2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that sounds like a beautiful project!

QUOTE]

She and i designed it together...i should say that i called her and said what should be on it and she described what she might like. Then i designed it with the dimensions of her cedar chest that she uses as her altar. It has a pentacle in the center with the crescent moon facing in opposite directions...i think she called it the goddess symbol then to fill in the "dead" space i added the sillouhette of stalking cats in mirror image of each other. it looks like it will be perfect i just have to get my behind moving on it.

It sounds like it's going to be very pretty!!!! Good luck with it!!!!

So glad to hear that others are working on there projects. One pair of baby booties led to seven pairs (I was so happy with how they turned out). I have some pink yarn that I bought at a yard sale that I'm trying to finish up-four hats later I still have yarn :think.

I won't be able together much done this week. Lots to do at work, and have to get the house clean before my mother-in-law comes, but I will get back to my list soon.

so i managed to get about 30 rows done on my sister's gift...then she called and we talked for 4 hours so no crocheting done. of course all that is visible is a kitty's behind

post-9809-135897728908_thumb.jpg

so i managed to get about 30 rows done on my sister's gift...then she called and we talked for 4 hours so no crocheting done. of course all that is visible is a kitty's behind

That looks great! How are you going to manage to block a piece that big?:think

Great start! :cheer :cheer :cheer

That looks great! How are you going to manage to block a piece that big?:think

I will use my extra large beach towel and block it on my dresser which is twice as long as my sister's cedar chest it is going to be very simply blocked...i rarely block anything i usually sew my filet pieces to fabric and "block" them that way. so this one will ust be stretched out and sort of blocked...she will "block" it better once she gets it home she promised.

Chrissy-It's beautiful so far!!

I will use my extra large beach towel and block it on my dresser which is twice as long as my sister's cedar chest it is going to be very simply blocked...i rarely block anything i usually sew my filet pieces to fabric and "block" them that way. so this one will ust be stretched out and sort of blocked...she will "block" it better once she gets it home she promised.

Good planning!

Howdy, ladies....

Not much going on - we were out and about a bit (cabin fever after one day of snow...LOL) and now are waiitng for the football playoff games to start.

But we're REALLY waiting for the Giants game at 6:30, Eastern time:D

I may not be able to concentrate on hooking today.

My baby blankie is 3/4ths finished, I think - and I love how it looks.:c9

Howdy, ladies....

Not much going on - we were out and about a bit (cabin fever after one day of snow...LOL) and now are waiitng for the football playoff games to start.

But we're REALLY waiting for the Giants game at 6:30, Eastern time:D

I may not be able to concentrate on hooking today.

My baby blankie is 3/4ths finished, I think - and I love how it looks.:c9

Go Giants!!

I can totally relate to the not concentrating part! Watching the Ravens/Pats game now!

Can't believe that a missed Field Goal cost them the game:(

Now it's Giants time!!!! Oh, I sure hope they can pull it out!!!!

Go Big Blue!

Halftime: so far, so good:D

End of game and we won!!!! What a game!!!!! So happy!!!!:yay:clap:yay:cheer

Giants are the NFC Champs and Going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Unbelievable win!:cheer:clap:cheer:yay

Good afternoon everyone :hi

Go Giants :clap:yay I was really rooting for both the ravens AND the patriots to LOSE!!! :rofl But, that just can't happen :shrug I'll definitely be rooting for the Giants to win the superbowl :cheer

Chrissy - your ghan is starting out beautifully :manyheart

I got some hook time in on Saturday and think I finished my 7th square, but I also made a square to mail out :yes

Finally finished the afghan for my brother. As soon as it's dry, I'll take a pic of it. His birthday was yesterday (Sunday), but he knows that I'm mailing it out tomorrow (Tuesday). Now I can only hope that he likes it.

Here's a pic of the afghan I made for my brother. Unfortunately, I can't get it to lie flat. I'm guess that since I made most of the squares on the day that I had a horrible migraine, my gauge was probably off, but I still think it came out well.

post-20325-135897730436_thumb.jpg

I did it...my wrists were bothering me and my eyes were crossing so i took a little break from crochet and taught myself to knit....and i succeeded i managed to learn the knit stitch over the weekend and just now through the reverse knit method purled. I am so excited. But my fingers are sore so tomorrow i will crochet again.

Here's a pic of the afghan I made for my brother. Unfortunately, I can't get it to lie flat. I'm guess that since I made most of the squares on the day that I had a horrible migraine, my gauge was probably off, but I still think it came out well.

It looks great!!! I'm sure he's going to love it !! The colors are awesome and manly!!! (BTW- is that the ghan from the last Bernat Mystery CAL? )

I did it...my wrists were bothering me and my eyes were crossing so i took a little break from crochet and taught myself to knit....and i succeeded i managed to learn the knit stitch over the weekend and just now through the reverse knit method purled. I am so excited. But my fingers are sore so tomorrow i will crochet again.

It's fun learning a new skill. I have a little 'knit' project on some needles--I work on it when I go to our local craft club since the ladies there can help me if I need it. Unfortunately I didn't make it last night since I got out of work so late.:(

Archived