crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Here's a pic of the preemie hats I made the past couple of days. I thru in a pic of the FBB too, :lol. Have a great evening everyone! :hug

I haven't visited here for a while, but in an effort to keep from doing the housework, I thought I'd wander around the ville and look at pictures. (you know, so I can find new projects to start!), and came across this picture.

I made a FBB back when the SNB Crochet book came out and it looked almost exactly like that, similar color, same handles. (Except I was lazy and attached a silk flower.) You've inspired me to get mine out and use it again. Maybe I'll even make another one.

Nice work on both hats and bag.

I've looked at a lot of pictures in this thread this morning, and all of the bags are lovely.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI all,

Thanks Sue for letting me know how much of each- I definitely have more than a little in my stash ( I checked when I got home from work) but it's on the back burner until I get these baby blankets done.

Decided that the ripple I'm making for my Dd's friend is too big so put it aside and will start a RR. I'll finish the ripple up and give it to my DD for their family room since the colors are perfect- it can be for Ryan!

Going to watch the Devils now and will catch up again in the AM!

Hugs to all!

I haven't visited here for a while, but in an effort to keep from doing the housework, I thought I'd wander around the ville and look at pictures. (you know, so I can find new projects to start!), and came across this picture.

I made a FBB back when the SNB Crochet book came out and it looked almost exactly like that, similar color, same handles. (Except I was lazy and attached a silk flower.) You've inspired me to get mine out and use it again. Maybe I'll even make another one.

Nice work on both hats and bag.

I've looked at a lot of pictures in this thread this morning, and all of the bags are lovely.

Hi Cindy! Glad I could inspire someone! LOL! Have a great evening!

HI all,

Thanks Sue for letting me know how much of each- I definitely have more than a little in my stash ( I checked when I got home from work) but it's on the back burner until I get these baby blankets done.

Decided that the ripple I'm making for my Dd's friend is too big so put it aside and will start a RR. I'll finish the ripple up and give it to my DD for their family room since the colors are perfect- it can be for Ryan!

Going to watch the Devils now and will catch up again in the AM!

Hugs to all!

Starting another afghan? When are you ever going to felt that SBT? :lol Enjoy the game tonight! I'm off to enjoy some tv time myself. See you all tomorrow! :hug

Well, it's another stormy evening here. I'm so hoping it will just be thunderstorms but there's a chance for tornadoes. So I'll have my listening ear to the "beep beep beep" for the weather alerts.

Tonya - congrats on the news! Somehow I missed it.

Joanne - I still have not got the problem worked out. I've never rec'd a response from my emails or PMs. I sent a PM to Mama K just to see if that part was working. Sooooo frustrating! Have fun on the RR--I love making baby RR's.

Ann - hope you're doing well today.

Thanks to all about the thoughts and prayers for those that lost loved ones in the bombing. If any of you are ever here in Oklahoma City, please go to the OKC Bombing Memorial, it is something you will never forget.

Hi Cindy! Glad I could inspire someone! LOL! Have a great evening!

Starting another afghan? When are you ever going to felt that SBT? :lol Enjoy the game tonight! I'm off to enjoy some tv time myself. See you all tomorrow! :hug

:lol:lol I'm going to felt that SBT when I get a zippered pillowcase to put it in. Kuddles gave me that tip and still haven't gotten one. :eek

Yup started another afghan tonight- a baby RR- it's going quickly and hope to have it done in a couple of days. Then I really need to finish twin girls solid granny ghan. Then I'll have the baby blankets I need now done. Then I'll work on my shawl that is 85% done and the regular ripple. It'd be great if i could stay home tomorrow- but too much on the agenda at work!

The Devils won their hockey game and played like they wanted to win!!!:clap

:lol:lol I'm going to felt that SBT when I get a zippered pillowcase to put it in. Kuddles gave me that tip and still haven't gotten one. :eek

Yup started another afghan tonight- a baby RR- it's going quickly and hope to have it done in a couple of days. Then I really need to finish twin girls solid granny ghan. Then I'll have the baby blankets I need now done. Then I'll work on my shawl that is 85% done and the regular ripple. It'd be great if i could stay home tomorrow- but too much on the agenda at work!

I use a normal pillowcase and a hairband to close it

Good Morning! Another day, another migraine. :( It's bright and sunny, so hopefully this headache will pass soon so I can enjoy the day before the rain come this weekend! I didn't get any knitting or crocheting done last night. I just sat and watched tv surrounded by my hooks, needles and yarn! :D Have a great day everyone! :hug

Well, it's another stormy evening here. I'm so hoping it will just be thunderstorms but there's a chance for tornadoes. So I'll have my listening ear to the "beep beep beep" for the weather alerts.

Thanks to all about the thoughts and prayers for those that lost loved ones in the bombing. If any of you are ever here in Oklahoma City, please go to the OKC Bombing Memorial, it is something you will never forget.

Hope it was just T-storms last night and all are safe! :hug

The Devils won their hockey game and played like they wanted to win!!!:clap

It's nice when a team plays like they want to win! Sometimes you wonder why they even showed up! :lol Good luck on all your projects, I want to see that felted SBT! :devil

I'm so tired- didn't wake up until the alarm went off and that hardly ever happens. I'm so glad that it's Friday! WOOT!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

Whoa, hate when that happens! Feels like your playing catch up all day! Hope your day goes good and you get to relax tonight! :hug

Tomorrow is Turtle Day at work. We've been super busy getting ready. I need a long nap.

:hug to all.

Ann, boo to your migraine. :(

:turtle:vheart

Good luck to you tomorrow!

Thanks, my head is doing better, now the tummy is acting up. Can't win.

Good luck tomorrow Sue!!!

Ann- Glad to hear the migraine is better, but now your tummy is acting up?:hug:hug

I left work a little early today-- I was really tired! Got home and watched the remainder of the Red Sox/Yankee game and the Yankees won! They were celebrating the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park (which BTW, is an awesome ballpark). Wished the celebration would have been on when I was home- just watching some highlights of the celebration now.

Hoping to work some more on the baby RR--too many UFO's right now!!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Happy Saturday Everyone! Where is everyone today? I know that I should be sleeping since I was up half the night! :lol Sue has Turtle Day! :turtle Mama must be busy with Baby K, Joanne is doing housework, hmmm, is it Melani that's mowing the lawn? :think I'm lonely! Come out, come out, wherever you are! :lol I finished another Marine Corps dishcloth last night. Will I start another one today or work on my afghan? :think Maybe both! (after my nap!) :hook See ya later! :D

Happy Saturday Everyone! Where is everyone today? I know that I should be sleeping since I was up half the night! :lol Sue has Turtle Day! :turtle Mama must be busy with Baby K, Joanne is doing housework, hmmm, is it Melani that's mowing the lawn? :think I'm lonely! Come out, come out, wherever you are! :lol I finished another Marine Corps dishcloth last night. Will I start another one today or work on my afghan? :think Maybe both! (after my nap!) :hook See ya later! :D

Hi Ann! (and everyone else)

I was up a little later than usual- then did the laundry- and then did a little cleaning, then errands and shopping and now home watching the Bruins hockey game. It stinks that the Bruins are playing at the same time as Yankees/Red Sox but DD and I are having fun switching back and forth and texting updates to each other! In a few hours, the Devils will be playing their hockey game and I'm going to watch with my DD and GS!

Now to get a little crocheting done!

I was sleeping, since i'm working this weekend. also I have caught some nasty head cold that is now moving to my chest, so Ihave actually pretty much spent the last 2 days in bed with a bo of Kleenex.

Totally exhausted. Usually turtle day brings in so many volunteers to help, this one we only had 3 and they didn't stay long. Had lots to do and no help. :(

Hi Ann! (and everyone else)

I was up a little later than usual- then did the laundry- and then did a little cleaning, then errands and shopping and now home watching the Bruins hockey game. It stinks that the Bruins are playing at the same time as Yankees/Red Sox but DD and I are having fun switching back and forth and texting updates to each other! In a few hours, the Devils will be playing their hockey game and I'm going to watch with my DD and GS!

Now to get a little crocheting done!

Well who planned those games? :lol Can't believe I slept thru the Bruins game! Guess I'll go check the score!

I was sleeping, since i'm working this weekend. also I have caught some nasty head cold that is now moving to my chest, so Ihave actually pretty much spent the last 2 days in bed with a bo of Kleenex.

Oh no, hope you feel better soon! :hug

Totally exhausted. Usually turtle day brings in so many volunteers to help, this one we only had 3 and they didn't stay long. Had lots to do and no help. :(

Well that stinks! Wonder what was going on that only 3 peopple showed up? :hug

Hi, been crabby the last few days so keeping to myself. Sorry! Life you know!

Finished a new bag I 'designed', I'll post a pic when I can!

Mama K

Ah Mama, sorry for whatever it is that's bothering you. :hug Life can be a "B_ _ _ _" sometimes! :hug I sure do look forward to seeing your new bag when you post it!

Hi all. Sue - sorry you didn't have enough help. Get some rest!

Mama K - hope things get better soon. Looking forward to seeing the new bag.

Ann - hope you're doing well today!

Tonya - get better soon!!

Had a busy day--karate, cutting hair, shopping at Walmart, HL, and eating out. Got to spend my birthday gift card on some yarn, going to make ME something. I almost have the shawler finished but it's so heavy it will have to be for fall.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Hugs to all.

Good morning!

Sue- Sorry to hear it was such a tough day yesterday:hug

Mama- Here's a few :hug:hug:hug for you too. Life can be a b....sometimes for sure!!!

Ann- The Bruins lost and so did the Devils:( And actually so did my son-in-law's team the Rangers:( But on a good note, although not for you or my DD, the Yankees came from behind 9-0 to win 15-9:)

Sherry- So what did you decide that you are going to make for YOU?

I didn't get as much :crocheting done as I had wanted to yesterday! I'm hoping to rectify that today since I think we're finally going to have a rainy day here. We need it, so guess I may as well take advantage and stay in.

Mama, you know I'm here for you. :hug

Ann, IDK what happened. Usually we have so many volunteers on TD that we're tripping over each other. This year we had talks to do and with the window into the lab we had to try to keep doing things (meds, bandage changes, etc.) every hour there. Thankfully today I'm working my normal "short" day at birds. :)

Hi Joanne, Sherry, Mona, Melani, Tonya and everyone else! :hug

Morning! Rainy day here and chilly. Good day to stay in and :crocheting. Once my tummy and head start feeling better I think I'll settle down on the couch and fire up my hooks! :hook Not sure what I'm going to work on, but I'm sure I'll find something! :lol Have a great day all! :hug

Hi all.

Had a busy day--karate, cutting hair, shopping at Walmart, HL, and eating out. Got to spend my birthday gift card on some yarn, going to make ME something. I almost have the shawler finished but it's so heavy it will have to be for fall.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Hugs to all.

WooHoo! Whatcha gonna make for you? I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to make with my alpaca that DH got for me! I think it might become some fingerless gloves. :)

Good morning!

Ann- The Bruins lost and so did the Devils:( And actually so did my son-in-law's team the Rangers:( But on a good note, although not for you or my DD, the Yankees came from behind 9-0 to win 15-9:)

I didn't get as much :crocheting done as I had wanted to yesterday! I'm hoping to rectify that today since I think we're finally going to have a rainy day here. We need it, so guess I may as well take advantage and stay in.

UGH, what's up with my teams? At least one of yours won yesterday! Congrats! (ouch that hurt,jk, lol) Hope you find some relaxing hook time today too on this rainy day! :hug

Ann, IDK what happened. Usually we have so many volunteers on TD that we're tripping over each other. This year we had talks to do and with the window into the lab we had to try to keep doing things (meds, bandage changes, etc.) every hour there. Thankfully today I'm working my normal "short" day at birds. :)

Is it usually on the same weekend as Earth Day every year? Just thinking that maybe a lot of folks voluteered to do clean ups or something? Hope your "short" day goes well! :hug

Hi Mama K! Sending you some love this morning! :manyheart

Tonya, hope you're feeling better :hug

Melani, Mona, Mary, and all my peeps wishing you a wonderful Sunday and sending hugs and good thoughts to all that need them. :hug

Up early, but I got a good night's sleep. DH didn't snore! I'm checking email, reading my comics, then off to crochet.

Hope everyone has an easy, relaxing, healthy and happy day! Prayers and hugs all around!

Good morning and thanks for all the hugs!

I'm bummed about a location move at work in June that will not be a good location. I'm trying to pull up my big girl panties and get over it but going from an office to sharing a dirty trailer, well doesn't sound like fun to me. I just need to process and then get over it.

As promised I took a picture of my bag. Used cotton, did a drawstring and did a picot edging at the top. And one simple row of beads. I really like it!

Also been working on baby dresses in assorted cottons. Here they are. One I did the picot edging at the bottom, I think it really adds to it.

I plan on getting some work done at the house, packing some things and throwing away some things. Guess I better start working on the move!

Have a great day all,

Mama K

post-17419-135897755175_thumb.jpg

post-17419-135897755179_thumb.jpg

Archived