2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the gingerbread scarf is cute.

I am literally pulling my hair out...my daughter and her friend want scarves no biggie...out of red heart sashay...again no real issue since our LYS had plenty. I bought it never having worked with ribbon yarn before i read the instructions. again no problem. i decided that this is a perfect project for my new skill knitting...again no problem. Easy cast on easy stitches. I have had to frog the first one four times most recently at the very end becuase my daughter decided that it was too short...so this is attempt number 5 on just the first scarf.:think these teenagers are lucky i love them. It really knits quick so i should finish both by the end of the weekend but jeesh frogging four times on a simple one skein less than 10 stitch scarf. What was i thinking! I know this yarn is why i wanted to learn to knit...it really is easier to knit with it than crochet.

I'm knitting a scarf with Bernats Twist and Twirl which is a similar yarn. I'm finding it really boring.

Your scarf turned out really nice. I think I like that yarn a little better than the Bernat. I don't think mine will be that long though, its about 2 1/2 feet long now and I think I'm more than halfway through the yarn.

I've been away for a little while and have enjoyed going back and reading about everyone's projects. I found out my sister-in-law is having a girl and I was able to make her a blanket and matching booties while out of town. I also finished the camo afghan for her four year old and made a pair of booties with the extra yarn (not sure who they are for yet).

Booties with the orange are camo and hunter's orange.

post-46668-13589773705_thumb.jpg

post-46668-135897737052_thumb.jpg

post-46668-135897737055_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking of making a friend of mine a nice cozy blanket just for her....I made her DD one years ago, and now I think it's time for her.

Not sure of anything yet - color, pattern...:think The one thing I DO know, it won't be bright:lol Bright is my thing, not hers.:D

How nice! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be wonderful!!!

the gingerbread scarf is cute.

I am literally pulling my hair out...my daughter and her friend want scarves no biggie...out of red heart sashay...again no real issue since our LYS had plenty. I bought it never having worked with ribbon yarn before i read the instructions. again no problem. i decided that this is a perfect project for my new skill knitting...again no problem. Easy cast on easy stitches. I have had to frog the first one four times most recently at the very end becuase my daughter decided that it was too short...so this is attempt number 5 on just the first scarf.:think these teenagers are lucky i love them. It really knits quick so i should finish both by the end of the weekend but jeesh frogging four times on a simple one skein less than 10 stitch scarf. What was i thinking! I know this yarn is why i wanted to learn to knit...it really is easier to knit with it than crochet.

Wow, you just learned to knit and you're already using ribbon yarn! :clap That type of yarn scares the heck out of me! :lol

well since i kniitted it it is in other crafts but here it is...the model is the requester. I finished it just in time for her to wear it out.

It's gorgeous!!!

I've been away for a little while and have enjoyed going back and reading about everyone's projects. I found out my sister-in-law is having a girl and I was able to make her a blanket and matching booties while out of town. I also finished the camo afghan for her four year old and made a pair of booties with the extra yarn (not sure who they are for yet).

Great projects!!!

How nice! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be wonderful!!!

Wow, you just learned to knit and you're already using ribbon yarn! :clap That type of yarn scares the heck out of me! :lol

It's gorgeous!!!

Great projects!!!

yup just learned and i have already designed a knitted item! This yarn scared me too right up uintil i watched the video of how to use it then it was like really that is it well heck that is easy. If you get the chance give it a try.

well since i kniitted it it is in other crafts but here it is...the model is the requester. I finished it just in time for her to wear it out.

Adorable!!!:clap

Great work, Tanya!:cheer

Great projects!

Well, I'm down to the last color of my border for my sunflower ghan that will be a bridal shower gift in March :clap

Beautiful scarf AND model :yes

I love all your projects :manyheart

yup just learned and i have already designed a knitted item! This yarn scared me too right up uintil i watched the video of how to use it then it was like really that is it well heck that is easy. If you get the chance give it a try.

One of theses days I just might get brave enough! :lol

Marissa, WTG on the ghan!!!

Hi, ya!

I'm ready to start the Bernat CAL tomorrow...so, now that the baby RR is finished (will post a pic later) I'm all set to go.:hook

Thanks everyone,

The sunflower ghan is finished AND I even remembered to snap a picture :D I did, however, forget to measure it but I think it's about 40x48ish now.

So, without further ado.....

That looks fantastic!!!!!:clap

Some ladies here already saw this, but here's the RR that's going to the NICU. It's 42 inches across.

very pretty colors...they remind me of the colors of the first high school i went to!

Archived