crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Morning all!! I've been doing my best to keep up with reading the posts daily. Yes, you are a chatty bunch, but think of all the friendships that have been made thru this thread. Too bad Ducky isn't able to come join us anymore. :(

Jana How's Keri?

Jana - remembering Keri, how's she doing?

Keri is pretty much out of it. Talked to my son yesterday and she is medicated most of the time to help ease the pain. Going by today after work to see if that will help put a smile on her face.

I am still in the hospital, totally ready to go home... Maybe I will get out of here this morning. One of my doctors has already released me. Now it's just up to the rest of my team to decide they don't want to come see me anymore. :lol

Anyway, I am going through serious crochet withdrawal now so I think when I get home I am going to make something for my favorite nurse up here and bring it back to her. Any suggestions on something that will really show my appreciation without taking forever to complete?

:hug :hug :hug

Sure hope you get out today!! And why wouldn't that hubby of yours bring your crochet?? School work, yes I can understand you need to keep up with that, but you also need some relaxing time with your hook and yarn. I agree, a SBT would be a great thank you gift (and a quick project too)

Uh Mama...we're already gone and here. :D

Great to wake up to the Gulf waves crashing and dolphins swimming by.

Waiting on room service then getting ready for the aquarium.

:turtle:vheart

Rub it in my friend!! You know I love the gulf side better than the space coast side. Much calmer and prettier. Have fun at the aquarium. HI BRUCE!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like DD would say:

What

Ev

ER!

Glad you are there and already enjoying yourself! Did you leave crocheting at home? I hope so!

Love ya and be safe!

Mama K

My suggestion: make one of Sue's stash busters! VERY quick and useful! Just saying.....some bright colors?

Mama K

I agree. Just this week I've had two people tell me how much they are enjoying their totes--one an SBT, the other a granny go round.

Hope everyone has a good day! Prayers for all that need them

good morning i will not be around to much for the next week and a half. I work 8 of the next 10 days. so i will either be at work or sleeping so not much crochet or internet time to be had :(

hope everyone is well.

Hey everybody! Great to read you all... :hug

Sending hugs and prayers out to everyone whether you need them or not! :lol

post-25611-135897759092_thumb.jpg

post-25611-1358977591_thumb.jpg

My daughter wanted an afghan made in Shocking Pink (Red Heart) and using the patterns from this blog: http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/01/calendar-ghan-cal.html Several ladies made squares and sent them to me, I made a few (maybe 2 or 3) and ended up with a nice-sized afghan for my daughter. I don't know if you can tell, but she's kind of fond of it!! :lol

Other than that, I've been plugging away at granny squares, and I think I'll be pulling out some cotton for a cotton buster tote... it seems like that granny square afghan is going to take forever and I need to see some things get finished!! :lol

Have a great day everyone!! :hug

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

DH is going to stop and get a new hard drive for my laptop today- and I'm hoping when I get home this evening after work and then hair cut that it's 'good to go'. He also ordered a new battery and that should be here Fri or Sat. Luckily, right now, he's sleeping, so I am on his laptop!

Looking for this rainy day to go by quickly, get my hair done and then settle in tonight for game 2 of the hockey playoffs- Go Devils!!!

Have a wonderful day one and all!

fingers crossed that your laptop is up and running when you get home

Good morning my fine ladies!

Melanie, hope you get your groove back today!

Hugs all around for everyone else!

Oh and I get a staycation this Thurs/Fri/Monday....boss is taking vaca days! Woot Woot Wootington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love from Mama K

thanks mama K my groove is not back yet hope it doesn't take to much time

yay! for staycations

I am still in the hospital, totally ready to go home... Maybe I will get out of here this morning. One of my doctors has already released me. Now it's just up to the rest of my team to decide they don't want to come see me anymore. :lol

Anyway, I am going through serious crochet withdrawal now so I think when I get home I am going to make something for my favorite nurse up here and bring it back to her. Any suggestions on something that will really show my appreciation without taking forever to complete?

:hug :hug :hug

hope you get to go home soon

I agree a tote would be a great idea

Enjoy your vacation!

Quick stop to let you know I have my macbook back!! New hard drive in, everything from the external hard drive in- it's as good as new!! WOOT!!!

Gotta run- but wanted to send good wishes to all

Have a great day!

Christie - yea!!!! You are home!! A SBT would be quick and I'm sure the favorite nurse would love it! Everyone I've given one to really does like them.

Sue - enjoy your time off!!

Joanne - Great that your macbook is back up and working!! Have a great day!

Mama K - enjoy your staycation!!!!

Will have the grandsons tonight, so I'll be busy getting homework done and getting them ready for bed. School for the oldest one will be out on Tuesday at noon. Can't believe it's time for school to be out for the summer!

Have a great day!!

Home at last! :)

WOOT WOOT WOOTINGTON!

thanks mama K my groove is not back yet hope it doesn't take to much time

yay! for staycations

You'll get it back, I promise! Mama says!

Quick stop to let you know I have my macbook back!! New hard drive in, everything from the external hard drive in- it's as good as new!! WOOT!!!

Have a great day!

YOU have a great day!!!

Mama K - enjoy your staycation!!!!

Will have the grandsons tonight, so I'll be busy getting homework done and getting them ready for bed. School for the oldest one will be out on Tuesday at noon. Can't believe it's time for school to be out for the summer!

Have a great day!!

Thanks! And you have fun with those wonderfuls tonite!

Big hug to everyone else, especially our Anne whom I worried about.....

Love to all!

Mama K

Christie - yea!!!! You are home!! A SBT would be quick and I'm sure the favorite nurse would love it! Everyone I've given one to really does like them.

WOOT WOOT WOOTINGTON!

So sorry you're in the hospital! Hope it's not too serious and hopefully DH will bring your crocheting soon!

Christie, I hope all goes well and you are outta there soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Good morning!

Christie- Healing prayers that they find out what is wrong and you are out of there lickety split!!

Christie and Melanie and Jana, hugs for you!

Melanie and Melani, Sherry and Christie- good thoughts coming your way too. Christie- hope they figure out what's ailing you!

Christie - hope you're doing ok and hopefully going home soon!

hope it's not too serious and your back to health soon:hug

Oh my, sure hope you get to go home today!

My suggestion: make one of Sue's stash busters! VERY quick and useful! Just saying.....some bright colors?

Hope we hear good news from you later....meaning you are home and hooking!

Mama K

Sure hope you get out today!! And why wouldn't that hubby of yours bring your crochet?? School work, yes I can understand you need to keep up with that, but you also need some relaxing time with your hook and yarn. I agree, a SBT would be a great thank you gift (and a quick project too)

I agree. Just this week I've had two people tell me how much they are enjoying their totes--one an SBT, the other a granny go round.

Hope everyone has a good day! Prayers for all that need them

YEAH!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Thanks everyone for your prayers, hugs, and well wishes! And, thank you for your suggestions. I think I will make a SBT. Hope everyone is well and having a fabulous day today! :ghug

Have a great day!

WooHoo! up and running again!:cheer:cheer:cheer

hope you have a great day too!

Have a great day!!

have fun with the GSs

now I have Alice Cooper singing in my head 'schools out for summer!":rofl:rofl:rofl

Home at last! :)

Christie glad you are home!:cheer:cheer:cheer

really trying to get my groove back but when I look at my stash none of it is saying what to turn it into...and any ideas i have i know i don't have enough or the colors I want to make it *sigh*

My head is just fogged up with all the personal things that are going on and w-either my brain is racing and I'm on an extreme emotional rollercoaster or I just shut down and feel like a zombie or a slight mix of both and then there is the pain from fibro oh and my dr thinks I have Raynaud's Disease(remember my problem with my hands) and there is no cure just when i have an attack i have to do whatever I can to get the blood flowing again.

have a great day everyone

happy stitching:crocheting

I babysat tonight so DD could go to her friend's grandma's wake. Love getting in some grandson time!!

Off till Monday!!! Took the day off tomorrow!!! Heading to Philly with middle DD to the Museum of Art to see the yarn bombing there.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2012/05/11/street-art-main-line-mom/

Melanie - hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about your hands but hopefully there are things you can do to help.

Littlest GS had a tummy ache tonight, so he went to bed early. Hope we don't have an episode during the night. He's got a lot of drainage (from all the wonderful allergies we have here), so I think that's his problem.

So glad tomorrow is Friday and I really hope it's a much better day. Today was a very long day, too much drama and calling the fire department took up a lot of my time--never found what the problem was (I think the girls just wanted to see the cute firemen :lol and get out of work for a while). But we couldn't take a chance with all the kids in the building. As I was leaving the fire department was back taking care of a teenager that had broken his ankle while skateboarding on church property. :( They've been told numerous times not to but they don't listen.

Oh well, I'm really hoping for a nice quiet day!!

Hugs to all

Good morning! It's a day off!! WOOT!!! Heading to Philadelphia Museum of Art this morning with my middle DD and looking forward to a fun, relaxing day!!!!!

Sending good thoughts to all of you!!!!

Christie, glad you're home! :cheer

Melanie, :hug

Joanne, have fun!

Sherry, here's to a better day today. :hug

Mama, HI! :hug

Got home yesterday. Had fun. Quick getaway. Back to work for both of us today. Classes start back up on Monday.

Good morning! It's a day off!! WOOT!!! Heading to Philadelphia Museum of Art this morning with my middle DD and looking forward to a fun, relaxing day!!!!!

Sending good thoughts to all of you!!!!

ooo that sounds fun, Have a great time!

I must have needed some rest as I went to nap yesterday around noon and slept til 4 this morning but i do remember waking up several time due to body pain.

well i have an appointment this morning and then just heading back home after hopefully to do some crocheting, I really want my groove back

Hope you all have a great day

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Hi All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick flyby to let you all know that I've been thinking of you! I ended up in the ER last Friday. Did I tell you that already? :think My mind is gone too! :lol The pain is letting up some, now it's just the fatigue and the migraines I need to get rid of. I'll be back soon! Miss ya! :hug

Ann- Feel better soon!!! Miss you!!!

Had an awesome day today!!! The weather was PERFECT!!!! We got to Philly, parked the car and that walked around for a bit and stopped and had lunch at a cafe. Then we went to the Museum- and it was amazing! Craft exhibition and let me tell you, some amazing things. They also had a craft lab with yarn, hooks, fabric, button maker, pompom maker, embroidery hoops, embroidery thread and canvas. It was really cool and DD and I decided to do a little crafting. I made a granny square and got to try LionBrand Cashmere yarn- so soft!! DD made us two fabric buttons and then she did a small embroidery piece freehand based off a picture she had painted. We had such a relaxing FUN day!!!!!

And now I still have 2 more days off!!! WOOT!!!

Ann - been wondering about you. Been thinking of you!

Sue - enjoy your time off. Not a better day today. Spent the entire morning trying to get the new software back up and working. Hopefully it's fixed and will work next week.

Joanne - enjoy your time off!!! Wish I could have some time off but that won't happen until after the new boss gets in and settled in.

Everyone have a great evening!! Hugs to all!

Archived