crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Sue, Joann was talking about the tortoise I made to match that fall tote. :lol

:rofl I didn't even see him! He blended in so well! Very cute!!

Oh Sue........ thats so heartbreaking that the storms will do that to the animals! Poor babies! I'm glad they have people like you to help :hug

The beaches are a mess. Turtle eggs everywhere. So many nests destroyed, but that's nature. Now we wait for the aftermath...sick/injured turtles being washed in. Should be a busy weekend. :(

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the well wishes about my migraine everyone. It's still lingering, but not as bad as it was. I talked to the nurse at my dr's office and she relayed the message to him. He agrees that it's the new med and I shouldn't take it anymore. So hopefully it is just a matter of this med getting out of my system. I'm used to headaches. I have atypical migraines several times a week, but the severe ones only several times a year now.

Quick hello.....please everyone stay safe from Irene!

DD = 103.2 temp at 3 am. No school, doctor = strep I'm pretty sure.

Take care all!

kuddles

Oh no, strep! Poor baby! :hug

What tortoise??? :think Did I miss a tortoise??

I finished the book last night. It was Cold Vengence by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The first book in the series is Relic (it was made into a movie). I love the series. A little detective and a little fantasy/sci fi-ish. I told Bruce last night I was going to hunt down the authors and punch them both in the nose. Stupid cliff hanger endings... :lol

Be safe everyone with the storm. It's out east of us giving us rain, wind and waves, but not bad. :hug

Feel better little sis! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Glad that you are safe from Irene!

Sue - Glad to hear you're safe from the hurricane, but yeah it was staying out in the ocean down your way :hug

Kuddle - I hope dd feels better quickly....my question is what parent sent their kid to school this week with strep :think

Well, I'm still packing. I ran out this morning and stopped by the uhaul to reserve my truck, then to walmart for a loaf of bread and more packaging tape. Stopped at the wawa for a coffee and bfast sandwich on the way home so I wouldn't have to make anything this morning.....can you say LAZY!!! :lol I'm hoping Irene turns more out towards the ocean up this way :xfin But if it keeps how it's going, I'm going to move my important electronic stuff to the 2nd floor and possibly go stay at Mary's for the night :think I live by a river and the marina is only a half block away :eek:think So, we'll see.

I hope you all have a wonderful friday :hug

Good idea to move your things up out of the way. You too! You are mighty close. Get the heck outa there! :lol

Ann, praying your migraine leaves you soon.

Kuddles, so sorry DD is sick. No fun. :( Praying she gets better quick too.

Sue, Joann was talking about the tortoise I made to match that fall tote. :lol

Marisa and everyone in the east... stay safe!!! You can replace things.

Thanks for all the compliments on the tote/tortoise.

Oh yeah, I got kissed by an Alpaca yesterday!!! My friend's family used to have an animal rescue. Well, her parents have died so while she's not taking in more in, she still has a lot of animals. I took my mom and Brittany over to see them. This adorable Alpaca came walking up and she said he likes to kiss you. O--K-- So he is making kissy noises and I bend over. He touches his nose to mine and makes a perfect kissing sound. Then he backs up a bit and actually SMILES! I totally fell in love with him. She is trying to downsize so I could easily bring him home. I'm telling myself we do not need another animal but who can't resist a cute wooley guy that follows you around making kissy noises!!! :lol

The alpaca sounds so cute! How could you not take him home! :lol

Hi all! I managed to get a sinus infection this week, so I've been laying low. On meds now, so hopefully it will be better soon. Weird time of year for me to get one, and I hadn't had a cold or anything. I did stop at HL and pick up some yarn for my first tote the other day. :clap On my way this afternoon to a wedding. Don't much feel like leaving the house today, but I need to make an appearance!

I tried to go back and catch up on everyone's posts. I'm still learning who you all are! :confused I hope all of you who are in Irene's path are staying safe and dry!!

Congratulations, Tonya!! :cheer:cheer That's great news!

Hope it was a great party. They grow up so fast, don't they? I suddenly have a high-schooler this year. I'm not sure how that happened!

You've been busy! That tote is beautiful! Hope you continue to feel better.

Ann, I hope your migraine gets better. Blech!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

:sun ........:: Good Morning ::..........

Well.... my little guys birthday was a success!!! He loved his cake and all his gifts!!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes for him! :hug

I'm so glad it the weekend! 3 days with my boys! :yay

Today I'm going to get some crocheting done. I have a load of laundry going... I usually do a load or two everyday. Got my coffee... and sittin' here with my yarn.. and hook!

Sherry........... Happy Belated Birthday to your GS :cake Have fun with your SIL Thank you so much for helping with my fundraiser hon!

tonya........ I am so excited for you sweetie! Congrats on the job! :hug

Stephanie............ sweetie!!! So good to see you! missed you! Oh.. dont you hate it when that happens! I typed a really long reply the other day on a different thread... hit submit and it was gone! grrrrr That tote and turtle are AWESOME!!! I have a pic of my little turtle you made me as the background on my phone! :D Kissed by an alpaca? OMGosh... that is the sweetest story! I agree.. how could you not take him home!!! :D

Oh Sue........ thats so heartbreaking that the storms will do that to the animals! Poor babies! I'm glad they have people like you to help :hug

Joanne......... I'm so sorry you hurt your finger!!! :hug I have been crocheting and knitting so much lately... my thumb is really acting up. :(

:hi HI evelyn

Oh Ann............ honey.... I am so sorry you have a headache! :hug How I understand! Praying for ya!!!

mamaK.... 103.2* ? Oh sweetie! Praying for her!!!!!

Hey there Marisa! :hi be careful with this storm!

Off to get more coffee.....

please stay safe everyone!!!!!

Praying for you all in the path of the storm!

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam! Glad your son had a good birthday!

Thanks all for your concern! She def has strep, temps staying between 101 and 103 even with meds! Yikes! But now she has a huge dose of antibiotic in her and she is eating popsicles and resting. She is pleased: no school and her shows all day!

Mama Kuddles

Nothing like popsicles and resting in front of your favorite tv shows to help strep. Hope she feels better soon!

kuddles hope dd is feeling better, there is nothing like Popsicles and tv to help strep.

ann hope your feeling better, i have migraines and they are no fun.

everyone in the path of irene...stay safe I am praying for no damage.

tammy glad to here his birthday was good.

I officially turned in my resignation last night I am done with work on the 13th and start the new job the 19th i took a few days off to get off the midnights and back to days...I orientate on days.

I have the weekend off so i will be crocheting and worrying about dd all weekend since she is in dc/va area and driving to nc to look for houses since they have to move in a few weeks. possibly going to the Renaissance festival on sunday.

It's nice that you took a few days off to reorient back to days. That can be such a challenge. Hopefully the crocheting will help to calm your nerves some this weekend about dd. Fingers crossed that the hurricane will go out to sea!

My laptop loses network capabilities... finally get it back up and running...

To find that the last time I was able to log on and read was 8/19, when we were on page 498. Now ya'll are on page 516...

Excuse me while I try to catch up! (hunkering down to read).

:)

Sue - I hope you can get those eggs under control :eek

Tonya - I'm really excited for you and am happy to hear you took a couple extra days off for yourself. Praying that dd is safe and ok :hug

Shell lee - I hate when the computer acts up :eek I hope you got it fixed right, I had a problem last year and it took them like 2 months to figure out the problem :eek It was a horrible experience.

Ann - Thanks, I already made sure it was ok with Mary for me to head there tomorrow but that I'd let her know tomorrow if I'm coming. I'll just wait to see if this is going to turn over night at all :think But will probably head out in the afternoon :yes

OK, came to find something to eat, then back to work :sigh One good thing about having to go to Mary's is that I'll get some crochet time in :D Although it might be super slow if the power goes out :eek

im beyond words....spechless......

was surfing facebook and ran across a post from a friend...not good news to say the least. this friend lives maybe a block away so i went over to find out what was going on instead of mess with the computer.

***URGENT PRAYER NEEDED***

my horsevack riding instructor Carlos Bond was in a motorcycle accident this morning...airlifted unconsious to ST LOUIS UNIVERSITY with internakl bleeding, 2 broken legsm a broken collarbine and broken shoulder. he wrapped his motorcycle around a pole.......

current condition unknown.

i was in my office when i found the news on facebook and went (quite literally) barreling through the house to find DH. time i found him i was a blubbering mess and all i could say was "goooooooooooose" (goose is the guys nicname...then after i took a deepo breath i managed to tell him we needed to go to the neighbors....it was 11 am when the accident happened. aside from his injuries hes in his 60's. im worried and scared. want to go up there but cant (i dont drive in stl....praying ALOT

My laptop loses network capabilities... finally get it back up and running...

To find that the last time I was able to log on and read was 8/19, when we were on page 498. Now ya'll are on page 516...

Excuse me while I try to catch up! (hunkering down to read).

:)

Welcome back! Hope you're caught up. Computers can really stink sometimes, but what would we do without them! :lol

Ann - Thanks, I already made sure it was ok with Mary for me to head there tomorrow but that I'd let her know tomorrow if I'm coming. I'll just wait to see if this is going to turn over night at all :think But will probably head out in the afternoon :yes

OK, came to find something to eat, then back to work :sigh One good thing about having to go to Mary's is that I'll get some crochet time in :D Although it might be super slow if the power goes out :eek

Glad to hear you've made arrangements just in case. Still got my fingers crossed but it isn't looking good last time I checked. :(

im beyond words....spechless......

was surfing facebook and ran across a post from a friend...not good news to say the least. this friend lives maybe a block away so i went over to find out what was going on instead of mess with the computer.

***URGENT PRAYER NEEDED***

my horsevack riding instructor Carlos Bond was in a motorcycle accident this morning...airlifted unconsious to ST LOUIS UNIVERSITY with internakl bleeding, 2 broken legsm a broken collarbine and broken shoulder. he wrapped his motorcycle around a pole.......

current condition unknown.

i was in my office when i found the news on facebook and went (quite literally) barreling through the house to find DH. time i found him i was a blubbering mess and all i could say was "goooooooooooose" (goose is the guys nicname...then after i took a deepo breath i managed to tell him we needed to go to the neighbors....it was 11 am when the accident happened. aside from his injuries hes in his 60's. im worried and scared. want to go up there but cant (i dont drive in stl....praying ALOT

Oh, sweetie, prayers going up for your friend right now! :hug

Hi all,

Ducky- prayers being said for Goose!!!

Marisa- That's good that you have the option to head to Mary's.

And you weren't being lazy---you've been super busy packing- who needs to cook on top of that? Surely I wouldn't be!!!! And congrats on your Eagles win last night. Just read that they cancelled the Giants/Jets pregame tomorrow night and rescheduled for Monday night!

Ann- Glad that the migraine is letting up some--and the new med will be out of your system soon!

Sue- Hope tomorrow isnt too crazy busy at work!

Tam- Glad that your DS enjoyed his birthday!

Tonya- It must have felt so good to give in your resignation!!!

Dr Ann- Welcome Back!

Mama K- Sorry to hear about DD---that stinks only 3 days into the school year--who would send their kid to school sick already???? Hope the popsicles (and the antibiotics) are helping her to feel better!

Well, I was at the grocery store this morning before work- and stocked up on what I needed- mainly water and some non-perishables. After work, we put a few more things inside from outside- only a couple more things to be moved in the morning. Then I went upstairs and went to change and opened the closet door only to find that the rod had come down!!! So off to the store we went to get new brackets- we'll tackle that project tomorrow- moving all my clothes out of the closet so DH can put in new brackets and put the rod back in.

Spoke to my youngest- her DH got stuck at work tonight-which means he'll get home tomorrow at 6am or so and then has to be back at work by 2--but the good thing is he won't get stuck working overnight Sat into Sunday since he got stuck tonight. I was concerned that she'd be by herself with Ryan- but she said her bro-in-law is coming to stay the weekend with them- so I feel much better about that.

I'm going to try and head to bed soon since tomorrow will be a busy day- I want to get all my laundry done in case we lose power- and also most importantly need to move my yarn upstairs!!!

See you all in the AM

And everyone in Irene's path please stay safe!!!!

ann & jonne......thanks for the prayers! still no word yet on his condition. hes a special guy.......a willie nelson look alike. takes time with our saddle club to bring a smile to the faces of mentally and physically challenged kids...made me a special saddle so i couldnt fall off th ehorse nad get hurt....i could go on and on and on.......

ann & jonne......thanks for the prayers! still no word yet on his condition. hes a special guy.......a willie nelson look alike. takes time with our saddle club to bring a smile to the faces of mentally and physically challenged kids...made me a special saddle so i couldnt fall off th ehorse nad get hurt....i could go on and on and on.......

He sure sounds like a special guy!:hug

***update***

goose is still unconsious. He is on full ventilator unable to breathe on hos own...he busted his head open and nobody found hom for an hour...he was however able to climb a ditch to try and flag someone down...they have to wait to do surgery until swelling subsides.

Crystal, praying for your friend. My friend that fell off of a motorcycle at 70 mph in KC last year had her 8th and last (we hope) reconstructive surgery today. God can still work miracles. :)

Good morning all,

Still calm (before the storm) here in NJ. Getting ready to do the laundry and get that out of the way. I'm going over to DD's later this morning to see Ryan for a bit. I need to have a little fun time this weekend!!!

Off to get another cup of coffee and start the day....BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

I woke up with a slight headache today :( But I just had my bfast and now have stuff to do. Want to try to get alot done before I leave for Mary's house overnight :yes

I'll check in quick before I shut down and move my computer upstairs :yes:hug :hug

it is but with heavy heart i come to you all this morning (it is still morning isnt it?) i regret to inform you all that carlos (goose) family decided toi let him go this morning. i receoved the call about 8:40 or thereabouts. there will be no funeral as he has donated his body to science. im just at a loss for words right now. ive done nothing but cry. my DH doenst even know yet as for some reason i cant get through to hos workplace (he left his cell phone with me) im thankfulk hes not in pain anymore but all i can think of right now is who am i gonna ride with now?

i know that probably the stupidest thought i could be having at this moment ...

Good morning

I hope you are all preparing to be safe thru this storm, it looks like a monster on tv.

I hope goose will be ok, and prayers and :hug to you all.

Have to get busy and slice some peaches to freeze.

Have a great day

it is but with heavy heart i come to you all this morning (it is still morning isnt it?) i regret to inform you all that carlos (goose) family decided toi let him go this morning. i receoved the call about 8:40 or thereabouts. there will be no funeral as he has donated his body to science. im just at a loss for words right now. ive done nothing but cry. my DH doenst even know yet as for some reason i cant get through to hos workplace (he left his cell phone with me) im thankfulk hes not in pain anymore but all i can think of right now is who am i gonna ride with now?

I'm so sorry about your friend. It's good that he's no longer in pain, but I know it hurts knowing he had to be let go to Heaven to be pain-free. Remember all the good rides and the friendship, and when you picture him, imagine him barreling through the clouds on a bike, dodging angels, and hitting cloud ramps to make those amazing jumps.

Getting ready to take off and take my hubby for his surprise birthday romantic evening! He has no clue where we are going, he just knows we have to leave by 1pm at the latest and he has to pack a bag. :)

Just a quick check in here. It's just starting to rain here so nothing crazy yet. But, I'm going to undo my computer and pack it up now since it's right by the outside wall on the main floor. Not to mention it needs to be done anyway for moving so it'll just be done 2 days early. However, unless I lose my internet connection, I'll be able to check in on my nook just with short and sweet posts :lol I've decided to stick out the storm here at home :yes I think the worst of anything I'd get is some flooding on the first floor so will still move the important things upstairs to be safe.

Sorry to hear about the goose :(:hug

Everyone, keep yourselves safe :hug :hug I'll check in as I can....maybe more so from my phone since I have backup charging on that if I lose power, but not for the nook :think Regardless, I'll be back :D

a funny memory id like to share.....

our horse club had decided to go for a trail ride one saturday a few years ago. i was on dolly (goose horse) we were riding the trails and we came upon this pond....nothing real deep but i drew up my legs best i couls so as to not get wet boots. well dolly gets in the middle of the dern pond and just stands there. getting more frustrated at every c'mon dolly, gently nudging her, gently smacking her neck and making clicky noises at her...i looked up to see the entire club standing on the other side of the pond. goose called out to me and said "whats wrong"

i replied "SHE STALLED STUPID HORSE!!!"

i could hear some of the other club members snickering a bit.....gose replied back to me "hun shes not a car" only then did i realize what id said about her stalling LOL

Hi Everyone! It's been a slow, dragged out morning. I was able to sleep in til 8am, but I think that's because of the nausea meds I took last night. They really knock me out. Don't do much for the nausea, but make me really groggy! :lol Then I worked on a scarf I started yesterday, piddled around getting some things done around the house in prep for Irene, and finally took a shower. DH says that it looks like we are in the windy side of the hurricane if she continues on this path. I'm a bit nervous since I'll be alone. He goes in to work tonight and depending on the weather conditions, might get stuck there. Oh well, we'll just take it as it comes. Praying for all in the path to be safe. :hug

Well, I was at the grocery store this morning before work- and stocked up on what I needed- mainly water and some non-perishables. After work, we put a few more things inside from outside- only a couple more things to be moved in the morning. Then I went upstairs and went to change and opened the closet door only to find that the rod had come down!!! So off to the store we went to get new brackets- we'll tackle that project tomorrow- moving all my clothes out of the closet so DH can put in new brackets and put the rod back in.

Spoke to my youngest- her DH got stuck at work tonight-which means he'll get home tomorrow at 6am or so and then has to be back at work by 2--but the good thing is he won't get stuck working overnight Sat into Sunday since he got stuck tonight. I was concerned that she'd be by herself with Ryan- but she said her bro-in-law is coming to stay the weekend with them- so I feel much better about that.

I'm going to try and head to bed soon since tomorrow will be a busy day- I want to get all my laundry done in case we lose power- and also most importantly need to move my yarn upstairs!!!

See you all in the AM

And everyone in Irene's path please stay safe!!!!

Hope you got your closet fixed and protect that yarn! :hook:lol I'm so glad that someone is going to be with DD.

Good morning all,

Still calm (before the storm) here in NJ. Getting ready to do the laundry and get that out of the way. I'm going over to DD's later this morning to see Ryan for a bit. I need to have a little fun time this weekend!!!

Off to get another cup of coffee and start the day....BBL!

Enjoy your Ryan time! :c9

Good morning all. Just sent the market van on the way..I think I'm gonna take a nap...actually i'll probably hook :D

Howdy! Hooking time is better than napping time any day!(except for when I fall asleep at the hook!) :lol

I'm so sorry. Try to remember all the good times. :hug:hug:hug

Good morning

I hope you are all preparing to be safe thru this storm, it looks like a monster on tv.

I hope goose will be ok, and prayers and :hug to you all.

Have to get busy and slice some peaches to freeze.

Have a great day

Hi Evelyn! Have a great day too!

Getting ready to take off and take my hubby for his surprise birthday romantic evening! He has no clue where we are going, he just knows we have to leave by 1pm at the latest and he has to pack a bag. :)

Have a wonderful time!!!

Just a quick check in here. It's just starting to rain here so nothing crazy yet. But, I'm going to undo my computer and pack it up now since it's right by the outside wall on the main floor. Not to mention it needs to be done anyway for moving so it'll just be done 2 days early. However, unless I lose my internet connection, I'll be able to check in on my nook just with short and sweet posts :lol I've decided to stick out the storm here at home :yes I think the worst of anything I'd get is some flooding on the first floor so will still move the important things upstairs to be safe.

Sorry to hear about the goose :(:hug

Everyone, keep yourselves safe :hug :hug I'll check in as I can....maybe more so from my phone since I have backup charging on that if I lose power, but not for the nook :think Regardless, I'll be back :D

Be safe!!! :hug

a funny memory id like to share.....

our horse club had decided to go for a trail ride one saturday a few years ago. i was on dolly (goose horse) we were riding the trails and we came upon this pond....nothing real deep but i drew up my legs best i couls so as to not get wet boots. well dolly gets in the middle of the dern pond and just stands there. getting more frustrated at every c'mon dolly, gently nudging her, gently smacking her neck and making clicky noises at her...i looked up to see the entire club standing on the other side of the pond. goose called out to me and said "whats wrong"

i replied "SHE STALLED STUPID HORSE!!!"

i could hear some of the other club members snickering a bit.....gose replied back to me "hun shes not a car" only then did i realize what id said about her stalling LOL

Cute story!

Just a quick hello until the connection breaks (already done it twice while I was typing) to say STAY SAFE everyone in the NE and my prayers are with everyone on the east coast. Been there, done that, hurricanes are not fun!

Love and Hugs!

Archived