crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

good evening all!

sitting here sipping hot chocolate taking a short breal frim yarn barf!

so what are we all working on lately?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

DH and I went to DD's for dinner- actually DH had taken someone out to lunch at this place that has humongous and I mean humonguous portions- he brought home enough turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon for about 10 more sandwiches! It's amazing, there had to be about 2 lbs of turkey left,a whole head of lettuce, about 15 tomato slices and at least half lb of bacon. Plus a container of coleslaw. That was what was left AFTER he had lunch! So he had called DD to see if they wanted some so we all had dinner together- and a nice visit with the little guy! We all still have leftovers for tomorrow!

Sherry- Love the pic of your grandsons. Good luck to GS at his football games!!

Sue- Glad that you got to have fun and had lunch out---will you still get to go to the Expo tomorrow or do you have to work?

Ducky- I'm working on a RR and a felted ripple tote- back and forth between the two- but mostly the RR since I need to get that done!

Ann- That's great that you had 2 good night's of sleep!! The angels decided to go bowling on my way home from work....torrential downpours, lightening thunder- and I sat in my car at DD's for about 15 minutes before it let up enough for me to run from my car to her front door!!!! Still rumbling a bit out there and raining!

Mama K---woot for the weekend! Enjoy this weekend before DD starts school- and have some fun with her!!!!

Jana- A massage sounds heavenly---I say go for it---de-stress yourself, my friend!!!

Tonya- the flower arrangement sounds beautiful!!!!

I am over 1/2 way done making a cable scarf. My first project doing cables. Thought it might be difficult, but it really isn't!!

edit:... HAT not a scarf..sheesh

:lol:lol Don't forget to post a pic when you are done with the HAT!!!!:lol

good evening all!

I've been making friendship squares and just finished a dishcloth to add to Tam's box of things to send out. I also have a scarf on my hooks that I need to get back to!

I am over 1/2 way done making a cable scarf. My first project doing cables. Thought it might be difficult, but it really isn't!!

Love to see a pic when your done (of the hat) :lol I've been wanting to try cables, another thing for my to do list, lol!

Hi all,

DH and I went to DD's for dinner- actually DH had taken someone out to lunch at this place that has humongous and I mean humonguous portions- he brought home enough turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon for about 10 more sandwiches! It's amazing, there had to be about 2 lbs of turkey left,a whole head of lettuce, about 15 tomato slices and at least half lb of bacon. Plus a container of coleslaw. That was what was left AFTER he had lunch! So he had called DD to see if they wanted some so we all had dinner together- and a nice visit with the little guy! We all still have leftovers for tomorrow!

Sherry- Love the pic of your grandsons. Good luck to GS at his football games!!

Sue- Glad that you got to have fun and had lunch out---will you still get to go to the Expo tomorrow or do you have to work?

Ducky- I'm working on a RR and a felted ripple tote- back and forth between the two- but mostly the RR since I need to get that done!

Ann- That's great that you had 2 good night's of sleep!! The angels decided to go bowling on my way home from work....torrential downpours, lightening thunder- and I sat in my car at DD's for about 15 minutes before it let up enough for me to run from my car to her front door!!!! Still rumbling a bit out there and raining!

Mama K---woot for the weekend! Enjoy this weekend before DD starts school- and have some fun with her!!!!

Jana- A massage sounds heavenly---I say go for it---de-stress yourself, my friend!!!

Tonya- the flower arrangement sounds beautiful!!!!

We never actually got any rain, just lots of rumbles! I got another nap in since I had the computer shut down though! :D OMG, sounds like you had enough food to feed an army! :lol If DH eats there once or twice a week you won't have to do groceries! :lol

I've been making friendship squares and just finished a dishcloth to add to Tam's box of things to send out. I also have a scarf on my hooks that I need to get back to!

Love to see a pic when your done (of the hat) :lol I've been wanting to try cables, another thing for my to do list, lol!

We never actually got any rain, just lots of rumbles! I got another nap in since I had the computer shut down though! :D OMG, sounds like you had enough food to feed an army! :lol If DH eats there once or twice a week you won't have to do groceries! :lol

Mmmmm, maybe I should suggest that!!:lol We have been getting the rain!! Thank goodness I remembered to turn off the spinkler system this week!! (If I left that to DH, the sprinklers would be on during the rain):lol I don't remember if it has an automatic turn-off if it's raining, but I'm not taking any chances!!!

Mmmmm, maybe I should suggest that!!:lol We have been getting the rain!! Thank goodness I remembered to turn off the spinkler system this week!! (If I left that to DH, the sprinklers would be on during the rain):lol I don't remember if it has an automatic turn-off if it's raining, but I'm not taking any chances!!!

:D:lol. I remember riding by houses during a rain storm and seeing the sprinklers running! Too funny! :lol

GS survived his first day in first grade and his first football practice. They have 2 games tomorrow, which will be interesting since he's only had one practice! Will have the littlest one tonight so DD can go purchase all the football gear without chasing him all over the store! Here's a pic of him and little brother.

Haven't crocheted the last two days, needed some light yellow yarn and finally got some yesterday. Maybe I'll get to crochet some tonight. This weekend, I'll have to get some more boxes unpacked since we'll have company next weekend for the little one's birthday.

Read everything but can't respond to all, hugs to all and have a great weekend!

Those are some mighty-fine looking young men, there, Grandma!! :hug

Hi all,

Hi! :hug:hug Didn't get on the 'puter last nite, spent time with DD....which went well till about 7:30 when she 'hit a wall' and was very tired. Boy can the mood change quickly! :eek But I'm looking forward to a good day! We go to my state farm agent at 11, thunder storms this afternoon.

Joanne, I don't get to go. I have to work. :(

:turtle:vheart

So sorry hon that you didn't get to go!

Love to all my girls! I'll check back in later!

Mama Kuddles

Morning all! Busy day for me today, again. Going to go sit with the mama this morning and work on the Roll Tide tote to put the housewarming gift in (one of the church families who lost their home in the tornado). Then this afternoon, will be making jelly and finishing up the tote to take with me tomorrow to church.

Sherrie, the boys are absolutely ADORABLE!

':hi Mary, Ann, Joanne, Mama K, Sister Sue and everyone else, hugs to those who need them, prayers to all that need them and everyone, have a great, great day!

Morning All!

Slept in late again today! I could get used to this! :lol Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs to all that need them! :hug

Sue, sorry that you have to work and will miss the Expo. :(

Joanne, don't get too carried away with that cleaning stuff! You don't want to be too tired for hooking time! :lol

Mama K, glad you getting in some x-tra time with DD before school starts.

Toni, I'm not familiar with the Roll Tide tote. I'll have to look it up! What kind of jelly are you making today?

See you all later!

Good morning everyone!

Thinking I need to go to Massage Envy this weekend for one of their introductory specials. Stress needs to be gone

:yay for massage! Relax and enjoy!!! :hug

Hi everyone. hope everyones day is going well.

I did the flower arrangement for my sis's friends funeral tomorrow...all she wanted was purple and butterflies and BIG....this thing is monster big and I found all sorts of butterflies to attach to it. it looks like a flower garden gone wild. i really hope she likes it.

It sounds beautiful. :)

good evening all!

Today I am working on lining SBTs. I have never done this before so wish me luck. :lol

I can't wait to see pics.

Hi all,

The angels decided to go bowling on my way home from work....torrential downpours, lightening thunder- and I sat in my car at DD's for about 15 minutes before it let up enough for me to run from my car to her front door!!!! Still rumbling a bit out there and raining!

Sounds yummy!

I would gladly take some of that rain off your hands! :lol

I would love some rain!!! :)

Good morning all!!

Welcome to Saturday! Time for me to get my cleaning done, errands run and then hopefully the afternoon will be some "me" time!!!

I'm off to Walmart to buy bobbins and pins. I think I will let the kids clean house today. :lol

Enjoy your "me" time! :hug

Joanne, I don't get to go. I have to work. :(

:(

Hi! :hug:hug Didn't get on the 'puter last nite, spent time with DD....which went well till about 7:30 when she 'hit a wall' and was very tired. Boy can the mood change quickly! :eek But I'm looking forward to a good day! We go to my state farm agent at 11, thunder storms this afternoon.

Enjoy your time with dd. I am having a very hard time with the fact that Sawyer is getting ready to start kindergarten myself. :(

Morning all! Busy day for me today, again. Going to go sit with the mama this morning and work on the Roll Tide tote to put the housewarming gift in (one of the church families who lost their home in the tornado). Then this afternoon, will be making jelly and finishing up the tote to take with me tomorrow to church.

What is a roll tide tote? :think

Morning All!

Slept in late again today! I could get used to this! :lol Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs to all that need them! :hug

:yay Glad you got to sleep in!!! :hug

here are a few pics of the arrangement. my sis loved it and just kept saying wow :manyheart the first is the whole arrangement, second is a close up of some of the butterflies. I really dont take pics of the stuff I do i really should start

post-22534-13589768989_thumb.jpg

post-22534-135897689893_thumb.jpg

Tonya- the flower arrangement is beautiful!!!!

Ann- YAY for sleeping in yet again!!! That's great!

Christie- Good luck lining the SBT- it's not hard- trust me, if I can do it, you can do it!

Toni- I'm going to take a stab here that a Roll Tide tote is a tote done in the colors of U of Alabama- deep red (crimson) and white. Can't wait for college football to begin!!!

Finally home from errands- and hoping to sit for a spell!

Ann/Christie - yeah I'm trying to enjoy DD, she sure makes it hard some days!!! We are getting things done around the house now and soon will run to the mall to walk.....too humid outside. We got some thunder storms but now the sun is out as is the heat!

Joanne - hi hon! Enjoying your day?

Tam - how is your head honey?

Sue - hope work isn't too irritating today!

Toni - hope you are feeling better today sweetie!

Tonyal - great arrangement!

To the rest of you, enjoy life today!

kuddles

Work was good today. Had lots of help. :)

I get to go to the Expo tomorrow! I'm only working 1/2 a day and one of my co-workers (or co-horts is more like it! :lol) is going with me. I talked to the bird boss and she let me take 1/2 the day off since we're not busy over there! :cheer

Started today by having to go to my big brother's place to set up his Internet. He thought he had done it, but couldn't get a connection. I discovered he hadn't finished authenticating his account with is ISP!! Got him connected, set up his wireless router and he is good to go. Came home, been doing laundry, crocheting between loads and watching movies. Need to start picking out colors for my niece's baby that is coming in January. She and her husband found out yesterday that they are having a boy! This is their first baby. But will be my fourth great nephew!! Can't wait for him to get here!

I get to go to the Expo tomorrow! I'm only working 1/2 a day and one of my co-workers (or co-horts is more like it! :lol) is going with me. I talked to the bird boss and she let me take 1/2 the day off since we're not busy over there! :cheer

WOOT! Enjoy!

Mama Kuddles

Ann- YAY for sleeping in yet again!!! That's great!

Finally home from errands- and hoping to sit for a spell!

Seems like all I've been doing lately is sleeping! :lol I haven't even picked up a hook today. I did line a bag though! :) Hope you are getting to relax now that your errands are done!

Ann/Christie - yeah I'm trying to enjoy DD, she sure makes it hard some days!!! We are getting things done around the house now and soon will run to the mall to walk.....too humid outside. We got some thunder storms but now the sun is out as is the heat!

To the rest of you, enjoy life today!

kuddles

We never got our thunderstorms. It has been a gorgeous day. Cloudy of and on, but the temp has been nice and not too humid. And I was stuck in the house all day! :(

:cheer:clap:cheer

Started today by having to go to my big brother's place to set up his Internet. He thought he had done it, but couldn't get a connection. I discovered he hadn't finished authenticating his account with is ISP!! Got him connected, set up his wireless router and he is good to go. Came home, been doing laundry, crocheting between loads and watching movies. Need to start picking out colors for my niece's baby that is coming in January. She and her husband found out yesterday that they are having a boy! This is their first baby. But will be my fourth great nephew!! Can't wait for him to get here!

WOOHOO!!! How wonderful!

Hi all,

Sue- Thanks to you and talking about Ruby Tuesday, that's where DH and I went for dinner tonight! Then afterwards we went over by the bay for a while and then to Ralphs for creamy ice's before heading home. :drool

Glad to hear that the bird boss is letting you work 1/2 day so you can go to the Expo in the afternoon!:clap

Ann- I didn't get much crocheting done today either. Hoping to remedy that tomorrow!!!

Lisa- That's wonderful news about your niece--now get hooking!:lol

Kuddles- I saw the tote you sent Sue in the Kit Swap- and I love it!!! And that turtle lamp is awesome!!!

Just got an update pop up on my computer- so I'm going to go take care of that!

Sue - enjoy your day at the expo (or rather 1/2 day).

Toni - glad to see you back, hope you're feeling better.

Mama K - hope you're having a good weekend with DD.

Ann - hope you're feeling better as well.

Tonya - the flowers were beautiful!

Mary - glad you got to watch your granddaughter play soccer, it's fun to watch them when they are first learning!

I got to see my grandson play football today. It was something eles. The coaches stay on the field with them and tell them what to do, they move them around before the ball is snapped. Enjoyed it but it was HOT. Forgot the sunscreen (won't do that again), need to get a cooler that rolls (have one but forgot it), and get chairs that have a bag to carry them in. Been awhile (10 years) since I've gone to a football game and forgot all the stuff you need. Youngest DD was in band and we went to ALL the football games (regardless of the weather) from 7th grade to 12 grade! Will post a picture of my little football player tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliments on my two handsome young men--they are so precious!

Well, I'd better get to bed, a busy day tomorrow--church and then shopping at Walmart. Hopefully I can get something done in the house since sil is coming on Friday!

Everyone have a blessed day tomorrow and rest and enjoy the day with your family and friends!

Archived