Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Aww, Judy...Lucy is just acting like a normal toddler. :D   Zoe is still crazy and would still drown yarn in a flash, but I love her. :lol

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm so glad your a.c. is working again!  Every summer we expect at least one of our two central a.c. units to die.  They are both originals. (the house was built 23 years ago)

Marisa ~ So sorry about your computer, but thankfully you had almost everything backed up. :clap   Like Judy, your schedule wears me out just reading about it. ;)

DH had a big lunch in Dallas today, so I'm not cooking!  Might be crochet time in a while. :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marisa - sorry about your computer.  I completely understand a crashed computer :(  has happened more than I can to remember.  Glad you've got everything back up and running.

Mary - We seem to back in July weather - 100+ and lots of humidity.  Hope things are beginning to settle down for you. 

Cindy - glad you have AC!  It's not fun being without it.

Joanne - glad you're work will be slowing down some and you will get to enjoy this weekend.  I'm certainly looking forward to it!!  I need a break!

This week has been a little bit better but there's still a lot going on.  We're still in the "name changing" stuff and that's going to be a lot more work than anyone every imagined.  We finally got our tax exempt status, so I can begin the process of changing the name on all of the accounts.  Also the day care is changing their name and it's even a bigger headache--they are treating it as a "new" day care, so everything has to be redone.  We're almost done with that.  Hopefully the name will change on Oct. 1.

Now that school has started, I'm with the GS on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  I spend the night one night and the others I'm at home early.  So I usually don't get on the computer since I'm usually really tired.  Last night I'd planned on getting on to catch up but our puppy decided not to come to me and I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get her to come to me.  I finally just left her cage on the patio and went to bed.  I think she's mad at DD for trying to teach to be on a leash LOL.  Not sure why she's mad at me, cause I'm not the one training.  At least this evening I was able to get her as she was napping by the door. 

Well, I'd better get in my wonderful brace (only 2 more weeks and I'll be through with that) and do some crocheting on a scarf.  Have a great evening all!!!

Hugs to everyone!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Glad you got your ac fixed. I just turned mine on this afternoon. Being home all day makes a difference.

Mary, Hope you get to see the boys soon. I see DS's kids more now that there divorced than I did before.

Marisa, Glad you didn't lose to much when your computer crashed. Which windows did you buy? I have a new laptop and it's windows 8. I'm getting emails to help you learn about it, so after Maya goes home I will play around with it. I does take getting used to. You've been a busy lady. But that is all good to. How's your Mom doing?

Judy, Daisy is full of it lots of energy to. Sometimes to much energy.

Sherry, We have a harness we put on Daisy almost from the very start. More control of her as she has gotten older. It would take hubby forever to get her to come to him, because she seen the harness and didn't like it. It was never a problem for me as I didn't let her see it. She always came to me. I would lay the harness out and put her legs in and out the door we go. Here at home the yard is closer to the house so she just goes out on her leash. We tied a couple of knots, a couple of inches apart and hook on to her leash between the knots. She stands right at the door and waits for us to hook her up. They can pout just like kids. To funny sometimes!

Glad work hasn't been as stressful this week. Enjoy your time off this weekend.

Joanne, Glad your going to have a week off so you can recoup. It should be a week of pampering your self. You deserve every bit of it.

Val, Linda and Tam :waving

This morning I got up and got my cup of coffee like I always do. But today I got myself two cups of coffee. I got up to do something and brought myself the second cup. I had a good laugh. If the smurfs 2 is still playing the next town over I'm going to take Maya to it tomorrow. I checked and they don't have it on demand yet. I want to make cookies with her to before she goes home. I picked up a cupcake shaped pan (it's 2 pieces) and were going to make a cake for Daisy's birthday party that were going to have with Payton and Jocelyn saturday. Daisy's birthday isn't until the 7th, but the kids won't be here then. So were having it a week early. Then saturday evening I have to take Maya to meet her folks after her Mom gets out of work. I can't believe it's that time of year already. The summer has just flown by.

I left a message for the scheduler for hubby's surgery. I told her I had been patient long enough and she need to call me today. A few hours later she did call me. He's having surgery on october 23rd. We schedule his pre op and his follow up appt to. I forgot to ask what time. But paper work is coming in the mail so I'll know that in a few days.

Been trying to get Maya to bed early like her Mom asked and it isn't easy. But she is getting up real easy. So I guess it evens out.

Hope everyone has a great thursday!

Good morning ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

It's an early morning for me today, I saw a patient at 6 am!  He would usually come at about 7:30 at night (after the work day and then getting through traffic) and then he called my cell the Sunday we were putting the bridge up to ask if I can see him in the morning and we did 6 so he can get in and out before traffic because where he lives is not around the corner, but out by the airport, which happens to be on the other side of the city.  It worked out really well for him and quite frankly I'd prefer 6am to 7:30pm myself :shrug  That just blocks up the whole evening.  Now my next patients aren't until 3:30, a wonderful elderly couple and they always put a smile on my face :)  Then a new patient at 6 tonight :clap  After that, it's stroll and patrol on the bridge again tonight for me.

I brought the baby blanket with me to get some work done on and I'll also spend some time reading my training manual.  Throw in some Candy Crush and internet searches and the day is gone :eek:blush:lol

Judy and Mary - I surely wear myself out too! :lol

Sherry - Sorry to hear you're having such trouble with the name changes, hopefully it'll all be settled soon.

Marlene - I actually walked into Staples and asked what they had with Windows 7!  There was only one option and that's what I got.  I did not want to deal with Windows 8.  I've heard a lot of complaints when there's not a touch screen with it, plus I know that when it was originally released last year there were some issues to be careful of with compatibility with my chiro software, which I had no ambition to research (via iPad).  The guy I spoke with there was great and I was in and out with my new computer in about 20 minutes.  Then when I called Microsoft to get my Office back on.....well, I had 2010 that we bought last year through my dad's workplace as a corporate deal that was offered.  Earlier this year we did the same with 2013 and it seemed like I was often having trouble with the 2013 version and functionality.  So, I went back to 2010, but since it was a download for that special, I didn't know how to find it again since it's not something I have on disk.  But, I did have my receipt with my order number and license number.  So the guy I spoke with just emailed me a direct link and he tried to tell me about 2013 being better and I agreed, but told him it would always 'stop unexpectedly' and that wasn't better so I wanted to go back to 2010.  Then he asked my OS and I told him Windows 7, to which he was again flabbergasted and told me that Windows 8 was better....he was confused when I told him I just wasn't interested right now!  I must say, it was quite an interesting and amusing conversation. 

I should be in and out throughout the day :)

Hi, ladies!

Marisa, they are always trying to sell you the latest upgrades, aren't they?? DS was over for a visit yesterday, in the middle of the afternoon between patients. While he was here he got a cancelation for a 7:30 appointment which had him smiling. It meant he could go home at a reasonable hour. He's at the point where he has his patients scheduled so well that he can often have one patent out and on their way, he can sit at his desk for a few minutes and only then will the next one walk in. He gives each one at least 30 minutes - can be way longer than that if he needs to x ray a new patient.

Hi, Marlene and Sherry!

Linda, I hope everything is ok!

HHH here again today....

Have a good one, my friends. :hug

HI everyone!

It's almost the end of all these days of working in a row!!!! Tomorrow is the company bar-b-que from 11:30-1:30 and then we can go home!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!! No big plans for the long weekend- other than lots of relaxation for me. Of course there will be some R&R time, too. Last night I had my hair cut/colored and tonight I stopped for a manicure. 

I plan on not doing much cleaning this weekend, but holding it off until next weekend. I'll just do the basics that have to get done. I truly want to just 'take it easy' this weekend!!!

Tonight is Rutgers first football game, but they are playing out in Calif so it's not on till 10:30 PM here! So, suffice it to say, I'll have to catch the score in the AM

Have a good night!

'morning, peeps!

One day is pretty much the same as another around here when you're pretty much retired.... :lol

BBL...have to run!

Good morning. I'm off today, so I get a three day weekend, even though I have to work Monday. I have a dr appointment this morning, and plan to grocery shop afterwards. Laundry has been started already. Tonight dd and family are coming for dinner. I'm hoping to get everything done today, so that tomorrow I can really take a day off!

Joanne, I am glad to hear of your plan to take this weekend for rest and fun. You need it!

Judy, I'm getting to the stage, where I wouldn't mind if every day was more or less the same. Since I work in an intensive care unit, I often get more excitement in my life than I would like.

Dh and I may go camping for a few days next week. We figure all the Labor Day campers will be going home on Monday, and it ought to be pretty quiet in the park. It's supposed to be fairly decent weather, warm days and cool nights, with just a small chance of rain.

Marlene, good to hear that dh has a date for surgery.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning housemates :)

I had patients at 9 and 10 this morning, but the 10:00 didn't show up :(  Oh well, it happens...what can you do.  I'll give her a call in a bit, I hope everything is ok!  We had a couple pieces to fix the last 2 nights of our stroll and patrol on the bridge...just some wear and tear, nothing major.  Some people don't leave much tail when they tied things off :shrug  Tonight is the rib festival and a show :clap  Tomorrow is the Pirates and another show!  I have to do some grocery shopping for Steph today to get stuff for the tailgate tomorrow since this is the one she puts together for work.

So my patient that does my IT stuff.....is also a photographer and last weekend she took some headshots for me to use on my website!  So attached, you see the link for my proofs....they are all the same with just super tiny differences.  So, I know which one I like and am taking a poll........

http://www.pbase.com/briarrose/p_marisa

Let me know your thoughts :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday, I may or may not be back during the day.

Judy - How fun to have ds pay you a daytime visit!

Mary - What did you make for dinner?

Joanne - :yay for an end in sight and if nothing else.....a 3 day weekend after a bbq!  How did Rutgers do?  We have our first Pitt game on Monday night and it's home.....so that's where I'll be!

Cindy - Great idea to wait until the holiday-ers are out of the campsite, you and dh will be able to relax!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸   

:whew.......... What a week!  Wow... busy busy busy!   Work has been busy with trying to get settled in to the new year with new kids .... setting up small groups for math and reading ... getting workbooks organized.... and and and....  :)

Then there is home to feed the family and find some quiet time to myself to crochet... Youngest Birthday.... Wedding Anniversary.... and now State Fair this weekend. :faint "pooped"    But you know I love it all!!! :U

So... Davids Birthday was great!  He had alot of fun!

Started out with getting a gift in the mail from Sue (aka: turtlelvr)

post-18634-0-18000800-1377913793_thumb.jpg

Going to Amazing Pizza Machine for the fun.

post-18634-0-42989500-1377913853_thumb.jpg

post-18634-0-46592800-1377913887_thumb.jpg

Ending with Cake

post-18634-0-59605500-1377913946_thumb.jpg

post-18634-0-86285000-1377913975_thumb.jpg

Oh man............... my coffee is empty

bbiab... gotta get a refill  :D

:heart

:mug

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Enjoy your weekend and your camping trip next week.

Judy, That was nice of DS to stop by for an afternoon visit. I agree being retired not much changes around here either.

Joanne, Enjoy your weekend off. Gets lots of relaxing in. I hope you get some R&R time to.

Mary, How's your hexagons?

Marisa, I like picture 12 to. Windows 8 is taking some getting use to. I don't use it daily. I go to my old ones. Old habits are hard to break. lol I don't have the touch screen either.

Tam, Happy Anniversary! Have fun at the fair. I'll have some carmel corn please.

Linda, I hope your okay!

Hi to Val and Sherry!

Maya and I went and seen Smurfs 2 yesterday. We were VIP (that's what I told her) we were the only two there. Today I did a ton of laundry and have another to do in the morning or maybe not. We pretty much have Maya's things all set to pack to go home tomorrow. :(  Since I have an iphone now we can face time quite often.

We picked Payton and Jocelyn up tonight. There mom was home and she was so nice. But I didn't get out of the car. Hubby got out first so I figured he could deal with her. She never liked him. He probably wouldn't hear her if she did say something to him.

But all went well.

I found an afghan pattern Iam going to switch out for the one I was doing for Zack. It's Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket. I got it from www.mooglyblog.com/leapingstripes-blocks-blanket-crochet/  I'm using burgandy, white and black. I made a swatch up to see if I like it and I do and it goes pretty quick to. The block is heavy so I'm going to use a large hook. The pattern gives you from a 12 x 12 block up to a King size blanket information. I'm going to make the twin size for him. I started the baby blanket I need to do. It's like mile a minute. I need to do it first or work on both of them switching off.

We have a big day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!

I had some R&R time after work yesterday- and had fun with the boys. Great way to start the time off from work!

Marlene- I like that blanket that you posted and saved the site to my favorites! It will look great in those three colors you've chosen. I'm sure this weekend is bittersweet for you- but it'll be great getting to 'facetime' with Maya!!!

Cindy- Have fun if you decide to go camping!   It'll be nice a relaxing after Labor Day!  I am going to take one of my days off mid Sept and go to the beach- it's always so nice and relaxing after all the crowds are gone!

Marisa- I like 5 and 12--well actually I had a hard time choosing- all the pictures are beautiful!!! Have fun this weekend....Rutgers lost in OT 52-51 which tells me by that score that there wasn't a whole lot of good defense. I was sorry to see they lost it in OT. Have fun at the Pitt game!

Tammy- Great pics and sounds like things are in full swing in your neck of the woods!

Mary- My plans for the weekend include a whole lot of do what I want to do time!.  And a few things that have to get done. DD and the boys are coming over later this afternoon for some pool time and this morning I'm doing the necessary what has to get done cleaning and laundry.  I don't want any kind of schedule this weekend--I've been working on a 'schedule' at work for so many weeks/weekends--that this one is all about doing what I want when I want! LOL

Judy- I can't wait for the time I can retire--and have one day be alot like the others. I could surely fill up my days with things to do! That was nice of DS to come for an afternoon visit!!!

Linda and Val- thinking of you!

Sherry- Are your settling in now that you've got all the boxes at your new house? How's the drama at work? I truly empathize with you on how draining that must be! Hope you get to enjoy the weekend with a little 'hooky' time!

Off to do the bare essentials on what has to get done around here. Dust bunnies can wait till next weekend, but the bathrooms a kitchen and laundry can't!  :lol

Have a good Saturday!

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Happy Anniversary! Have fun at the fair. I'll have some carmel corn please.

Thank you!!!  And we will!   Caramel Corn it is! :U   We'll be heading out after David and Michael get done at work this morning.   Then our plans are to have a mini vacation and spend the weekend at the Fair.   We managed to find a hotel close to the fair that has a mini water park in it.   A nice fun weekend!  

Maya and I went and seen Smurfs 2 yesterday. We were VIP (that's what I told her) we were the only two there. Oh FUN!   LOL.... VIP... love it!  Today I did a ton of laundry and have another to do in the morning or maybe not. We pretty much have Maya's things all set to pack to go home tomorrow. :(  Since I have an iphone now we can face time quite often.   That will be fun!!!

We picked Payton and Jocelyn up tonight. There mom was home and she was so nice. But I didn't get out of the car. Hubby got out first so I figured he could deal with her. She never liked him. He probably wouldn't hear her if she did say something to him.

But all went well.

I found an afghan pattern Iam going to switch out for the one I was doing for Zack. It's Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket. I got it from www.mooglyblog.com/leapingstripes-blocks-blanket-crochet/  I'm using burgandy, white and black. I made a swatch up to see if I like it and I do and it goes pretty quick to. The block is heavy so I'm going to use a large hook. The pattern gives you from a 12 x 12 block up to a King size blanket information. I'm going to make the twin size for him. I started the baby blanket I need to do. It's like mile a minute. I need to do it first or work on both of them switching off.oooooooh ............ cant wait to see!!!!

We have a big day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

You have a fabulous weekend!  Relax and enjoy! 

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!

I had some R&R time after work yesterday- and had fun with the boys. Great way to start the time off from work! Sweet!!!

Tammy- Great pics and sounds like things are in full swing in your neck of the woods!

Oh.... things are movin' right along here ... LOL   

Off to do the bare essentials on what has to get done around here. Dust bunnies can wait till next weekend, but the bathrooms a kitchen and laundry can't!  :lol

Yep.. .dont spend to much time workin'.... have some fun this weekend!  Relax!

Have a good Saturday!  Have an awesome weekend my dear!!!

:heart

:mug

'morning, peeps!!

Marlene, I'm saving that blanket pattern! TY! I also love the fact that she gives the yardage and measurements for larger sizes. Wonderful idea!

Joanne, enjoy your time off!! I hope you CAN slow down after all the craziness :lol

Hi, Tam (and wonderful Birthday boy pictures!), Sherry, Linda, and Cindy - hope all is well!

Off I go....

Good morning everyone. We had a great time with dd, dsil and family last night. No plans for today though. Well, except for vacuuming.

Tam, those are great birthday pictures. Sounds like a fun family time at the fair for your family.

Marlene, I love that blanket pattern. Thanks for sharing the link. Enjoy your day with Maya before time for her to go home.

Linda, haven't heard from you in a few days, hope you are doing well, and just keeping busy.

Mary, hope dh has his new computer worked out.

Judy, Marisa, Val, Sherry and everyone else, hope you have a great weekend.

Marisa - I like #5.  You took some really great pics. 

Joanne - Glad you've got some R&R time in already!  I guess I won't have any time with my GS this weekend (or at least as far as I know).  They were out of school yesterday, will be out Monday & Tuesday.  so I'll get to see them at least on Tuesday at day care.  I do plan to have some "hooky" time this weekend.  DH will be watching football, so I'll be crocheting.  Haven't worked on the boxes much - will try to do some this weekend.  Hard to do it when I'm only home for 2 nights a week.

Tam - great birthday pics!  Looks like he had a good time.

Work was a bear yesterday--usually my quiet day as both bosses are off on Friday.  But it was a mess--we're getting the paperwork ready for the day care name change, finally got it done by 3:30.  Hopefully all was dropped off before 5 and in a month, the day care can change it's name as well. 

Well, I'm off to Walmart--got a few things to get and then I'll be home the rest of the weekend.  Have a great weekend all!!

Hugs to everyone!

Good Saturday afternoon, everyone.  I've read through all the posts, but won't try to post right now.  Here is what's gone on since Thursday evening:

Both Luke and Zach were exposed to Whooping Cough at the nursery at their country club.  They were both tested and the results came back positive for Zach. :cry   Of course, they've had all their shots...the pediatrition said he is seeing more this year than ever and the vaccine isn't working as well as it used to.  DD and her DH are on mega antibiotics, too.  DH and I had the vaccines before Luke was born as a preventative, but Zach can't be around anyone until Tuesday!  We're going to go over and just visit outside for a while, but I won't get to hold him.  Luckily, they caught it early and he's feeling okay. :c9

And we found out that our BIL has been given a week or two to live.  He is DH's sister's ex, but we've remained very close to him and love him so much.  He had a stroke a few months ago and was doing really well - even walking a little!  Then things just started shutting down.  DH and I went to see him yesterday and today. 

Sorry for the post filled with this kind of news, but thank you for letting me share. :ghug 

Oh, Mary - sending you lots of love and hugs. There's too much sadness in this world. I'm just so happy to hear that the whooping cough was caught in time! :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart  :hug

Oh Mary, I'm so very sorry for all the bad things happening at once. Hope that dd and family stay healthy. Prayers for bil and those who love him.

Sherry, you get some rest this weekend too. Between work and your dgs's, you are just as busy as Joanne has been, and your work has been awfully stressful on top of that.

Dh and I decided to stay home today. We figure it would be crowded pretty much everywhere since its a holiday weekend. We opened a bottle of wine and ate dinner on the patio. Way cheaper that going out, and better food and atmosphere!

I have a bad case of what the dr says is contact dermatitis. He thinks it is most likely from laundry soap, bleach or fabric softener. It's just located on the middle of my body, so at least it's covered with clothes. However he put me on a steroid and an antihistamine. The antihistamine makes me really tired. Interestingly, it showed up the night before I had an appointment. Talk about good timing.

Thank you, Judy and Cindy.♥♥♥   It's so nice to have a place to come and share the good things and the not so good. :manyheart   Sean (BIL) is a 6'4" Irish guy who has the biggest heart and would do anything for anyone. 

Cindy ~ Oh, I hope the meds help the dermatitus quickly.  I changed from dryer sheets to liquid Downy one time and DH had a horrible reaction...I'll never change again. ;) 

See you all tomorrow.

HI all,

Mary - :hug Oh, how scary that Zach has whooping cough! Glad they caught it early! It'll be hard for you to visit and not be able to hold him! Prayers for your BIL- and prayers for you all during this difficult time! :hug

Sherry- I hope you do get some 'me' time this weekend!!! I thought of you today when DD and I and the boys went to Hobby Lobby- She had never been so we went. We got some cute pictures to put in Ryan's room with cars and a "choo choo" It'll go with his new 'Chuggington" sheet and comforter. I'm going to go over tomorrow and we'll hang them up when Sil is at work. Also got a cute little hook to put in his room for him to 'hang his hat'.  Of course, I bought some yarn--ILTY was on sale- so I picked some up to make my SIL an afghan. I may use the pattern that Marlene posted.

Linda- Hope all is ok with you!

Cindy- Your dinner 'out' sounds perfect!!! My DH decided he wanted to make chicken soup today- He makes his with tomato puree, carrots, celery, onions, chicken, potatoes and Orzo. It was delicious. I sent some home with DD so SIL can take it to work tomorrow. We'll probably have it again tomorrow and what ever is left I'll freeze. He tends to make enough for an army!  DD and Ryan enjoyed it with us.

DD and  Ryan went in the pool after our trek to HL and I volunteered to stay inside with Robbie. He's getting to be fun now that he is getting older-smiling, laughing, turning over and already getting up on all 4's and rocking as if to crawl!!!

It was a great relaxing day!!!

Hi, peeps!

Cindy, your dinner sounds so relaxing! And the dermatitis...I have been sticking with the same laundry products for years....I hope that's all it is.

I had shingles a couple of years ago - around my waist - and it was horrible, but not as bad as some people get it. And it was DS who diagnosed it...I ran right to my internist!

Joanne, what fun playing with the baby! And DH sounds like a gem....a man who can cook! I could eat soup every day - my hubby, not so much.

Later, gators

Archived