crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good morning children! On my 4th (or is it 5th) cup of coffee, still trying to wake up!

We finally got the rain we've been needing! Yesterday quite the storm went thru......but boy we needed it! Got to turn off the air again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good day yesterday, got some stuff done around the house. DD is feeling better which is a blessing and a curse......she thinks she is all that now, but is still tired so we go from 0 to 60 often! She'll be better today, and better tomorrow....

Monday I have a babysitter (woot!) and a friend and I are going to the Frankfort Fest. Tons of craft booths! I got some birthday money (thanks Mom!) so may treat myself to a pair of earrings or a bracelet!

I did a lot of crocheting yesterday while I made sure DD was taking it easy part of the day. Finished a tote that I named Snowcapped Mountain Tote. I'll post a pic when I can. Started another this morning (yes at 6 am while DD is watching cartoons) with Cotton Ease (finally, I got some from the HIJ plus bought some on clearance) so I'm excited to see how the dark gray and terracotta look together!

Wow this is long! Guess I had a lot to catch up on!

Back to my coffee and my DD! Have a GREAT day everyone!

Mama Kuddles

Hi there MamaK!!!

So happy that DD is getting back to feeling herself:clap Love the name of the tote! I'm intrigued to see what this one looks like ---I know it'll be gorgeous, just like everything you make! I had bought a bunch of the CottonEase on clearance too!!! I really like it--and I have terracotta and grey too. (great minds, you know:lol--plus clearance prices doesn't hurt:lol)

The RR I am making (and hope to finish today) is made with Cotton Ease and i love it- it's lake (blue), taupe and maize (golden yellow).

Laundry is done!! Just need to fold the clothes---and then it's hooky time for a little bit!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone! I haven't read through all the posts yet this morning because I am trying to get the kids ready for the zoo. Super excited to spend the day with my kiddos doing something fun now that the temperatures are FINALLY below 100!!!

OKC here we come!!!

Anybody know where the good craft stores are in OKC??? :lol

My favorite name is for a female tort...Nueve. She was the ninth to come in for the year and we couldn't think of a name. I kept calling her "Nine" and the boss didn't like her just having a number. :D

:turtle:vheart

That's an adorable name!

Hi Ann!! Coffee is ready!!! On my 2nd cup (which has now become YOUR cup):hug

You're a sweetie! Thanks! ;)

Good morning children! On my 4th (or is it 5th) cup of coffee, still trying to wake up!

We finally got the rain we've been needing! Yesterday quite the storm went thru......but boy we needed it! Got to turn off the air again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good day yesterday, got some stuff done around the house. DD is feeling better which is a blessing and a curse......she thinks she is all that now, but is still tired so we go from 0 to 60 often! She'll be better today, and better tomorrow....

Monday I have a babysitter (woot!) and a friend and I are going to the Frankfort Fest. Tons of craft booths! I got some birthday money (thanks Mom!) so may treat myself to a pair of earrings or a bracelet!

I did a lot of crocheting yesterday while I made sure DD was taking it easy part of the day. Finished a tote that I named Snowcapped Mountain Tote. I'll post a pic when I can. Started another this morning (yes at 6 am while DD is watching cartoons) with Cotton Ease (finally, I got some from the HIJ plus bought some on clearance) so I'm excited to see how the dark gray and terracotta look together!

Mama Kuddles

So glad that DD is acting more herself! Enjoy your time with your friend. I love the name of your new tote. Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Good morning everyone! I haven't read through all the posts yet this morning because I am trying to get the kids ready for the zoo. Super excited to spend the day with my kiddos doing something fun now that the temperatures are FINALLY below 100!!!

OKC here we come!!!

Anybody know where the good craft stores are in OKC??? :lol

The zoo sounds like fun! Have a great time!!!

afternoon everyone. Storms came through at my lace last night. They got pretty bad. We are ok, but some trees were hurt pretty bad and I have no power. We heard it will be out until tomorrow at the earliest. So I won't be on till probably tues. Or wed. Since I have to get my school work done first and yep internet is out now so it will be a mad scramble. In the mean time I am enjoying the no air. No lights no tv...and high humidity....note the sarcasm I strongly dislike not having technogy around me. :( have a good labor day everyone

afternoon everyone. Storms came through at my lace last night. They got pretty bad. We are ok, but some trees were hurt pretty bad and I have no power. We heard it will be out until tomorrow at the earliest. So I won't be on till probably tues. Or wed. Since I have to get my school work done first and yep internet is out now so it will be a mad scramble. In the mean time I am enjoying the no air. No lights no tv...and high humidity....note the sarcasm I strongly dislike not having technogy around me. :( have a good labor day everyone

Oh, so sorry to hear this!!! I truly empathize with you---and I hear the folks in Louisiana are not having good weather with Trop Storm Lee either...Mother Nature is spreading her wrath around the country!!!:hugThe President is in NJ today to survey the damage that Irene caused!!!

:hug:hug:hug

Here tis.......Snow Capped Mountain Tote. With beads. Cause I have a lot of them. and cause I like beads.

kuddles

Love it!!!!

Love the names and the creativity!!!! Can you name one Espresso or Cappuccino?:lol:lol

I think Cappuccino is on the list after Frappe. :)

Mama Kuddles

Glad you're going to get some time without DD and in the company of another adult...well, maybe one of you is an adult...:lol

Glad you're safe! :hug

Here tis.......Snow Capped Mountain Tote. With beads. Cause I have a lot of them. and cause I like beads.

kuddles

Love it!

I've been tortoise sitting for a co-worker. She hated having to leave her little ones alone and was going to take them across the state with her. I told her to drop them off and they could stay with Monty since his enclosure has plenty of room. They were all sleeping in the log and I had to get a picture. Didn't know Walt stuck his head up until I took the picture. He looks like he's asking "Is Mom here yet?" :lol

Left to right...Roy, Walt (head sticking up) and Monty (mine).

post-28075-135897693795_thumb.jpg

Glad you're going to get some time without DD and in the company of another adult...well, maybe one of you is an adult...:lol

Love it!

Yeah neither of us are 'adults' and that is why we get along!

Thanks about the tote!

I've been tortoise sitting for a co-worker. She hated having to leave her little ones alone and was going to take them across the state with her. I told her to drop them off and they could stay with Monty since his enclosure has plenty of room. They were all sleeping in the log and I had to get a picture. Didn't know Walt stuck his head up until I took the picture. He looks like he's asking "Is Mom here yet?" :lol

[ATTACH]44861[/ATTACH]

Cute and cool!

kuddles

This is Sue's Hobo Hearts pattern. I love this pattern. I only did 2 rows of hearts instead of 3 but the purse came out really big anyway. I used an H hook and cotton yarn. I love you the way it came out. Just have to finish the lining. :cheer:clap:yay

post-45262-135897693813_thumb.jpg

post-45262-135897693815_thumb.jpg

Having a nice day again today!!! The Yankees won their game and I only have 1 more round on the RR!!!

Sky is getting cloudy- so I think we may have an angel bowling game in a little bit.

Congrats on the win and can't wait to see a pic of the RR when you're done!!!

[ATTACH]44861[/ATTACH]

Awww, so cute!!!

This is Sue's Hobo Hearts pattern. I love this pattern. I only did 2 rows of hearts instead of 3 but the purse came out really big anyway. I used an H hook and cotton yarn. I love you the way it came out. Just have to finish the lining. :cheer:clap:yay

Love it!!!

Love the pic of Roy, Walt and Monty, Sue. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!!! Oh, and glad to hear that Cappucino is the next name up for the turtles!!

Lil hippie- the Hobo Hearts tote came out great- I love your color choices!!!

I finished my RR!! Woot!!! Ends all weaved in and I'll try and get a pic tomorrow!

Tomorrow before we head to DD's for the Bar-b-que, I hope to get back to the felted ripple tote and finish another Shelly scarf. Then, I plan to do another Stash Buster Tote since those are my favorite- I don't have to think when I make those--and they work up so fast since you use two strands of yarn!!!

Rise and Shine Sleepy Heads!!! What do you think this is a holiday or something? :lol I've been up since 5, but haven't really gotten anything accompished. Just piddling around on the computer. I frogged back 10 rows of hubbies hat yesterday, so I'll work on that today. Hopefully it will be "right" this time! :reyes Enjoy the day everyone! :hug

I finished my RR!! Woot!!! Ends all weaved in and I'll try and get a pic tomorrow!

Tomorrow before we head to DD's for the Bar-b-que, I hope to get back to the felted ripple tote and finish another Shelly scarf. Then, I plan to do another Stash Buster Tote since those are my favorite- I don't have to think when I make those--and they work up so fast since you use two strands of yarn!!!

Looking forward to seeing the RR!!! You sure have a busy day planned! :lol Have a good one! :hug

Good morning!

Yes, It IS a holiday, Ann:lol:lol:lol

I got up early as usual and then forced myself to stay in bed and I fell asleep:c9

Having my coffee and almost ready to fill up the cup for Ann!

Kuddles- Have fun at the Frankfort (sp?) Fest today---buy yourself something pretty with your birthday money!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Hey everyone,

My dad and I have been working diligently all week during the days and then there's usually something going on in the evening. Yesterday my sister had a BBQ with kabobs and a couple friends came over as well as her bf sisters family, I just love them.

Got a room painted yesterday and another taped up and ready to go. The guys are doing some work so that needs to get done before I can really get going in there. But all is going well. My mom and aunt helped clean over the weekend too. They're leaving today and will probably be back when I'm able to get stuff dine in the building.

I did not go back to read what I've missed....10 pages was just too much for me this morning. The troops are starting to wake up around here so I guess it'll get crazy in a short time, but I enjoyed my quiet early morning time.

I'll try to make it back much sooner next visit.

Hey everyone,

My dad and I have been working diligently all week during the days and then there's usually something going on in the evening. Yesterday my sister had a BBQ with kabobs and a couple friends came over as well as her bf sisters family, I just love them.

Got a room painted yesterday and another taped up and ready to go. The guys are doing some work so that needs to get done before I can really get going in there. But all is going well. My mom and aunt helped clean over the weekend too. They're leaving today and will probably be back when I'm able to get stuff dine in the building.

I did not go back to read what I've missed....10 pages was just too much for me this morning. The troops are starting to wake up around here so I guess it'll get crazy in a short time, but I enjoyed my quiet early morning time.

Glad to hear from you Marisa and seems that you are working very hard to get your office ready for business!!! That's great that you took some time off to enjoy a bar-b-que!!!! :hug

:yay WOW!! Love it! I have to try it in cotton now. :lol

Rise and Shine Sleepy Heads!!! What do you think this is a holiday or something? :lol I've been up since 5, but haven't really gotten anything accompished. Just piddling around on the computer. I frogged back 10 rows of hubbies hat yesterday, so I'll work on that today. Hopefully it will be "right" this time! :reyes Enjoy the day everyone! :hug

I actually have a holiday!! :yay Wed. I only have lecture for 2 hours, then the rest of the day off and because my hours have been "over" lately I get this Friday off too!! :yay

Hey everyone,

Glad things are moving along for you!! :hug

I hope everyone has a good Labor Day, though I know some areas will be getting lots of rain. It's raining lightly here now, with more than 4 1/2" from T.S. Lee. Most of that was yesterday. I know many places got much more than that.

So I got lots of relaxing and reading done, and some crocheting, too. And I'll be doing more of the same before we head back home today.

Good morning!

Yes, It IS a holiday, Ann:lol:lol:lol

I got up early as usual and then forced myself to stay in bed and I fell asleep:c9

Having my coffee and almost ready to fill up the cup for Ann!

Kuddles- Have fun at the Frankfort (sp?) Fest today---buy yourself something pretty with your birthday money!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Yes it is a holiday! :D I tried to force myself back to bed but it was no use. Juno stayed in bed though! :lol

Hey everyone,

So nice to hear from you! You're moving right along! Glad you could take time out to relax at the BBQ!

:yay WOW!! Love it! I have to try it in cotton now. :lol

I actually have a holiday!! :yay Wed. I only have lecture for 2 hours, then the rest of the day off and because my hours have been "over" lately I get this Friday off too!! :yay

Glad things are moving along for you!! :hug

Yay! You get some time off!!! :yay

I hope everyone has a good Labor Day, though I know some areas will be getting lots of rain. It's raining lightly here now, with more than 4 1/2" from T.S. Lee. Most of that was yesterday. I know many places got much more than that.

So I got lots of relaxing and reading done, and some crocheting, too. And I'll be doing more of the same before we head back home today.

Yeah, it's overcast here today. Supposed to get super foggy by the end of the day. That's ok, we don't have any plans. Dh is just pulling in from work, so he'll be heading to bed soon anyway.

Have a great day all!:hug

Here's pics of three Shelly scarves as well as the Cotton-Ease RR----now I'm off to get a few things to bring to the BBQ---have a great day!!!

Love the scarves! I don't think I've ever used that pattern. I know I have it saved. Gonna go pull it out now! The RR is gorgeous!!! Love the colors!!! :clap

Archived