crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning all! The skies are rumbling and there is some light rain. It is actually soothing! Supposed to be done in a few hours.

Today we are very busy, packing, pitching, etc. But at least we are getting there!

Have a great day everyone!

Mama K

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!

Woke up early thanks to the squirrel that has decided to move into the attic :( He/She decided to eat a hole in the eave and make our attic his/her own special nut storage facility. Called the landlord and he didn't do anything. Everything we've done, the squirrel has undone.

crabbyrat- congrats on your son!! What an honor!

Mama K - don't work too hard today! Beautiful tote!! Too bad I can't do a felted bag, they are so pretty.

Sue - have a good day at work!

Joanne enjoy your time with your family!

Ann - hope you're feeling better.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

OOOO I see a felted tote in my future! I can just feel it! Mama K it is wonderful!

I'm actually working on a SBT. Haven't made on in awhile..found some yarn I thought would look good. Actually i can't find the afghan I was working on so started the tote last night. I went looking for more yarn and think I may have packed off with it... hope it's not hiding in my stash..I'll never find it then!

Sherry, actually you can make one without felting! Just use a smaller hook and you are good!

Mary, yes do one soon! Felting is so addicting! When I move into the condo next month, I can't felt any longer. Going to have to sell my tub of wool yarn. sniff sniff

Off I go! More work to do!

Love from Mama K

Had a wonderful time at Rutgers Gardens and then had lunch with DD and SIL, his bro, dad and mom. Actually his mom came with DD and I to Rutgers Gardens and DD surprised us both by buying the plants we had picked out for ourselves. It was our Mother's Day treat!! I got a few perennials to fill in the area where I had a big bush removed and a few geraniums to put in a big planter I have and some basil to go in another planter.

The weather today is outstanding!!! Couldn't have picked a better, nicer weather day if I tried....so on that note- I'm going outside with a cup of coffee and going to read for a bit sitting on the deck!!!!

Don't work too hard, Mama!!

Sherry- Ooh, I wouldn't want to have a squirrel in my attic!!! Can you call animal control in your town--tell them you reported to the landlord and he didn't do anything! Maybe they can help. Just a thought!

Joanne, what a fun day you had! Woot!

I agree, animal control! Good thinking Joanne!

Worked too hard today but then got silly with Baby K. We played doggie, were super silly, we loved it!

Have a great nite all!

Mama K

Hi Everyone! Just a quick update to say hi! I haven't had a chance to read all the posts. I'll try to catch up tomorrow/Monday. I spent about 10 hrs yesterday in the ER. Long story/short-I'm dehydrated AGAIN, plus I went for my annual GYN exam Thur which was unremarkable, but VERY PAINFUL! Well, as the day wore on I could barely walk/move. They can't explain the pain except that I have a UTI! Take care everyone and to all those of you that are mom's - Happy Mother's Day! :hug

Thanks everyone for the congrats for my son! Yes, I am pretty proud of him :U

Sherry, if there is any way to trap the squirrel, I'd move it to your landlord's attic... :devil:hug

Joanne - sounds like an awesome day!! :hug

MamaK - Whew! :hug

Ann - I sure hope you get to feeling better soon, sweetie! :hug

Sue, don't worry, you'll be back to your weekend just as everyone else is starting their work-week! :lol:hug

Melanie, sounds like an awesome weekend! Enjoy... :hug

I assembled my daughter's shocking pink afghan today, and started on the border... not much else going on here! :lol

I want to wish all of you a very Happy Mother's Day! :hug

Hi everyone! Work yesterday was well, fun. It's only me and Jackie on Sat. with a volunteer or 2. We're slow now so we have time to play. :lol

Sherry, from everything you've told me about the landlord...sounds like a winner. :(

Mama, have fun packing! :lol

Joanne, sounds like a wonderful day!

Ann, IDK what else to say but :hug

Hi Melani, Melanie, Tonya, Evelyn and everyone else!

Off to work in a few. I took care of 3 wee little baby birds last night. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/northern_parula/lifehistory

:turtle:vheart

Good morning and happy mama's day and grandma's day to all!

Sending out a big hug to each and every one of you today! Here's hoping those that feel ill, feel better, those with a cloud hanging over their heads, sees it lift and those that are joyous, feel even more joyous!

Love from Mama K

Good morning and happy mama's day and grandma's day to all!

Sending out a big hug to each and every one of you today! Here's hoping those that feel ill, feel better, those with a cloud hanging over their heads, sees it lift and those that are joyous, feel even more joyous!

Love from Mama K

Couldn't have said it better!!! :hug:hug:hug

Got a wonderful surprise last night! DS called and said he tried to get here for the birthday dinner for DD but wasn't able to due to problems with his motorcycle. Then he asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast! So not sure when he got here (he lives in Texas) but I will have all 3 of my children with me today!! Best present of all is to have them here!

And I agree with Mama K - "Good morning and happy mama's day and grandma's day to all!

Sending out a big hug to each and every one of you today! Here's hoping those that feel ill, feel better, those with a cloud hanging over their heads, sees it lift and those that are joyous, feel even more joyous!"

Hugs!

Happy Mother's Day ladies (and that includes all the fur-baby mommies out there)!

I haven't had much time to crochet lately with my course load, but I whipped this up this morning to serve as gift wrap for the gift card my ds and dil got my mom for Mother's Day. It's not much, but it sure felt good to crochet something. Maybe now I won't feel so deprived... :lol

post-22056-135897758772_thumb.jpg Side 1

post-22056-135897758778_thumb.jpg Side 2

post-22056-135897758772_thumb.jpg

post-22056-135897758789_thumb.jpg

Hope you all had as good a day as I did! It was so nice to spend time with my middle and youngest daughters, middle's BF and my GS. This is what life is about- not silly paradise and all that stress!!!

Hugs to you ALL!!!!!

Good morning!

Wishing you all a good day!

Sue- Enjoy your "Saturday"!

Christie- Forgot to comment yesterday and the cute little gift card purse! Very resourceful!!!

Christie - cute gift card bag!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I know I did.

Have busy week this week, karate tonight and then meetings after work two nights but hopefully they will be quick meetings.

Hugs to all!

Good morning!

I've been babysitting these 3 northern parula babies. So tiny and cute! :)

[ATTACH]55406[/ATTACH][ATTACH]55407[/ATTACH]

I want one. maybe the cuteness will bring this funk out of me :P

ps bag is awesome

Good afternoon everyone!

Mothers Day didn't go quite as planned. Started having chest pain last night and now I am in the hospital until who knows when. Asked my dh to bring me something to crochet and he looked at me like I had grown another head... :lol

I want one. maybe the cuteness will bring this funk out of me :P

ps bag is awesome

They're cute up until the point of chirping to be fed ever 15 minutes. :lol

Thanks! :)

Good afternoon everyone!

Mothers Day didn't go quite as planned. Started having chest pain last night and now I am in the hospital until who knows when. Asked my dh to bring me something to crochet and he looked at me like I had grown another head... :lol

I hope it's nothing serious and you're home soon! :hug

Archived