crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

hope everyone has a great rest of the day. I am thinking on starting something new, or maybe i should finish some stuff up. thininking of what to make kendra. she is already crocheting baby hats and asked me last night "what size are babies heads? so I know how big to make this thing." lol

This baby might have a lot of hats! :lol It's nice that Kendra is making them though! :)

I think you should start something new, and work on finishing something up in between (take little breaks), that will accomplish two birds with one stone so to speak! :lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This baby might have a lot of hats! :lol It's nice that Kendra is making them though! :)

I think you should start something new, and work on finishing something up in between (take little breaks), that will accomplish two birds with one stone so to speak! :lol

I just remembered that I bought yarn to go with the squares that I won from Kuddles, I think i might just put them together and take a blankie down to Kendra in July. it will be the first baby blanket. :D

Hi all,

Mary- Congrats on the show in Reno! Did you enjoy your dinner at Texas Roadhouse?

Kuddles- Here's to a good Tuesday at work! Cheers! I have a long meeting scheduled today- so it'll be something else, I'm sure!

tonya- Great idea to take those squares you got from Kuddles and use them for your grandchilds first blanket!

Ann- I also have an ipad in addition to my Nook and iphone. I like my gadgets and to me they each serve their own purpose. I had to ask my oldest DD to show me some of the things they each can do. I learn best by being shown!

MsStitchWitch- Hope that your meeting went ok.

Sue- Did you enjoy your "Saturday" yesterday? I was happy to read that the migraine had stayed away!

Off to get ready- I have a very long meeting scheduled today- and I will be very happy when this day is done (that is, happy when the work part of it is done) Can't wait for tonight- and a little hooky and hockey time. If my team doesn't win tonight they are done for the season!

Hugs to you all!

Good morning all!

Joanne - have a great day and I hope that meeting is over quickly and behind you!

Mary - Woot!

Tonya - can't wait to see my squares all done up in a blanket! Please post a pic when done....the color will work great for a baby blanket!

Ann - my only splurge was the Nook Color which I love. My cell phone is a basic Nokia, no bells or whistles. Phones are for making calls, yes? That's all my basically does! LOL

MsStitchWitch- let us know how the meeting went.

Sue - hopefully you are off today and you and Bruce can have a nice lunch together! How is his work going?

I have a staycation....boss will not be in the office today! But I literally have a stack of reports to data enter into the state system so I'll keep busy! Oh and the kids leave today at 11:30! I just remembered! Another staycation!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Hi all! I worked on my blanket some last night and started another dishcloth. Slow, but sure, I'm going to get all those cloths done for my friend! :lol I'm having a really hard time concentrating though because I REALLY want to make a bag! It's been awhile and I think I need to get it out of my system! :hook Now what shall it be :think I only have about a billion patterns copied! :lol

a billion patterns you say ya me too lol:lol

Oooohhhh, fancy gadgets! Nice! I have a really old phone, but it gets me by. Of course, it doesn't do much of anything, lol! One of these days I'll upgrade. I'd love a Nook, but that's down the road too. Our biggest splurge was getting cordless phones this past week! :rofl

I love gadgets! just getting a cordless phone oh my :rofl

Good luck! Hope your meeting goes well! :hug

thank you for the hugs and well wishes

My 12 yr old gs has an iphone, ipad, Nook, etc! :eek I'd have to ask him to help me set it up if I ever got one of them! :lol

hehehe

:hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:hug Looking forward to seeing your Chunky Chic Hobo bag. I'm thinking of making that one!

UGH! Hope the migraine stays away! :hug

Good luck!!!

Hi all,

Mary- Congrats on the show in Reno! Did you enjoy your dinner at Texas Roadhouse?

congrats Mary on the reno show!

Kuddles- Here's to a good Tuesday at work! Cheers! I have a long meeting scheduled today- so it'll be something else, I'm sure!

Have a good day

tonya- Great idea to take those squares you got from Kuddles and use them for your grandchilds first blanket!

very cool idea!

Ann- I also have an ipad in addition to my Nook and iphone. I like my gadgets and to me they each serve their own purpose. I had to ask my oldest DD to show me some of the things they each can do. I learn best by being shown!

I love gadgets but have weeded down to just my phone and laptop they both do everything I need at the moment but i always try to talk myself into getting something wlse then have to talk myself out of it lol

MsStitchWitch- Hope that your meeting went ok.

Thank you

Sue- Did you enjoy your "Saturday" yesterday? I was happy to read that the migraine had stayed away!

awesome your migraine stayed away!

Off to get ready- I have a very long meeting scheduled today- and I will be very happy when this day is done (that is, happy when the work part of it is done) Can't wait for tonight- and a little hooky and hockey time. If my team doesn't win tonight they are done for the season!

Hugs to you all!

Good morning all!

Joanne - have a great day and I hope that meeting is over quickly and behind you!

Mary - Woot!

Tonya - can't wait to see my squares all done up in a blanket! Please post a pic when done....the color will work great for a baby blanket!

Ann - my only splurge was the Nook Color which I love. My cell phone is a basic Nokia, no bells or whistles. Phones are for making calls, yes? That's all my basically does! LOL

MsStitchWitch- let us know how the meeting went.

Sue - hopefully you are off today and you and Bruce can have a nice lunch together! How is his work going?

I have a staycation....boss will not be in the office today! But I literally have a stack of reports to data enter into the state system so I'll keep busy! Oh and the kids leave today at 11:30! I just remembered! Another staycation!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

ok so the meeting was a disaster:ohdear lets see if i can summarize the situation.

my son is a troubled teen and so he went up north to live with my dad in the country and is still there. he will be 18 yrs old in a couple weeks and has been up there for 2 years. My dd who will be 20 in June just told me after12 years that whole my dad was babysitting ans my son sleeping that he molested her on more than one occasion. so naturally I believe her and there is a police investigation and the ministry of children and families protocol is to remove my son from my fathers care, thus the meeting was about the options of where he would reside during the investigation. Well all **** broke loose unknown to me my son had called my daughter and asked her point blank if she knew who made the report and she flat out told him. needless to say my son does not believe it and my dad denies it happening so they got defensive and said f*ck u all we disown you and we will no longer accept services(financial and job training for my son). I still can't believe my son does not believe his sister. my dad said that we(dd and i) made up the story to screw up my sons life to get more money, which would never happen as you don't get paid to raise your own kid). this whole situation is so horrific let alone my dad did this to my daughter but how could they expect me not to believe her memories of what happened where and how? I am most flabbergasted also because you would not think someone of my dad's character who rescued his own children from abuse while living with their mother would do this!

So that is a summary of my current situation that coupled with mine and my daughters health conditions an we have no other supportive family so its just me and her now we are all we have in this screwed up mess:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Joanne, had a boring class yesterday then lunch with my parents. Came home and worked on another Edgerydoo afghan. :)

Mama, Bruce loves his job!! Even though he's on 7 days straight starting today, but he doesn't mind. At least he has a job!! :)

Just finished an Edgerydoo afghan for Bruce and sewed (yes! I finally got to sew something besides holes in pants!!) a new tote. They're over in Show and Tell.

I hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying their Tuesday. :)

:turtle:vheart

Joanne, had a boring class yesterday then lunch with my parents. Came home and worked on another Edgerydoo afghan. :)

Mama, Bruce loves his job!! Even though he's on 7 days straight starting today, but he doesn't mind. At least he has a job!! :)

Just finished an Edgerydoo afghan for Bruce and sewed (yes! I finally got to sew something besides holes in pants!!) a new tote. They're over in Show and Tell.

Glad to hear it is going well for Bruce! Woot!

Off to look at show and tell....

Mama K

Hi all! It's a kind of "rough around the edges" day. Saw my rheumie and got my shot (down to every other week now! :)), so that should help some with that pain. I'm planning to do some more work on my afghan tonight, maybe a little more on the dishcloth. I still haven't totally decided on a bag. We don't have any where to go tomorrow, so maybe I'll figure it out! :lol Have a great evening everyone! :hug

I just remembered that I bought yarn to go with the squares that I won from Kuddles, I think i might just put them together and take a blankie down to Kendra in July. it will be the first baby blanket. :D

Woot! Hope to see a pic of the finished blankie!

back from Reno..had a great time with friends and bunnies! They did pretty well too. It was a big show with lots of competition and I was pretty pleased with how they did!

Glad you had a good time in Reno!

Hi all,

Hugs to you all!

Hope your day went well and that meeting went quicker/easier than you expected! :hug

Good morning all!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Woot for the staycation!!! Hope your day went well! :hug

ok so the meeting was a disaster:ohdear lets see if i can summarize the situation.

my son is a troubled teen and so he went up north to live with my dad in the country and is still there. he will be 18 yrs old in a couple weeks and has been up there for 2 years. My dd who will be 20 in June just told me after12 years that whole my dad was babysitting ans my son sleeping that he molested her on more than one occasion. so naturally I believe her and there is a police investigation and the ministry of children and families protocol is to remove my son from my fathers care, thus the meeting was about the options of where he would reside during the investigation. Well all **** broke loose unknown to me my son had called my daughter and asked her point blank if she knew who made the report and she flat out told him. needless to say my son does not believe it and my dad denies it happening so they got defensive and said f*ck u all we disown you and we will no longer accept services(financial and job training for my son). I still can't believe my son does not believe his sister. my dad said that we(dd and i) made up the story to screw up my sons life to get more money, which would never happen as you don't get paid to raise your own kid). this whole situation is so horrific let alone my dad did this to my daughter but how could they expect me not to believe her memories of what happened where and how? I am most flabbergasted also because you would not think someone of my dad's character who rescued his own children from abuse while living with their mother would do this!

So that is a summary of my current situation that coupled with mine and my daughters health conditions an we have no other supportive family so its just me and her now we are all we have in this screwed up mess:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:hug:hug:hug

So glad that Bruce likes his job! I'm heading over to Show and Tell to check out your afghan! Woot! Have a great night!

HI all,

Quick pop in before the Devils hockey game! The meeting was well....interesting to say the least- but it's over and I'm home so all is good!

MsStitchWitch- Sorry to hear about all the troubles---hugs!

Kuddles- Love those staycations!! Hope your day flew by

Ann- Woot!! Shots every other week is good news!!

Sue- The edgerydoo ghan you made Bruce is awesome---and so is that turtle tote you are giving away!!!!

To the rest of the crew---have a good night

thank you for the hugs:hug

I am sorry i didn't proof read or watch my potty mouth when writing what I am going through

I need some stitch therapy so lets see what i can make today:crocheting

Hi all, had a busy evening with lots of homework with the oldest GS. How can a first grader have 4 pages of math (multiplication, long written out questions), write a story about Moses (had "key" words that had to be used), and write a letter to a friend, and not to forget spelling words! At least we got it done but it was 10 pm before he got to bed. Littlest GS had to go to bed at 7, he had no nap and was really, really, cranky.

But on the upside, I got some stuff downloaded on the new phone (games, some weather apps for warnings for bad weather). Of course, GS wanted to play, so I had him finish a page of math, play a one game, do more math, play a game, etc. Kept him from complaining too much about the homework.

No crocheting tonight, maybe tomorrow night I can get back to crocheting!

Hugs to MsStitchWitch--sorry for all the problems.

Sue, glad you enjoyed your day. And glad Bruce is enjoying his job.

Mama K - hope things are going well for you and Baby K.

Ann - hope you're doing better tonight.

Well, I'd better get some rest, 5:30 will come too early!!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Hugs to all - Sherry "Krafty19" (and still no word from Amy or Donna on how to fix my old account) Anyone heard from either one of them?

:hi I am officially caught up with reading posts again... :whew I really need to check in more often! :lol

Kuddles- Love the bag and the dresses! The beads do add a nice touch to the bag. That is a bummer about the office move. I chuckled about putting your big girl panties on. One of my co-workers has that hanging in her cubicle.
:rofl I don't know why, but when I read this I pictured a pair of "big girl panties" actually hanging in your co-workers cubicle... :lol

Melani- Hope you had a good weekend? Any totes or anything else on your hooks?

Sorry I haven't been on much - the computer has sort of taken a back seat to life lately... I have been hooking though! I finished the Magic Ball Afghan, the Mystery CAL, and am currently working on a granny square afghan so I can start another Magic Ball Afghan with the larger remnants of my scrap bag. :) I still need to download the pictures off my camera... Oh, and my daughter found a granny square that was made in "70's" colors (I'm sure you remember these colors - orange, mustard yellow, olive green, and brown) and decided she'd like some more added to it for a rug in her newly cleaned (gosh, thanks Mom!) room... I just happened to have some variegated with all of those colors (I probably inherited that from Grandma's stash when she left this plane of existence back in 2001) so I'm adding to the square. It's ugly as sin, but it will be a rug so it's all good, right? :lol

Ugh! What a lot to have to deal with... and I haven't even had a chance to say welcome yet!! :hug

Did anyone ever hear back from Ducky?

I never did - I am at a total loss as to what (if anything) to do. I sent her a card but haven't heard back, and I haven't seen anything here from her in ages. As far as I know, her face book friends haven't heard from her either. I looked online but haven't seen any news headlines for her area of the country, either... :worried

:manyheart It's been great getting caught up! :hug

Good morning!

Not much time to post, but wanted to wish you all a Happy Hump Day!

The Devils won their game and now go to game 7 tomorrow night! The game went into OT- and of course I had to watch till the end---so needless to say, it was a late night!

Have a good one everybody!

Oh, Sherry- I think Amy may have been at Stitches South and maybe that's why you haven't heard back about your account.

Good morning!

So nice to hear from Melani, Mary and Shelly! As well as my usual 'peeps'! Sounds like everyone has been very busy!

Hugs to all, not just the ones that need them today!

My boss is still not happy we are moving to a trailer and will talk to his boss today. However, I know in my heart nothing will change so I'm embracing it! Finally it was announced yesterday so all teachers know. They have been coming up to me expressing their displeasure. It is what it is! All will be fine!

Today is admin assistant day and besides a gift card from my boss on monday, he is taking me to Panera today for lunch. He would have taken me somewhere more special but I LOVE Panera and am so happy!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Sue- The edgerydoo ghan you made Bruce is awesome---and so is that turtle tote you are giving away!!!!

WHOA! Slow down there cowgirl! :lol That's MY tote. ;)

My boss is still not happy we are moving to a trailer and will talk to his boss today. However, I know in my heart nothing will change so I'm embracing it! Finally it was announced yesterday so all teachers know. They have been coming up to me expressing their displeasure. It is what it is! All will be fine!

Today is admin assistant day and besides a gift card from my boss on monday, he is taking me to Panera today for lunch. He would have taken me somewhere more special but I LOVE Panera and am so happy!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

You'll be fine. You're a strong woman that can deal with anything. I know it. :hug

Enjoy your lunch!! Can I come? :cheer

I have 3 more squares to do nd then I will be able to assemble the blanket. should have a decent amount done today. I am using "lake" and " seaspray" along with the "maize" ones that I got from kuddles. so it will be a good size blanket.

hope everyone has a good day

You'll be fine. You're a strong woman that can deal with anything. I know it. :hug

Enjoy your lunch!! Can I come? :cheer

Thanks! :hug Yup you are correct, wherever we move, it will be fine. My boss's solution is not a good one, he wants us in the BD school! Uh, really?

I'm excited about Panera! Haven't been for weeks! I'd LOVE it if you could come along! :cheer:clap

Mama K

Hi all, had a busy evening with lots of homework with the oldest GS. How can a first grader have 4 pages of math (multiplication, long written out questions), write a story about Moses (had "key" words that had to be used), and write a letter to a friend, and not to forget spelling words! At least we got it done but it was 10 pm before he got to bed. Littlest GS had to go to bed at 7, he had no nap and was really, really, cranky.

But on the upside, I got some stuff downloaded on the new phone (games, some weather apps for warnings for bad weather). Of course, GS wanted to play, so I had him finish a page of math, play a one game, do more math, play a game, etc. Kept him from complaining too much about the homework.

I know what you mean when my kids were in school I could not believe how much homework they had on top of what they did in class each day its just insane IMO we are only human not computers

No crocheting tonight, maybe tomorrow night I can get back to crocheting!

I tried to do som crocheting yesterday but I had trouble staying focused so put it down and went to bed super early for me( the insomniac lol)

Hugs to MsStitchWitch--sorry for all the problems.

Thank you I'm doing all i can to keep it together for my DD(she seems to be keepin it together better than I tho)

Sue, glad you enjoyed your day. And glad Bruce is enjoying his job.

Mama K - hope things are going well for you and Baby K.

Ann - hope you're doing better tonight.

Well, I'd better get some rest, 5:30 will come too early!!

Sleep well

Have a great day tomorrow!

Hugs to all - Sherry "Krafty19" (and still no word from Amy or Donna on how to fix my old account) Anyone heard from either one of them?

:hi I am officially caught up with reading posts again... :whew I really need to check in more often! :lol

:rofl I don't know why, but when I read this I pictured a pair of "big girl panties" actually hanging in your co-workers cubicle... :lol

hahaha too funny

Sorry I haven't been on much - the computer has sort of taken a back seat to life lately... I have been hooking though! I finished the Magic Ball Afghan, the Mystery CAL, and am currently working on a granny square afghan so I can start another Magic Ball Afghan with the larger remnants of my scrap bag. :) I still need to download the pictures off my camera... Oh, and my daughter found a granny square that was made in "70's" colors (I'm sure you remember these colors - orange, mustard yellow, olive green, and brown) and decided she'd like some more added to it for a rug in her newly cleaned (gosh, thanks Mom!) room... I just happened to have some variegated with all of those colors (I probably inherited that from Grandma's stash when she left this plane of existence back in 2001) so I'm adding to the square. It's ugly as sin, but it will be a rug so it's all good, right? :lol

Wow girl you been a busy bee with your hook! lol on the 'ugly as sin rug' oh how could anyone forget the colors of the 70's lol I have a knitted conehatted clown that my granny made me in those wonderful yellows and browns (wish i could find a pattern but alas it was probably one of her own that was sadly lots with everything else)

Ugh! What a lot to have to deal with... and I haven't even had a chance to say welcome yet!! :hug

Thank you so much I kind of feel odd to just put it out there but you all made me feel comfortable enough to do so :hug

:manyheart It's been great getting caught up! :hug

ok its a new day lots of errands to do its payday/bill/day/grocery day ugh so must prioritize and break it down so i don't have a huge fibromyalgia flare up oh and its raining and i travel by bus and 2 feet and a heart beat lol

Hope you all are well and have a great day

Happy Stitching:crocheting

I'm excited about Panera! Haven't been for weeks! I'd LOVE it if you could come along! :cheer:clap

Mama K

So would I, but the commute is long and I have to work tomorrow! :lol Imagine us at lunch together??? OMG!! :rofl

We'd be thrown out for sure!

mama k

How's that saying go? A friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying "Well, that was fun!" :rofl

How's that saying go? A friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying "Well, that was fun!" :rofl

You are so :devil...that's why I loves ya!

Mama K

Sue- Oops- thought you were giving that tote away!! Don't blame you for keeping it- it is so YOU!!!!

Kuddles- I love Panera too and am excited that they are opening up another one closer to home soon!!! Hope you had a great day!

tonya- can't wait to see the finished ghan- I bet it'll be beautiful!!!

MsStitchWitch- Hope you got all you had to get done w/out a fibro attack!

Had another long, stressful day- didn't get home till 7:30- going to call it an early night cause tomorrow is going to be no better--should be a much better day on Friday and then it's the weekend!!

Archived