crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Can you say STAYCATION? My boss just left, for the day! Woot! That nap might just happen!

kuddles

WOOT!!!!

Sooooooooo.......guess who was just offered a job????????

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Yep that's right ME.......I start at the hosp. in 3 weeks.:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:wooI am so excited I could just cry. well actually.....:blush I almost did when she called with the offer. anyways I a almost as excited today as I was when I found out I passed my boards.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and general good wishes, finger,toes and whatever crossings I am positive you all helped me get this job :hug:hug

:cheerCongrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :hug

just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI

busy day here! I'm off to frost a birthday cake for my youngest..... :sigh... cant believe he's 11yrs old today.

[ATTACH]44486[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Happy Birthday to your youngest!!!

I'd better get stuff done so I can go "party" with the 3 year old!!

Enjoy the party!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Yep that's right ME.......I start at the hosp. in 3 weeks.:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:wooI am so excited I could just cry. well actually.....:blush I almost did when she called with the offer. anyways I a almost as excited today as I was when I found out I passed my boards.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and general good wishes, finger,toes and whatever crossings I am positive you all helped me get this job :hug:hug

That is WONDERFUL news! I know how much you love what you do, just not where you were doing it. :hug

busy day here! I'm off to frost a birthday cake for my youngest..... :sigh... cant believe he's 11yrs old today.

[ATTACH]44486[/ATTACH]

:bday Buddy!! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Ack! I had a whole long message typed and my 'puter froze up. :(

Tam and Sherry, Happy Bday to your babies!

Tonya, Congratulations!!

Sue, did I see on fb where you got a NEW baby turtle??? I'm so jealous! Was adorable. ;)

Ann, Joanne, Nicole, Kuddles, Marisa, Toni, Jana, Crystal and anyone I missed, hope you are doing great and have a good weekend.

I didn't crochet much lately since I was sick. Feeling much better, just a little cough hanging on and a hoarse voice. I can deal with that. :D I did finish my fall tote for my friend and made her hubby a matching tortoise. Also made a tote for my mom to go with a baby blanket she made. Got a lot lined up that I need to get busy with. Happy Hooking everyone.

post-44513-13589769173_thumb.jpg

post-44513-135897691733_thumb.jpg

sooooooooo.......guess who was just offered a job????????

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek yep that's right me.......i start at the hosp. In 3 weeks.:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:wooi am so excited i could just cry. Well actually.....:blush i almost did when she called with the offer. Anyways i a almost as excited today as i was when i found out i passed my boards.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and general good wishes, finger,toes and whatever crossings i am positive you all helped me get this job :hug:hug

wwwooooooooooootttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonya, Congratulations!!

Sue, did I see on fb where you got a NEW baby turtle??? I'm so jealous! Was adorable. ;)

Ann, Joanne, Nicole, Kuddles, Marisa, Toni, Jana, Crystal and anyone I missed, hope you are doing great and have a good weekend.

I didn't crochet much lately since I was sick. Feeling much better, just a little cough hanging on and a hoarse voice. I can deal with that. :D I did finish my fall tote for my friend and made her hubby a matching tortoise. Also made a tote for my mom to go with a baby blanket she made. Got a lot lined up that I need to get busy with. Happy Hooking everyone.

Gorgeous!

kuddles

I haven't crocheted all week. I'm taking a break since my favorite authors came out with a new book (with my favorite character!). So I've been reading. Preparing for school to start Monday and hoping this storm doesn't bring us TONS of turtles and birds (which they usually do :( ).

Yes, I couldn't resist. He was in the last aisle at the Expo and just begged me to take him home! :lol

Love the tote!!

Totally awesome!!!!! :clap:yay:cheer:jumpyay:bounce:woo Congrats honey :hug

[ATTACH]44486[/ATTACH]

Happy Birthday to the 'little' guy :birthday:hug

I hate it when the happens :( I haven't been crocheting either :sigh

Wootie Woot Wootington!!!!

I am beyond happy for you!!!!! This is the best news of the day!!!!! :yesCongratulations!!!!!:clap:clap:yay:cheer

Tonya, Congratulations!!

Glad to hear that you are finally feeling better Stephanie!!! The totes are gorgeous- and tortoise--well so cute!!!!

I haven't crocheted all week. I'm taking a break since my favorite authors came out with a new book (with my favorite character!). So I've been reading. Preparing for school to start Monday and hoping this storm doesn't bring us TONS of turtles and birds (which they usually do :( ).

Love the tote!!

What book? I love to read! I haven't done much crocheting either thanks to the finger injury this week. I've done some on the RR and started a scarf- mostly mindless- since it is slow going. Once the finger is healed, I want to finish the Felted Ripple tote, make a SBT and need to make a square for someone!

Marisa- How's the packing going? Are you prepared for the Hurricane? I'm going to the store in the AM before work I think (when it shouldn't be crowded and should be restocked from the overnight crew) Just need a few normal things that I would normally pick up on the weekend. I'm kind of bummed that we are getting this hurricane ON THE WEEKEND!!!! Well actually kind of bummed we're getting it at all!!!:yes

Kuddles- Did you get a nap in today? How did DD do on her first day of school?

Ann- Hope you are feeling a little better and that you didn't have too long of a wait at the Dr today!

Ducky- Is today a better day than yesterday?

Tammy- Happy Birthday to your DS

Sherry- Hope you had a great time at your GS party!!!

Joanne - I'm also going to head to the store in the morning. I don't need much, but do want to make sure I've got something to eat that doesn't need heating and/or refrigerated just in case my power goes out. But at worst, I can throw one of these duraflame logs in the fireplace to try to cook something :think:lol But considering I've pretty much cleared out my kitchen :think Have my flashlight charging and need to make sure my phone and nook get charged too :yes

Time for my Eagles!!!! :clap

Joanne - I'm also going to head to the store in the morning. I don't need much, but do want to make sure I've got something to eat that doesn't need heating and/or refrigerated just in case my power goes out. But at worst, I can throw one of these duraflame logs in the fireplace to try to cook something :think:lol But considering I've pretty much cleared out my kitchen :think Have my flashlight charging and need to make sure my phone and nook get charged too :yes

I'm going to make sure my mac, iphone, ipad and NOOK are fully charged!!:lol Enjoy your Eagles game!!!!

I probably won't get on in the morning here since I'll be shopping for groceries!! What a way to start a Friday!!!:lol

heeey gals!

OMG today is a welcome relief from the stress of yesterday! DH got paid today so we did our usual shopping. paid for it took it out to the car took the cart back inside and hubbt says "need yarn hun" OMG i about fainted right there!!!

i only got one skein of hot red...but i got some cereal and grapes to snack on. started the baby ghan last night. not too far on it yet but its gonna be pretty...sunshine and pale yellow. i started with the sunshine for three rows then went to the pale green for seven and soforth. then the very last row will be white....all caron somply soft. id thought about foing the ghan in red heart but red heart for babies is soooooooo itchy in my opinion.

Stephanie - love the tote!!

Sue - I hope you enjoyed your book--what were you reading?

Mama K - Hope DD day went well. Did ya get a nap??

Ducky - so glad today was a better day! Got yarn!!!

Had a good time at the party--he wouldn't eat the "tupcake" just the candy on the top of it. :lol:lol Momma ate the cupcake.

Tam - I promise to mail your totes next week. This week has really been a nightmare at work!!

I'm so excited that my SIL will be here tomorrow. I went grocery shopping tonight, did some laundry, just need to finish up a few things in the morning before going to work. Haven't crocheted all week :( but I should be able to do some next week. Son will be here next weekend!!

There's no football game this weekend, kinda of disappointed as I wanted SIL to see him play. Oh well, it's gonna be hot anyway, so we'll just spend time in the nice cool house!!

Have a great evening, sleep well!

Morning! I'd like to say it's a beautiful day, but it's so foggy out that I can't tell yet! :lol I've been up since 5am which is pretty good concidering I went to bed at 8pm with a migraine! Still got it though. :( I think it's from the new med that the doc put me on. Gonna call him first thing this morning. I never got back to my hooks yesterday after working on my little project in the morning, but hopefully will get some time in today! :hook Have a wonderful Friday everyone and stay safe from Irene! :hug

The tote is wonderful and the tort is sooo cute! I'm so glad that you are finally feeling better!

Whatcha reading?

What book? I love to read! I haven't done much crocheting either thanks to the finger injury this week. I've done some on the RR and started a scarf- mostly mindless- since it is slow going. Once the finger is healed, I want to finish the Felted Ripple tote, make a SBT and need to make a square for someone!

Marisa- How's the packing going? Are you prepared for the Hurricane? I'm going to the store in the AM before work I think (when it shouldn't be crowded and should be restocked from the overnight crew) Just need a few normal things that I would normally pick up on the weekend. I'm kind of bummed that we are getting this hurricane ON THE WEEKEND!!!! Well actually kind of bummed we're getting it at all!!!:yes

Ann- Hope you are feeling a little better and that you didn't have too long of a wait at the Dr today!

Hope you get all your shopping in before the weekend crowd! DH ran in yesterday on our way home from the dr. Nope, we didn't have to wait, got there in the nick of time,she was waiting for us! :lol How's that finger doing btw? Can't have you getting out of practice making SBTs! :lol

heeey gals!

OMG today is a welcome relief from the stress of yesterday! DH got paid today so we did our usual shopping. paid for it took it out to the car took the cart back inside and hubbt says "need yarn hun" OMG i about fainted right there!!!

i only got one skein of hot red...but i got some cereal and grapes to snack on. started the baby ghan last night. not too far on it yet but its gonna be pretty...sunshine and pale yellow. i started with the sunshine for three rows then went to the pale green for seven and soforth. then the very last row will be white....all caron somply soft. id thought about foing the ghan in red heart but red heart for babies is soooooooo itchy in my opinion.

Glad you had a better day! The baby blanket sounds pretty! I love CSS!!!

Had a good time at the party--he wouldn't eat the "tupcake" just the candy on the top of it. :lol:lol Momma ate the cupcake.

Tam - I promise to mail your totes next week. This week has really been a nightmare at work!!

I'm so excited that my SIL will be here tomorrow. I went grocery shopping tonight, did some laundry, just need to finish up a few things in the morning before going to work. Haven't crocheted all week :( but I should be able to do some next week. Son will be here next weekend!!

There's no football game this weekend, kinda of disappointed as I wanted SIL to see him play. Oh well, it's gonna be hot anyway, so we'll just spend time in the nice cool house!!

Have a great evening, sleep well!

GS sounds like my GD! :lol She (the 4yr) usually only eats the frosting! :lol Glad you had a good time at the party. Enjoy your time with SIL. Too bad there won't be any football.

The totes are gorgeous- and tortoise--well so cute!!!!

What tortoise??? :think Did I miss a tortoise??

I finished the book last night. It was Cold Vengence by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The first book in the series is Relic (it was made into a movie). I love the series. A little detective and a little fantasy/sci fi-ish. I told Bruce last night I was going to hunt down the authors and punch them both in the nose. Stupid cliff hanger endings... :lol

Be safe everyone with the storm. It's out east of us giving us rain, wind and waves, but not bad. :hug

Quick hello.....please everyone stay safe from Irene!

DD = 103.2 temp at 3 am. No school, doctor = strep I'm pretty sure.

Take care all!

kuddles

Feel better little sis! :hug

Sue - Glad to hear you're safe from the hurricane, but yeah it was staying out in the ocean down your way :hug

Kuddle - I hope dd feels better quickly....my question is what parent sent their kid to school this week with strep :think

Well, I'm still packing. I ran out this morning and stopped by the uhaul to reserve my truck, then to walmart for a loaf of bread and more packaging tape. Stopped at the wawa for a coffee and bfast sandwich on the way home so I wouldn't have to make anything this morning.....can you say LAZY!!! :lol I'm hoping Irene turns more out towards the ocean up this way :xfin But if it keeps how it's going, I'm going to move my important electronic stuff to the 2nd floor and possibly go stay at Mary's for the night :think I live by a river and the marina is only a half block away :eek:think So, we'll see.

I hope you all have a wonderful friday :hug

Ann, praying your migraine leaves you soon.

Kuddles, so sorry DD is sick. No fun. :( Praying she gets better quick too.

Sue, Joann was talking about the tortoise I made to match that fall tote. :lol

Marisa and everyone in the east... stay safe!!! You can replace things.

Thanks for all the compliments on the tote/tortoise.

Oh yeah, I got kissed by an Alpaca yesterday!!! My friend's family used to have an animal rescue. Well, her parents have died so while she's not taking in more in, she still has a lot of animals. I took my mom and Brittany over to see them. This adorable Alpaca came walking up and she said he likes to kiss you. O--K-- So he is making kissy noises and I bend over. He touches his nose to mine and makes a perfect kissing sound. Then he backs up a bit and actually SMILES! I totally fell in love with him. She is trying to downsize so I could easily bring him home. I'm telling myself we do not need another animal but who can't resist a cute wooley guy that follows you around making kissy noises!!! :lol

Ann, praying your migraine leaves you soon.

Kuddles, so sorry DD is sick. No fun. :( Praying she gets better quick too.

Sue, Joann was talking about the tortoise I made to match that fall tote. :lol

Marisa and everyone in the east... stay safe!!! You can replace things.

Thanks for all the compliments on the tote/tortoise.

Oh yeah, I got kissed by an Alpaca yesterday!!! My friend's family used to have an animal rescue. Well, her parents have died so while she's not taking in more in, she still has a lot of animals. I took my mom and Brittany over to see them. This adorable Alpaca came walking up and she said he likes to kiss you. O--K-- So he is making kissy noises and I bend over. He touches his nose to mine and makes a perfect kissing sound. Then he backs up a bit and actually SMILES! I totally fell in love with him. She is trying to downsize so I could easily bring him home. I'm telling myself we do not need another animal but who can't resist a cute wooley guy that follows you around making kissy noises!!! :lol

Awwww, that is so cute about the Alpaca :manyheart

Yeah, I'm not too worried and I'll just move the computer and tv upstairs if need be since they're the expensive things I have downstairs and would rather not have to replace them so will take the extra precaution for that. Otherwise, I have a whole living room full of packed boxes that are staying just where they are :yes I hope I'll our friends a bit further south of me are staying safe and Irene starts to lose her speed :xfin:hug :hug :hug

Hi all! I managed to get a sinus infection this week, so I've been laying low. On meds now, so hopefully it will be better soon. Weird time of year for me to get one, and I hadn't had a cold or anything. I did stop at HL and pick up some yarn for my first tote the other day. :clap On my way this afternoon to a wedding. Don't much feel like leaving the house today, but I need to make an appearance!

I tried to go back and catch up on everyone's posts. I'm still learning who you all are! :confused I hope all of you who are in Irene's path are staying safe and dry!!

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Yep that's right ME.......I start at the hosp. in 3 weeks.:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:wooI am so excited I could just cry.

Congratulations, Tonya!! :cheer:cheer That's great news!

[ATTACH]44486[/ATTACH]

Hope it was a great party. They grow up so fast, don't they? I suddenly have a high-schooler this year. I'm not sure how that happened!

You've been busy! That tote is beautiful! Hope you continue to feel better.

Morning! I'd like to say it's a beautiful day, but it's so foggy out that I can't tell yet! :lol I've been up since 5am which is pretty good concidering I went to bed at 8pm with a migraine! Still got it though. :( I think it's from the new med that the doc put me on. Gonna call him first thing this morning. I never got back to my hooks yesterday after working on my little project in the morning, but hopefully will get some time in today! :hook Have a wonderful Friday everyone and stay safe from Irene! :hug

Ann, I hope your migraine gets better. Blech!

Have a great Friday everyone!

:sun ........:: Good Morning ::..........

Well.... my little guys birthday was a success!!! He loved his cake and all his gifts!!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes for him! :hug

I'm so glad it the weekend! 3 days with my boys! :yay

Today I'm going to get some crocheting done. I have a load of laundry going... I usually do a load or two everyday. Got my coffee... and sittin' here with my yarn.. and hook!

Sherry........... Happy Belated Birthday to your GS :cake Have fun with your SIL Thank you so much for helping with my fundraiser hon!

tonya........ I am so excited for you sweetie! Congrats on the job! :hug

Stephanie............ sweetie!!! So good to see you! missed you! Oh.. dont you hate it when that happens! I typed a really long reply the other day on a different thread... hit submit and it was gone! grrrrr That tote and turtle are AWESOME!!! I have a pic of my little turtle you made me as the background on my phone! :D Kissed by an alpaca? OMGosh... that is the sweetest story! I agree.. how could you not take him home!!! :D

Oh Sue........ thats so heartbreaking that the storms will do that to the animals! Poor babies! I'm glad they have people like you to help :hug

Joanne......... I'm so sorry you hurt your finger!!! :hug I have been crocheting and knitting so much lately... my thumb is really acting up. :(

:hi HI evelyn

Oh Ann............ honey.... I am so sorry you have a headache! :hug How I understand! Praying for ya!!!

mamaK.... 103.2* ? Oh sweetie! Praying for her!!!!!

Hey there Marisa! :hi be careful with this storm!

Off to get more coffee.....

please stay safe everyone!!!!!

Praying for you all in the path of the storm!

Thanks all for your concern! She def has strep, temps staying between 101 and 103 even with meds! Yikes! But now she has a huge dose of antibiotic in her and she is eating popsicles and resting. She is pleased: no school and her shows all day!

Mama Kuddles

kuddles hope dd is feeling better, there is nothing like Popsicles and tv to help strep.

ann hope your feeling better, i have migraines and they are no fun.

everyone in the path of irene...stay safe I am praying for no damage.

tammy glad to here his birthday was good.

I officially turned in my resignation last night I am done with work on the 13th and start the new job the 19th i took a few days off to get off the midnights and back to days...I orientate on days.

I have the weekend off so i will be crocheting and worrying about dd all weekend since she is in dc/va area and driving to nc to look for houses since they have to move in a few weeks. possibly going to the Renaissance festival on sunday.

Archived