crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning!

Hope you all have a good day. It's in the 30's here now! What???? It's almost May!!!! Going to be in the 50's for the high. Crazy!

Wow that is crazy weather for May

I'm heading to a tunisian crochet class this morning and then babysitting later.

Sweet! have fun at your class

Best get another cup of coffee and get my Sat morning cleaning started before heading out for some fun!

Yes coffee mmm lol

Guess what? I'm going to a rabbit show :rofl At least this one is local..well kinda. 2.5 hours away

A rabbit show? What do they do at a rabbit show?

Good morning!

This morning, Baby K and I will be over cleaning the new place (even though she cleaned, you always want to clean again, right?). Can't start moving in stuff till starting May 1 but can get it ready now.

i agree with the cleaning you always want to do it again

Joanne, the temps here today will only reach in the low 40s and rain! What the what?? Where did spring go???

Sue, don't work too hard today! yes Sue don't work too hard

Ann, hope you will feel better today! hope you feel better Ann:hug

Mary, have fun!

Everyone else, have a great day!

Mama K

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm not doing too much today I over did it shopping on Wednesday and I am still paying for it. i do it all the time to myself trying to limit how many trips out to get everything i need which is when I miss having a car most.

have a great day everyone

Happy Stitching:crocheting

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

So sorry to hear about Ducky. She'll be in my prayers.

Well, Summer is here in Oklahoma--it was in the 100's a couple of days ago. Will be in the 80's today. Not much spring here.

Joanne - enjoy your class and more importantly your babysitting!!

Sue - hope things are going well for you.

Ann - get to feeling better.

Mama K - I also clean again when I move in a place. Just want to make sure it's all clean!!

Mary - good luck at your show.

MsStitchWitch - hope you're feeling better soon.

I'll be taking GS to karate this morning. Little one wants to stay with DH and help him (DH won't get a lot done if he stays with him but GS LOVES to help PaPa). Will be celebrating my oldest DD bday this weekend (tomorrow) by cooking her favorite meal.

Have had lots of fun trying to learn the new phone and nook color. Sent a multiple message to my kids, got a reply from DS that said, Iphone messages 101. LOL (It sent it to all of them and they could see all the replies).

Have a great day!! Hugs

Sherry "krafty19"

MsStitchWitch - hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you Sherry

I'll be taking GS to karate this morning. Little one wants to stay with DH and help him (DH won't get a lot done if he stays with him but GS LOVES to help PaPa). Will be celebrating my oldest DD bday this weekend (tomorrow) by cooking her favorite meal.

so sweet when the lil ones want to 'help' :lol

have a great day celebrating your DD's Birthday

Have had lots of fun trying to learn the new phone and nook color. Sent a multiple message to my kids, got a reply from DS that said, Iphone messages 101. LOL (It sent it to all of them and they could see all the replies).

oh I so love learning and playing with new toys :D I am craving a new toy but haven't found anything that does more than my cell phone or laptop :(

Have a great day!! Hugs

Sherry "krafty19"

well now that i have been up a couple hours, done the coffee breakfast thing I'm feeling a bit better still sore but its tolerable I may just see what my DD is up to and maybe go for a visit.

Have a great day!

Sbt finished! But, I may have caused myself a problem.........I am already planning the next one, its been a little while since I made one and I forgot just how addictive they can be. I think I will try to do at least 3 rounds on the rr before starting the

next one.

Hello all! The cleaning went well and it amazes me what people think is clean! The whole place will need to be cleaned! Oh well, at least I got the keys early and have time!

Bought Baby K a new set of mattresses. Little Princess!

Valerie, yes those are way too addicting! I've steered clear for a bit, but who knows ...... the 'sickness' could begin again!

Hope everyone is staying warm/cool/wet/dry .... whatever they are hoping for today!

Mama K

Happy Saturday! My daughter and son were each invited to sleep-overs this evening, and I have plans with friends, so that worked out well! :yay

I did finally get my photos off my camera, but still need to edit them so they're small enough to post here before I can upload them... :lol

Been spending the day getting kids ready for their plans and making some vegetable stock and prepping some chick peas so I can try my hand at making hummus... wish me luck!! Off to get some more things done before I take off for the evening...

:hug for everyone!! :ghug

sorry to hear about Ducky - :(

Enjoy your weekend everyone!! (You, too, Sue, when it gets here in a couple days!)

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the understanding and concern everyone. It sure is nice to know that I have friends that care. :hug The old tummy is really messed up again today. I wasn't able to take in hardly any of my formula last night. I'm trying to get in some water today. I don't want to end up at the ER for dehydration. :( With a little luck this will only last a few more days, then I will be able to start taking in more formula and my weight will stop going back down. DH always stresses out when I start losing weight again. It's not like I don't have lbs to spare, but when we can't control it, he gets nervous.

On a crocheting note....I am almost finished my afghan! I just have to do the edging, then it will be done! :cheer Then I really need to concentrate on getting those knitted dishcloths done for my friend AND I want to make a tote/bag! :D Hugs to all! :hug

Ann- Yup!! I'll be in MA a week from tomorrow!!! Very excited to be visiting my oldest DD!!! She wants to take me out to dinner for an early Mother's Day present- so we'll probably go to the North End in Boston- (great old Italian section with scrumptious food and of course pastries). How far is Barre from Somerville?

I believe Barre is about an hour and a half (65 miles +/-) from Somerville. We need to find a good half way point and meet up one of these times! I'll have to talk to DH. He knows the towns much better than I do since he's done more travelling for work.

Good morning!

Hope you all have a good day. It's in the 30's here now! What???? It's almost May!!!! Going to be in the 50's for the high. Crazy!

I'm heading to a tunisian crochet class this morning and then babysitting later.

Best get another cup of coffee and get my Sat morning cleaning started before heading out for some fun!

Yup, 50's here too! Crazy! Going down into the 20's tonight! :eek

Happy Saturday Joanne! :)

And everyone else! :hug

Ann, how are you feeling? :(

Mama, :manyheart Enjoy your weekend!

:turtle:vheart

Hi ya Sue! See above for how I'm feeling, lol! Thanks for asking :hug. Hope you're having a good day! I was thinking of you this morning. I was watching science shows on tv, lol! No turtles, but they had stingrays from the Caymen Islands and monk seals in Hawaii. So beautiful! They are endangered (the seals).

Guess what? I'm going to a rabbit show :rofl At least this one is local..well kinda. 2.5 hours away

Good luck at the show!!!!!!!

Good morning!

This morning, Baby K and I will be over cleaning the new place (even though she cleaned, you always want to clean again, right?). Can't start moving in stuff till starting May 1 but can get it ready now.

Everyone else, have a great day!

Mama K

It's great that you can start cleaning already! yeah, I always like to clean again when I move into a place. You just never know! May 1 is Tues!!!! :cheer

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm not doing too much today I over did it shopping on Wednesday and I am still paying for it. i do it all the time to myself trying to limit how many trips out to get everything i need which is when I miss having a car most.

have a great day everyone

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Hi All,

Well, Summer is here in Oklahoma--it was in the 100's a couple of days ago. Will be in the 80's today. Not much spring here.

Have a great day!! Hugs

Sherry "krafty19"

Wow, already in the 100's!!!!! :hug It's sweet that you're little one wanted to stay with his PaPa! Those are times to cherish. Happy BD to your DD also! Oh, and good luck to you learning your new phone! :lol I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time!

well now that i have been up a couple hours, done the coffee breakfast thing I'm feeling a bit better still sore but its tolerable I may just see what my DD is up to and maybe go for a visit.

Have a great day!

Glad you're feeling some better! A visit with your DD may be just what you need!

Sbt finished! But, I may have caused myself a problem.........I am already planning the next one, its been a little while since I made one and I forgot just how addictive they can be. I think I will try to do at least 3 rounds on the rr before starting the

next one.

They are addicting! :devil

Hello all! The cleaning went well and it amazes me what people think is clean! The whole place will need to be cleaned! Oh well, at least I got the keys early and have time!

Bought Baby K a new set of mattresses. Little Princess!

Valerie, yes those are way too addicting! I've steered clear for a bit, but who knows ...... the 'sickness' could begin again!

Hope everyone is staying warm/cool/wet/dry .... whatever they are hoping for today!

Mama K

Ugh, sorry the place needs that much cleaning. Baby K must be pretty happy getting a new mattress set! Is she all packed and ready to move? :)

Happy Saturday! My daughter and son were each invited to sleep-overs this evening, and I have plans with friends, so that worked out well! :yay

I did finally get my photos off my camera, but still need to edit them so they're small enough to post here before I can upload them... :lol

Been spending the day getting kids ready for their plans and making some vegetable stock and prepping some chick peas so I can try my hand at making hummus... wish me luck!! Off to get some more things done before I take off for the evening...

:hug for everyone!! :ghug

sorry to hear about Ducky - :(

Enjoy your weekend everyone!! (You, too, Sue, when it gets here in a couple days!)

Sounds like you're going to have a nice quiet weekend (eventualy, lol) Good luck with the hummus! I've never made made any, but sure used to love eating it! :lol Is it hard to make? DH would love some.

Had a fun time at the class and Mary Beth Temple is a great teacher and has a great sense of humor and is lots of fun!

Doing laundry and then will be heading over to babysit!

Woot for a fun class!

Sorry to hear about Ducky :hug

Hello to everyone!

It was pretty cool here too Up to 70 now.

Have a great Day!

Hi Evelyn!

Hi Ann, hope you get to feeling better soon!

Nope Baby K isn't packed yet, in fact my craft room is the only thing somewhat packed! We have a full month cross over so don't have to get it all done in one day!

Have a good nite all!

Mama K

got some pics of the sbt as well as some dishcloths I have been working on. The maroon/white/and orange dishcloth is the one I finished yesterday..the others have been stitched within the last week. Like you Ann, I have been know to make a dishcloth or two just so I will have a finished project.:D But I also often take along cotton yarn and circular needles (or a crochet hook, depending on which pattern I feel like stithcing) for anytime I am waiting (in the car traveling, dr.s office, etc).

The sbt is stitched with a K hook and 1 skien of loops and threads impeccable colorway is luxury. The second yarn is copley legend sport 2 full (1.75 ounce) and one partial. Don't know the shade, it's just a number, some old yarn I found in a flea market I think. The colors are a bit off. The purple is a bit darker than it appears. Okay enough rambling on to the pics.:D

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/HPIM1171.jpg[/img]"]HPIM1171.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]"]Untitled-1.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/HPIM1156.jpg[/img]"]HPIM1156.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/HPIM1157.jpg[/img]"]HPIM1157.jpg

Hi Ann, hope you get to feeling better soon!

Nope Baby K isn't packed yet, in fact my craft room is the only thing somewhat packed! We have a full month cross over so don't have to get it all done in one day!

Have a good nite all!

Mama K

Thanks Mama. I'm trying to feel better, just not working out too well! :lol One of these days! :xfin It's fantastic that you've got the whole month to move into your new place! Will make it a lot less stressful!

got some pics of the sbt as well as some dishcloths I have been working on. The maroon/white/and orange dishcloth is the one I finished yesterday..the others have been stitched within the last week. Like you Ann, I have been know to make a dishcloth or two just so I will have a finished project.:D But I also often take along cotton yarn and circular needles (or a crochet hook, depending on which pattern I feel like stithcing) for anytime I am waiting (in the car traveling, dr.s office, etc).

The sbt is stitched with a K hook and 1 skien of loops and threads impeccable colorway is luxury. The second yarn is copley legend sport 2 full (1.75 ounce) and one partial. Don't know the shade, it's just a number, some old yarn I found in a flea market I think. The colors are a bit off. The purple is a bit darker than it appears. Okay enough rambling on to the pics.:D

[/url]HPIM1171.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

HPIM1156.jpg

HPIM1157.jpg

Love the SBT and the dishcloths are great! :clap

Good morning!

Great dishcloths and SBT, Evelyn!!!!

Ann- Sorry to hear your tummy is not cooperating!:hug Hope it starts to improve (without having to take a trek to the ER:hug)

Kuddles- That is great that you have a month to move in!! What's on the agenda for today?

Sue- Happy Bird day- may it 'fly' by;)

I had a wonderful time with my GS:manyheart and when he went to bed for the night, I finished the RR for my DD's friend! Woot!!! The colors are not typical "baby" colors, but the baby boy's room is going to be monkeys and green and beige so I used some Michael's Loops N'Threads Impeccable I had in stash.

post-27163-135897756269_thumb.jpg

Good morning all!

Val, you've been busy! Woot!

Ann, I'll keep good thoughts that today is a good day!

Joanne, hi! Today we will have some fun after working yesterday. A trip to the mall to walk, Target for a big shopping order, then taking her to Chili's for lunch...she loves to go there! Then back home for the afternoon since it is supposed to rain starting then.....

Sue, have a great day.

Mama K

Valerie, love them all especially the round dishcloth. :cheer

Ann, keep feeling better. :hug

Joanne, you didn't really just say that??? :rofl Love the RR!!

I couldn't resist:lol:lol

Good morning all!

Val, you've been busy! Woot!

Ann, I'll keep good thoughts that today is a good day!

Joanne, hi! Today we will have some fun after working yesterday. A trip to the mall to walk, Target for a big shopping order, then taking her to Chili's for lunch...she loves to go there! Then back home for the afternoon since it is supposed to rain starting then.....

Sue, have a great day.

Mama K

Have a fun time- I love shopping at Target- and may just have to stop there later on before heading over to DD's to watch the Devil's game. No cooking for me tonight!! She's going to feed us!!!:clap

:cheer:cheer:cheer

yum hummas! so easy to do too just mash those chickpeas and flavor however you want garlic, sun dried tomatoes etc.

Had a fun time at the class and Mary Beth Temple is a great teacher and has a great sense of humor and is lots of fun!

fun classes are the best so glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the understanding and concern everyone. It sure is nice to know that I have friends that care. :hug The old tummy is really messed up again today. I wasn't able to take in hardly any of my formula last night. I'm trying to get in some water today. I don't want to end up at the ER for dehydration. :( With a little luck this will only last a few more days, then I will be able to start taking in more formula and my weight will stop going back down. DH always stresses out when I start losing weight again. It's not like I don't have lbs to spare, but when we can't control it, he gets nervous.

On a crocheting note....I am almost finished my afghan! I just have to do the edging, then it will be done! :cheer Then I really need to concentrate on getting those knitted dishcloths done for my friend AND I want to make a tote/bag! :D Hugs to all! :hug

Hope your tummy feels better soon:hug

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Glad you're feeling some better! A visit with your DD may be just what you need!

Thank you :hug

I do the same my bag always has a hook or 3 in it so i can work on things while waiting or traveling

HPIM1171.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

HPIM1156.jpg

HPIM1157.jpg

I love the knitted dishcloths you made that's the only knit pattern I have used my fingers don't cooperate well with knitting so I stick to crocheting as i have less incidence of pain and cramping. the bag looks great too! what does SBT stand for and where can I find the pattern for the bag?

Good morning!

I had a wonderful time with my GS:manyheart and when he went to bed for the night, I finished the RR for my DD's friend! Woot!!! The colors are not typical "baby" colors, but the baby boy's room is going to be monkeys and green and beige so I used some Michael's Loops N'Threads Impeccable I had in stash.

Sweet that you finished it it looks great!

so yesterday i finally mad it to the veggie store ...what a relief so my food shopping is done for the next couple weeks woot woot! then i scurried home as my DD text me telling me to get to her house as she was making brunch lol then i just helped her set up her bedroom as she just moved. but dang that girl of mine never gets rid of anything and has way too much stuff:lol and her roommate is the same.

by noon tho I was hurting and when i dropped off my veggies at home I forgot to grab my meds in mu rush to get to DD for brunch so I made it home just before 5 and got in my uber comfy clothes grabbed my meds and crawled into bed. oh but i did do a dishcloth while i verbally helped my dd with her room lol

today I am definitely resting all day I am sore and worn out and will probably have a few naps today for sure.

post-59918-135897756311_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you're going to have a nice quiet weekend (eventualy, lol) Good luck with the hummus! I've never made made any, but sure used to love eating it! :lol Is it hard to make? DH would love some.

Thanks Ann! I have no idea if it's hard to make or not - I am just getting the chick peas cooked now. I was planning to just mash them up and mix some stuff in for seasoning - now I'm thinking maybe I should look up a recipe or something! :lol I'll let you know how it turns out...

Mowing the lawn today... yay... and still waiting for the munchkins to get home. They must have had a grand old time, since I never heard from either of them!! :manyheart

yum hummas! so easy to do too just mash those chickpeas and flavor however you want garlic, sun dried tomatoes etc.

Thank you Ms Stitch Witch, that's what I thought! :)

Thank you Ms Stitch Witch, that's what I thought! :)

your welcome! the recipes I found were lengthy process entails but i just mash up a can of chickpeas and ad my flavor to it and since I'm a garlic lover i load mine with garlic :D

Good morning!

The RR is wonderful! I love the colors!

Ann, keep feeling better. :hug

Joanne, you didn't really just say that??? :rofl

Yup, she did! :lol:lol:lol

Good morning all!

Sue, have a great day.

Mama K

Sounds like you and Baby K have a nice day planned out! Hope it has all gone well! We're having a sunny, but chilly day, so I've been hanging on the couch sleeping, lol!

so yesterday i finally mad it to the veggie store ...what a relief so my food shopping is done for the next couple weeks woot woot! then i scurried home as my DD text me telling me to get to her house as she was making brunch lol then i just helped her set up her bedroom as she just moved. but dang that girl of mine never gets rid of anything and has way too much stuff:lol and her roommate is the same.

by noon tho I was hurting and when i dropped off my veggies at home I forgot to grab my meds in mu rush to get to DD for brunch so I made it home just before 5 and got in my uber comfy clothes grabbed my meds and crawled into bed. oh but i did do a dishcloth while i verbally helped my dd with her room lol

today I am definitely resting all day I am sore and worn out and will probably have a few naps today for sure.

Nice dishcloth! Hope you are getting rested and feeling better today. :hug

Thanks Ann! I have no idea if it's hard to make or not - I am just getting the chick peas cooked now. I was planning to just mash them up and mix some stuff in for seasoning - now I'm thinking maybe I should look up a recipe or something! :lol I'll let you know how it turns out...

Mowing the lawn today... yay... and still waiting for the munchkins to get home. They must have had a grand old time, since I never heard from either of them!! :manyheart

Yes, please let me know how the hummus comes out! Good luck mowing the lawn. Ours needs it. We got the tire for the mower repaired, but it's still sitting next to the garage! Hubby is stalling as long as he can! :lol

your welcome! the recipes I found were lengthy process entails but i just mash up a can of chickpeas and ad my flavor to it and since I'm a garlic lover i load mine with garlic :D

Mmm, that's what I like, nice and simple! I'm going to have to try to make some for DH.

MsStitchWitch,

SBT, I take for granted everyone here knows,lol Stashbuster tote..it's is Turtlelvr's wonderful pattern available here

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

I also make crochet dishcloths, but the "idiot's or grandma's favorite" is not only my go to pattern to stitch, but also my personal choice to use in the kitchen.

Joanne - love the RR.

Sue - hope your day went well.

MsStitchWitch - becare of the SBT - they are as addictive as RR (round ripples)!!

Ann - hope you're feeling better today.

Mama K - glad you have a month to move. When we moved, we had time but I still ended up with a lot to do on the weekend we moved. Although the first things I packed were my yarn and pattern. LOL

Had a good time with our DDs and the two grandsons. Got the birthday meal done and then most of us took a nap!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Sherry "krafty19"

Hi all,

Had a good day- I decided it was time to organize all the patterns I've printed out so spent the morning doing that- they are all organized now in sheet protectors in binders! I don't know why I didn't do this ages ago!:eek This afternoon, went to DD's to watch the Devils game (they lost to the Flyers in OT):( but we had a good time anyway!

Nice dishcloth, MsStitchWitch!!

Kuddles- Yup kids will be kids!!

Ann- It was a lovely day here- a little on the cool side, but the sun was shining. We went for a walk today with GS and Belle (their Bull dog) before the game.

Now it is time to unwind and prepare my mind for another week of Paradise heaven:lol:lol:lol

Archived