crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Yea!! It's finally Friday!!

Mama K - looking foward to seeing the Nook cover.

Sue - here's some more :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Hope today is better.

Will have the grandsons tonight, so we'll have some fun. Karate tomorrow morning and I really have to go grocery shopping sometime (not my favorite thing to do).

Have a great Friday all!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Thanks Sherry.....ended up with storms starting around 9 pm so Baby K woke up and I ended up on the couch with her so no sleep for me! Ah motherhood!

I have 4 people testing my super easy nook cover so soon you will see it! I have another more complex one that I am writing up plus a purse pattern in my head and a baby dress I designed...so I'll be asking for more testers soon. With moving (personal) and the one at work soon, too busy to get it all done! Come July, I'm hoping to be settled and smooth sailing!

Sue honey! Here's to a better day! I sure understand getting in a mood when you have a bad day! Smooch!

Joanne, congrats on the Devils winning! Woot! And that your mini vaca is almost upon you! Wootie Woot Wootington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mona, not so hot today......only up to the 60s but threats of more storms. Crazy weather!

Melanie, I've been wanting to get some garage sale t shirts and make some plarn and make a tote.....was it hard? Did you use a tutorial to help you? Inquiring minds......

Well, need to get ready. I took a quarter day this morning to go to the new place so the guy can come steam clean the one carpet in my new place, the master bedroom. Gross! But getting almost done......a bit more cleaning and painting Baby K's room (it's chocolate brown, not good for a little Princess!) so things are definitely moving along!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Mama K

Thanks Sherry, Joanne and Mama. :hug

I just hate when a volunteer was trained by someone else and then when they give them to me I have to retrain them because they weren't doing things right and some how that makes me the "you know what". She went to my boss and said I was being knit picky over a QUARANTINED tank. I HAVE TO BE!! It's a highly contagious virus to other turtles. Just makes me so mad how I'm always made out to be the bad guy when I do things the way they are suppose to be done. Thankfully my boss defended me.

:turtle:vheart

good bosses are hard to come by Sue..glad you had one that would stick his/her neck out for you... oh that was a bad one wasn't it?

Well you all will never guess where I'm heading today.... yup another rabbit show.

I just got the pictures from last weekend's show from a friend with a "real" camera :lol

post-35596-135897757084_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897757088_thumb.jpg

post-35596-13589775709_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Thanks Sherry.....ended up with storms starting around 9 pm so Baby K woke up and I ended up on the couch with her so no sleep for me! Ah motherhood!

awe rotten luck with the storms. how old is baby k?

I have 4 people testing my super easy nook cover so soon you will see it! I have another more complex one that I am writing up plus a purse pattern in my head and a baby dress I designed...so I'll be asking for more testers soon. With moving (personal) and the one at work soon, too busy to get it all done! Come July, I'm hoping to be settled and smooth sailing!

ooo I raise my hand waving excitedly to be picked to test your purse pattern :cheer:cheer

Mona, not so hot today......only up to the 60s but threats of more storms. Crazy weather!

oh yuck I'm gathering it's storm season not spring over there

Melanie, I've been wanting to get some garage sale t shirts and make some plarn and make a tote.....was it hard? Did you use a tutorial to help you? Inquiring minds......

oh it was so so easy! I used the following link that was shared on another thread(that i can't seem to find now:think) for a plarn Laundry bag

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

Well, need to get ready. I took a quarter day this morning to go to the new place so the guy can come steam clean the one carpet in my new place, the master bedroom. Gross! But getting almost done......a bit more cleaning and painting Baby K's room (it's chocolate brown, not good for a little Princess!) so things are definitely moving along!

Wow so much work for the new place that was supposed to be already cleaned

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Mama K

Thanks Sherry, Joanne and Mama. :hug

I just hate when a volunteer was trained by someone else and then when they give them to me I have to retrain them because they weren't doing things right and some how that makes me the "you know what". She went to my boss and said I was being knit picky over a QUARANTINED tank. I HAVE TO BE!! It's a highly contagious virus to other turtles. Just makes me so mad how I'm always made out to be the bad guy when I do things the way they are suppose to be done. Thankfully my boss defended me.

:turtle:vheart

Sorry you had a bad day:hug:hug:hugit must have felt good when your boss defended you

good bosses are hard to come by Sue..glad you had one that would stick his/her neck out for you... oh that was a bad one wasn't it?

That was bad :lolmade me giggle tho

Well you all will never guess where I'm heading today.... yup another rabbit show.

I just got the pictures from last weekend's show from a friend with a "real" camera :lol

Good luck at the show!

well I haven't bothered to look outside yet since I can hear that its another day of liquid sunshine ugh enough already the landscapes and gardens are well fed.

Well i knew this sleeping like normal people thing was to good to last...lasted 2 weeks but now last 2 nights I stayed up longer and this morning i slept in later and i still feel tired need more sleep as I can barely keep my eyes open

Have a good day everyone

Okay I'm a dork.....plarn = plastic bags. I want to do the yarn you make from tee shirts. DOH!

Thanks anyway!

Baby K is 7.

Mama K

Mama K the same technique is used for t-shirts too on this other link I found t-shirts is tagged

http://plastiqrecreation.blogspot.ca/search/label/t-shirt

awe I remember when my two were 7 and then one day I woke up and they are 20 and 18 :think it happens so fast

Happy stitching:crocheting

Hi Everyone! I did a LOT of Wednesday and yesterday when I got back from the eye dr. Still feeling tired, can you believe it! Must be all those nights that I was up all night catching up with me, lol! Anyway, nothing new crocheted since I've been sleeping, and I've given up waiting for the sun to shine, so I took a pic under my OTT light. DH loves the afghan, so I'm happy! :) Stay well everyone! :hug

Sue, love the new bag you made for your teacher! And Kermit is a cutie!!!

Melanie, your soap saver is very pretty! I hope your hands are feeling better!

Sherry, glad you’ve had some storm free nights and were able to catch up on your sleep!

Mama K, 90 degrees yesterday? Are you serious? Wow, we were still freezing! Today was warm, but were going back down into the 50’s tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your Nook cover pattern. I’d offer to test for you, but I don’t own a Nook or any type of e-reader, lol!

Sue, hope today was a better day! :hug:hug:hug

Joanne, hope you have a safe ride to Beantown!

Mary, love the pics!!! Good luck at the show!

Here's the blanket!

post-16860-135897757115_thumb.jpg

Ann- I LOVE that afghan- granny ripple, right? Beautiful!!! So it's going to be 50 tomorrow? I better go pack a heavier sweater!! LOL

Mostly packed and just bringing cotton yarn with me- will do small projects while I'm away- I need some new dishcloths and will probably make a few for DD. Just have to pack a few more items! I didn't get home till 7 tonight- so I'm more than ready for a few days of R&R with my oldest!!

Looks like it's going to storm here this evening- and I hope it's clear at the crack of dawn- well at least not pouring rain!

Congrats Mary- love the pics!!!

Just checked the weather forecast in DD's home town- 60's sunny Sunday and Monday- tomorrow 60 mostly cloudy! I'll take it!!!! It's not rain!!!! WOOT!!!!

Ann ~ the Afghan look great! I have wanted to make one for the longest time but like many other patterns it is still on my to-do list:lol so many patterns so little time:lol:lol:lol

I did a whole lot of nothing much but watched a couple movies. My hands are not too bad today and even tho I have been taking it easy I feel exhausted, just another symptom of fibromyalgia.

hope everyone is doing well

Happy Stitching:crocheting

I guess it's my turn for storms eeek I hate the sound of thunder it's so close at first i thought it was the people upstairs dragging furnature or something or a plane flying low NOT it's definitely thunder sure hope power does not go out

Good morning all! Family party today so won't be around much....just wanted to check in with my gang before I start my day!

Have a good one! Continued hugs to all that need them.

Mama K

Ann - beautiful afghan! Hope you get some crocheting done this weekend.

Mama K - have fun at the family party today.

Joanne - hope you're having a good time!

Melanie - hope your hands are better today. Hope the storms weren't too bad.

Will be busy this morning, at least littlest GS let me sleep until almost 7! Hope to crochet some this weekend.

Hugs to all who need them. Have a great weekend!

Morning all! It's another dreary, grey day around here. Chilly too! I'm ready for some of that warm weather we had a month or so ago, lol! Hubby is in a really grumpy mood today, not sure why, but I'm steering clear of him! Men, ya just never know what will set them off! I think it's a combination of the weather and my health, but who knows for sure.

I'm not sure what's next up for my hooks. Too many projects are calling out to me so I just might make something small like squares until I settle on one project. Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!!! :hug

Ann- I LOVE that afghan- granny ripple, right? Beautiful!!! So it's going to be 50 tomorrow? I better go pack a heavier sweater!! LOL

Mostly packed and just bringing cotton yarn with me- will do small projects while I'm away- I need some new dishcloths and will probably make a few for DD. Just have to pack a few more items! I didn't get home till 7 tonight- so I'm more than ready for a few days of R&R with my oldest!!

Looks like it's going to storm here this evening- and I hope it's clear at the crack of dawn- well at least not pouring rain!

Yes, it's the granny ripple. I followed Elizabeth Ham's pattern. Good idea to bring warmer cloths with you, I'm freezing today! Enjoy your trip!

Congrats Mary- love the pics!!!

Just checked the weather forecast in DD's home town- 60's sunny Sunday and Monday- tomorrow 60 mostly cloudy! I'll take it!!!! It's not rain!!!! WOOT!!!!

I sure do hope that sunshine shows up! :lol

Ann ~ the Afghan look great! I have wanted to make one for the longest time but like many other patterns it is still on my to-do list:lol so many patterns so little time:lol:lol:lol

I did a whole lot of nothing much but watched a couple movies. My hands are not too bad today and even tho I have been taking it easy I feel exhausted, just another symptom of fibromyalgia.

hope everyone is doing well

I guess it's my turn for storms eeek I hate the sound of thunder it's so close at first i thought it was the people upstairs dragging furnature or something or a plane flying low NOT it's definitely thunder sure hope power does not go out

I'd been wanting to make this ghan for a while too! I usually make RR's, but hubby doesn't like them and it was for him, so....:lol

Oooohhh, I don't like t-storms! DH said he heard some last night, but thankfully I slept thru it.

Good morning all! Family party today so won't be around much....just wanted to check in with my gang before I start my day!

Mama K

Have fun at your party!!!

Ann - beautiful afghan! Hope you get some crocheting done this weekend.

Will be busy this morning, at least littlest GS let me sleep until almost 7! Hope to crochet some this weekend.

How nice that you got to sleep in til 7! I hope you get some crochet time in this weekend too! How's the karate going?

FYI Just posted my free eReader pattern over in the free pattern section. Thanks to tiffany93 for allowing me to use her picture for the pattern!

Mama K

Love it! Now I just need to get an eReader! :lol Of course I could make some presents!

Hi all,

Greetings from Boston!!!! DD and I are ready to head out for a day of checking out art at "open studios"

Have a great day everyone!

Woot! Have a great day!

Mama K

Have a great time with your family!:hook

Melanie - hope your hands are better today. Hope the storms weren't too bad.

thank you the storm was a short one thank goodness and power stayed on:clap I woke up a few times last night due to the pain in my hands and all i did was roll over or readjust my pillow :(

Its a overcast day looks like more rain. I don't have much planned for today.

Joanne and Mama K ~have a great time with your family

Hope you all are well:hug:hug:hug

We had a wonderful day yesterday going to the "Open Studios" I bought a few things for DD and myself! Also found a pair of really neat sunglasses for my GS at one of my favorite places- Cambridge Naturals- everything is natural, organic, etc. They have a band that wraps around the back of the head to keep them on. Very cool. DD had mentioned she wanted to get him a pair of 'shades'!

Hope you all have a good day!

Good morning all!

Joanne, so glad to hear you had such a good time! It's so nice to recharge!

The family party was fun and I am happy to report that for the first time ever, Baby K participated in one of the games the kids did. This is huge for her!

Today is work over at the new condo, painting Baby K's room. So busy day. Luckily it is a small room and it is prepped......

I hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

Archived