crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Great FBB and hats, Ann- and even greater that you got discharged from the cardiologist! Woot!!!

And yes, DVR is all set for Harry's Law in case I forget it's on, I'll have it to watch!

Sue- That stinks about the roadwork on your day off!!! Good positive thoughts for Abigail and Bella!!!! Did you get the fabric for Bruce's ghan?

Mona glad to hear that you've been getting in some hooky time!

tonya- how's things going with work? School?

Mary- Safe travels, good luck at the show and enjoy Texas Roadhouse!!

Kuddles- That's scary when the wind is so bad that it almost blows your car over! It was a GORGEOUS day here today- picture perfect- and I spent it inside till 6PM! UGH!!!

Jana- Will continue to keep Kerry in my prayers!

Watching the Devils hockey game- and they already scored 3 goals in the first period---and it's not over yet. Now to hold on for an entire game!!! It's fun right now- they are playing like they should have the last game!!!

Off I go--see you in the AM!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, been really busy plus really tired. Didn't sleep much this weekend with all the storms. Hopefully tonight will be better and I can rest.

Mona - enjoy Texas Roadhouse!! I love it, went there for my birthday. Although I didn't have to drive as far you do to get one :lol

Ann - great news about the dr! Love all the little hats. The bag is awesome!

Jana - will keep Keri in my prayers.

Sue - Awesome you got to release two turtles!

Here's a pic of the karate champion! My nephew bought him a sumo bag to help him practice cause he's so proud of him and how well he's doing in karate. He's the one we get to thank for inviting GS to karate. And a pic of littlest GS helping PaPa mow (never cuts one blade of grass but loves to try to push the mower).

Have a great evening all! Hugs to All!

Sherry

krafty19 (or krafty319)

post-27829-1358977544_thumb.jpg

post-27829-135897754404_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Great pics, Sherry- I guess you will now be Krafty 319--did you ever get the log in straightened out? Hope that you were able to get a good night's sleep last night!

Hump Day and I'm ready for Friday!! The Devils lost their game after a very strong start- blew a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3! Oh well, next game Thursday- they better win!

Hope you all have a good day!

Good morning to all!

Sherry, great pix! Soooo cute!

I'm off to a dental appt first thing then to work. Yet another crown. Will be the 12th 'fake' tooth in my mouth! Thanks dad for giving me your teeth! LOL!

Love from Mama K

Tonya...or should that be Grandma? CONGRATS!!! :cheer

Ann, love the bag and hats and YEA on now more cardiologist!! :clap

Joann, yes got the fabric. He picked out black/white checkered (he's a NASCAR fan).

Sherry, yea to GS!! I hope you get some rest. :hug

Mama, :hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

Tonya...or should that be Grandma? CONGRATS!!! :cheer

Ann, love the bag and hats and YEA on now more cardiologist!! :clap

QUOTE]

Thats what everyone at work was calling me.:lol I dont think she realized what having my 1st grandchild actually involves.

Great FBB and hats, Ann- and even greater that you got discharged from the cardiologist! Woot!!!

Totally missed this congrats ANN

tonya- how's things going with work? School? I got a 3.5 in my nursing class. we wont discuss spanish.:blush work is lets just say I am giving my new mgr a chance before looking for a new position. he is trying to get our unit back into shape and really supports us so I am trying to help him. I am not particularly fond of the unit, but I do love most of my patients and they do make my day seeing them progress.

Watching the Devils hockey game- and they already scored 3 goals in the first period---and it's not over yet. Now to hold on for an entire game!!! It's fun right now- they are playing like they should have the last game!!!

Off I go--see you in the AM!

Jeff won tickets to the wings/predators game. he should have saved the gas and just stayed home.

Hey everybody! It's wonderful to read how you're all doing! Sending out :hug and prayers to all ~ everybody needs them, whether they say so or not!

Tonya - Congrats, Grandma! :hug

Ann - Great news!! Love your pictures... those hats are so cute! :hug

Joanne - how long is this special project you're in charge of supposed to last? Do you have any vacation time coming up? :wink Sounds like you could use some... :hug

Sherry - Glad to hear you guys are okay after all the storms... if the only thing that got messed up was your Crochetville account, we can all say "Thanks" for that!! :hug Great photos - looks like somebody needs a trophy cabinet!! :lol

Jana - :hug I continue to keep Keri in my thoughts and prayers...

Mama K - What does it matter if you have to make an extra trip or two when you're moving in order to get all your craft supplies?? You deserve to splurge on yourself occasionally... and I bet that peace sign fabric looks awesome!! (My DD loves peace signs... :lol) :hug

Mary - have a safe trip to your latest :rabbit show and good luck!! :hug

Sue - Awesome news about the release of the :turtle and I finally wandered over and checked out your craft room photos... one word ~ AWESOME!! :hug

Things have been busy here - we were on spring break the first week of April and the younger two kids and I made a short visit to my Dad's (he lives in Bad Axe, MI - up in the thumb) and his mother in law (my step-mom's mom, I call her Grandma...) gave me a whole bunch of crochet magazines and books, and a bunch of yarn and thread, and a whole bunch of other stuff, too! I hit the proverbial "jackpot"!! Oh, and then yesterday afternoon I was checking all my lotto tickets, and I had a winner in there! ...I won $3!! (Yes, that is THREE DOLLARS) :rofl I'll be mowing the lawn today - I sure am enjoying the weather, but I also wasn't ready for lawn mowing season to be in full force already!! :lol

Have a terrific day everyone!! :hug

To anyone that I missed - :hug and :manyheart

...and I still haven't heard anything from Ducky... :worried

Good Morning! Thanks everyone, I had fun making the hats and the bag. I'm planning to get the hats washed today so they can get in the mail tomorrow. Last update I had was yesterday and the girls were doing good! :cheer

Sherry, love the pics! Hope you can get some sleep. :hug

Mama K, good luck at the dentist!

Joanne, only 2 more days til Friday :hug

Sue, have a great day! Thinking of your turtles and sending good thoughts there way! We should be seeing snappers pretty soon coming up to lay there eggs. They love our asparagus bed! :lol

Mona, the FBB was super easy and fun to make! You should give it a try!

Hey everybody! It's wonderful to read how you're all doing! Sending out :hug and prayers to all ~ everybody needs them, whether they say so or not!

Things have been busy here - we were on spring break the first week of April and the younger two kids and I made a short visit to my Dad's (he lives in Bad Axe, MI - up in the thumb) and his mother in law (my step-mom's mom, I call her Grandma...) gave me a whole bunch of crochet magazines and books, and a bunch of yarn and thread, and a whole bunch of other stuff, too! I hit the proverbial "jackpot"!! Oh, and then yesterday afternoon I was checking all my lotto tickets, and I had a winner in there! ...I won $3!! (Yes, that is THREE DOLLARS) :rofl I'll be mowing the lawn today - I sure am enjoying the weather, but I also wasn't ready for lawn mowing season to be in full force already!! :lol

Have a terrific day everyone!! :hug

To anyone that I missed - :hug and :manyheart

...and I still haven't heard anything from Ducky... :worried

Hi Melani! My goodness! You really did hit the jackpot! WOOT! Hope you didn't spend your $3 all in one place! :lol Love that you got all the "goodies" from Grandma! Enjoy! Ahhh, the lawn is another thing,lol. DH has an excuse. Our mower has a flat tire! :lol

Tonya, how did I miss this news? CONGRATS Grandma!!!! :clap

Hi Melani! My goodness! You really did hit the jackpot! WOOT! Hope you didn't spend your $3 all in one place! :lol Love that you got all the "goodies" from Grandma! Enjoy! Ahhh, the lawn is another thing,lol. DH has an excuse. Our mower has a flat tire! :lol

Tonya, how did I miss this news? CONGRATS Grandma!!!! :clap

You know, I did spend that big lotto winning all in one place - I put it in the gas tank! :rofl Have a great day, Ann!! :hug

Hi all!

Yes Tonya, woot! I missed it too Ann, don't feel bad!

Yes the dentist was tons of fun. Getting a tooth drilled out to prep for another expensive crown is my idea of fun! Took about 6 hours before the numbness started going away! Yikes!

You are correct Crabby, what's an extra trip when you are getting yarn or fabric! When I make a bag with the fabric, I'll post a pic.

Well I should be working and not on here so bye!

Mama K

Thanks guys. i am so excited me and the MIL are already starting to plan a shower lol.

Kuddles I think I have been channeling you I bought 5 bag patterns at joanns they had them on sale for 1.99 and 0.99 this week

In case you didn't see them in show and tell here are the latest 4 SBT's I've finished this week for the ladies in our gift shop. :)

post-28075-135897754522_thumb.jpg

The red, green and grey/purple ones were done with single strand bulky yarn. The other one was Bernat holding 2 strands together.

post-28075-135897754518_thumb.jpg

You know, I did spend that big lotto winning all in one place - I put it in the gas tank! :rofl Have a great day, Ann!! :hug

:lol And that won't get you far. Won't even buy a gal. of gas these days!

Hi all!

Yes Tonya, woot! I missed it too Ann, don't feel bad!

Yes the dentist was tons of fun. Getting a tooth drilled out to prep for another expensive crown is my idea of fun! Took about 6 hours before the numbness started going away! Yikes!

You are correct Crabby, what's an extra trip when you are getting yarn or fabric! When I make a bag with the fabric, I'll post a pic.

Well I should be working and not on here so bye!

Mama K

Ewww, I hate that numb feeling from the dentist! Won't even talk about the expense, lol! Looking forward to seeing the next bag you make. I'm so tempted to try sewing one, but with my sewing skills, umm, it could take awhile and I don't know if it would stay together! :lol

Thanks guys. i am so excited me and the MIL are already starting to plan a shower lol.

Kuddles I think I have been channeling you I bought 5 bag patterns at joanns they had them on sale for 1.99 and 0.99 this week

You're going to have lots of fun planning and making things for the little one! Sounds like you got a good deal at JoAnn's this week! Woot! Any diaper bags? :lol

In case you didn't see them in show and tell here are the latest 4 SBT's I've finished this week for the ladies in our gift shop. :)

[ATTACH]54693[/ATTACH][ATTACH]54694[/ATTACH]

The red, green and grey/purple ones were done with single strand bulky yarn. The other one was Bernat holding 2 strands together.

I only saw the first two, love them all! :clap

beautiful! Can't decide..the red one is the one I like the most..no maybe it's the gray..but I like the variegated...and well..I like the last one too!

I'd love to join, been wanting to make one for ages, but alas other wool work in progress at the mo. maybe next month I can start one. would love to see everyone elses though.:cheer

Love 'em! You do such great work!!

I'd love to join, been wanting to make one for ages, but alas other wool work in progress at the mo. maybe next month I can start one. would love to see everyone elses though.:cheer

Welcome!!

Good morning!

tonya- Don't know how I missed the post about the great news that you are going to be a Grandma!:clap Being a grandma is the best thing ever!:c9

Welcome dollylover!!

Love all the SBT's you're making, Sue!! I've got a bit of Charisma in my stash and love the yarn- Wonder why I didn't think to use some of it for SBT's:think Glad you did and inspired me!

Melani- Congrats on the "big" lottery winnings!!! I chucked out loud when I saw it was $3.00- that's about how much I've ever won.

Kuddles- I feel your "pain" about the dentist! did you take out a loan for the crown? :lol Unbelievable how expensive they are!

Ann- We finally got some rain- not a lot- but it DID rain (and it's not the weekend)---although they are predicting rain on the weekend. Part of me doesn't mind- because if it does, I'll be forced to stay inside and :crocheting which isn't a bad thing at all.

Sherry- Hope you've been able to catch up on some of your sleep!!!

Have a good day! :hug

Today is the 17th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing. Many lives were so affected that day. I remember feeling the blast and wondering what it was. Then a friend called me and told me there'd been an explosion downtown--never did I imagine that it was a bomb blast. There were 168 precious loved ones were lost that day and many more injured.

Prayers for the families and the survivors today would be appreciated.

Hugs to all.

Sherry

"krafty19"

Thanks Ann! :hug

Mary, so which one was your favorite? :lol

Welcome dollylover! :cheer

Joann, Thanks! You need 1 skein of variegated and 1 1/2 of solid to make a SBT.

Sherry, 17 years? Seems like yesterday. Prayers to everyone in OKC!

Good morning,

Yes Sherry, thank you for the reminder. We are all so very lucky! Prayers to all that were affected!

Joann, uh yes even with dental insurance, it hurt what I had to pay. My jaw is sore, it was the back molar on my TMJ side so I'll be sore for a bit I'm sure.

Boss is gone today and tomorrow so I can 'coast' a bit. Lots to do though....

Have a good day all,

Mama K

Morning! Bright and sunny, but cool today. Haven't touched my hooks yet, but did make a scarf yesterday. Having a hard time focusing today. Once I "get myself together" I'll settle down and :crocheting. Have a fab Thur everyone! :hug

Good morning!

Ann- We finally got some rain- not a lot- but it DID rain (and it's not the weekend)---although they are predicting rain on the weekend. Part of me doesn't mind- because if it does, I'll be forced to stay inside and :crocheting which isn't a bad thing at all.

Have a good day! :hug

We're expecting a couple of inches of rain this weekend. I don't mind since DH works the weekends anyway and we really need the rain. Like you said, it's a good excuse to stay in and crochet! :hook

Today is the 17th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing. Many lives were so affected that day. I remember feeling the blast and wondering what it was. Then a friend called me and told me there'd been an explosion downtown--never did I imagine that it was a bomb blast. There were 168 precious loved ones were lost that day and many more injured.

Prayers for the families and the survivors today would be appreciated.

Hugs to all.

Sherry

"krafty19"

Hugs and prayers for all in OKC :hug

Good morning,

Yes Sherry, thank you for the reminder. We are all so very lucky! Prayers to all that were affected!

Joann, uh yes even with dental insurance, it hurt what I had to pay. My jaw is sore, it was the back molar on my TMJ side so I'll be sore for a bit I'm sure.

Boss is gone today and tomorrow so I can 'coast' a bit. Lots to do though....

Have a good day all,

Mama K

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Archived