crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

My DD was working in DC when it hit and lives in VA. she said it was really scarey, but is ok and hopefully her apt is also. she hasn't made it home yet.

Glad to hear that dd is alright and :xfin her apt is as well :hug :hug :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Checking in to make sure everyone's alright after the earthquake in Virginia today???? I'm not sure if we have any from there or if anyone felt it, but just checking. We felt it here in Philly and I had no clue what it was until someone else told me about an hour and a half later :think:blush I hope everyone is well :hug

I was at work when it hit. I work just outside dc. It was kind of scary not knowing what was happening! We were told to go home if we had our stuff with us, since they didn't know when we would be let back in the building. People were going back in, at their own risk, to get their personal stuff so they could leave. I made safely home in record time.

I was at work when it hit. I work just outside dc. It was kind of scary not knowing what was happening! We were told to go home if we had our stuff with us, since they didn't know when we would be let back in the building. People were going back in, at their own risk, to get their personal stuff so they could leave. I made safely home in record time.

:hug Glad to hear you made it home safely and in record time :hug

Hey there friends................

quick note from Jana........

Biopsy results are NEGATIVE!!! Keri's surgery is scheduled for Sept 2nd !!

Jana wants to thank you all for your love and prayers! God is so Good!

She'll pop on later to give more details.:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

have a terrific tuesday.

:heart

:mug

Wonderful news!!!

I felt the earthquake at work- it was so strange--felt like someone was shaking my chair- and I felt dizzy and lightheaded. Very weird. I left the building- even though they didn't announce an evacuation at work- I was not taking any chances!!! Went back in after about 15-20 minutes- and got a text from my DD in Boston- she felt it there too-.

Glad to hear from some of you who were closer to the epicenter that all is ok.

Now off to make dinner!

I felt the earthquake at work- it was so strange--felt like someone was shaking my chair- and I felt dizzy and lightheaded. Very weird. I left the building- even though they didn't announce an evacuation at work- I was not taking any chances!!! Went back in after about 15-20 minutes- and got a text from my DD in Boston- she felt it there too-.

Now off to make dinner!

Yippee you are safe!

kuddles

Well tonite is 1st grade eve......picked up a frozen pizza (doesn't happen often) and allowed her to pick out some cookies (she picked choc chip but the chips are mini m&ms) and now she is watching Electric Company, her favorite show! She doesn't seem nervous! I am!! Her little friend said 'see you tomorrow' - so far so good! Wish they started earlier tomorrow, but it isn't till 10! Yikes! Plenty of time for nervousness....for me not her!

We are going to go for a walk after the show so if I don't make it back here, have a good nite all!

Mama Kuddles

Hi Everyone! Had a busy day. Started out with a dr's appt, then a trip to the PO to mail some friendship sqs and a box to Tam. Then a trip to the pharmacy to get yet two new prescriptions to add to the many I'm on.:( Came home and napped the afternoon away. When I woke up DH told me I slept thru an earthquake! :eek I thought he was kidding for a few minutes! I'm so glad to read that those of you closer to the epicenter are safe! :hug

Joanne, hope your arm is feeling better tonight. Glad that you were able to get some hooking time in last night! The fall weather does seem to be here! I was sitting outside with an afghan wrapped around me! :lol

Mama K, hope you can get some rest tonight. Good luck to DD (and you) tomorrow! :hug

Christie, :hughope the adjustment goes well for your little one and you!

Tam, a package is on the way! Thanks for letting us know about Keri. That's wonderful news!

Hugs to everyone! I'm sorry I'm not responding to everyone personnally tonight, I just don't have it in me today. Love ya though! :hug

Glad all are safe that were in the area of the quakes. We've had a lot of them here in Oklahoma--really weird, felt like a big truck slammed into the building. Not a feeling I like.

Spent the entire evening at football practice. It's from 6:30 to 8, and by the time I missed my exit (they are redoing the crosstown), I had to drive through downtown OKC, It was 8:45 by the time I got the boys home. I have a headache, one coach thinks the only way to talk is to scream at them. I have a feeling most of Monday, Tuesday, Thursand and maybe Friday evenings will be spent this way until November.

Hope all of you are doing well. I think I'm going to go and sit in my recliner for a while and just relax. Everyone have a great evening!

Hi Everyone! Had a busy day. Started out with a dr's appt, then a trip to the PO to mail some friendship sqs and a box to Tam. Then a trip to the pharmacy to get yet two new prescriptions to add to the many I'm on.:( Came home and napped the afternoon away. When I woke up DH told me I slept thru an earthquake! :eek I thought he was kidding for a few minutes! I'm so glad to read that those of you closer to the epicenter are safe! :hug

Joanne, hope your arm is feeling better tonight. Glad that you were able to get some hooking time in last night! The fall weather does seem to be here! I was sitting outside with an afghan wrapped around me! :lol

Mama K, hope you can get some rest tonight. Good luck to DD (and you) tomorrow! :hug

Christie, :hughope the adjustment goes well for your little one and you!

Tam, a package is on the way! Thanks for letting us know about Keri. That's wonderful news!

Hugs to everyone! I'm sorry I'm not responding to everyone personnally tonight, I just don't have it in me today. Love ya though! :hug

Im glad Im not the only one who sleeps thru an earthquake, The one I slept thro cratered 2 houses, everybody got out but they lost their homes and didnt have insurance, you have to buy a earthquke insurance here.

We live on the hurricane fault, but I dont have the insurance. Their are small earthquakes around us but alot of them we dont feel.

:hug to all hope everyone stays safe

Good morning ladies :hi

Just waiting for my coffee to finish brewing. The garbage truck woke me up this morning :( I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well after yesterdays quake :hug Not much to report here, just another day of packing :sigh

Just a quick hello. Still having connection issues and work is a bear. Having connection issues doesn't help there either. They asked me if I could take on another job and had to tell them no, remember, I'm only part-time (doing full-time work).

Glad everyone is ok from the quake. My sister in NJ was talking to my sister here when it hit and she's like what the.....Now worrying about the hurricane.

Stay safe and love ya!

Im glad Im not the only one who sleeps thru an earthquake, The one I slept thro cratered 2 houses, everybody got out but they lost their homes and didnt have insurance, you have to buy a earthquke insurance here.

We live on the hurricane fault, but I dont have the insurance. Their are small earthquakes around us but alot of them we dont feel.

When I was a kid there was a minor earthquake and I fell out of bed and hit my head. My Pop came in to check on me (he heard the THUMP). My forehead was bleeding and I was just laying on the floor. He thought I was unconscious...until I snored. :rofl

Glad everyone is safe!! :hug Now to watch what this hurricane is gonna do.

:turtle:vheart

Good morning and please stay safe everyone!

So far, we are up, DD is not saying anything (yet) about not going to school.

Keeping fingers crossed and thanks for the kind thoughts that I get thru my day!

kuddles

Morning Everyone! Sun is out and I'm outta bed, looks like it might be a good day! :D I never got around to picking up a hook yesterday so I plan on remedying that today. Hope everyone is safe from the quake and stays safe from the coming hurricane! Have a great hump day! :hug

Joanne, hope your finger/arm are feeling better today!

Sue, did cute little Cooter eat again today?

Spent the entire evening at football practice. It's from 6:30 to 8, and by the time I missed my exit (they are redoing the crosstown), I had to drive through downtown OKC, It was 8:45 by the time I got the boys home. I have a headache, one coach thinks the only way to talk is to scream at them. I have a feeling most of Monday, Tuesday, Thursand and maybe Friday evenings will be spent this way until November.

Hope all of you are doing well. I think I'm going to go and sit in my recliner for a while and just relax. Everyone have a great evening!

Hope the headache is gone. :hug Yeah, I used to find that some of the coached liked to talk REALLY LOUD! :lol

I've felt several small ones over the years, but was surprised to find out that I slept thru this one! :lol I'm not sure about the insurance here. I guess that's something I should find out about. :think

Good morning ladies :hi

Just waiting for my coffee to finish brewing. The garbage truck woke me up this morning :( I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well after yesterdays quake :hug Not much to report here, just another day of packing :sigh

Morning! Good luck with your packing. :hug

Just a quick hello. Still having connection issues and work is a bear. Having connection issues doesn't help there either. They asked me if I could take on another job and had to tell them no, remember, I'm only part-time (doing full-time work).

Glad everyone is ok from the quake. My sister in NJ was talking to my sister here when it hit and she's like what the.....Now worrying about the hurricane.

Stay safe and love ya!

Hope you get your internet connections fixed soon! Glad your sister is safe!

When I was a kid there was a minor earthquake and I fell out of bed and hit my head. My Pop came in to check on me (he heard the THUMP). My forehead was bleeding and I was just laying on the floor. He thought I was unconscious...until I snored. :rofl

:lol too funny! Stay safe in the hurricane! :hug

Good morning and please stay safe everyone!

So far, we are up, DD is not saying anything (yet) about not going to school.

Keeping fingers crossed and thanks for the kind thoughts that I get thru my day!

kuddles

Keeping you and DD in my thoughts this morning! :hug

post-18634-135897691253_thumb.gif Good Morning...........

This back to school stuff is a bummer! :( I miss my boys!!!

I need to get some serious crocheting done today!!!

almost finished with the LAST sbt fir the bipolar fundraiser! 5 rows to go! then on to more gifty things. eye still buggin me today with allergies. wont be online tomorrow til later DH has an appointment with the orthopaedic...why do i have a feeling since the dr's "brilliant" idea of therapy and cortizone shot didnt work the first time theyre gonna want to do it again? were the type that if something didnt work the first time why waste our money a second go round? well that didnt exactly come out right but you know what i mean im sure...Sorry to hear your eye is still bothering you... but nice to see you crocheting! :hook [/QUOTE]

Checking in to make sure everyone's alright after the earthquake in Virginia today???? wasnt that crazy?! glad you're okay! I'm not sure if we have any from there or if anyone felt it, but just checking. We felt it here in Philly and I had no clue what it was until someone else told me about an hour and a half later :think:blush I hope everyone is well :hug

My DD was working in DC when it hit and lives in VA. she said it was really scarey, but is ok and hopefully her apt is also. she hasn't made it home yet. OMy! I hope so too!

I was at work when it hit. I work just outside dc. It was kind of scary not knowing what was happening! We were told to go home if we had our stuff with us, since they didn't know when we would be let back in the building. People were going back in, at their own risk, to get their personal stuff so they could leave. I made safely home in record time.wow! so glad you're okay! how weird is all that?!

I felt the earthquake at work- it was so strange--felt like someone was shaking my chair- and I felt dizzy and lightheaded. Very weird. I left the building- even though they didn't announce an evacuation at work- I was not taking any chances!!! Went back in after about 15-20 minutes- and got a text from my DD in Boston- she felt it there too-.My Goodness!!!

Now off to make dinner!

Well tonite is 1st grade eve......picked up a frozen pizza (doesn't happen often) and allowed her to pick out some cookies (she picked choc chip but the chips are mini m&ms) and now she is watching Electric Company, her favorite show! She doesn't seem nervous! I am!! Her little friend said 'see you tomorrow' - so far so good! Wish they started earlier tomorrow, but it isn't till 10! Yikes! Plenty of time for nervousness....for me not her! hang in there mama!!! its will be okay... :cry aww who am I kidding... I miss my babies!

Um... I meant... she'll have a great day and so will you :D

We are going to go for a walk after the show so if I don't make it back here, have a good nite all!

Mama Kuddles

Hi Everyone! Had a busy day. Started out with a dr's appt, then a trip to the PO to mail some friendship sqs and a box to Tam. Then a trip to the pharmacy to get yet two new prescriptions to add to the many I'm on.:( Came home and napped the afternoon away. When I woke up DH told me I slept thru an earthquake! :eek I thought he was kidding for a few minutes! I'm so glad to read that those of you closer to the epicenter are safe! :hug Omy... lol... you slept through it... bless your heart!

Tam, a package is on the way! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thanks for letting us know about Keri. That's wonderful news!

Hugs to everyone! I'm sorry I'm not responding to everyone personnally tonight, I just don't have it in me today. Love ya though! :hugLove you too! :hug

Glad all are safe that were in the area of the quakes. We've had a lot of them here in Oklahoma--really weird, felt like a big truck slammed into the building. Not a feeling I like. yikes!!!!:eek

Spent the entire evening at football practice. It's from 6:30 to 8, and by the time I missed my exit (they are redoing the crosstown), I had to drive through downtown OKC, It was 8:45 by the time I got the boys home. I have a headache, one coach thinks the only way to talk is to scream at them. I have a feeling most of Monday, Tuesday, Thursand and maybe Friday evenings will be spent this way until November. oh the joy of it all!

Hope all of you are doing well. I think I'm going to go and sit in my recliner for a while and just relax. Great idea! Everyone have a great evening!

Just a quick hello. Still having connection issues and work is a bear. Having connection issues doesn't help there either. They asked me if I could take on another job and had to tell them no, remember, I'm only part-time (doing full-time work). hey sweetie! So good to see you! :hug

oh.. sure... tell 'em.. you'll do more work.. with double the pay :D

Glad everyone is ok from the quake. My sister in NJ was talking to my sister here when it hit and she's like what the.....Now worrying about the hurricane. oh wow!

Stay safe and love ya!

When I was a kid there was a minor earthquake and I fell out of bed and hit my head. My Pop came in to check on me (he heard the THUMP). My forehead was bleeding and I was just laying on the floor. He thought I was unconscious...until I snored. :rofl OmGosh.......... :rofl :rofl :rofl......... :whew ..... :rofl

kuddles- hope dd has a great day at school, and that yours is uneventful for the rest of it

tammy-hope your day goes fast and the boys get home quickly :)

Annie- Have a great day hope your feeling ok today :hug

Sue- I want your newest addition. when i come visit there may just be some turtle-napping happening :D

Hope everyone else's day is good and full of crochet

I just got home from my interview. I think it went very well and am really hoping to get an offer. neuro/rehab sounds so interesting. school starts in just over a week so my time here might be cut somewhat :(

Nope, tomorrow is Monday. :lol

:lol Guess I was trying to rush you through your weekend.

EEK! Tomorrow is my DD's first and big day! And it is supposed to storm half the nite! Can you say 'up all nite'? :P

Mama Kuddles

Hope you slept and hope dd's big day was awesome!!! :hug

Hey there friends................

quick note from Jana........

Biopsy results are NEGATIVE!!! Keri's surgery is scheduled for Sept 2nd !!

Jana wants to thank you all for your love and prayers! God is so Good!

She'll pop on later to give more details.

have a terrific tuesday.

:yay:cheer AWESOME NEWS!!! :yay:cheer

almost finished with the LAST sbt fir the bipolar fundraiser! 5 rows to go! then on to more gifty things. eye still buggin me today with allergies. wont be online tomorrow til later DH has an appointment with the orthopaedic...why do i have a feeling since the dr's "brilliant" idea of therapy and cortizone shot didnt work the first time theyre gonna want to do it again? were the type that if something didnt work the first time why waste our money a second go round? well that didnt exactly come out right but you know what i mean im sure...

Hope everything goes well! :hug

My DD was working in DC when it hit and lives in VA. she said it was really scarey, but is ok and hopefully her apt is also. she hasn't made it home yet.

:eek Glad she is ok. Hope her apt is as well!

:eek:hug Glad you are safe!

Now off to make dinner!

I'd of been out of there too! Glad you are safe! :hug

Well tonite is 1st grade eve......picked up a frozen pizza (doesn't happen often) and allowed her to pick out some cookies (she picked choc chip but the chips are mini m&ms) and now she is watching Electric Company, her favorite show! She doesn't seem nervous! I am!! Her little friend said 'see you tomorrow' - so far so good! Wish they started earlier tomorrow, but it isn't till 10! Yikes! Plenty of time for nervousness....for me not her!

Mama Kuddles

Good night and good luck tomorrow! :hug

Christie, :hug hope the adjustment goes well for your little one and you!

Thank you and I'm glad you are safe! :hug

Glad all are safe that were in the area of the quakes. We've had a lot of them here in Oklahoma--really weird, felt like a big truck slammed into the building. Not a feeling I like.

Hope you got relaxed and the headache went away! :hug

Thanks Ann!

kuddles (t minus one hour till we leave.....I might upchuck)

It was only for an hour and a half today right? :think So how'd it go? Hope it went great and you are celebrating! :cheer

[ATTACH]44430[/ATTACH] Good Morning...........

This back to school stuff is a bummer! :( I miss my boys!!!

I need to get some serious crocheting done today!!!

:hug

I just got home from my interview. I think it went very well and am really hoping to get an offer. neuro/rehab sounds so interesting. school starts in just over a week so my time here might be cut somewhat :(

I'm so glad the interview went well! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! We're going to miss you when school starts. Make sure to pop in as often as you can! :hug

I will be popping in, my classes are online so it wont be as bad as if I had to drive to campus. and if I get a new job I will be on days for a few weeks so my schedule will be a bit crazy. but i will find time to check in :D

Archived