2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

I'm making cotton market bags for Christmas presents. The patterns are here and here

Your market bags do look wonderful!

I finished this for my Aunt & Uncle for Christmas. It's just lapghan size, about 65" from point to point. The couch cushions were all squished funny so it looks wonky. Forgive the shabby couch, we have decided to live with it until my 3 year old is older and doesn't ruin quite so many things.

post-22492-135897744517_thumb.jpg

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished this for my Aunt & Uncle for Christmas. It's just lapghan size, about 65" from point to point. The couch cushions were all squished funny so it looks wonky. Forgive the shabby couch, we have decided to live with it until my 3 year old is older and doesn't ruin quite so many things.

Very pretty! I love the RR pattern.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the market bags. I've made 9 now, but given one away.

Beautiful :manyheart I wouldn't worry about the looks of the couch as long as it serves its purpose :wink:lol

Oh, that's really "Holiday-ish"! Great job! I know how tedious RRs can be at the end, esp when that big!:clap

Oh, they will love this. Its gorgeous!

I am pretty much at a standstill with the majority of my knitting and crocheting...I am insane!:think My daughter is in the High School Production of Phantom of the OPera and i volunteered to help out.:eek So i am spending every day from 12 noon until 7-8 at night at the school. I am working the daily ticket booth for advance ticket sales until 3 then i am painting sets, putting finishing touches on costumes, and folding and stuffing programs. Opening night is March 15th and then i am working the lobby for all but two shows...the two that i have family coming to see. and then cleaning up after...shows are 15, 16, 17 7pm 18th 1 pm 22, 23 and 24 7 pm so the lobby has to be emptied every night because of school the next day. THe only crafting i am doing is in the morning before i leave and a bit at night before i collapse. Though some of that crafting is take home sewing of costumes. I usually have trouble sleeping but not right now. So if i am quiet that is why...I have become a drama club volunteer.

I am pretty much at a standstill with the majority of my knitting and crocheting...I am insane!:think My daughter is in the High School Production of Phantom of the OPera and i volunteered to help out.:eek So i am spending every day from 12 noon until 7-8 at night at the school. I am working the daily ticket booth for advance ticket sales until 3 then i am painting sets, putting finishing touches on costumes, and folding and stuffing programs. Opening night is March 15th and then i am working the lobby for all but two shows...the two that i have family coming to see. and then cleaning up after...shows are 15, 16, 17 7pm 18th 1 pm 22, 23 and 24 7 pm so the lobby has to be emptied every night because of school the next day. THe only crafting i am doing is in the morning before i leave and a bit at night before i collapse. Though some of that crafting is take home sewing of costumes. I usually have trouble sleeping but not right now. So if i am quiet that is why...I have become a drama club volunteer.

all that activity WILL help you sleep at night - that's for sure!

Parents are always needed to help out - good for you!:hug:manyheart

I'm tired just reading about it......

It's parents like you that makes these activities possible for the kids and it will all be worth it when you see it all put together :hug:yes:hug:yes

Chrissy- I agree with Marisa!! Parents that volunteer make all the activities possible! I remember those days well- and they were some of the most fun (although most exhausting) times!!!

Good luck to the entire group on the production!!! Phantom is a great show!

I've been getting a list together of all the things I want to crochet for family members for Christmas. From the looks of it I better get started now it will take me all year to finish :hook

It does sneak up on you! We're looking forward to seeing what you've come up with!

I finished another cotton tote this weekend--up to seven for Christmas, close to half-way there. Just ordered the yarn for a sampler afghan for my DIL for Christmas. I want to do some more afghans, but haven't decided on patterns yet.

I finished another cotton tote this weekend--up to seven for Christmas, close to half-way there. Just ordered the yarn for a sampler afghan for my DIL for Christmas. I want to do some more afghans, but haven't decided on patterns yet.

:yay WTG! Keep up the great work :cheer

I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide on the ghans! If you need any input, just give a shout. We're lurking around:lol

the calm before the storm...no play rehersal today...parents are without projects...tomorrow night final dress rehersal and then opening night Thursday. So today i managed a few more rows on the comissioned afghan and finished the first half of a knitted potholder. once i find the camera, it has been back and forth to rehersals so i have no clue which bag it is in.. i will post a picture because it is a really cool pattern.

the calm before the storm...no play rehersal today...parents are without projects...tomorrow night final dress rehersal and then opening night Thursday. So today i managed a few more rows on the comissioned afghan and finished the first half of a knitted potholder. once i find the camera, it has been back and forth to rehersals so i have no clue which bag it is in.. i will post a picture because it is a really cool pattern.

This is an amazing gift to the students and parents both. Just saw one of my nieces Middle School musical and having worked a few school productions I know the work that goes into pulling these off. The benefit to the students is wonderful.

I've been working mostly on swap projects, but have finally gotten back to working on birthdays and Easter. I finished the first of three pirates I need for a April birthday. He is posted on my blog here.

I am finishing up a Mouse and his cookie to go with a copy of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie I'm putting in an Easter basket box. I'm still plugging away on a baby blanket that I don't need until the late spring/early summer so I put that on the back burner to finish the spring birthdays and Easter.

I've been working mostly on swap projects, but have finally gotten back to working on birthdays and Easter. I finished the first of three pirates I need for a April birthday. He is posted on my blog here.

VERY cute!!:clap

I am finishing up a Mouse and his cookie to go with a copy of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie I'm putting in an Easter basket box. I'm still plugging away on a baby blanket that I don't need until the late spring/early summer so I put that on the back burner to finish the spring birthdays and Easter.

You're doing great!:cheer

Very cute! I can't wait to see the other two and your Mouse ;)

I finished one wedding afghan. Here is a pic:

post-22492-135897746871_thumb.jpg

Very cute! I can't wait to see the other two and your Mouse ;)

I finished one wedding afghan. Here is a pic:

WOW! Gorgeous job:cheer:clap Was it originally a doily pattern??

Archived