2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Hey everyone,

I just finished crocheting my dd a hat. I've started on another one for her but it will be a slouch hat and it will be knitted. I'm going to try to post a pic of the one thats done. I've never done it before so here goes nothing.[ATTACH]51597[/ATTACH]

That's so adorable!!:clap

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone,

I just finished crocheting my dd a hat. I've started on another one for her but it will be a slouch hat and it will be knitted. I'm going to try to post a pic of the one thats done. I've never done it before so here goes nothing.[ATTACH]51597[/ATTACH]

That is super cute!

Anne, I also like the idea of same color dresses with different accents, but I know that some moms really want their twins to be individual. I have one friend who never referred to her daughters as twins, and never dressed them alike, and another who still calls her adult daughters "the twins", and always dressed them alike. I think adding different color accents will endear you to both points of view.

Tina - The hat is gorgeous!

Ann - I would make the dresses with different accents. I know adult twin men that buy the same clothes but are married and do not consult each other on what the other is wearing. Yet they wear the same outfits on the same day.

Have a good night all.

Good Morning Everyone! Thanks for all the opinions. It looks like we are all leaning the same way, lol! Same color, different accents it is! You guys are the best! :hug

Hey everyone,

Adorable hat!!!

Hey everyone,

This hat is adorable :manyheart

Ann - I agree 100% on the different color accents for the dresses :yes

Good morning all,

Judy, thanks for the pattern.

You're welcome...it was fast and easy from the look of it...my kind of pattern this close to V day;)

I need and intervention...I learned to knit January 25 and have been neglecting my crochet since. I made two crocheted hats, a few chocolate themed gifts for the chocolate swap but otherwise no crochet:eek. I have even designed a knitted item:think. Do you think it is intervention time?

I need and intervention...I learned to knit January 25 and have been neglecting my crochet since. I made two crocheted hats, a few chocolate themed gifts for the chocolate swap but otherwise no crochet:eek. I have even designed a knitted item:think. Do you think it is intervention time?

To me...I would just follow my muse, wherever it leads:c9

To me...I would just follow my muse, wherever it leads:c9

I agree with Judy!

I'm thinking of some projects I have on my WIM list and need to start making a list. They may turn into gifts - or not. Most everyone I know has received something handmade from me...oh, I just thought of someone who hasn't!:lol

I just like changing projects...it's sort of like the books I read. Right now I have maybe 6 books I've started - but no 2 are in the same genre, or even close.

I get bored easily:lol

I'm thinking of some projects I have on my WIM list and need to start making a list. They may turn into gifts - or not. Most everyone I know has received something handmade from me...oh, I just thought of someone who hasn't!:lol

I just like changing projects...it's sort of like the books I read. Right now I have maybe 6 books I've started - but no 2 are in the same genre, or even close.

I get bored easily:lol

What does WIM stand for? WIP is work in progress, but I can't figure out WIM :lol

I adapted a children's pattern to make this Gingerbread Scarf for a swap. I'm thinking it would be easy to change this to a popular kitty scarf for Christmas for one of the younger ones on my list who is a huge fan. Add ears and a little bow, nose, etc. and it could be quite cute.

That is really cute!

I adapted a children's pattern to make this Gingerbread Scarf for a swap. I'm thinking it would be easy to change this to a popular kitty scarf for Christmas for one of the younger ones on my list who is a huge fan. Add ears and a little bow, nose, etc. and it could be quite cute.

That's cute!

What does WIM stand for? WIP is work in progress, but I can't figure out WIM :lol

Work(s) in Mind:D

It took me years to pick up the slang around here:lol

That is adorable!

I'm thinking of making a friend of mine a nice cozy blanket just for her....I made her DD one years ago, and now I think it's time for her.

Not sure of anything yet - color, pattern...:think The one thing I DO know, it won't be bright:lol Bright is my thing, not hers.:D

I'm thinking of making a friend of mine a nice cozy blanket just for her....I made her DD one years ago, and now I think it's time for her.

Not sure of anything yet - color, pattern...:think The one thing I DO know, it won't be bright:lol Bright is my thing, not hers.:D

What a great idea- and whatever you come up will be gorgeous:hug

the gingerbread scarf is cute.

I am literally pulling my hair out...my daughter and her friend want scarves no biggie...out of red heart sashay...again no real issue since our LYS had plenty. I bought it never having worked with ribbon yarn before i read the instructions. again no problem. i decided that this is a perfect project for my new skill knitting...again no problem. Easy cast on easy stitches. I have had to frog the first one four times most recently at the very end becuase my daughter decided that it was too short...so this is attempt number 5 on just the first scarf.:think these teenagers are lucky i love them. It really knits quick so i should finish both by the end of the weekend but jeesh frogging four times on a simple one skein less than 10 stitch scarf. What was i thinking! I know this yarn is why i wanted to learn to knit...it really is easier to knit with it than crochet.

the gingerbread scarf is cute.

I am literally pulling my hair out...my daughter and her friend want scarves no biggie...out of red heart sashay...again no real issue since our LYS had plenty. I bought it never having worked with ribbon yarn before i read the instructions. again no problem. i decided that this is a perfect project for my new skill knitting...again no problem. Easy cast on easy stitches. I have had to frog the first one four times most recently at the very end becuase my daughter decided that it was too short...so this is attempt number 5 on just the first scarf.:think these teenagers are lucky i love them. It really knits quick so i should finish both by the end of the weekend but jeesh frogging four times on a simple one skein less than 10 stitch scarf. What was i thinking! I know this yarn is why i wanted to learn to knit...it really is easier to knit with it than crochet.

:cheer The fifth try will be a charm and you'll have 2 beautiful scarves in no time:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Edit to add- I just saw the scarf posted in Show and Tell- Beautiful scarf AND daughter!!!!

Archived