2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Hi there Ravenaier:

What kind words you have just said to me..

My sister and I do this every year I never get to meet all the ladies that work in the lab this is for the humans but i know that I bring a smile to each of them.

And in the animal dept too...

Its the joy of giving not receiving that makes me spin..

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet, on behalf of those lab techs, I want to thank you. Whether its in the human or animal medicine, we're always the unsung and unseen heros in medicine. Thank you!!!

And yes, I will be joining in as well. :)

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i will join in....first i have to finish the gifts for my father and stepmother and step sister and stepbrother's families for this year....then off to the races. though i do have birthdays first. So here is the list of things to do:

January: Christmas gifts 2012

February: My Niece Emerald turns 4Smurfette stuffy finished 1/12/12

March: My daughter turns 17 My Nephew turns 12 a stuffed pokemon probably buy for daughter

April: My mother and Brother-in-law doily for mom and sock monkey for BIl

May: Work on christmas gifts for 2012

June: My baby sister turns 25and My grandaughter turns 1 on the same day Sis is getting a purse or tote munchkin is getting spoiled

July: Christmas 2012

August:Christmas 2012 Nephew Ethan turns 3 a choo choo stuffy or maybe a car

September:Christmas 2012

October:Christmas 2012

November: My niece Harlee turns 7 she is a ready for a new sweater

December: Christmas 2012/2013

Now who to make Christmas for:

Mom and Step-Father-Edgerry doo blanket

Sister and BIL-ornaments

Stepsister and BIL-Ornaments

Baby Sister-Ornaments

Brother and SIL-Ornaments

Niece Harlee-bed and sleeping bags for her zhu-zhu pets

Niece Emerald-bed and sleeping bags for her zhu-zhu pets

Nephew Spenser-stuffed pokemon

Nephew Ethan-Stuffy

Nephew Vin-Stuffy

Father and Step-mom--Ornaments

Step sister and fam-ornaments

Stepbrother and fam-ornaments

MIL-1 "orange" ornament

OK So this is my list so i can stay on track:eek

I will just have to see what the yarn wants to be...

That's how I work much of the time, too!

I think i will join in....first i have to finish the gifts for my father and stepmother and step sister and stepbrother's families for this year....then off to the races. though i do have birthdays first. So here is the list of things to do:

January: Christmas gifts 2012 Nephew Vin turns 1 making a stuffy

February: My Niece Emerald turns 4 probably a purse thing for her to put stuff in

March: My daughter turns 17 My Nephew turns 12 minion for nephew probably buy for daughter

June: My baby sister turns 25and My grandaughter turns 1 on the same day Sis is getting a purse or tote munchkin is getting spoiled

November: My niece Harlee turns 7 she is a girlie girl maybe new hair things and a bag to keep them in

Sister and BIL-ornaments

Baby Sister-Ornaments

Niece Harlee-Stuffy

Niece Emerald-Stuffy

Nephew Spenser-DS Case

Nephew Ethan-Stuffy

Nephew Vin-Stuffy

MIL-1 "orange" ornament

Wow...you put me to shame with how organized your list is!

If you need a :kick let us know...LOL!

this is a short list:think we stopped having christmas with all the cousins otherwise it would have 10 more families for ornaments and 15 more kids for gifts:eek thankfully :eekour large extended family has grown apart since my grandmother's diagnosis with alzheimers...we just don't all get together anymore...saves me much money and time. We don't even all get toghether for birthday parties anymore either...just too much life for everyone to try...we keep in touch on facebook and by phone and email even though we are all in t esame state and only in 5 different towns.

Wow Chrissy- that is some list!!!

I haven't even begun to think about what I'm making- still finishing up last minute this year gifts!

My oldest wants another scarf like the one I gave my middle DD- it's just a simple seed stitch and is a little on the wide side so she can wrap it around her head, then neck. Also just finished a hat for my stepgrandson and I like the way it turned out so going to make one for my Grandson-

I do want to do a few more afghans this year---a ripple being one of them. I guess maybe this weekend, I should decide some things I want to make and then go through the "yarn store" in the totes in my family room and my garage!!!

Wow, Chrissy, you are really organized! That is quite a list.

I don't have any sort of list yet, I'm still working on a cowl that is a gift for this Christmas. Luckily I won't need it until Thursday, and I should finish it this evening.

I have the list i just have to decide on patterns and colors...that can take me forever. Thankfully i have the fleece for My mom's edgerydoo, and a huge box of fiberfill for the stuffies. I too shop in the "yarn store" in the storage area but my step daughter gave me a gift certificate for the LYS so i will be able to fill in missing colors. I have to be organized otherwise someone will get left out or i will be crocheting on christmas morning...did that once and vowed never again.

i will be crocheting on christmas morning...did that once and vowed never again.

ONLY ONCE????? shoot I have done it the last 3 years, and two of them finished items in the driveway of the person receiving:lol. I need to take some lessons from you

January: Christmas gifts 2012 Nephew Vin turns 1 making a stuffy

February: My Niece Emerald turns 4 probably a purse thing for her to put stuff in

March: My daughter turns 17 My Nephew turns 12 minion for nephew probably buy for daughter

November: My niece Harlee turns 7 she is a girlie girl maybe new hair things and a bag to keep them in

Sister and BIL-ornaments

Baby Sister-Ornaments

Niece Harlee-Stuffy

Niece Emerald-Stuffy

Nephew Spenser-DS Case

Nephew Ethan-Stuffy

Nephew Vin-Stuffy

MIL-1 "orange" ornament

WOW I need a list made like that!

ONLY ONCE????? shoot I have done it the last 3 years, and two of them finished items in the driveway of the person receiving:lol. I need to take some lessons from you

I did that this year, finished the last ornament at 11:30 a.m and was sewing a mattress cover for a doll bed at 6 a.m. after finishing the afghan for it the night before at midnight

I do not work, my kids are self sufficient and i hate to have idle hands. I start early, make lists and plan ahead. No tricks really just alot of time waiting for kids to finish band events, horseback riding and oh yeah i rarely sleep more than two to three hours a night.

I need to take lessons from some of you regarding the lists!

List started:

8 cowls for my fellow supervisors and bosses for Christmas gifts for next year. I'm trying out the convertible cowl pattern by JustessDesigns that I found on Rav which is working up rather quickly since you use bulky yarn. My daughter wanted one so this one will be for her.

30th Birthday gift for middle DD - March

My DD's sister and bro-in-law are expecting twins- boy and girl- due in July- so need to make two baby blankets

Afghan for nephew going to college in the fall- waiting to hear where he decides to go and then will pick school colors

'morning, everyone!

I did that this year, finished the last ornament at 11:30 a.m and was sewing a mattress cover for a doll bed at 6 a.m. after finishing the afghan for it the night before at midnight

You two are a hoot!

Though my mother...who made my wedding dress...did have to farm out the final stitching of the applique on the train to a neighbor...the very morning I was getting married:lol:lol:lol

I think I will join, I ran out of time this year for most of what I wanted to do. I will make my list in the next few days, but I know the first one will be a present for my mom's birthday in February.

Welcome!!!:cheer

I need to take lessons from some of you regarding the lists!

List started:

8 cowls for my fellow supervisors and bosses for Christmas gifts for next year. I'm trying out the convertible cowl pattern by JustessDesigns that I found on Rav which is working up rather quickly since you use bulky yarn. My daughter wanted one so this one will be for her.

30th Birthday gift for middle DD - March

My DD's sister and bro-in-law are expecting twins- boy and girl- due in July- so need to make two baby blankets

Afghan for nephew going to college in the fall- waiting to hear where he decides to go and then will pick school colors

Good list!

I don't have much to think of re Christmas gifts...though the idea of making a ghan with college colors is a great one. I also need to see what school my goddaughter goes to first!

Let's see, I have given it some thought now.

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

Neighbors- dishclothes/towels etc

Dh's work- candy bars w/custom wrappers

My list will end up being larger but that is what I have so far.

I finished the cowl that dd will get for this years Christmas last night and found a pair of slippers that I had started knitting earlier this year. That gave me the idea to make everyone in my immediate family a pair of knit slippers as a stocking stuffer for next year. I can crochet them all in a couple of week, but they always say that crocheted slippers are uncomfortable. (and I would have to agree that knit slippers are more comfortable.)

Well, I think I will join in with everyone here :think

I have no list to start from however, and guess I need to compile something. I am currently working a graph ghan as a birthday present coming up next week. Then I'd like to work some of the long standing WIP's that keep getting tossed aside, which will be able to be used as gifts next year....but to whom? :think Maybe this group will help to keep me motivated on those projects so I can finally finish them. One of them was started to be a christmas gift last year (2010) :eek

Well, I finally finished this year's gifts last night, so now I can start thinking about my list for next year! :lol I hope to have that at least started by this weekend! I do know that I have a friend who's daughter is expecting twins in May, so I'll be making blankets for them. Technically, I guess my list is started! :D

A big HOWDY to all the newbies and oldies (?) not OLD, just veterans of the ville ....:heart

Jude

I am just tickled pink how your new CAL is gaining steam .Good job ! :tup

It's great to see people already planning out their lists and deciding what all needs done .

Since this one isn't totally limited to crochet, maybe I can jump in on it myself to some extent .

So, MY first project,will be a pretty tiny one . I got Steph's little girl a babydoll for Christmas,and she immediately wanted a blankie to cover her up. So, I'm gonna make her a quickie baby blanket . I'll be able to polish it off quick so the yarn shouldnt be too much of an issue . Man ,is it going to be good to hold a crochet hook again !

Will check in later --:)

A big HOWDY to all the newbies and oldies (?) not OLD, just veterans of the ville ....:heart

Jude

It's great to see people already planning out their lists and deciding what all needs done .

Since this one isn't totally limited to crochet, maybe I can jump in on it myself to some extent .

So, MY first project,will be a pretty tiny one . I got Steph's little girl a babydoll for Christmas,and she immediately wanted a blankie to cover her up. So, I'm gonna make her a quickie baby blanket . I'll be able to polish it off quick so the yarn shouldnt be too much of an issue . Man ,is it going to be good to hold a crochet hook again !

Sending you positive thoughts that the yarn doesn't bother you for this small project :xfin:hug I'm excited for you to hold onto that hook! :bounce:woo

Hi there Marisa

Thanks for the cheerleading ! It's good to see you . How are things going ? Did you finish the big graph-ghan in time for Christmas ?

Not yet, it's actually for a birthday gift next weekend (jan 7) :D So I have a little time yet. That's what I will be working on tonight after I get home :yes

I love the enthusiasm here!!

Jude

Hey, my friend!!! Hopefully you can make the blanket - if not, there are always fat quarters than can be stitched into a quilt-type blankie for the doll. Fingers crossed!

Not yet, it's actually for a birthday gift next weekend (jan 7) :D So I have a little time yet. That's what I will be working on tonight after I get home :yes

GO:cheerMarisa:cheerGO!

Cindy I love the idea you have for knitted slippers!

Just break it down to getting so much done over a certain period of time so you won't have a problem finishing them.

Archived