crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

here is the blanket i made from the squares I won from kuddles, I cant decide if i want to do more of a border or not :think

very pretty. I love to see granny squares all put together, I just don't like being the one to put them together,lol.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here is the blanket i made from the squares I won from kuddles, I cant decide if i want to do more of a border or not :think

wow very cute!

Hi all,

I'm itching to start a bag- but must finish the one I made in wool. Need to do handles and then felt it. Maybe this weekend will be the time!

Had a rough day back to work today. Never did get caught up from being out, but had a fun time visiting my GS!! He looked so cute in his shades!

See you all in the AM!

once you you star you can't stop :rofl:rofl:rofl they are worse than potato chips

LOl, when I made these totes before, I made 7 before I allowed my other projects to take over, hehe. Not sure where it will end this time, but I know I am going to start the afghan as soon as I finish with this tote. It's a compulsion, I have no choice....must make the blanket. :devil

it's very frustrating to run out of a specific color of yarn, when you can just add something else to it. I guess you could. but I don't like doing that.

:lol:lol:lol i have done 3 totes in the last 3 days well one is missing straps as you know i ran out of yarn and still yet to go a hunting

Sbt finished! Just love how quickly they come together. This one is loops and threads impeccable black and some yarn I found on ebay. It looks like yarn bee diva sequin (istanbul colorway?) minus the sequins. the auction description said bernat mosaic.. but the fibers look different to me and I don't see this color way as an option for mosaic.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs346.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp403%2Fmva549308%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DSDC10015.jpg

love the colors of your SBT!:cheer:cheer:cheer

ok as promised in my last post here is a picture of my latest tote

post-59918-135897758164_thumb.jpg

wow very cute!

once you you star you can't stop :rofl:rofl:rofl they are worse than potato chips

:lol:lol:lol i have done 3 toes in the last 3 days well one is missing straps as you know i ran out of yarn and still yet to go a hunting

love the colors of your SBT!:cheer:cheer:cheer

ok as promised in my last post here is a picture of my latest tote

very cool...I recognize the yarn I believe I have that one in my cotton stash...may I as what is the pattern, it also looks familiar to me I am wondering if it is the same pattern....I am telling myself I will not start another bag...but it's so tempting.:devil

great job on you very cheerful bag.:clap

Wow! So wonderful to see my squares in a project! You did a GREAT job!!!!!

and good morning to all! Back to the dentist first thing to get my crown on then to work. Baby K is off from school tomorrow so yup, so am I! Gonna be 75 and sunny! We'll be going over to the new place and putting some things away.....

Have a great day all!

Mama K

HI!! :)

I'm back...sort of. Going to limit my internet time since it gets in the way of life. Need to live in the real world a little more. :lol

I'm fine. Just had to have a pity party for myself for a bit. I'm sure you all know how it goes.

:hug to all!

:turtle:vheart

I'm back...sort of. Going to limit my internet time since it gets in the way of life. Need to live in the real world a little more. :lol

I'm fine. Just had to have a pity party for myself for a bit. I'm sure you all know how it goes.

You were missed but I for one sure understand! Hopefully you regrouped and you are ready for some more fun, albeit limited!

:hug:manyheart

Mama K

So many great pictures of projects--I loved them all! Inspiring!

Jana, prayers continue for Keri.

Ann, hope you get regulated soon and are feeling better.

Sue, I sure understand about the computer time. It's so easy for me to get side tracked and be on line way too long!

Well wishes and hugs to everyone. I'm looking forward to Friday and the weekend!

Love the totes, and Tonya, the blanket is great!! Melanie, is that the hobo bag? I received a bag that looks very similar to that in a swap a few year's back, and I'm pretty sure that was the name of it... I love it in the bright colors! I'm feeling the urge to make another cotton buster! LOL My brother said he would love one... of course, I'm doing my best to stay focused on the granny square afghan I've got going - but it's difficult when I see all these other projects trying to distract me... :lol

:hug to everyone!! Have a great day! :hug

Good evening friends!

I'm so tired dealing with the impending move! Plus getting Baby K thru her last 4 weeks of school. And soon moving to a new location at work (a whole nuther building in a neighboring suburb!). Emotionally drained but by this time next month, most of it will be behind me!

I have not picked up the hook for an entire week! I'm so tired in the evening, I just sit and stare at the TV then go to bed! I must get inspired!

Who oh who of you can get Mama inspired?? Or should I just ride it out since I'm beat and pick back up again soon?

Have a good nite all!

Mama K

Sue- Good to hear from you-- and totally get the whole internet getting in the way of 'real life' thing!!!!

Kuddles- Don't stress about the lack of crocheting-you've got a ton going on between working FT, taking care of Baby K- and Moving!!!!! If you need to just veg in front of the tv so be it!!! The hooks/yarn/motivation will be there when you are done with your move!!!!

Love the tote MsStitchWitch!!!

Hope you all had a good day. Today was better at work than yesterday, and tomorrow is already Friday!

very cool...I recognize the yarn I believe I have that one in my cotton stash...may I as what is the pattern, it also looks familiar to me I am wondering if it is the same pattern....I am telling myself I will not start another bag...but it's so tempting.:devil

great job on you very cheerful bag.:clap

thank you! the yarn is Bernat Handicrafter in 'Playtime'

the pattern is lionbrands 'Golightly Tote' I added a few rows to make it deeper and next time I make this I will definitely add a few to the straps too

:hug:hug:hug We all need to take time out for ourselves.

Love the totes, and Tonya, the blanket is great!! Melanie, is that the hobo bag? I received a bag that looks very similar to that in a swap a few year's back, and I'm pretty sure that was the name of it... I love it in the bright colors! I'm feeling the urge to make another cotton buster! LOL My brother said he would love one... of course, I'm doing my best to stay focused on the granny square afghan I've got going - but it's difficult when I see all these other projects trying to distract me... :lol

:hug to everyone!! Have a great day! :hug

the pattern is the Lionbrand 'Golightly Tote' I'm new to tote making so not sure what a hobo bag is :lol

Good evening friends!

I'm so tired dealing with the impending move! Plus getting Baby K thru her last 4 weeks of school. And soon moving to a new location at work (a whole nuther building in a neighboring suburb!). Emotionally drained but by this time next month, most of it will be behind me!

I have not picked up the hook for an entire week! I'm so tired in the evening, I just sit and stare at the TV then go to bed! I must get inspired!

Who oh who of you can get Mama inspired?? Or should I just ride it out since I'm beat and pick back up again soon?

Have a good nite all!

Mama K

you have so much going on sometimes we need to just veg out and do nothing and when your body and mind is ready you will get to hooking again but for now when you visit enjoy the pics and chatter you may be inspired sooner than you think:hug:hug:hug

Love the tote MsStitchWitch!!!

Hope you all had a good day. Today was better at work than yesterday, and tomorrow is already Friday!

Thank you:D

Well my sleeping or lack there of is back to its normal insanity 4hrs a night or rather day is a good night. Fortunately off to the Dr tomorrow to get test results and maybe a change in med dose as for the first 2 weeks on it I slept like a normal person and then well back to insanity I started another bag after I posted pics of my last one this morning its just a small one again should have it finished later but i been hookin so much I feel it in my forearm muscles:lol:lol:lol I think I am afraid if I don't keep trying I will lose it all together with having Fibromyalgia and whatever its called going on in my hands, at times just to keep hooking I have to hold hook, working yarn and piece very oddly.

Hope you all had a good day and are well :hug:hug:hug for those who want or need them

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Mama K - just make sure you know where you pack your hooks/yarns/patterns!! I understand moving and being tired.

Sue - good to see you back.

Ann - glad to see you as well.

The totes and blanket are great! I need to get a picture of my latest tote before it goes to GS teacher.

Joanne - Yep, tomorrow is Friday!!! Glad it will be Friday--been a long week for me.

Stopped tonight and got teacher appreciation presents for the boys' day care teachers, didn't have time to crochet anything for them, so they get a store bought present. Have got to crochet some the last two nights--working on my jacket and hopefully it won't be too heavy to wear at church or in the office when the a/c is on.

Everyone have a great evening and a great Friday!!!

Ok just finish this one and thought I would quickly come post a pic then i have to pack for my mother's day weekend with dd and make myself go to bed

This one is Dot's Little Ditty Bag

Much thanks to Dot Matthew's for this awesome lil bag!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Happy Stitching:crocheting

good night all

post-59918-1358977583_thumb.jpg

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Kuddles- Enjoy your day off! Good luck with moving some things and enjoy the sunny weather!!

MsStitchWitch- Have a great weekend. Love the bags that you've been making!

Ann- Thinking about you! Anything on your hooks? I've gone back to the ripple that I was originally making for my DD's friends baby shower which I decided was going to be too big. I did a few rows before the rhythm of the ripple was putting me to sleep!

Sherry-I'm looking forward to seeing your finished jacket!! Enjoy your weekend!

Jana- Thinking of you and Keri!

Sue- Hugs to you- love all the totes you recently sewed and your Mama is going to love the one you made for her!

Time to get a move on---TGIF!!!

Good morning! Slowly waking up....Baby K is watching her cartoons while I down a pot of coffee! Then we take some boxes over to the condo and put some stuff away.

Hi Sherry! Yup, the yarn/hooks are THE most precious boxes I will be taking!

Ann, thinking of you honey! Hope you feel better!

Jana, hugs to you!

Joanne, happy friday to you!

Melanie, have fun!

Hugs to all!

Mama K

Hello! Welcome to Friday! ;) Last night was the Spring Spectacular band concert - and it was amazing! Over two hours long... anyway, to make a long story short, my son Michael was chosen for Drum Major for this fall's football season!! Woot! :cheer

MamaK - my only suggestion is to take it as it comes - there really isn't anything else you can do. :wink Make sure you do what you can to get the rest your body and mind needs, do what you have to do as far as taking care of all of your responsibilities, and when the time allows you're crochet/sewing mojo will be there!! :hug

Sue, Joanne, Ann, Melanie, Jana, Sherry, ImmaFreak, and everyone else... :hug

Thanks for the tote pattern Kuddles! Hope today went well and that you didn't overdue!!!

Hi Lacey!! How's things with you?

Melani- That's awesome about your son!!! Congrats!!! You must be so proud of him! what a great mother's day present!!!!

It's the weekend!!! Going to see my GS both tomorrow and Sunday! WOOT!!!!

Just posted my updated felted drawstring bag with handles for FREE in my ravelry store:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felted-drawstring-bag-with-handles

Enjoy!

Mama K

great Tote thank you for sharing it. I still have to venture into felting

Hello! Welcome to Friday! ;) Last night was the Spring Spectacular band concert - and it was amazing! Over two hours long... anyway, to make a long story short, my son Michael was chosen for Drum Major for this fall's football season!! Woot! :cheer

:hug

Sue, Joanne, Ann, Melanie, Jana, Sherry, ImmaFreak, and everyone else... :hug

that is great about your son, Congrats to him!

so at me dd's going through the yarn I have here so I can hook while here:hook tomorrow is an early day for the parade but we are stopping for breaky and starbuck's:D first.

I'm not sure what I'll be stitching here but will post pics of the FO

have a great weekend everyone and Happy Mother's day(Sunday)

happy stitching:crocheting

Good morning ladies! How's everyone doing? I know it's the beginning of the weekend for the rest of you, but I'm off to work in a few.

Great bag Mama!

Joanne, enjoy your time with dd!

Ann, how are you feeling?

Good morning!

Hope you have a GOOD day at work Sue!!!!

The sun is shining, but it's still a bit on the 'nippy' side out there now. Supposed to warm up though! It's a beautiful day to go to Rutgers Gardens!!!

Have a great Saturday!

Archived