crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone's day is off to a wonderful start. I haven't been around much. Work and school have been keeping me incredibly busy, but I wanted to stop in and say hi before I get busy on school work today. I have a test to take and that is usually an all day affair. :(

On the bright side, my husband started our kitchen project yesterday. We are putting in all new cabinets, countertops, and backsplash and adding a dishwasher. :yay Right now the kitchen is completely gone. Refrigerator is in the living room and stove and sink are on the back porch. :sigh

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone's day is off to a wonderful start. I haven't been around much. Work and school have been keeping me incredibly busy, but I wanted to stop in and say hi before I get busy on school work today. I have a test to take and that is usually an all day affair. :(

On the bright side, my husband started our kitchen project yesterday. We are putting in all new cabinets, countertops, and backsplash and adding a dishwasher. :yay Right now the kitchen is completely gone. Refrigerator is in the living room and stove and sink are on the back porch. :sigh

Wow! Well good luck on your test AND that reno!

Mama K

Good morning all!

The family party was fun and I am happy to report that for the first time ever, Baby K participated in one of the games the kids did. This is huge for her!

Today is work over at the new condo, painting Baby K's room. So busy day. Luckily it is a small room and it is prepped......

I hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

so glad the family party was fun and yay for baby k participating!:cheer:cheer:cheer

oh i like painting it what color are you painting her room?

Good luck on you exam and home renos, just think how pretty new and refreshing it will be when its all done:D

Joanne so glad you are having a great time:)

I really slept in today might of had something to do with being up till 4 am :lol I blew the day away yesterday going through hundreds of patterns that I like and may do one day:lol then I started a new afghan for myself just and wouldn't you know it that is when my eyes decided its time to close up shop:lol so i went to bed.

My dd and her roommate are coming to dinner tonight so i'm going to try and whip up a lil wrist bag because i am dying to get another bag done and i need :lolone just for the days where i don't need to carry my big one around

Have a great day all

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Hey Melanie, it is a very very light purple, she chose the color!

I am tuckered out!

Mama K

Sweet purple is one of my favorite colors, usually you will only find me in black:lol but if I am wearing color its usually a shade of purple

I am tuckered out!

Mama K

I always wanted a purple bedroom, but my folks nixed it. Instead I had lots of purple accents! I still wear a lot of purple.

Good luck with your exam and the renovations!! How exciting to be getting a new kitchen!!!

Joanne so glad you are having a great time:) Thank you- I love it up here- and I love spending time with my DD. I feel very alive when I'm in the Boston area. I could definitely live here (but could never switch my allegiance from the Yankees to the Red Sox:eek

I really slept in today might of had something to do with being up till 4 am :lol I blew the day away yesterday going through hundreds of patterns that I like and may do one day:lol then I started a new afghan for myself just and wouldn't you know it that is when my eyes decided its time to close up shop:lol so i went to bed.

My dd and her roommate are coming to dinner tonight so i'm going to try and whip up a lil wrist bag because i am dying to get another bag done and i need :lolone just for the days where i don't need to carry my big one around

Have a great day all

enjoy your dinner!!!

I am tuckered out!

Mama K

:hug That's great that you let Baby K pick her color!!! Hope you get a great night's sleep tonight

I always wanted a purple bedroom, but my folks nixed it. Instead I had lots of purple accents! I still wear a lot of purple.

My mother picked the color- I wanted blue- she picked a very, very pale blue- I was thinking bright blue- but she said no. I have color in all my rooms now.:lol

Had another great day today! Getting ready to watch the Devils hockey game now!

Night all!!

Sue- thinking about you!:hug You too Ann:hug And everyone else:hug

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend!

Joanne - glad you're enjoying your time!

Mama K - sounds like you had a lot of work to do getting the room ready.

Ann - Karate is going well for GS. He really enjoys it. Will go to another lesson tomorrow night (unless he's too tired--he's had a very busy weekend). Hope you're feeling better.

I did get to finish Sue's newest tote this evening. Hopefully I can post a picture later. I plan to let my GS give it to his teacher at the end of the year. Now I can finish my shawler and start on my other project.

yesterday was really hot (in the 90's and a lot of humidity). Cold front is moving through tonight which means more severe storms, but at least the temps will be cooler this week!

Have a great evening all! Hugs to all who need them.

Sweet purple is one of my favorite colors, usually you will only find me in black:lol but if I am wearing color its usually a shade of purple

It's no surprise that you wear black (I do, too) because the name "Melanie" means clad in black! :) I didn't know if you knew that or not... :hug

Morning- Happy Monday-- and I don't mind that it's a Monday for a change!!! Heading downtown today and then out to dinner in the North End!! Going to a wonderful LYS today too.

The Devils won their game last night and if they win tomorrow night they advance in the series!!! Off to get some coffee!!! Hugs to all!

Joanne - enjoy your day! Wish I could go shopping today!

Back to the grind today. Still working on the software getting up and going. Hopefully no one "played" with the timeclock computer, last week someone had disconnected it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Hugs to all.

Hi all!

Mona, yes she got to pick out the color, she IS a princess afterall!

Joanne, have a GREAT day!

Sherry, we'll just get through our Monday, yes?

Hi Melanie! That is an interesting factoid!

Gotta start getting ready....boss is back so will be busy!

Mama K

Quiet here today!!! I had an awesome day and dinner tonight in the North End was amazing! Now getting ready to enjoy our pastries from the Italian bakery!! Tiramasu for me!!!

Will post when I get home and settled tomorrow!

It's no surprise that you wear black (I do, too) because the name "Melanie" means clad in black! :) I didn't know if you knew that or not... :hug

I love that fun fact about our name and if i remember correctly name of a greek saint who freed slaves and was a huge philanthropist

Morning- Happy Monday-- and I don't mind that it's a Monday for a change!!! Heading downtown today and then out to dinner in the North End!! Going to a wonderful LYS today too.

oh fun did you buy anything at the LYS? do tell:hook

ok so not much stitching I went on a pattern bender for 2 days saving them for my to-do list and trying to figure out which I can do with the stash I have ...is 168+ bag patterns to many?:rofl:rofl:rofl but i also found 300 other patterns too that i want to do never mind the ones I already had filed:rofl:rofl:rofl

I went to the library today(*note to self never buy coffee there again!) got a couple books tho and then came home think I decided on a bag to do the lil fat bottom wristlet was way smaller than it looked to me in the pics my cell phone won't even fit in it:rofl

Well it was to hot even for a light sweater today:cheer:cheer:cheerso the heavy sweater i had on was removed within minutes of leaving the house it wasn't even that sunny and why I chose a warmer sweater I sure hope its nice this weekend for its the annual may day parade and mothers day breakfast my dd and i go too

Hope you all had a great weekend and Monday:hook

Helloooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed you guys! Didn't do much yesterday except take a ride to Walmart with DH and bring Juno to the vet for her annual checkup and rabies vaccine. My yarn kept staring at me, but I just didn't have the energy to pick up a hook. Maybe today when I get home from my rheumy appt! :hook Take care everyone! Hugs to all that need them. :hug

Joanne, those sunglasses for your dgs sound awesome!!! So glad you had a good time in Boston! Inquiring minds what to know what you got at the LYS! :D

Mama K, glad you had a good time at your family party, and WOOT to Baby K for participating in the games!!! Oooohhh, and I love the color you’re painting her room! Purple!!! Yay! My favorite color!

Christie, WOOT for a new kitchen!!! You’ll have to show us pics when it’s done!!! Hang in there for now, it’ll be worth it!!! :hug

Melanie, what afghan pattern are you using? 168 bags patterns? Nah, that’s not too many! I’m not gonna count up how many I have!:lol

Sherry, glad gs is enjoying karate! Hope you get that Shawler done soon! I want to see a pic! :lol !!! Hope the storms aren’t too bad for you! :hug

Melani and Melanie, interesting factoids about your name!

Sue, thinking about you! :hug:hug:hug

Helloooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed you guys! Didn't do much yesterday except take a ride to Walmart with DH and bring Juno to the vet for her annual checkup and rabies vaccine. My yarn kept staring at me, but I just didn't have the energy to pick up a hook. Maybe today when I get home from my rheumy appt! :hook Take care everyone! Hugs to all that need them. :hug

Melanie, what afghan pattern are you using? 168 bags patterns? Nah, that’s not too many! I’m not gonna count up how many I have!:lol

Melani and Melanie, interesting factoids about your name!

Sue, thinking about you! :hug:hug:hug

yup my yrn stares at me too saying 'hurry up and choose a pattern! I wanna bee something':rofl:rofl:rofl

The afghan I am doing is a lionbrand homespun pattern called Domestic bliss but today i am doing this bag

I have no plans till the weekend there is a pancake breakfast & the 100th annual May Day parade on Saturday and Sunday a mother's day brunch my dd and I will be going to which my dd has been attending gosh for half her years now, she usually goes with friends but this year she kindly told me we are going :c9:dance

Happy Stitching:crocheting:hook

yup my yrn stares at me too saying 'hurry up and choose a pattern! I wanna bee something':rofl:rofl:rofl

hmmmm....my yarn does that to me as well..... I have several skens of sock yarn staring a me now, lol. And the yarn stash in the bedroom has probably given up hope that it will be anything more than the ball or skein it currently is. :devil

Yes I admit it, my name is Valerie and I am a yarn/pattern addict!

Good morning!

Since inquiring minds want to know, I bought 5 skeins of Queensland Rustic Wool DK yarn at the LYS.

Good luck at the Rheumy appt today Ann!

Cute bag, MsStitchWitch!!

Kuddles, Sue, Melani, Mona, Evelyn, and everyone- have a good Tuesday!

yup my yarn stares at me too saying 'hurry up and choose a pattern! I wanna bee something':rofl:rofl:rofl

hmmmm....my yarn does that to me as well..... I have several skens of sock yarn staring a me now, lol. And the yarn stash in the bedroom has probably given up hope that it will be anything more than the ball or skein it currently is. :devil

Yes I admit it, my name is Valerie and I am a yarn/pattern addict!

Proud yarn and pattern addict:hook:c9

Good morning!

Since inquiring minds want to know, I bought 5 skeins of Queensland Rustic Wool DK yarn at the LYS.

Sweet I love getting new yarn!

Good luck at the Rheumy appt today Ann!

yes Ann hope your Rheumy appt goes well:hug

Cute bag, MsStitchWitch!!

Thank you I will attach my finished bag below

happy Tuesday everyone!:)

got an FO to share:hook very easy and quick lil bag and I embellished it with a couple roses (I may change the placement of them tho)

I am hitting a roadblock all the cotton(except the cream) I have left is variegated and bright colors that I would use for kitchen and bath stuff and i have so many bags I want to do:( and pay day is a few weeks away and i spent my fun money on my Spring moss tote for my Birthday ...whats a girl to do i'm not in the mood to work on the blankets ...I have totes, bags and purses oh my! on the brain its a one track mind

ok so I just rambled on there hope you all have a Happy Tuesday!

post-59918-135897757727_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Sure am tired from trying to get things packed while keeping Baby K going with school work and well, life!

For those of you around when I complained.....er told you about my boss and I being moved into a trailer from our nice offices, today is the day we go see the new area. I expect my boss to put up quite a fuss. Neither of us are happy about the move but oh well. I have a job.....i have a job.....i have a job......

Ann, good luck on your appt and to everyone else, have a good day!

Mama K

Mama K - hope things go well today. We got through Monday, now on to Tuesday:) I still haven't met my new boss, talked to him a couple of times on the phone.

Melani - cute bag! I, too, have a lot of yarn that's begging to be something :lol

Joanne - glad you got some great yarn!

Ann - hope your appt goes well today and that you will be crocheting later on today.

Everyone have a great day!! Hugs to all.

Busy day yesterday, but I did get a little crocheting in. Going to the dentist, library, W-M, and grocery store today. Also need to find some pants for a reception Thurs...I hate clothes shopping.

Hope everyone has a good day! Prayers and hugs to all!

Yes Sherry, you are correct, we DID get thru Monday! Onward and upward!

Mona, you sure sound busy today! Hope the dental appt goes well! I go back this Thursday to get my new crown put in. I now have 12 'fake' teeth in my mouth! Thanks Dad!

Mama K

:hi everyone!

Just popping in to say hello and I hope everyone has a great day!

Melanie, that bag is very cute!! You know, even bright variegated cottons make cute bags... :wink

I'm off to see what kind of trouble I can stay out of today... bwahahahaha!! :rofl

:hug

:hi Hi Everyone and Good Morning!!! I see this thread has been busy this morning...

I am soooo jealous of all of you who are crocheting and showing off these cute bags. It seems I bit off more than I could chew when I decided to go back and finish this degree. All I have time for anymore is school. Oh well, I got my WWII History test completed and now I have one to take in my Sociology class this week. :sigh

My kitchen is coming along. Cabinets are all hung. Today dh is going to cut out the hole for the sink in the new countertop and attach the countertops and, hopefully, stain the cabinets this beautiful light silvery blue stain I picked out. If he gets all that done today and gets everything sealed we may get to start the backsplash tomorrow. I wish it were summer already. Then at least we would have three months off of work to finish these projects quicker!

Well, my dear sweet granddaughter just woke up and Mommy isn't home from work yet, so I guess I will go get some snuggles. Have a great day everyone!!!

Archived