crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

yup my yrn stares at me too saying 'hurry up and choose a pattern! I wanna bee something':rofl:rofl:rofl

The afghan I am doing is a lionbrand homespun pattern called Domestic bliss but today i am doing this bag

I have no plans till the weekend there is a pancake breakfast & the 100th annual May Day parade on Saturday and Sunday a mother's day brunch my dd and I will be going to which my dd has been attending gosh for half her years now, she usually goes with friends but this year she kindly told me we are going :c9:dance

Happy Stitching:crocheting:hook

Thanks for the link, I need a new clothespin bag! I checked out the afghan too and I LOVE it! Hope you have a great time this weekend. It sounds like fun! I'm not sure if I'm seeing my kids/grandkids or not. Last year the DIL's decided that they wanted to stay home and enjoy "their" Mother's Day, so I didn't see anyone. I understand, they deserve it, but I sure did miss everyone.

yup my yrn stares at me too saying 'hurry up and choose a pattern! I wanna bee something':rofl:rofl:rofl

hmmmm....my yarn does that to me as well..... I have several skens of sock yarn staring a me now, lol. And the yarn stash in the bedroom has probably given up hope that it will be anything more than the ball or skein it currently is. :devil

Yes I admit it, my name is Valerie and I am a yarn/pattern addict!

:lol My problem is that I have stashes in almost every room calling out to me! :lol

Good morning!

Since inquiring minds want to know, I bought 5 skeins of Queensland Rustic Wool DK yarn at the LYS.

Good luck at the Rheumy appt today Ann!

Cute bag, MsStitchWitch!!

Kuddles, Sue, Melani, Mona, Evelyn, and everyone- have a good Tuesday!

Ooohhh, I looked up the Queensland yarn and it looks beautiful! Such yummy colors! I sure do wish I wasn't allergic to wool! :( My Rheumy appt went well. We think we figured out some of my latest problems. He thinks that my levels of the med he's been giving me have become toxic (the bi-weekly shots), so we're reducing the dosage, then when we get my levels straightened out hopefully I'll be able to go less often too. Fingers crossed that my kidneys haven't been affected. My blood work always comes back clean, so that doesn't tell us much. I'm so weird, lol! We'll know more if the sores, pain, etc lessen.

Proud yarn and pattern addict:hook:c9

happy Tuesday everyone!:)

got an FO to share:hook very easy and quick lil bag and I embellished it with a couple roses (I may change the placement of them tho)

I am hitting a roadblock all the cotton(except the cream) I have left is variegated and bright colors that I would use for kitchen and bath stuff and i have so many bags I want to do:( and pay day is a few weeks away and i spent my fun money on my Spring moss tote for my Birthday ...whats a girl to do i'm not in the mood to work on the blankets ...I have totes, bags and purses oh my! on the brain its a one track mind

ok so I just rambled on there hope you all have a Happy Tuesday!

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Love the bag! I've printed out the pattern and plan on making one soon! You should try using your varigated for a bag. They make some very pretty ones! I bet you'd be surprised!

Good morning!

Sure am tired from trying to get things packed while keeping Baby K going with school work and well, life!

For those of you around when I complained.....er told you about my boss and I being moved into a trailer from our nice offices, today is the day we go see the new area. I expect my boss to put up quite a fuss. Neither of us are happy about the move but oh well. I have a job.....i have a job.....i have a job......

Ann, good luck on your appt and to everyone else, have a good day!

Mama K

Good luck Mama! :hug See above on how my appt went...

Mama K - hope things go well today. We got through Monday, now on to Tuesday:) I still haven't met my new boss, talked to him a couple of times on the phone.

Everyone have a great day!! Hugs to all.

Ok, I know I've been out of it, but you got a new boss :think Good luck with that :hug (maybe my memory will come back soon! :lol)

Busy day yesterday, but I did get a little crocheting in. Going to the dentist, library, W-M, and grocery store today. Also need to find some pants for a reception Thurs...I hate clothes shopping.

Hope everyone has a good day! Prayers and hugs to all!

Whew! Good luck on your busy day! Hope you have good luck finding the pants you need too. :hug

:hi everyone!

Just popping in to say hello and I hope everyone has a great day!

Melanie, that bag is very cute!! You know, even bright variegated cottons make cute bags... :wink

I'm off to see what kind of trouble I can stay out of today... bwahahahaha!! :rofl

:hug

Now what kind of fun is that! :devil

:hi Hi Everyone and Good Morning!!! I see this thread has been busy this morning...

I am soooo jealous of all of you who are crocheting and showing off these cute bags. It seems I bit off more than I could chew when I decided to go back and finish this degree. All I have time for anymore is school. Oh well, I got my WWII History test completed and now I have one to take in my Sociology class this week. :sigh

My kitchen is coming along. Cabinets are all hung. Today dh is going to cut out the hole for the sink in the new countertop and attach the countertops and, hopefully, stain the cabinets this beautiful light silvery blue stain I picked out. If he gets all that done today and gets everything sealed we may get to start the backsplash tomorrow. I wish it were summer already. Then at least we would have three months off of work to finish these projects quicker!

Well, my dear sweet granddaughter just woke up and Mommy isn't home from work yet, so I guess I will go get some snuggles. Have a great day everyone!!!

You're doing something wonderful by finishing your degree! Hang in there! :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I'm home!!! Got in around noon- and unpacked, showered, laundry is on. Running to the grocery to stock up on some fruit (we have one lonely orange here)

BBL!!!!

Christie, you'll have time again one day for crochet, it will still be there when you are ready! Crochet loves unconditionally!

Hi back at ya Melanie!

Mama K

Thanks for the link, I need a new clothespin bag! I checked out the afghan too and I LOVE it! Hope you have a great time this weekend. It sounds like fun! I'm not sure if I'm seeing my kids/grandkids or not. Last year the DIL's decided that they wanted to stay home and enjoy "their" Mother's Day, so I didn't see anyone. I understand, they deserve it, but I sure did miss everyone.

Thank you I'm sure it will be fun the whole month of may is a festival in that municipality tons of things going on but the parade it the one thing my dd has gone to every year since she was 10 and she is 20 in june!

:lol My problem is that I have stashes in almost every room calling out to me! :lol

I dream of stashes in every nook and cranny but usually I only have a good stock of kitchen cotton and yarn designated or bought for certain projects unless they change my mind :rofl:rofl:rofl

My Rheumy appt went well. We think we figured out some of my latest problems. He thinks that my levels of the med he's been giving me have become toxic (the bi-weekly shots), so we're reducing the dosage, then when we get my levels straightened out hopefully I'll be able to go less often too. Fingers crossed that my kidneys haven't been affected. My blood work always comes back clean, so that doesn't tell us much. I'm so weird, lol! We'll know more if the sores, pain, etc lessen.

So glad the Rheumy appt went well

Love the bag! I've printed out the pattern and plan on making one soon! You should try using your varigated for a bag. They make some very pretty ones! I bet you'd be surprised!

Thank you! it works up quickly. I went through both loops on the base of the bag and didn't understand how to do the 1st row of the body to get the ridge so I didn't do it and at the top of the bag I did 2 more rounds of hdc

Crochet loves unconditionally!

[/b] I love that!

Mama K

well I will try to use my variegated and hope I will be surprised black just goes with everything and I do love my black for clothes bags shoes anything I wear black white red and deep purple that is it but red and purple is very rare usually i'm in all black unless of course its a blue jeans day:rofl:rofl:rofl

ok so i'm grabbing my coffee and going to try and pic a pattern and yarn lol!

Happy Tuesday

Hey Ann, we must have been posting around the same time cause didn't see your post!

Glad to hear you are trying to figure it out! Toxic! :eek

Went to the trailer today and my boss voiced his opinion (not enough space, smells funny, no privacy, what about mtgs with parents etc) and I was the one that stayed positive and made suggestions how it might work. Found out later my good attitude was noticed by the big wigs so....good for me!

Baby K and I walked when we got home and after checking homework. I'm very tired now, woke up at 2 am worrying about the trailer mtg today. I should sleep good tonite!

Hugs all around to those that need them....and even if you don't, you are gonna get one anyway! :hug:hug

Sending up lots of :manyheart and :hug to my girl Sue who is taking a break.

Have a good nite all!

Mama K

Good evening everyone

this overtime that I have picked up is killing me. I am exhausted I worked the last 4 nights and have 2 more to go this week yet and when i was leaving work I was asked to pick up tonight's shift. I kind of gave a no way in .... in a nice way.

I received the official word, I am now a Michigan Wolverine. I was accepted to U of M to complete my RN-BSN.

kuddles I am almost finished with the baby blanket i have the edge to do which hopefully i will finish tomorrow.

Ann hope you are feeling better soon.

Sue :hug

and everyone else I miss posting here all the time i do read some at work while on break, but my connection is not the best hopefully my schedule will even out soon

Ann glad to hear that the dr may have something figured out for you. Toxic :eek Keep us posted on how reducing the meds works. Yes, I will have a new boss the first of June. Hopefully we will get to meet and talk before June 1.

Mama K - glad it went well and that you stayed positive about things.

Joanne - glad you had a good time and got back safe and sound. Hope the lonely orange now has some healthy company.

Started my project last night (with the yarn I got from my bday present money), should go fairly fast. Worked on it some tonight but not too long as I had a meeting after work. Hopefully I can get the picture of the tote I made done tomorrow and get it posted.

Hope all had a good evening and hugs to all!

Ugh You know that moment when you're working on a project that took you forever to decide on a bag pattern that you could start and finish in a day and the yarn from your stash and its looking really good and you get excited how good it looks and are already planning its first outing and matching attire? and then it happens...:( you start to realize that there is not as much yarn left in the skein and your going to run out before finishing it and nothing else in your stash would work and panic sets in you wanna rob peter to pay paul and go buy the yarn needed to finish it for its intended first outing(Mother's day weekend with your dd) but then you remember you bought the colorway 2 years ago so further panic because your only 4 rounds plus the strap away from completion:( :(:( so there you have it .

I never saw the colorway in michael's when i was there last :(:(:( so hopefully i will find it at Zellers or walmart which is where I bought it

Pattern ~ Lionbrand's Golightly Tote

Yarn ~ handicrafter cotton 'swimming pool' & Vanna's Choice Baby 'Angel White

the tote is made by holding both 2 strands together and it looks perfect for spring/summer

post-59918-135897757815_thumb.jpg

post-59918-135897757817_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Melanie- Love that colorway- hope you find what you need to finish it!!!

tonya- Congrats!!!! :clap When will you begin your classes? Summer or fall? I can only imagine how tired you are with all that overtime! Good for you turning a shift down!

Sherry, Kuddles, Ann, Evelyn, Mona, Sue, and everyone----Make it a good day:hug

Stopping by to see my GS after work and deliver his new shades that I picked up in Beantown! Of course, it's pouring rain out today- not the type of day you need to wear sunglasses!:lol

I will start in the fall. I have a ton of paper work to fill out before classes start. I feel much better this morning after sleeping through the night.i plan on working on the baby blanket and lining my tote.

Good morning!

Hugs to you Tonya!!!

Sherry, thanks!

Melanie, yeah I hate it when that happens!

Joanne, woot to a good day!

Anne, take care sweetie!

Sue, love ya!

Mama K

Good Morning Ladies,

I am finishing up yet another tote, something told me not to start that last one... now I can't stop again, lol. I have been working on the rr at least...only a couple of sections left to go on it. just finishing up the handles on the current sbt then pics. I have a couple of projects I am thinking about, and I saw a pic for another afghan on red heart this am. I have made it before, but love the colors they used....so here I go again...off on another detour...:devil

Good morning!

Melanie- Love that colorway- hope you find what you need to finish it!!!

Thank you! the pics do not do it justice either, I hope I can find some

Stopping by to see my GS after work and deliver his new shades that I picked up in Beantown! Of course, it's pouring rain out today- not the type of day you need to wear sunglasses!:lol

Oh I bet your GS will just love his new shades!

I will start in the fall. I have a ton of paper work to fill out before classes start. I feel much better this morning after sleeping through the night.i plan on working on the baby blanket and lining my tote.

What courses are you taking in the fall? i look forward to seeing you baby blanket and tote when they are done:hook

Good morning!

Melanie, yeah I hate it when that happens!

I may go hunting today in the stores:hook

Mama K

Good Morning Ladies,

I am finishing up yet another tote, something told me not to start that last one... now I can't stop again, lol. I have been working on the rr at least...only a couple of sections left to go on it. just finishing up the handles on the current sbt then pics. I have a couple of projects I am thinking about, and I saw a pic for another afghan on red heart this am. I have made it before, but love the colors they used....so here I go again...off on another detour...:devil

oh I know all about the tote addiction since i couldn't finish the one i started yesterday due to running out of yarn right near the end:eek I started another :rofl:rofl:rofl using the same pattern but only single strand and smaller hook and i'm just about half way:hook

cheers to a great day! smile it will make people wonder what your up to and its contagious:D:D:D it's only 6am and the sun is shining already:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hugs to you all

Happy Stitching:crocheting I'll be back later with pics of the second bag

Good morning, everyone! I'm looking forward to a slower day today. I was supposed to go to a meeting this afternoon but I've decided to skip it and have some me/catch up time. I hope to get started on straightening up the pantry.

I didn't find the pants I'd hoped to yesterday, but did get a nice springy/summer top that I'll wear with some black pants I already have.

Good luck with finding more yarn, Melanie. It's really a pain when you run short.

Hope everyone has a good day!

cheers to a great day! smile it will make people wonder what your up to and its contagious:D:D:D it's only 6am and the sun is shining already:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hugs to you all

Happy Stitching:crocheting I'll be back later with pics of the second bag

LOl, when I made these totes before, I made 7 before I allowed my other projects to take over, hehe. Not sure where it will end this time, but I know I am going to start the afghan as soon as I finish with this tote. It's a compulsion, I have no choice....must make the blanket. :devil

it's very frustrating to run out of a specific color of yarn, when you can just add something else to it. I guess you could. but I don't like doing that.

Hi all ~

It has been a few weeks since I last checked in. You all have been busy. I've eyed all the eye candy and loved everything I've seen. Everyone here does such great work!

School has ended (only one class, but that is enough for me). Ended with a 97 average!! Now to figure out what to take next fall. Something in the criminology degree field. These classes are so much fun! Oh, and congrats Tonya for getting accepted intothe RN program!!

As for my DIL Keri, well, she has been in and out the hospital since the last I posted. Mostly in and that is where she is at today. When she is released, she will be send home under the care of hospice. Her body is not strong enough to handle the chemo treatments. The doctors did say that if her body strengthens, then she could resume the chemo. We can only pray right now that this will happen. But is it truly all in God's hands and His will, not mine.

Crochet wise? I am still working on an afghan for a wedding gift - the wedding was in February. Yes, slow as a turtle lately. lol And I have a scrap ghan on the hook too. When Sue and I went shopping last, she helped me pick out some pretty colors for a couple SBTs. I think these will have to be done soon. I need a quick project to make it feel like something has been accomplished.

Must get back to work before I get caught. Hugs to all!!!

Sbt finished! Just love how quickly they come together. This one is loops and threads impeccable black and some yarn I found on ebay. It looks like yarn bee diva sequin (istanbul colorway?) minus the sequins. the auction description said bernat mosaic.. but the fibers look different to me and I don't see this color way as an option for mosaic.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs346.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp403%2Fmva549308%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DSDC10015.jpg

Sbt finished! Just love how quickly they come together. This one is loops and threads impeccable black and some yarn I found on ebay. It looks like yarn bee diva sequin (istanbul colorway?) minus the sequins. the auction description said bernat mosaic.. but the fibers look different to me and I don't see this color way as an option for mosaic.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=SDC10018.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs346.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp403%2Fmva549308%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DSDC10015.jpg

Beautiful work! Great job!

Hi all,

Val- They are beautiful!!!

I'm itching to start a bag- but must finish the one I made in wool. Need to do handles and then felt it. Maybe this weekend will be the time!

Had a rough day back to work today. Never did get caught up from being out, but had a fun time visiting my GS!! He looked so cute in his shades!

Jana- I'll keep Keri in my prayers. Congrats on the grade!! WTG!!!! That's awesome!!!!!

See you all in the AM!

Hi all,

Val- They are beautiful!!!

I'm itching to start a bag- but must finish the one I made in wool. Need to do handles and then felt it. Maybe this weekend will be the time!

Had a rough day back to work today. Never did get caught up from being out, but had a fun time visiting my GS!! He looked so cute in his shades!

Jana- I'll keep Keri in my prayers. Congrats on the grade!! WTG!!!! That's awesome!!!!!

See you all in the AM!

Thank you, I have been thinking about giving felting a try, just trying to finish a few projects and use up a little bit of stash first. Cant buy wool until some acrylic disappears.

Hi All! Don't want you to worry about me and the word "toxic". It just means that I went a little too much over the max for my body. Everything was going well, but since I've only been able to take in 0/1 of my 4 cans of nutrition a day and I'm losing weight again it makes sense that this happened. It will take a couple of weeks for my body to adjust. It's not so happy right now, lol! Thanks for caring so much. I know this thread isn't for this, so I appreciate the support. I promise totes soon! :D

Tonya, congrats!!! And WOW, the blanket you made is fantastic!!! :clap

Melanie, LOVE the tote! :cheer

Sherry, hope you’re having a good day! :hug

Valerie, I know what you mean about detours. I saw another afghan this morning that I’d love to make! UGH, just what I need, another project, :lol. And the SBT is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I definitely have to make another one soon! :hook

Jana, congrats on your 97 avg!!! WOOT!!! Also, prayers continue for Keri…:hug:hug:hug

Joanne, I bet your gs was adorable in his shades!!!

Mama K, hope the packing/moving is going well!

Archived