crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

What perfect weather..to help my daughters friend move..not exactly a relaxing weekend and since I'm always the one driving I didn't get any hook time in. Hope to do some tonight.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Back to Paradise today-Do I have to????:lol:lol:lol Guess that's a rhetorical question.....

Good luck with procedures, Ann!!!

Mary- Hope you get some relaxation in- moving is not fun- just ask Kuddles:hug

Sherry- Any word on what is wrong with your van?

Christie, Melanie, Melani, Sue, tonya, and everyone-:hi

Morning! I'm almost.....almost....glad to be going back to work! To get some rest! Got tons of reports to enter into the database so I should have carpal tunnel before the day is over!

I'm going to pick up Baby K after school instead of having her go to aftercare. She will come back to my work so she can see some of her buddies (she's visited many times and feels close to a few teachers) before I move to the trailer over the summer. She is excited!

So glad the temps are back down! Two Chicago records broken this weekend, 97 on Sunday and 95 on Monday!

Joanne, enjoy your day? Come on girl, you CAN do it! Woot!

Everyone have a great day! Hugs to all!

Mama K

Good Morning all, just a quick hello. DD will be the taxi driver for me now that my van isn't working. Will see if I can get it towed today to the mechanics and hopefully they can see what's wrong with it.

Hope you all had a great and safe Memorial Day.

Have a great day!

Good Morning all, just a quick hello. DD will be the taxi driver for me now that my van isn't working. Will see if I can get it towed today to the mechanics and hopefully they can see what's wrong with it.

Have a great day!

Good luck with the van!

Mama K

Hi all

Still hot as Hades here! Hoping the temps cool down a bit and SOON!!! Thank goodness for AC though!

Made it through the busy day- and now just chillin in the AC!!!

Hope the van is fixable without breaking the bank, Sherry!

A friend from work surprised me with a Devils Eastern Conference Champs shirt today- Made my day!!! WooT!!

Joanne - congrats on the shirt!!! Woot!!!

Mama K - hope it's cooling done there. It was 95 here today and now we have the wonderful thunderstorms (that come with hail, high winds, and maybe a tornado :eek).

Got the van in to the mechanic. He called and said he thinks it's the battery but will know more tomorrow. I'm hoping that's all it is, won't be nearly as expensive!!

Well, I'd better go back and watch the weather--they have preempted all the tv shows on regular tv with storm chasing but at least I'll know if it's coming my way.

Have a great evening all!

Had a wonderful time at the bar-b-que- it was a bit hot outside- so spent some of it indoors in the AC My middle DD and her BF were also there so it was good to see 2 of my 3 daughters! Ryan was so cute and was in a wading pool when we arrived.

All in all, it was just simply a great, relaxing day!!!!

So glad you enjoyed yourself!!! :D

What perfect weather..to help my daughters friend move..not exactly a relaxing weekend and since I'm always the one driving I didn't get any hook time in. Hope to do some tonight.

Hope you got some :hook time!!!

Christie, Melanie, Melani, Sue, tonya, and everyone-:hi

:hi

Morning! I'm almost.....almost....glad to be going back to work! To get some rest! Got tons of reports to enter into the database so I should have carpal tunnel before the day is over!

I'm going to pick up Baby K after school instead of having her go to aftercare. She will come back to my work so she can see some of her buddies (she's visited many times and feels close to a few teachers) before I move to the trailer over the summer. She is excited!

So glad the temps are back down! Two Chicago records broken this weekend, 97 on Sunday and 95 on Monday!

Joanne, enjoy your day? Come on girl, you CAN do it! Woot!

Everyone have a great day! Hugs to all!

Mama K

Take care of those wrists!

Hope Baby K enjoyed her visit!

:yay for lower temperatures!!!

:hug

Have a great day!

:yuck I hate car repairs. I hope yours is easy and inexpensive. Good luck! :hug

A friend from work surprised me with a Devils Eastern Conference Champs shirt today- Made my day!!! WooT!!

Woot!!! :D

It was 95 here today and now we have the wonderful thunderstorms (that come with hail, high winds, and maybe a tornado :eek).

Got the van in to the mechanic. He called and said he thinks it's the battery but will know more tomorrow. I'm hoping that's all it is, won't be nearly as expensive!!

Well, I'd better go back and watch the weather--they have preempted all the tv shows on regular tv with storm chasing but at least I'll know if it's coming my way.

Have a great evening all!

Got some rain, thunder, and lightning here but nothing really bad. They got grapefruit size hail about twelve miles south of us though. Hope you dodged the bullet too. Stay safe!

Oh, :xfin for your van - Good luck! :hug

Got some rain, thunder, and lightning here but nothing really bad. They got grapefruit size hail about twelve miles south of us though. Hope you dodged the bullet too. Stay safe! :hug

:eek Hail the size of Grapefruits?? Wouldn't that be called bombs or something?? :eek Sounds absolutely freaky! I hope everyone has extra tough roofs on their houses (and cars and hats) out there - YIKES!!

Good morning!

Hope all in the wake of storms were safe last night! Can't imagine hail the size of grapefruit!!!!

Got a little rain, but still way too humid out there for my liking! TG for AC!!!

Thinking of you Ann- and hoping procedures went well!

Edit to add: GO DEVILS!!!!! Heading to DD's after work so we can watch the 1st game of the Stanley Cup Finals together!!! :cheer

We got lots of wind, very large hail (tennis ball size at my house, baseball size north of us), and lots of lightning. They even sounded the tornado siren, had to wake up DH. The tornado was north of us and I don't think it was down on the ground long, so not much damage from that. The hail though in Edmond was horrible. Hailed for over 30 minutes and most of the cars in the dealerships have lots of hail damage. And we are in for more most of the afternoon and night.

I'm hoping we have electric at work, if not, there's no payday today which will make some people very unhappy.

Gotta go and get ready for work--one good thing, my van was inside the shop!!!! Yea!!!

Have a great day all--hugs to all!

Good morning!

Oh my, so much weather! Yes our temps went down into the upper 80s yesterday, and today will only reach the upper 60s! So Joanne, nicer temps heading your way!

Sherry/Christie - you all safe now? Hope the storms are done!

Christie.......Baby K was in heaven coming to my work yesterday! She got lots of hugs and several goodies! They had treats in for the last day and of course, I allowed her a few! So spoiled! But when you are kid, you get to be spoiled, yes?

Sherry, yippee van in the shop! Next up, it will be fixed and not cost a ton of money!

Well, to all my peeps, have a good day!

Mama K

TS Beryl is finally gone. No damage around here, but got much needed rain. Still no where near enough. Unfortunately one person died. An 18 yo boy went swimming in the ocean and got swept out. Found his body a few miles north of where he went in. They said he wasn't a strong swimmer...what was he doing out there? Such a tragic waste. :(

Today is my one day off. I have to take a test this afternoon, but besides that (and Walmart) I'm going to be a bum. :)

I hope everyone is safe and sound...well, at least safe. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Today is my one day off. I have to take a test this afternoon, but besides that (and Walmart) I'm going to be a bum. :)

I hope everyone is safe and sound...well, at least safe. :lol

Its my day off also, and I am planning on being the biggest bum today. I will be crocheting sometime after i get some sleep today

good morning all. looks like a nice day here, lots of rain yesterday so a bit cooler weather today. Gotta get out and walk before it gets too hot. (lower 80 today then cooler weather for the rest of the week can't wait). Working on two afghans (I don't know why I do this to myself, I donated one for each family reunion, one in July one in August) trying to get them done before super hot weather sets in....no fun with a hot afghan on your lap in the middle of summer!! and I still need to get going on my project for the fair (last week of July). Never entered the fair before, so this is gonna be a first for me. I want to do the blue star afghan (herschnerrs blue ribbon afgans) in shades of green. Again taking on too much, but I guess I wouldn't be me if I played it safe lol. be back later to check in and post a pic of current progress on what I am calling my tron blanket (lots of black and shades of blue).

Happy stitching

:hi everyone!

I didn't get to see the huge hail myself, just heard about it on the news, but I agree it would be like a bomb! Can you imagine being hit in the head by something that size?!? :eek

Sherry, I'm so glad your van was safely inside the shop when the storms hit. Hope they get it fixed soon and CHEAP!

Kuddles, I'm glad Baby K had such a good time. I used to go to work with my mom when I was a kid and I absolutely adored the people who worked for her. It was always such fun and made me feel special.

:hug :hug :hug for everyone! Hope you are all having a fabulous hump day! Tomorrow is our last day of school and my last day of work until late August. I am sooooooo excited!!! :lol

Hi and so jealous of Christie and her last day!! Now why did I become a nurse and not a teacher???? LOL

Sue and tonya- Hope you enjoyed being the biggest bums you could be today-- you sure work hard enough!!!

Kuddles, Ann, Val, Sherry- and everyone- sending good thoughts your way---now it's off to DD's house to watch the Devils hockey game!! Go Devils!!!

Hi All! Not gonna say much,cause I probably won't make much sense, lol! Had my tube changed today, but they also removed some granulated tissue so they gave me some "happy" meds! :lol Making me very sleepy. Just wanted to check in. Crazy weather, huh? Stay safe everyone! :hug

Now why did I become a nurse and not a teacher???? nursing pays better? and if your a floor nurse 3 days a week kinda rocks lol

Sue and tonya- Hope you enjoyed being the biggest bums you could be today-- you sure work hard enough!!!

I slept until noon and then after playing on the comp. for a bit I picked up keldon from school and we hit joanns and target. found some baby yarn on clearance and some fabric and made my bank account a bit smaller :P

today would have been my FIL's 68th Bday. we celebrated with his favorite snack saltines with peanut butter and pickles. and a nice drink. the whole family toasted him at 705 tonight drink in hand from wherever we were. fyi seagrams lime melonade is very tasty :D

ann hope you are feeling better soon. and get some sleep while you can pretty soon you will be back to those crazy awake times again

:(Ann - Hope you get better soon.

Joanne - enjoy the game!

Mama K - yes, babies are to be spoiled--just ask my two GS!! LOL

Sue - hope you had a great "bum" day. Glad you didn't get damage from the TS Beryl. It's sad that a young life was lost, sometimes I think they think nothing can happen to them.

Good news on the van - it was the battery and got the oil changed while they had it!! WOOT!! :clap

Bad news is another round of storms is headed our way--from the north and the south--we'll be caught in the middle again. Lots of wind and hail again. The church I work at has windows broken out from the hail last night :(

Have a great evening all!!

Hi All! Not gonna say much,cause I probably won't make much sense, lol! Had my tube changed today, but they also removed some granulated tissue so they gave me some "happy" meds! :lol Making me very sleepy. Just wanted to check in. Crazy weather, huh? Stay safe everyone! :hug
Hope that things will go well now that some tissue has been removed and tube replaced. Thanks for checking in- I was thinking about you!:hug

I slept until noon and then after playing on the comp. for a bit I picked up keldon from school and we hit joanns and target. found some baby yarn on clearance and some fabric and made my bank account a bit smaller :P

today would have been my FIL's 68th Bday. we celebrated with his favorite snack saltines with peanut butter and pickles. and a nice drink. the whole family toasted him at 705 tonight drink in hand from wherever we were. fyi seagrams lime melonade is very tasty :D

ann hope you are feeling better soon. and get some sleep while you can pretty soon you will be back to those crazy awake times again

Sounds like a good day off! Oh, and that nurse thing about working 3 12 hour shifts is great--that's what my DD works. i, on the other hand, working in insurance now, work 5 8 hour days that are more often than not 9.5 hour days! :(

:(Ann - Hope you get better soon.

Joanne - enjoy the game!

Sue - hope you had a great "bum" day. Glad you didn't get damage from the TS Beryl. It's sad that a young life was lost, sometimes I think they think nothing can happen to them.

Good news on the van - it was the battery and got the oil changed while they had it!! WOOT!! :clap

Bad news is another round of storms is headed our way--from the north and the south--we'll be caught in the middle again. Lots of wind and hail again. The church I work at has windows broken out from the hail last night :(

Hope that the storms didn't hit you--but that's great that the van is all fixed- and minor things at that!

My Devils lost last night in overtime 2-1. Only game 1 of the best of 7 so hoping for a win on Saturday night when they play again.

Busy, busy day on tap in Paradise- meetings all day---will be happy to come home and do some mindless crocheting!!:hook

Hugs to all

:hug:hug to you honey!

Sounds fun on the shopping and how cool about the toasting!

Yup she is completely spoiled!

Woot on the van news!

Ugh on the storm news! Stay safe!

My Devils lost last night in overtime 2-1. Only game 1 of the best of 7 so hoping for a win on Saturday night when they play again.

Busy, busy day on tap in Paradise- meetings all day---will be happy to come home and do some mindless crocheting!!:hook

Hugs to all

Sorry about your devils! And about all the meetings but yes, mindless crochet tonite!!

For us, we are almost 'there'! I will be SO glad when the move is over, so we can get back into a more normal schedule!

Have a great day all! (Hi Sue!)

Mama K

Wasn't much of a bum. Went to Walmart, shoe store and pet store (needed worms). Then had lunch with Bruce before he went to work. Then I did some clean up in the house and my test...2 hour test! By the time I got to sit down it was 4pm. Made an EdgeryDoo afghan and started a circular one. Next thing I know it's almost 9:30 and Bruce is home.

Tonya, I saw your FB post about your snack and thought WTH? Now I remember! :lol

Ann, enjoy your happy meds. :hug

:hug to all!

Archived