Browsing through Patterns on the Way to Losing It

Do you ever just pick an item and do a Ravelry search? I did this last night for "hats." There are 169 PAGES of hat patterns (over 6,000 hats) and 63 pages of FREE hat patterns! I had so much fun, just browsing through the patterns and FOs! I enjoyed the amazing talent of all the folks who had posted both the designs and finished projects. So many variations of head coverings!

This morning I picked "scarves" -- even though I never finished "hats" from yesterday! But I wanted some variety and BOY did I get it! I have done plenty of searches when I was looking for something in particular but this was more fun -- just enjoying EACH and EVERY pattern on its own merits and not so much as what I was looking for. Scarves can mean anything from a very wide shawl to the tiniest of chains bundled into an interesting bolo type design! FUN!

You can do the same thing here on Crochetville in the Show and Tell Forums! There seems to be no end to new sources of patterns and crocheted projects to marvel at!

I may have lost it and gone down the "rabbit hole of no return" into "Crochet Craziness" but I really have just had an enormous amount of enjoyment looking through all these patterns! It is similar to browsing through my crochet books at home but I am getting to know them like old friends -- this was new and exciting and more like dancing through the "Big Apple" or Dorothy in Wizard of Oz seeing Emerald City for the first time! Okay, now I have references to both Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz! Yes, I guess I have lost it! But had a lot of fun in the process! Who would have thought there is so much variety, talent, and entertainment in crochet?

Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets lost looking at patterns on Ravelry and here on Crochetville. It's so easy to start out looking for one thing and get completely sidetracked looking at other things.:lol

I also glad I am not the only one too as I do enjoy seeing so many new ideas get really lost looking at everything. It's like candy land can't get enough of it. I see so many great ideas and possibilities of a project I would like to make.

Thanks for letting me know I have GOOD company! We all like to lose ourselves in the patterns and beautiful yarns it seems! :) I guess reality is we can't make them all so we need to be able to "window ship" a little to fulfill the need!

I love patterns. I can spend hours just dreaming of what colors, who to make it for, where to wear it, and on and on. :lol I get so wrapped up in the patterns that very few things get finished and little time for crocheting. :eek

Totally guilty here, too. I still use Crochet Pattern Central a good bit but have to admit that the search parameters built into Ravelry make it really easy to narrow down to my desired patterns better. If DK yarn is what I want to work with then I can plug in DK and get only that. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Internet hasn't been a time saver at all, has it....

Nowadays I don't have time for the actual crocheting, since I'm browsing for patterns and ideas instead.

It's so nice to see what everyone else is making, but as I've discovered, I couldn't possibly make everything I like between now and the end of Eternity!!!

I'm guilty. Arrest me and take me away to the land of Oz. But please make sure there is a computer there so I can search the Ville and Rav for new and creative patterns. :yes

I actually like putting in really odd searches..like rain or storm or cloud. Just pick a random object or thing and searc on it!

What a unique idea!!

Internet hasn't been a time saver at all, has it....

Nowadays I don't have time for the actual crocheting, since I'm browsing for patterns and ideas instead.

Nor is it good to have access at work. Please tell me that the cyber cops aren't watching my every move :eek

I can't start my day until I have had a cup of coffee, and a trip thru the new posts on "ville. Then thru all the daily new pattern sites. :think

Don't know how I ever get any crochet :crocheting done!!

I love to search through patterns on Ravelry. You can also be very specific about the amount and recommended weight of the yarn (among other things). My favorite part is seeing the projects for the patterns. People are really creative, especially with afghan squares. Also, when I have a certain yarn and I don't know what to do with it, I search for the yarn and then look at the projects. You can search and narrow down from there too. Really awesome. :yes

I get on Crochetville to read topics that I had posted in the other day or what have you, and then I look at the patterns anyway. LOL. I'm in the midst of a project right now so I don't want to put it aside and work on something else, but I cannot help myself.

I'm so easily distracted anyway. :D

Oh, I'm right there with you! Sometimes I just need that "fix" of creativity looking at the patterns bring. I've done the same thing on Etsy, Ravelry, and of course here. It's better than "calgon take me away!" :lol:lol:lol:lol

Thanks for letting me know I have GOOD company! We all like to lose ourselves in the patterns and beautiful yarns it seems! :) I guess reality is we can't make them all so we need to be able to "window ship" a little to fulfill the need!

Archived