crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Up early, but I got a good night's sleep. DH didn't snore! I'm checking email, reading my comics, then off to crochet.

Hope everyone has an easy, relaxing, healthy and happy day! Prayers and hugs all around!

Glad you got a good night's sleep! It's always wonderful when our partners don't saw wood all night! :lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kuddles- Love the bag and the dresses! The beads do add a nice touch to the bag. That is a bummer about the office move. I chuckled about putting your big girl panties on. One of my co-workers has that hanging in her cubicle.

Sue- Glad its a good short day with the birds. Hopefully- trauma free!!

Ann- I was reading articles about the Red Sox- Red Sox Nation is not happy right now.

Fingerless gloves with alpaca sound really nice---and soft!!!

Mona- Enjoy your crocheting day!

Put all the Easter decorations away and now it's time to start my lazy day!

Kuddles- Love the bag and the dresses! The beads do add a nice touch to the bag. That is a bummer about the office move. I chuckled about putting your big girl panties on. One of my co-workers has that hanging in her cubicle.

Thanks Joanne! I want to make a bunch of stuff then set up a new etsy shop and try my luck. Who knows. Of course, I'd give my ville friends a discount! LOL

I'm a big believer in allowing ourselves to get ticked, mad, sad....whatever. Get it out and feel it. But then move on. I think I'm almost ready to move on. Got the news on Monday and I was depressed all week. I think that is enough time. So moving on!

Mama K

I just finished my first tote and so happy with it I am about to start another:hook

The First was made from the pattern 'Spring Moss Totebag' by Merri Purdy

now I will start working the 'Chunky Chic Hobo Bag' by Charlene Gray

Happy Stitching :crocheting

post-59918-13589775523_thumb.jpg

post-59918-135897755233_thumb.jpg

I just finished my first tote and so happy with it I am about to start another:hook

Your tote came out great!!! I really like it!:manyheart Now to go look up and see what the "Chunky Chic Hobo Bag looks like"

Kuddles- I'm trying to get over all the stuff going on at work that has me so stressed. It's hard. But you are right--get it out, feel it, and then move one. I was starting to get all stressed just thinking about the busy, crazy week I have ahead of me, and then said STOP!!! Enjoy TODAY!!!:)

Kuddles- I'm trying to get over all the stuff going on at work that has me so stressed. It's hard. But you are right--get it out, feel it, and then move one. I was starting to get all stressed just thinking about the busy, crazy week I have ahead of me, and then said STOP!!! Enjoy TODAY!!!:)

Yup! We will BOTH do that, sista! We CAN do it!

I'm putting piles together now......the sell, the donate, the throw and the going-to-the-new-place.

Mama K

Good morning and thanks for all the hugs!

I'm bummed about a location move at work in June that will not be a good location. I'm trying to pull up my big girl panties and get over it but going from an office to sharing a dirty trailer, well doesn't sound like fun to me. I just need to process and then get over it.

As promised I took a picture of my bag. Used cotton, did a drawstring and did a picot edging at the top. And one simple row of beads. I really like it!

Also been working on baby dresses in assorted cottons. Here they are. One I did the picot edging at the bottom, I think it really adds to it.

I plan on getting some work done at the house, packing some things and throwing away some things. Guess I better start working on the move!

Have a great day all,

Mama K

We must have been posting at the same time this morning! I totally missed this! Love your bag and the dresses are adorable! I really want to figure out work with beads. They can add so much to a pattern! The picots edging on the dress is pretty too!

I'd be bummed about the move too. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think though. Can you decorate it to your liking? Maybe you'll have more privacy than your office now. :hug

Ann- I was reading articles about the Red Sox- Red Sox Nation is not happy right now.

Fingerless gloves with alpaca sound really nice---and soft!!!

Put all the Easter decorations away and now it's time to start my lazy day!

Is Red Sox nation ever happy? :lol Don't know what the fuss is about. Haven't turned on the tv yet today. I'll go look! Yeah, I thought fingerless gloves might be really nice with alpaca! :c9

Thanks Joanne! I want to make a bunch of stuff then set up a new etsy shop and try my luck. Who knows. Of course, I'd give my ville friends a discount! LOL

I'm a big believer in allowing ourselves to get ticked, mad, sad....whatever. Get it out and feel it. But then move on. I think I'm almost ready to move on. Got the news on Monday and I was depressed all week. I think that is enough time. So moving on!

Mama K

Good luck with the esty shop! Glad you're moving on too. :hug

Wow, nice bag! Gonna go look up the Chunky Chic Hobo bag too! Great work!

Yup! We will BOTH do that, sista! We CAN do it!

I'm putting piles together now......the sell, the donate, the throw and the going-to-the-new-place.

Mama K

Wow, wanna come to my house? I'm not moving, but I sure could use some organization! :lol

LOL Oh Ann.....I would LOVE to escape and come visit you!

Beads aren't hard, truly! You should look up a video........

And nope, less privacy. He and I will sit in the same 'room' of the trailer. NO privacy any longer at all. Plus we share it with another program and are just separated by a doorway. Sigh.....oh well. I have a job. I'm helping kids.

I'm not good organizing myself but could probably help you!

Mama K

thank you all for the compliments on my totebag!:hug

I have lots of catching up to do on reading this thread to see everyones projects and the chatter.

I also have to figure out how to do the multiple quotes in a reply :think

Welcome!

You click on the icon on the bottom right of each person you want to respond to that looks like "" marks with the plus sign then you hit the big Quote icon. Enjoy!

Lots of chatter here, be ready!

Mama K

thank you all for the compliments on my totebag!:hug

I have lots of catching up to do on reading this thread to see everyones projects and the chatter.

I also have to figure out how to do the multiple quotes in a reply :think

Looked up the chunky chic hobo bag- very nice! What color are you going to use. And I see that Kuddles aka Mama K explained how to multi quote!

Welcome!

You click on the icon on the bottom right of each person you want to respond to that looks like "" marks with the plus sign then you hit the big Quote icon. Enjoy!

Mama K

I worked on the baby RR, the baby large granny and I felt like I needed to have some instant gratification so I started a washcloth for Ryan with I Love this Cotton.

Ann- The Bruins won their game today- it was a good one- and they return to Boston Wed night for game 7! They win- they proceed to round 2 in the playoffs, Lose, they go home!

I will be watching Harry's Law tonight!!! Originally I was going to watch the Yankee/Red Sox game, but thanks to the rain, it's cancelled!

Sue- Hope "Bird Day" went smoothly and you are now relaxing!!!!

Jana- How are you? Have you had any time to do some crocheting? Prayers continuing for Kerry!

Melani- Hope you had a good weekend? Any totes or anything else on your hooks?

Mona- Hope your day was a nice relaxing one.

tonya- Hope that the head cold didn't move into your chest. How are you feeling? Did you work all weekend?

Sherry- Still waiting to hear what it is you are going to make for YOU!:lol:devil

Have a good night EVERYONE!!!:hug

Welcome!

Mama K

thank you for the help on muti quoting:hook

Looked up the chunky chic hobo bag- very nice! What color are you going to use. And I see that Kuddles aka Mama K explained how to multi quote!

I worked on the baby RR, the baby large granny and I felt like I needed to have some instant gratification so I started a washcloth for Ryan with I Love this Cotton.

I am doing it in a cream colored cotton with espresso brown accent and lining then Ithink i may use bamboo handles but not sure on the handles

Awesome tote!

Welcome!

Mama K

Thanks for explaining it, I've tried to do that more than once. Guess the brain just didn't want to do all the steps. LOL Looks like I got it figured out!

I worked on the baby RR, the baby large granny and I felt like I needed to have some instant gratification so I started a washcloth for Ryan with I Love this Cotton. Glad you got to do something small, I do that sometimes just so I know I can finish something LOL

Sue- Hope "Bird Day" went smoothly and you are now relaxing!!!! Hope it went well for you.

Jana- How are you? Have you had any time to do some crocheting? Prayers continuing for Kerry! Keeping you and family in prayer.

Melani- Hope you had a good weekend? Any totes or anything else on your hooks? Hope you are doing well.

Mona- Hope your day was a nice relaxing one. Enjoy your day!

tonya- Hope that the head cold didn't move into your chest. How are you feeling? Did you work all weekend? Hope you're feeling better.

Sherry- Still waiting to hear what it is you are going to make for YOU!:lol:devil Well, It's a Maggie's pattern, "Shell Edged Jacket". Should work up fast, but we'll see. Things have gone rather slowly for me since I broke my toe.

Went to see if I could get my phone fixed but they said I could upgrade or take it somewhere else to get repaired (way across town), so I ending up getting a new phone--got an iphone and so far I love it. Have spent a lot of time setting up everything. Youngest DD met us while I was getting the phone and when we were done, she took us to lunch, and then we went looking a Nooks. She bought me a Nook Color for Mother's Day (early) and a late B-day present. So, I'm also trying to get that set up as well. I guess I should be set for all the latest gadgets :lol.

Well, I'm ready to go to bed--my brain is tired from all the new stuff I'm learning to do. Hope you all have a great night and a great week!

Hugs to all - Sherry (krafty19)

Good morning!

tonya- Don't know how I missed the post about the great news that you are going to be a Grandma!:clap Being a grandma is the best thing ever!:c9

Congrats on being a grandma!

Welcome dollylover!! Welcome! I'm pretty new here too and love it!:manyheart

Melani- Congrats on the "big" lottery winnings!!! I chucked out loud when I saw it was $3.00- that's about how much I've ever won.

Congrats on your lottery winnings I've never won anything more that $2 on a scratch my granny sent them on b-days and Christmas before she succumbed to cancer

Kuddles- I feel your "pain" about the dentist! did you take out a loan for the crown? :lol Unbelievable how expensive they are!

ugh I\v seriously needed to see a dentist for a year now I lost a filling and most of the tooth so can't chew on my right side or it gets compacted with what ever i eat even gum ugh must find a dentist:(

Ann- We finally got some rain- not a lot- but it DID rain (and it's not the weekend)---although they are predicting rain on the weekend. Part of me doesn't mind- because if it does, I'll be forced to stay inside and :crocheting which isn't a bad thing at all.

Sherry- Hope you've been able to catch up on some of your sleep!!!

HI hope you find a way to catch up on sleep:hug i'm a severe insomniac so i understand about not sleeping

Have a good day! :hug

Good morning!

Sue- Sorry to hear it was such a tough day yesterday:hug

Mama- Here's a few :hug:hug:hug for you too. Life can be a b....sometimes for sure!!!

Hugs for you life is being a b*atch for me right now too

Sherry- So what did you decide that you are going to make for YOU?

yes Sherry do tell what are you going to make just for YOU?:crocheting

I didn't get as much :crocheting done as I had wanted to yesterday! I'm hoping to rectify that today since I think we're finally going to have a rainy day here. We need it, so guess I may as well take advantage and stay in.

come to Vancouver we have lots of rainy days lol to stay in and hook :hook:crocheting

Good morning and thanks for all the hugs!

I'm bummed about a location move at work in June that will not be a good location. I'm trying to pull up my big girl panties and get over it but going from an office to sharing a dirty trailer, well doesn't sound like fun to me. I just need to process and then get over it.

Hugs to you this made me think of a quote, and tho your moving to a new location and from an office to a trailer, its one that helps me at times "When one door closes another one opens":hug:hug:hug

As promised I took a picture of my bag. Used cotton, did a drawstring and did a picot edging at the top. And one simple row of beads. I really like it!

very nice bags:cheer

Also been working on baby dresses in assorted cottons. Here they are. One I did the picot edging at the bottom, I think it really adds to it.

Super cute!

I plan on getting some work done at the house, packing some things and throwing away some things. Guess I better start working on the move!

Have a great day all,

Mama K

Awesome tote!

Thanks for explaining it, I've tried to do that more than once. Guess the brain just didn't want to do all the steps. LOL Looks like I got it figured out!

Went to see if I could get my phone fixed but they said I could upgrade or take it somewhere else to get repaired (way across town), so I ending up getting a new phone--got an iphone and so far I love it. Have spent a lot of time setting up everything. Youngest DD met us while I was getting the phone and when we were done, she took us to lunch, and then we went looking a Nooks. She bought me a Nook Color for Mother's Day (early) and a late B-day present. So, I'm also trying to get that set up as well. I guess I should be set for all the latest gadgets :lol.

oh no! you fell for the iphone craze lol no worries i did too for a few months then I found something much better IMO since the iphone doesn't let you have adobe at all or quickoffice for free I switched to the HTC Incredible S after my iphone 3gs and instead of having to lug my laptop anywhere to read patterns and books whether they be pdf or word docs I just put them on my Incredible and take them with me wherever i go I so love my phone! I am known for usually getting a new phone every year(phone Junkie!!) or more and this one I am so happy with when I look for a new one nothing is bertter than what I have

Well, I'm ready to go to bed--my brain is tired from all the new stuff I'm learning to do. Hope you all have a great night and a great week!

Good Morning,

hope you all have a great day

I hope mine goes well too I have a very important meeting today dealing with something that has got me in knots I still can't or rather don't want to believe but I know is true *sigh* it is 11 hours till the meeting so I got the coffee going and a movie on and soon my hook will be in my hand. Time for some therapeutic stitching:crocheting

Good morning!

Sherry- I have an iphone and I love it- and I also have a Nook- I have the Nook simple touch, but the Nook color is awesome. Enjoy your new gadgets!!!! That jacket is nice!

MsStitchWitch- Good luck at the important meeting today. I find crocheting to be therapeutic too!

Kuddles, Ann, Sue, Jana, tonya, Mona, and everyone- have a good Monday!

Good morning!

Another Monday......

I got a lot done yesterday packing up some stuff for my move in June. That felt good.

Lots to do at work so hopefully it will keep my mind off 'stuff'. I believe everything happens for a reason, we just don't know that reason at the time so yes MsStitchWitch, you may be quite right about the doors!

Time to get ready. Have a great day all!

Mama K

Good morning!

Another Monday......

I got a lot done yesterday packing up some stuff for my move in June. That felt good.

Lots to do at work so hopefully it will keep my mind off 'stuff'. I believe everything happens for a reason, we just don't know that reason at the time so yes MsStitchWitch, you may be quite right about the doors!

Mama K

ah yes another monday Mama K

I'm still chillin with my hook and coffee till its time to get ready to go to my meeting. I am very anxious about the whole thing and trying to keep a level head and not let my emotions flow crazy like they usually do(mental health issue i have that causes extreme feelings and emotions). I want to just vent the whole situation but I am holding back for now.

ok so i'm about half way through the rounds of my Chunky Chic Hobo bag and look forward to finishing it I'll pic up some material this week to line it and my Spring moss totebag:hook

I'm still chillin with my hook and coffee till its time to get ready to go to my meeting. I am very anxious about the whole thing and trying to keep a level head and not let my emotions flow crazy like they usually do(mental health issue i have that causes extreme feelings and emotions). I want to just vent the whole situation but I am holding back for now.

ok so i'm about half way through the rounds of my Chunky Chic Hobo bag and look forward to finishing it I'll pic up some material this week to line it and my Spring moss totebag:hook

Post a pic of the chunky chic when you are done.....I've eyed that pattern and thought of making one but would love to see yours before I commit.

Thanks,

Mama K

Mama, cute bag and baby dresses!

MsStitchWitch, your bag is so pretty! Great job!

Work went well. Pretty boring actually. Came home, showered, did my homework and WHAM! Migraine. I was in bed at 6:30 and stayed all night. :( So far so good this morning. I hope it stays away.

Happy Saturday! :)

:turtle:vheart

Post a pic of the chunky chic when you are done.....I've eyed that pattern and thought of making one but would love to see yours before I commit.

Thanks,

Mama K

oh for sure I will post a pic when I am done :hook

Thank you!

Work went well. Pretty boring actually. Came home, showered, did my homework and WHAM! Migraine. I was in bed at 6:30 and stayed all night. :( So far so good this morning. I hope it stays away.

:hug sure hope the migraine stays away they are nasty buggers

lol happy Saturday you scared me i had to check the calendar Mine says Monday

Sorry to hear about that nasty migraine!

Mama K

ok well my chunky chic hobo bag is on hold as i want different yarn something softer firm but not so stiff probably more of what i made my other bag from just in different colors.

yay! I got my Spring Moss bag loaded up for its first use as per the usual bag wares lol pus a bit o stuff to whip up a dishcloth if i'm sitting anywhere for a bit :crocheting

ok wish me luck I'm off to my meeting

Happy stitching :crocheting

Ann- The Bruins won their game today- it was a good one- and they return to Boston Wed night for game 7! They win- they proceed to round 2 in the playoffs, Lose, they go home!

Sue- Hope "Bird Day" went smoothly and you are now relaxing!!!!

tonya- Hope that the head cold didn't move into your chest. How are you feeling? Did you work all weekend? Its hanging on, i just have a nasty cough now. yep all weekend they asked about picking up tonight but i lucked out and some others picked it up. however since they finally got rid of the one co-worker I will have a bunch of overtime to pick up in the next few weeks.

Sherry- Still waiting to hear what it is you are going to make for YOU!:lol:devil

Yeah, whatcha gonna make?

hope everyone has a great rest of the day. I am thinking on starting something new, or maybe i should finish some stuff up. thininking of what to make kendra. she is already crocheting baby hats and asked me last night "what size are babies heads? so I know how big to make this thing." lol

Hi all! I worked on my blanket some last night and started another dishcloth. Slow, but sure, I'm going to get all those cloths done for my friend! :lol I'm having a really hard time concentrating though because I REALLY want to make a bag! It's been awhile and I think I need to get it out of my system! :hook Now what shall it be :think I only have about a billion patterns copied! :lol

Oooohhhh, fancy gadgets! Nice! I have a really old phone, but it gets me by. Of course, it doesn't do much of anything, lol! One of these days I'll upgrade. I'd love a Nook, but that's down the road too. Our biggest splurge was getting cordless phones this past week! :rofl

Good Morning,

hope you all have a great day

I hope mine goes well too I have a very important meeting today dealing with something that has got me in knots I still can't or rather don't want to believe but I know is true *sigh* it is 11 hours till the meeting so I got the coffee going and a movie on and soon my hook will be in my hand. Time for some therapeutic stitching:crocheting

Good luck! Hope your meeting goes well! :hug

Good morning!

Sherry- I have an iphone and I love it- and I also have a Nook- I have the Nook simple touch, but the Nook color is awesome. Enjoy your new gadgets!!!! That jacket is nice!

Kuddles, Ann, Sue, Jana, tonya, Mona, and everyone- have a good Monday!

My 12 yr old gs has an iphone, ipad, Nook, etc! :eek I'd have to ask him to help me set it up if I ever got one of them! :lol

Good morning!

Another Monday......

Mama K

:hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:hug Looking forward to seeing your Chunky Chic Hobo bag. I'm thinking of making that one!

UGH! Hope the migraine stays away! :hug

ok well my chunky chic hobo bag is on hold as i want different yarn something softer firm but not so stiff probably more of what i made my other bag from just in different colors.

yay! I got my Spring Moss bag loaded up for its first use as per the usual bag wares lol pus a bit o stuff to whip up a dishcloth if i'm sitting anywhere for a bit :crocheting

ok wish me luck I'm off to my meeting

Happy stitching :crocheting

Good luck!!!

Archived