2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Here's a pic of the afghan I made for my brother. Unfortunately, I can't get it to lie flat. I'm guess that since I made most of the squares on the day that I had a horrible migraine, my gauge was probably off, but I still think it came out well.

Very nice!

It looks great!!! I'm sure he's going to love it !! The colors are awesome and manly!!! (BTW- is that the ghan from the last Bernat Mystery CAL? )

I was wondering the same thing :)

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a pic of the afghan I made for my brother. Unfortunately, I can't get it to lie flat. I'm guess that since I made most of the squares on the day that I had a horrible migraine, my gauge was probably off, but I still think it came out well.

great job! and about laying flat: washing and drying it often take care of the worse wrinkles (experience:lol)

I did it...my wrists were bothering me and my eyes were crossing so i took a little break from crochet and taught myself to knit....and i succeeded i managed to learn the knit stitch over the weekend and just now through the reverse knit method purled. I am so excited. But my fingers are sore so tomorrow i will crochet again.

:yay it is exciting to learn a new skill!

It looks great!!! I'm sure he's going to love it !! The colors are awesome and manly!!! (BTW- is that the ghan from the last Bernat Mystery CAL? )

Yes, it is! I saw the finished product & just knew that I had to make one and immediately thought of my brother. I did change the square that had a flower motif to a regular square.

Judianne - I've washed & dried it & it's laying a little better than it was, but still not the way it should. I haven't had this problem with an afghan in a long time, which makes me think it was my tension the day I made the squares.

I'm still pleased with the end result over all.

It came out great and I love the color scheme :yes

I did it...my wrists were bothering me and my eyes were crossing so i took a little break from crochet and taught myself to knit....and i succeeded i managed to learn the knit stitch over the weekend and just now through the reverse knit method purled. I am so excited. But my fingers are sore so tomorrow i will crochet again.

WTG girl :clap:yay:cheer You'll have the purl down in no time

great job! and about laying flat: washing and drying it often take care of the worse wrinkles (experience:lol)

That was going to be my suggestion as well :lol

Well ladies I hope you are all working hard on your gifts for this coming christmas..

I finally was able to take some photos of some of the items i'm making for gifts...

So here they are my friends...

I have made potato chip scarf and a cloche to go with it and also i made one scoodie and i made some dishcloths and scrubbie sets..

Still working on more items and will post as i go along.

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897730541_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897730545_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897730548_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897730551_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897730554_thumb.jpg

Well ladies I hope you are all working hard on your gifts for this coming christmas..

I finally was able to take some photos of some of the items i'm making for gifts...

I have made potato chip scarf and a cloche to go with it and also i made one scoodie and i made some dishcloths and scrubbie sets..

hugs

Lillibet

Great projects :manyheart

It came out wonderful!!!

Congrats on teaching yourself to knit and purl!

It's fun learning a new skill. I have a little 'knit' project on some needles--I work on it when I go to our local craft club since the ladies there can help me if I need it. Unfortunately I didn't make it last night since I got out of work so late.:(

Awww, too bad you missed craft group last night! You need some down time. :hug

hugs

Lillibet

Great projects!!! WTG!!!

That is a great afghan, your brother is going to love it.

hugs

Lillibet

Everything looks great.

hugs

Lillibet

Great work! You're really on a roll!:yes

Good morning :hi

I finished up my 8th square last night, so 4 more to go :yay I hope everyone has a wonderful hump day :wink

Great news...Ilike the way you're taking it a little at a time instead of stressing because you can't sit and do a lot to get it over with.:yes

WTG Marisa!!!! You're getting there- and I bet it's going to be beautiful when you are finished!!!!!

Not much progress on my RR, but I did finally drop off the lilac baby blanket I made for my DD's friend last night. She said she is going to call her to see if she can visit her today and bring it to her.

Good morning :hi

I finished up my 8th square last night, so 4 more to go :yay I hope everyone has a wonderful hump day :wink

WTG!!!

WTG Marisa!!!! You're getting there- and I bet it's going to be beautiful when you are finished!!!!!

Not much progress on my RR, but I did finally drop off the lilac baby blanket I made for my DD's friend last night. She said she is going to call her to see if she can visit her today and bring it to her.

I'm sure DD's friend is going to love it!

I got some more work done on my baby blanket last night. I'm about 2/3 way done. Slow, but sure, I'm getting there!

Finally seeing some progress on the Valentines box that I need to ship soon. I pulled out the books I've been collecting to put in it this morning. Last night I finished up the crocheted Chocolate Kiss and posted his picture on my blog this morning. You can see him here.

I have the second item almost finished. Then the last item in the booklet is crocheted heart cookies so those shouldn't take too long.:lol:lol

Finally seeing some progress on the Valentines box that I need to ship soon. I pulled out the books I've been collecting to put in it this morning. Last night I finished up the crocheted Chocolate Kiss and posted his picture on my blog this morning. You can see him here.

I have the second item almost finished. Then the last item in the booklet is crocheted heart cookies so those shouldn't take too long.:lol:lol

Very cute :manyheart

That's really cute!

Very cute!!

Cute chocolate kiss.

:birthdayHappy Birthday Marisa!:cake

Hi Ladies,

I've been off the Ville for a while. I've had 6 deaths in my family this past year. I was browsing through and decided I would like to join this CAL. I'm also going to come back to the "House." I've made several scarf and hat sets. I'll post pictures soon. Have a good day all!

Hi Ladies,

I've been off the Ville for a while. I've had 6 deaths in my family this past year. I was browsing through and decided I would like to join this CAL. I'm also going to come back to the "House." I've made several scarf and hat sets. I'll post pictures soon. Have a good day all!

Valerie, it's so good to see you here. I'm so sorry you've been going through so much:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart

Archived