crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

So glad to hear you girls are all okay. Praying your electric stays on. :hug

eta: I just saw another storm is brewing in the Atlantic. Looks like it's going to be a long hurricane season. :(

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann- Glad that DH got home safe and sound. I just heard from DD in Boston area. Thunderstorms, and wind/ She lives on top of a hill and doesn't normally get flooding. She is hoping for the best! Of course trees could come down, etc.

Praying that Irene gets out of the NE soon!! Just saw some video of downtown Manhattan by where the Staten Island Ferry goes- it's all flooded! This was one crazy storm- and I hope the last I ever have to experience. I really feel so blessed...A friend just texted me a picture of her sister's house- the flooding is up to the windows!!!!

So glad to hear you girls are all okay. Praying your electric stays on. :hug

eta: I just saw another storm is brewing in the Atlantic. Looks like it's going to be a long hurricane season. :(

Lights keep blinking but so far, so good! Ugh, not another one...

Ann- Glad that DH got home safe and sound. I just heard from DD in Boston area. Thunderstorms, and wind/ She lives on top of a hill and doesn't normally get flooding. She is hoping for the best! Of course trees could come down, etc.

Praying that Irene gets out of the NE soon!! Just saw some video of downtown Manhattan by where the Staten Island Ferry goes- it's all flooded! This was one crazy storm- and I hope the last I ever have to experience. I really feel so blessed...A friend just texted me a picture of her sister's house- the flooding is up to the windows!!!!

Oh, those poor people! I will be glad when this is over with. DH just headed to bed. I have orders to wake him it the power goes out. :think I'm glad that your DD lives up high. We live on a rise so should be safe from flooding too. Not many trees close to the house either.

glad to hear from those in the path of the hurricane. im about the samew as i was yesterday...in a funk. i know i cant bring carlos (goose) back but im probably as lost as im sure the family is at this moment.

Glad to hear everyone is safe from the storm! Still windy here this afternoon. DH, DD #1 & her boyfriend just left to see the Orioles vs. Yankees game that was postponed last night. Go Yankees!!

glad to hear from those in the path of the hurricane. im about the samew as i was yesterday...in a funk. i know i cant bring carlos (goose) back but im probably as lost as im sure the family is at this moment.

Hugs and prayers for you and for his family

Glad to hear everyone is safe from the storm! Still windy here this afternoon. DH, DD #1 & her boyfriend just left to see the Orioles vs. Yankees game that was postponed last night. Go Yankees!!

I was watching the afternoon game- and Orioles won:( It's a shame because Colon pitched a good game! Hopefully, the Yankees can win tonight!!!(that would be fair don't you think? The MD teams win in the afternoon--the NY(NJ) team wins at night!

i finally heard it on the news....its official official....carlos (goose) lost control of his bike not far from home......i lost it AGAIN when they were talking about it

So glad that it's moved off now. We still have some winds and drizzle but that's it. I don't think we have a pear left in the tree by the house! That's no big deal, they aren't eating pear anyway, but what a mess on the ground! We'll see what the Barlett pear and the apple trees look like tomorrow. Dh already knows that a couple of the tomato plants got knocked down. Guess we're lucky by the looks of some of the pictures I've been seeing.

:hug

Glad they still get to enjoy the game!

I was watching the afternoon game- and Orioles won:( It's a shame because Colon pitched a good game! Hopefully, the Yankees can win tonight!!!(that would be fair don't you think? The MD teams win in the afternoon--the NY(NJ) team wins at night!

:lol

i finally heard it on the news....its official official....carlos (goose) lost control of his bike not far from home......i lost it AGAIN when they were talking about it

:hug:hug:hug

Just a quick check in ladies, all continues to be well here. Alot of flooding around but i didnt get any water nor power loss :)

I try to get in tomorrow but am drivingto allentown to meet my pparents and pick up my dad so we can go pick up the truck tues morning and pack up to leave.

Just a quick check in ladies, all continues to be well here. Alot of flooding around but i didnt get any water nor power loss :)

I try to get in tomorrow but am drivingto allentown to meet my pparents and pick up my dad so we can go pick up the truck tues morning and pack up to leave.

Ok, good to know in case we don't hear from you tomorrow. Glad you haven't had any water problems. The winds are picking up again around here. Must be the tail end of things.

I'm outa here for the night. DH is getting ready to head to work soon that means it's time for Juno and me to go to bed! :lol See you in the morning!

Good evening all! It's been a long weekend, fun but long. Got to see my SIL, great niece and great-great niece. They left about 7:30 this evening. Had a great birthday party for littlest GS and he loved his big yellow truck that I found (actually it was from mommy but she couldn't get out to shop).

Ducky - so very sorry to hear the news about your friends. Prayers said for the family and for you. Remember all the good times. :hug:hug

Joanne - glad you got some Ryan time!

Ann - hope things are still well with you all.

I've been praying for all of you that live in the NE.

I've missed a lot but I've read it all. :hug to all that need them, safety for all those in the path of Irene, sweet dreams to all.

just called my work- no power- they are planning to open at noon, but we have to call back at 10 to see if they are still planning to open. There are many, many road closures due to flooding-

Thankfully, all three of my DD's are fine- 2 here in NJ and one in Boston and we all have power. My youngest was the only one to lose power- it was out for about 12 hours- and is back on. She said they may lose their water though, so her bathtub is full and she has plenty of drinking water.

Safe travels Marisa- and please keep in touch as you can so we know you are safe and sound in Pitt!!!!

Ann- I hope that your night was uneventful.

Ducky- There are no words other than I am so very sorry for your loss:hug:hug

Mama K- How is DD doing? Hope she is feeling better and back to herself- and that you were able to get in a little relaxation for yourself.

Sue- Is today the day you start back to school?

Jana-:hug Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Sherry- So happy that you had a great weekend!!

Steph- How are you feeling?

Well, I'm glad that my family is fine and that we came through Irene with minimal damage. But there are so many people still without power, still with flooding (with rivers continuing to rise) so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers:hug

Quick hello. Daughter still having temps (105.9 on Friday), strep throat but this thing isn't getting kicked as usual. No sleep. Missed work Friday. Missing again today, try to get in to doctor again today. Doctor's office said doing all I can, can take up to 72 hours for temps to stay down. We are almost at 72. Her temp now is almost 100 and going up.

Hope everyone is safe out east.

kuddles

Quick hello. Daughter still having temps (105.9 on Friday), strep throat but this thing isn't getting kicked as usual. No sleep. Missed work Friday. Missing again today, try to get in to doctor again today. Doctor's office said doing all I can, can take up to 72 hours for temps to stay down. We are almost at 72. Her temp now is almost 100 and going up.

Hope everyone is safe out east.

kuddles

Good idea to get her back to the doctor- those are some mighty high temps!!! :hug

Storm: I hope everyone that got hit is safe.

Joanne: yes, first day of school today. Won't be bad. Along with me in class are 2 of my volunteers from work (we made sure we all had the same class together). :)

Mama: I hope little one is feeling better. :(

Stephanie: this time of year there's always something brewing in the Atlantic and/or Gulf. It will be like this for another 3 months.

I keep forgetting to take my camera to work, but my boss got this picture for me. I'm holding our red tailed hawk, Leo.

post-28075-135897692492_thumb.jpg

Hello World ~ So sorry that I haven't popped in for a long time. But I am here today with a little angel sitting on my shoulder telling me everything will be alright and to put a smile on my face. Since you girls always help with that smile thing, here I am :D (see, working already)

Had the grandkids this weekend. Sure helped keep my mind off of my son's gf and what she is facing this week. The big surgery is scheduled for Friday. I leave Wed with my parents and my son to head out to Houston. Keri arrived there on Monday for pre-op appts. Thanks so much for all the prayers. His ways are not always our own, but so thankful for the blessings he has shown already. Praying for more of the same.

I haven't been able to read all the posts, please forgive me. So :hug to all who need them, angels of safety for those who dealt with Irene this past weekend.

Must get to work, but please know that even tho I don't check in as much as I used to, you girls are thought of often. :yes

Toodles!

Good idea to get her back to the doctor- those are some mighty high temps!!! :hug

Got an appt at 11:20 with her 'usual' doc. Read about a drug resistant strep out there. Who knows but I'm exhausted! Thanks!

Storm: I hope everyone that got hit is safe.

Mama: I hope little one is feeling better. :(

I keep forgetting to take my camera to work, but my boss got this picture for me. I'm holding our red tailed hawk, Leo.

[ATTACH]44653[/ATTACH]

Thanks hon, she isn't but at least I have a doc appt late morning.

Good luck in class.

love ya

Mama K

Good luck in class today Sue- and it should be fun having some friends in the class with you. Great pic of you and Leo!!!

Kuddles- Glad you got the appt this morning! Positive thoughts she is well SOON!!!

Jana- Happy to hear from you and prayers are continuing for her DS's GF!! Safe travels to Houston later in the week. And despite lots of flooding still around the state, my family and I are safe and sound...now to figure out how to get around with so many rivers flooding and roads closed...but we are safe and that is what is most important!!!

Good Morning Friends.........*

° ° ˛˚˛ * _Π____*

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */________/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ 田田|門|

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Praying for all of you that are in the path of the storm! Do stay safe!!!

Just poppin' to say :hi HI and check on you all! I'll have to catch up later!

Busy weekend kept me away and I fell behind on posts! Patrick had double header ball games yesterday..... Gosh is good to be at a baseball game again. Those were for the Fall ball team from UBA (Ultimate Baseball Academy) then he had practice with the Sr Legion boys. He was pooped last night.

mamaK........ I am so praying for your daughter! :hug

Sue.........That is an awesome pic! What a beautiful bird!

Jana..... continuing to pray for Keri

ducky....... honey I'm so sorry for your loss!

Joanne......... well... you can get some extra crochet time in while you wait for work to open. :hook stay safe hon!

Ann........... all okay your way?

I'm busy crocheting for the fundraiser and craft fair! Gosh I hope this goes well!

you all have a great day and I'll be back later to hopefully catch up better!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Hey ladies, just a quick check. I have some errands to run andthen drivin to allentown to meetmy parents and im going to leave early to take back my cable and internet equipment since it has to go to bethlehem and since ill be that far, am going to hobby lobby too. I probably wont b back until tomorrow night from my parents house.

Good morning all,

Stopping in to say hi and hope everyone is safe.

Prayers for the little girl hoping she gets well soon.

Prayers for keri, hope all turns out well.

Sue thats a nice picture.

I have to get busy around here so will be on later.

Sue................ THANK YOU SO MUCH!

A box came today with two awesome totes in it from you for my fundraiser! They are too cool! The SBT's colors are really neat and the felted tote............ LOVE IT!

Thank you sweetie!!! :hug

post-18634-135897692512_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Jana, praying for your son's gf. :hug

Kuddles, praying for your dd as well. :hug

Sue, nice pic! I couldn't see his red tail though. :P

Crystal, so sorry for your loss. :hug

Joanne, to use Kuddles word: WOOT for your unexpected day off. :lol

Tam, great bags there!

Everyone else, try to have a good Monday. :hi

I have to go get my car tag renewed... fun fun fun.

Archived