2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

You're welcome! I liked that square design with the JAG = no sewing together at the end!

The book marks would make great quick "thinking of you" gifts.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody! I've been working on three bed dolls for Christmas next year. I've got two of them done except for some small finishing touches and started on the third, but decided to take a break to work on a few other things and get a much needed mental rest. The dolls will be for my two daughters and my mother in-law. I also want to make a stuffed horse for for my granddaughter. She saw one in a crochet mag I have and begged me to make it for her. And since I'm making something for my granddaughter, I also have to find something to make for my grandson, though I'm undecided what it will be as yet. I think I like this CAL! It will keep me motivated to get it all done.

Hi everybody! I've been working on three bed dolls for Christmas next year. I've got two of them done except for some small finishing touches and started on the third, but decided to take a break to work on a few other things and get a much needed mental rest. The dolls will be for my two daughters and my mother in-law. I also want to make a stuffed horse for for my granddaughter. She saw one in a crochet mag I have and begged me to make it for her. And since I'm making something for my granddaughter, I also have to find something to make for my grandson, though I'm undecided what it will be as yet. I think I like this CAL! It will keep me motivated to get it all done.

Do you have any pics of the bed dolls? Sounds like you have been very busy and gotten a nice head start on Christmas gifts! Me, not so much:lol:lol

Welcome!!:hook:hug

How old is your grandson? There are patterns for footballs, etc -

Can't wait to see pics of your projects!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

What kinds of things does he like? I picked up a pattern to make some space ships for one of my nephews. Best not to mention the name.:lol I have an airplane with a cat in it on my list of patterns for wish list for my DH to choose from when picking out crochet presents for me. There are lots of fun stuff for boys, dragons, etc. It depends on the age.

There are so many great projects being done.

I finished a Leprechaun for my husband's office. I'm working on a RR baby blanket for my niece that I need to have done for the spring. I have a rooster egg almost completed for my Easter box.

What kinds of things does he like? I picked up a pattern to make some space ships for one of my nephews. Best not to mention the name.:lol I have an airplane with a cat in it on my list of patterns for wish list for my DH to choose from when picking out crochet presents for me. There are lots of fun stuff for boys, dragons, etc. It depends on the age.

There are so many great projects being done.

I finished a Leprechaun for my husband's office. I'm working on a RR baby blanket for my niece that I need to have done for the spring. I have a rooster egg almost completed for my Easter box.

Baily you are amazing! You are so good at your seasonal boxes! I am inwardly groaning just thinking about making something to go in each of my children's easter baskets. I wish that I had the dedication that you have :)

:welcome What exactly is a bed doll?

I usually lurk here because there is no way I'm starting on Christmas gifts now... but I just had to :lol at rooster eggs... :hook

I'm working on intermittent gifts for people, no time to think about next christmas yet :lol

I usually lurk here because there is no way I'm starting on Christmas gifts now... but I just had to :lol at rooster eggs... :hook

Crochet Village had a pattern of "egg" patterns ranging from chicks to lambs shaped like eggs. My husband bought it for me because he knows I'm always looking for quick things to put in the kids' Easter box. The rooster is the first pattern in the set.

Baily you are amazing! You are so good at your seasonal boxes! I am inwardly groaning just thinking about making something to go in each of my children's easter baskets. I wish that I had the dedication that you have :)

They aren't my kids so its easier to work on the stuff.:lol:lol:lol

Very cute and I was looking at it thinking....but what do you do with it :think

Then I read the name of the item :oops and surprise, surprise...it answered my question :rofl:blush

How funny, that was exactly my thought when I looked at the picture. I don't think I would use it for hot items though, it looks pretty rather than practical to me.

Very cute and I was looking at it thinking....but what do you do with it :think

Then I read the name of the item :oops and surprise, surprise...it answered my question :rofl:blush

You're too funny!:lol:lol:lol:lol

How funny, that was exactly my thought when I looked at the picture. I don't think I would use it for hot items though, it looks pretty rather than practical to me.

I wouldn't put a super hot thing on it, either...maybe just a warm teapot or something. It's certainly different!

I didn't look at the rest of the site to see what else she had there....

Finally getting moving on my St. Patrick's Day box which has to leave the house soon.:lol:lol

Finished the Leprechaun with Pot of Gold which is posted on my blog. I am working on a Barbie dress that I found in an old Shady Lane magazine. I don't know if that will make the box or end up in the Easter one. I have a RR baby blanket I need to have done before May and two more kid's birthdays and Easter to squeeze in. It seems like Jan just started.:eek:eek

Finally getting moving on my St. Patrick's Day box which has to leave the house soon.:lol:lol

Finished the Leprechaun with Pot of Gold which is posted on my blog. I am working on a Barbie dress that I found in an old Shady Lane magazine. I don't know if that will make the box or end up in the Easter one. I have a RR baby blanket I need to have done before May and two more kid's birthdays and Easter to squeeze in. It seems like Jan just started.:eek:eek

I like that little guy!:clap

I like him!!!

Your leprechaun is so cute!!!!

Archived