crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning Everyone!

Looks like I'm back to my old schedule, at least for today. Oh well, I knew it couldn't last. :( On the bright side maybe I'll get some crocheting done today! :hook I have plenty of time! :lol

Mary, I'm glad that you had a good day at the market and got to play hookey and watch your granddaughter play soccer. They are so much fun at that age! Both my boys played soccer for several years and it was fun watching them progress thru the years. The little ones would stand there and pluck grass or look at the clouds, run the wrong way! It was a riot! :lol

Sherry, looking forward to pics of your little football player! My youngest son played for a couple of years before high school. I'm trying to remember what it was called. It wasn't pee wee, but just after that I think.:think He loved it! But he needed surgery on his elbow and couldn't play any more. He has coached for his son now! Yup, my grandson is playing too! Sure wish we didn't live so far away. I've only been to one of his games. This is his 3rd year playing I believe. Don't forget all the things you need next time! My "must need" was the cushion to sit on! Those bleachers are hard! :lol

Sue, enjoy the Expo today! :cheer

Kuddles, have a great day with DD!

Joanne, please have an extra cuppa for me today! Pretty please!

Tam, hope your head is feeling better.

Steph, hope you are feeling better!

To all my dear friends here, I wish you health and a wonderful, happy day!:hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Sherry- How fun to watch your grandson play football-and I agree with Ann- cushion for the bleachers is a must!!!:lol. I spent plenty a day and night at either soccer games/softball games/football games (when youngest was a cheerleader in HS)

Mary-:clap for a good day at the market and for getting to watch your GD play soccer!!! Hope today is just as successful!!!

Ann- I've got the coffee on and I'll be sure to have another cup in a few- for you!!!:hug I'm hoping to get in some crocheting today myself. Only thing I "have to" do is the laundry- and I can crochet and do that at the same time!

Sue- Have fun at the expo today!!!

Steph- Hope you are starting to feel better- miss you around here--:hug

Tam- Are the boys still playing baseball? How's Patrick's job going?

Mama K- How was the walking at the mall? When you mentioned running to the mall to walk, it reminded me of four weeks ago when I took my DD walking at the mall and a few hours later, she went into labor:lol Can't believe it's been 4 weeks already since the little guy was born!!! :manyheart

Toni- How was your day with your Mama yesterday? Been meaning to ask- did you ever finish the socks for her? I seem to be generating WIPS here- I have a shrug the felted ripple tote, the RR, a SBT and now a scarf started.

Tonya- Did that house work out for Kendra? Or is she still house hunting?

Well, off to get that cup of coffee for Ann---see you all later!

they are suppose to find put tomorrow. there were "supposedly" multiple bids on it so they got to re-bid.

honestly I hope they start over and find something else because they are now bidding 15,000 over asking price. and I think they need a new real estate guy.( I really dont like this guy) but Im only mom so what do I know :think

they are suppose to find put tomorrow. there were "supposedly" multiple bids on it so they got to re-bid.

honestly I hope they start over and find something else because they are now bidding 15,000 over asking price. and I think they need a new real estate guy.( I really dont like this guy) but Im only mom so what do I know :think

Unless the house is going to appraise at that price, not worth it, IMO, but what do I know? I'm only a Mom too- :lol But sometimes a "mom's gut" tells us things---maybe they do need another realtor!

Good Morning All!

The first Sunday I can sleep in and DH has to go to work at 7 :sigh. Oh well, I can spend a little time here before DD gets up and wants the computer :lol

Ann & Joanne - had folding stadium seats for the football games cause bleachers are soooo uncomfortable. They played at a park yesterday and there wasn't anything to sit on, had to take lawn chairs. Here's a picture of him in his gear. DD posted a better one on my facebook, if I can figure out how to save it where I can post it, I will.

Tonya - I agree, they need a new realtor. You can't buy a house for more than the appraisal.

Well we tied the all-time record yesterday for 50 days of 100+ temperatures during the summer (happened back in 1980), and today is supposed to over 100, so we will probably break that record. Not one I was hoping that we'd tie or break. I can't believe it's so hot and dry. I know Texas is just as hard hit as we are with the drought. My tomatoes aren't doing well at all, it's just way too hot.

post-27829-135897689955_thumb.jpg

Ann - hi! WE are going to have the glorious weather today! Woot! And thanks, another day with DD, hope the '7 year old' is around today and not the 4 year old! LOL :eek

Joanne - thanks! I've made a LOT of totes already with that 'southwest tote' pattern! And that turtle light, well what can I say! She is SPOILED! And the walk went well at the mall! Two levels, lots of people, but we dodged most and got in a decent walk. And wow, I guess I didn't realize you walked your gal and she went into labor! Wow! :think

Sherry, sounds like fun! I imagine I'll have lots of laughs when DD plays a 'sport'. I know I can sign her up for hockey soon at school.....should be funny er I mean fun to watch 6 and 7 year olds playing that! :cheer

Tonyal - yes! New person is needed! :angry

Sherry - what a doll he is! But oh my! That is NOT a record you want to tie or break! How you have survived the heat is beyond me hon! Yikes! :eek

Love from Mama Kuddles :manyheart

Good Morning All!

The first Sunday I can sleep in and DH has to go to work at 7 :sigh. Oh well, I can spend a little time here before DD gets up and wants the computer :lol

Ann & Joanne - had folding stadium seats for the football games cause bleachers are soooo uncomfortable. They played at a park yesterday and there wasn't anything to sit on, had to take lawn chairs. Here's a picture of him in his gear. DD posted a better one on my facebook, if I can figure out how to save it where I can post it, I will.

Tonya - I agree, they need a new realtor. You can't buy a house for more than the appraisal.

Well we tied the all-time record yesterday for 50 days of 100+ temperatures during the summer (happened back in 1980), and today is supposed to over 100, so we will probably break that record. Not one I was hoping that we'd tie or break. I can't believe it's so hot and dry. I know Texas is just as hard hit as we are with the drought. My tomatoes aren't doing well at all, it's just way too hot.

Great picture!!! Can't imagine playing ANY sport in 100+ degree temperatures--never mind even watching someone play in that heat. Hope they stay well hydrated... I sure hope that you stop breaking records with the heat over there in OK!!!

Ann - hi! WE are going to have the glorious weather today! Woot! And thanks, another day with DD, hope the '7 year old' is around today and not the 4 year old! LOL :eek

Joanne - thanks! I've made a LOT of totes already with that 'southwest tote' pattern! And that turtle light, well what can I say! She is SPOILED! And the walk went well at the mall! Two levels, lots of people, but we dodged most and got in a decent walk. And wow, I guess I didn't realize you walked your gal and she went into labor! Wow! :think

We have sunshine here so far-around 78- supposed to go to mid 80's with chance of T-storms this afternoon. Glad you are having glorious weather! Fingers crossed that you have your 7 year old daughter today!:)

Yup, she was saying how it was so hot to walk outside and get exercise, so I kept on her to come with me walking at the mall- Well, she finally said OK and we walked for about 45 minutes, I dropped her off at her house at 10PM--She started labor at midnight!!!

Have a splendiferous day everyone---WOOT!;)

Good morning!

Ann- I've got the coffee on and I'll be sure to have another cup in a few- for you!!!:hug I'm hoping to get in some crocheting today myself. Only thing I "have to" do is the laundry- and I can crochet and do that at the same time!

Well, off to get that cup of coffee for Ann---see you all later!

Thanks for having the coffee for me! I've had my nap now and I need the boost to get me going! :lol

Errr, yeah, sounds like a new rep is needed. Can't be paying over asking price these days!

Good Morning All!

Aww,he's cute! I can't imagine playing in 100 degree temps though! Whew, hope you guys have lots of water for them and yourselves at the games. The chairs definitely sound much better than bleachers! :lol Hope you get some cooler weather soon! :hug

Glad you're getting the wonderful weather today! Hope your "7 yr old" sticks around today! :lol Have a great day! :hug

[quote name=grannyannie;2334197

Mary' date=' I'm glad that you had a good day at the market and got to play hookey and watch your granddaughter play soccer. They are so much fun at that age! Both my boys played soccer for several years and it was fun watching them progress thru the years. The little ones would stand there and pluck grass or look at the clouds, run the wrong way! It was a riot! :lol[/quote]SOOO funny you should say plucking at the grass because she was doing EXACTLY that on the sidelines! :lol

I'll have to post some pictures later

I was working on my RR and ran out of yarn 3/4 of the way on the round.:eek. The angels are going to be bowling soon so I'm not heading out to the store. I worked on the ripple tote for a while and got stuck. Now I guess I'll go on to the scarf I started last night.

At least the Yankees are winning:clap

Finished the first of the seven sock monkeys for my sister's class room. Started working on the second one today. Can't wait to finish the gang! I need to make a hat for my youngest DD's boyfriend's nephew (he's 7 months old). DD cheers & Boyfriend plays football for the high school. I plan on using the school colors (red & black). I was thinking of making an ear flap hat (pattern is in the Crochet World - Crochet for babies & kids). I am thining the base of the hat would be red and the flaps black, but will still use the "cloud" yarn in white. Only one game is not a night game, so we need to keep the little guy warm!! well need to get off the computer and get back to crocheting.

A quick hello, having connection issues and keep losing signal :(

Sue, that turtle is soooooooooooo darn cute!

Joanne, yes, Roll Tide is for UA Alabama Crimson Tide and have now gotten an order to make another one. It was well liked :-)

Speaking of, the box of goodies for the church members finally found it's way back to the church and I gave out everything. They were so appreciative and wanted to know if I was selling the stuff. Told them no, these were gifts from around the country and me to brighten their day, say thank you for their prayers and that I am blessed and it's my way of giving back along with the help of some great ladies I know :) So :hug :hug :hug to all who helped to make this a success.

To everyone, sorry but the signal is getting weak again, so frustrating!

DIL and Maddie are coming to visit tomorrow!!!! :cheer:clap:yay:c9

SOOO funny you should say plucking at the grass because she was doing EXACTLY that on the sidelines! :lol

I'll have to post some pictures later

:lol Love to see some pics!

I was working on my RR and ran out of yarn 3/4 of the way on the round.:eek. The angels are going to be bowling soon so I'm not heading out to the store. I worked on the ripple tote for a while and got stuck. Now I guess I'll go on to the scarf I started last night.

At least the Yankees are winning:clap

Oh no! Does this mean you're forced to go yarn shopping? :eek:devil Hope the angels stop bowling soon so you can get what you need! At least you have WIPs to keep you busy! :lol and the Yankees of course! :lol

Finished the first of the seven sock monkeys for my sister's class room. Started working on the second one today. Can't wait to finish the gang! I need to make a hat for my youngest DD's boyfriend's nephew (he's 7 months old). DD cheers & Boyfriend plays football for the high school. I plan on using the school colors (red & black). I was thinking of making an ear flap hat (pattern is in the Crochet World - Crochet for babies & kids). I am thining the base of the hat would be red and the flaps black, but will still use the "cloud" yarn in white. Only one game is not a night game, so we need to keep the little guy warm!! well need to get off the computer and get back to crocheting.

The hat sounds cute! You'll have the sock monkeys done before you know it! :cheer

It's wonderful!

How was the Expo? This face should say it all. Meet Cooter, my new baby box turtle. :)

[ATTACH]44215[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! He's so cute!!!!!

How was the Expo? This face should say it all. Meet Cooter, my new baby box turtle. :)

[ATTACH]44215[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

WOOT WOOT WOOTINGTON! ADORABLE!

Speaking of, the box of goodies for the church members finally found it's way back to the church and I gave out everything. They were so appreciative and wanted to know if I was selling the stuff. Told them no, these were gifts from around the country and me to brighten their day, say thank you for their prayers and that I am blessed and it's my way of giving back along with the help of some great ladies I know :) So :hug :hug :hug to all who helped to make this a success.

I was so happy to help! I'm sure everyone was! So glad to hear it brightened them!!!

kuddles

A quick hello, having connection issues and keep losing signal :(

Sue, that turtle is soooooooooooo darn cute!

Joanne, yes, Roll Tide is for UA Alabama Crimson Tide and have now gotten an order to make another one. It was well liked :-)

I was very happy to help out and know that I could brighten someones day! :hug

Cooter is adorable. Glad you had fun,Sue!

Lisa. WTG on finishing a sock monkey. I bet you'll have them done in no time

Toni. I'm glad that you had a good day and that everyone was happy with your bag of goodies

Ann have fun with Maddie tomorrow.. You must be on cloud nine!!!!!!:c9

Angels are still bowling. I finally finished something---the scarf. :hook

Have a good rest of the night:hug

ive been really busy the last two days going through a mound of yarn i receoved from a sweet lady here on the ville...little did i know itd be a blessing in disguise! i have an order to make an afghan in green yellow for a friend and was trying to figure out how i was gonna get the yarn.....WELLLLLLL as i was going through the boxes i found a really pretty green.....AND yellow!!!

financially soeaking i thingk were sarting to swim instead of sink now LOL

ive also decided to sign up for the java jamboree swap! coffee here i come!!!

Good evening all!!

Sue - what a cutie you have!!

Glad someone is getting rain - just wish we'd get some. No 100 today but it's back on schedule for the rest of the week :eek Yes, we keep the boys drinking water during and after the game. We took some for us too, just will have to take more next time.

Toni - glad to see you back, even though it wasn't for long. Hope you get your trouble fixed soon.

Didn't do much at all today, really need to get the house ready for SIL's visit but just don't have the energy. I even took at nap at 5. Must still be trying to get over being out in the heat yesterday.

Will be busy week again, we're getting ready for a big inspection in the daycare and we need to purchase a lot of toys that we don't have. Has to be certain toys, not just anything. So we're still trying to find everything we need.

Hope you all had a great weekend and hope you have a great week.

Good morning!

The angels had a ball last night- but now they are done and it's supposed to be a nice day today- naturally it's Monday when I spend the day inside at work!:lol

Sherry- Good luck with the inspection and getting the toys you need. Have a good week yourself!!!

Ducky- That's great that the yarn you received had colors you needed for an afghan. I joined Java Jamboree swap too!!!

Hope you all have a good day---time to pour another cup of coffee to get this day started (and one for Ann, too);)

Archived