crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

it is but with heavy heart i come to you all this morning (it is still morning isnt it?) i regret to inform you all that carlos (goose) family decided toi let him go this morning. i receoved the call about 8:40 or thereabouts. there will be no funeral as he has donated his body to science. im just at a loss for words right now. ive done nothing but cry. my DH doenst even know yet as for some reason i cant get through to hos workplace (he left his cell phone with me) im thankfulk hes not in pain anymore but all i can think of right now is who am i gonna ride with now?

i know that probably the stupidest thought i could be having at this moment ...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Ducky.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in---it has begun raining- and is darker outside--but not supposed to hit NJ until later.

DD went out with a few friends for late breakfast and I stayed with Ryan. It's just what she needed, and it was also what I needed!!! Her DH has gone to work- and brother in law was on his way.

This morning when we were putting a few more things away- I got stung by a wasp/bee?- OUCH!!! On my Right palm by the thumb!! Luckily it didn't get me too good- I reacted really fast. I kept ice on it for about 1/2 hour. (of course no meat tenderizer in the house!). Thankfully I'm not allergic- I didn't know if I was or not since I've only been stung once before and if you are allergic, it's usually the second sting when you find out!

Ducky- I'm so sorry to hear about Goose, but think of the wonderful memories you have and I'm sure he's looking down on you---and he's up there doing what he loves to do!

Marisa- Stay safe- and I'm wondering how you have backup for the phone? I have a car charger for the phone, but it works in the car-how do you get it to work at home? You must have something I don't have (and should get) I've got my phone fully charged and won't use it unless necessary.

Shell Lee- You'll have to tell us all about the surprise for DH!! Have fun!!!!

Ann- Hopefully you won't get too much wind!!! My SIL said he shouldn't get stuck tonight- but couldn't guarantee it! And they just switched him to overnight shift starting Sunday - and his days off. He used to work Wed-Sun off Mon-Tues, now he has to work overnights Fri-Tues with Wed and Thurs off and he has to start this Sunday- so he won't get a day off till Wed!

Off to make some coffee!!!

So far we are getting only showers. We are west of the storm, so probably won't be too bad here, but we will see. I haven't had a chance to pick up the hook yet today, but I do have cupcakes (key lime) in the oven baking. Once they are done, I will probably do some hooking. This is a new recipe, and looked to yummy not to try. this is the test batch! I am making for a family crab feast for next weekend. Still need to make the filling and the frosting - can't wait to try one!

So far we are getting only showers. We are west of the storm, so probably won't be too bad here, but we will see. I haven't had a chance to pick up the hook yet today, but I do have cupcakes (key lime) in the oven baking. Once they are done, I will probably do some hooking. This is a new recipe, and looked to yummy not to try. this is the test batch! I am making for a family crab feast for next weekend. Still need to make the filling and the frosting - can't wait to try one!

Yummy- I love key lime!!! Have one for me!!!

Just a quick hello until the connection breaks (already done it twice while I was typing) to say STAY SAFE everyone in the NE and my prayers are with everyone on the east coast. Been there, done that, hurricanes are not fun!

Love and Hugs!

Hi Toni! :hug Hope you get the internet connection thing fixed! We miss ya! :hug

Checking in---it has begun raining- and is darker outside--but not supposed to hit NJ until later.

DD went out with a few friends for late breakfast and I stayed with Ryan. It's just what she needed, and it was also what I needed!!! Her DH has gone to work- and brother in law was on his way.

This morning when we were putting a few more things away- I got stung by a wasp/bee?- OUCH!!! On my Right palm by the thumb!! Luckily it didn't get me too good- I reacted really fast. I kept ice on it for about 1/2 hour. (of course no meat tenderizer in the house!). Thankfully I'm not allergic- I didn't know if I was or not since I've only been stung once before and if you are allergic, it's usually the second sting when you find out!

Ann- Hopefully you won't get too much wind!!! My SIL said he shouldn't get stuck tonight- but couldn't guarantee it! And they just switched him to overnight shift starting Sunday - and his days off. He used to work Wed-Sun off Mon-Tues, now he has to work overnights Fri-Tues with Wed and Thurs off and he has to start this Sunday- so he won't get a day off till Wed!

Off to make some coffee!!!

We've started to get some rain too. It was coming down pretty good not too long ago,but has let up for now. Just real dark out. I was talking to my youngest son and he was put on standby at work. He works for one of the local towns east of me. He figures he'll be called in to work before midnight and doesn't know when he'll be back home, just like the snowstorms. Now I'm worrying about DIL and the grandkids being alone! He says they're fine, he has the house all set for them, but you know I have to worry! (he's worried too, I could tell). Sorry you got stung by a bee! OUCH! Good thing you're not allergic! That stinks about SIL's hours. You'd think they'd give him some time off to adjust. That happened to DH too when his shift changed. It's hard.

Mmmm, they sound yummy!

good afternoon everyone,

I have bright sunny skies, and its about 82 and perfect out. of course Im in MI so thankfully out of the danger zone.

DD said it was just sprinkling earlier and grey out. she is in VA. they postponed the trip to look for houses until monday since they would have been driving into the hurricane in NC. They have to move the second week of sept. so hopefully they find something. Oh and good news.....They got to keep Hank :yay she was so excited.however because of hank they cant fond an apt. lol but hank is worth it. maybe I will have to take him for a few months.

They got word that the house they bid on up here they didnt get so in a couple weeks they will be coming back up and looking again. hopefully something will hit. I cant imagine moving 3 times in less than a year. nope couldnt make me do it.

good afternoon everyone,

I have bright sunny skies, and its about 82 and perfect out. of course Im in MI so thankfully out of the danger zone.

DD said it was just sprinkling earlier and grey out. she is in VA. they postponed the trip to look for houses until monday since they would have been driving into the hurricane in NC. They have to move the second week of sept. so hopefully they find something. Oh and good news.....They got to keep Hank :yay she was so excited.however because of hank they cant fond an apt. lol but hank is worth it. maybe I will have to take him for a few months.

They got word that the house they bid on up here they didnt get so in a couple weeks they will be coming back up and looking again. hopefully something will hit. I cant imagine moving 3 times in less than a year. nope couldnt make me do it.

Hi there! I'm glad your DD decided to wait until Monday to look for houses. Much safer! Great news about Hank! :yay I hope things work out for a house for them. :hug

Yummy- I love key lime!!! Have one for me!!!

You are Pop's real daughter. I hate key lime (all limes actually), he loves key lime. :lol

good afternoon everyone,

Glad they decided to wait and get to keep Hank!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

hey ladies....it's raining here, worse at times than others but not bad yet and as i wrote that started against the window. i'm on the phone since i did pack up the computer and im glad i did....it was a job :whew i find the phone is easier than the nook for typing. i've made great progress with the packing and after i finish checking in, will crochet for tbhe evening :)

ann...i hope dh and ds r safe at work. take care of urself and keep safe. it will b more nerve racking being there alone. i keep calling my parents :lol

joanne...sorry bout the sting :eek nice to let dd get out a little before being 'stuck' and for u to eat up ryan time :manyheart i have one of those battery pack jumper cables that i keep in my car and it has a car charger adapter on it. so i brought it in yesterday and made sure it had a full charge :) so if it has a car charger, im good :wink

toni...hi sweetie, i hope ur internet starts acting right :hug

lisa...yummy :drool

tonya...enjoy some sun for me please and good idea that dd decided to wait out the storm.

check back later :)

hey ladies....it's raining here, worse at times than others but not bad yet and as i wrote that started against the window. i'm on the phone since i did pack up the computer and im glad i did....it was a job :whew i find the phone is easier than the nook for typing. i've made great progress with the packing and after i finish checking in, will crochet for tbhe evening :)

ann...i hope dh and ds r safe at work. take care of urself and keep safe. it will b more nerve racking being there alone. i keep calling my parents :lol

joanne...sorry bout the sting :eek nice to let dd get out a little before being 'stuck' and for u to eat up ryan time :manyheart i have one of those battery pack jumper cables that i keep in my car and it has a car charger adapter on it. so i brought it in yesterday and made sure it had a full charge :) so if it has a car charger, im good :wink

tonya...enjoy some sun for me please and good idea that dd decided to wait out the storm.

Glad you're checking in with us. I worry about you! That's what I do, worry! :lol I've been playing on Pogo to keep my mind busy. Getting sick of that, now it's time to find a project for my hooks. Think I'll work on some friendship squares. :hug

Glad you're checking in with us. I worry about you! That's what I do, worry! :lol I've been playing on Pogo to keep my mind busy. Getting sick of that, now it's time to find a project for my hooks. Think I'll work on some friendship squares. :hug

i hear ya, im the same way :yes i'll try to check in again before i hit the sack tonight :hug we're all in this together :ghug

:lol That's what I do too Ann- I worry!!! ;) I think I've got to pull out the hook and yarn--I've been having a hard time concentrating so I should probably just work on the mindless RR.

I think I've got to get one of those battery pack jumper cables with a car charger adapter--I only have regular old jumper cables!

You are Pop's real daughter. I hate key lime (all limes actually), he loves key lime. :lol

Glad they decided to wait and get to keep Hank!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

:lol Key lime pie is my absolute favorite dessert, so I really must be Pop's real daughter!!!:lol The first time I had it was in FL many, many, many years ago and I had gotten it in Publix! One of my co-workers makes a really, really good Key Lime Pie and she usually makes one for me on my birthday:manyheart

The wind is starting to pick up here a little. Direct TV keeps cutting off and on. Luckily, our power is underground, so no lines overhead, but the transformer is above ground, but our power rarely goes out. Hope everyone is staying dry.

Marisa and Joanne, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only worrier! :) I know I'm being silly. Every thing will be fine. I might get a little freaky if we lose power and DH has to stay at work! :lol I'm not sure how long my feeding pump will last. I've had it on the charger all evening so I should be good for at least a day if the power goes out. I wish this stupid headache would be done with, I know that! :P Could be the storm is part of it now too. Ahh, just another challenge... DH will be getting up for work soon, so I'll say good night now. If I'm up during the night (more than likely, lol) I'll check in. Please stay safe everyone! :hug

Good morning- we made it through the night- DH sleeping like a baby, me up every hour or so.The winds have kicked up, but power is still on for now. I'm having some good coffee while I still have power on. I'll check in as I'm able to.

Hugs!

Good Morning! Raining and windy here. How's everyone else holding up?

Good morning- we made it through the night- DH sleeping like a baby, me up every hour or so.The winds have kicked up, but power is still on for now. I'm having some good coffee while I still have power on. I'll check in as I'm able to.

Hugs!

I managed to sleep thru most of the night. Finally got up for good at 5. Stay safe! :hug

Checking in again at 8:15 still raining- but it seems that the winds have died down some where I am---power is still on. So while that is the case, I'm putting on another pot of coffee. They are saying that it should be out of here by early afternoon-

My youngest just texted me that they lost power last night. I heard on the news that there are lots of road closures due to flooding.

Keep the prayers coming for the NE

hey ladies, im here im here!!!!

made it thru thed night and slept off and on. power flickered a couple times, but i never actually lost it. lots of flooding around here, but im fortunate and didnt have any problems myself :) its still raining, but the nasty stuff is over. still have flash flood warnings and bhad tornade warnings until 5 this morning...but i was fortunate there as well. i hope the rest of u fare as well as i did :hug still :xfin not to lose power.

:hug :hug :hug

Glad to hear from you Marisa!! Irene has headed up north- landfall on Coney Island (Brooklyn, NY)

I consider myself very fortunate that I still have power, have no flooding....there are so many roads closed due to flooding and even NJ Turnpike (i.e. I-95) closed from Exit 11-12 due to flooding--We are not out of the woods yet as far as flooding and loss of power....There is a ban on driving in my town and in my county- only essential personnel are allowed on the roads.

Continued prayers for all in Irene's path!!!!

Good to hear from you Marisa! Glad you didn't have any problems. Joanne, glad you are fairing well too! DH made it home from work. They didn't have all their personnel show up, but he wasn't on the mandate list, so home he came! He said that the small streams he needs to cross to get home were about to cover the roads. That was at 9:30. The power keeps blinking off/on, same with internet. Nothing out for long though. Just hope it holds out til the cupcakes are finished baking! :lol

Archived