Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I converted an extra 10" square from the baby blanket project into a 19" preemie afghan yesterday.  It turned out cute so I am pleased.  Just have half a dozen tails to hide and it will be done.  Went to church, had lunch at a Japanese restaurant nearby, and bought a pair of jeans, matching sweatshirt, and necklace & earring set at Kohl's, then headed home to the TV and crocheting yesterday.  

It's a bit warmer today, but still misty rain and cloudy skies.  The trash guys made a mess in the drive way this week when they emptied the trash bin.  Not sure what happened but it's not neat like usual.  There are bits of all sorts of stuff spilled for several yards.  Almost looks like they hit the gas while lifting the box.  Maybe they did.

Your boys are sure getting tall, Tammy.  I like the headbands.  Wait until the oldest goes off to college.  That's a real lurch on the heartstrings.  

Sherry, congratulations on completing the afghan!   :clap    :clap    :clap

Marlene, it won't be long now before school starts.  Enjoy Maya while you can.   :hug

I'll let you know how the doctor visit goes.  I'm taking the BP machine with me so he can look at the readings.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, that is a great looking baby blanket!

I have spent the day cleaning, doing laundry and grocery shopping. I haven't been sleeping well, despite two busy days at work this weekend. I figured I'd really tire myself out and see if that helps,

I actually did not work all that hard physically. I cleaned the linen closet, the drawers on the china cabinet and the hutch above my desk. (That took a couple of hours).

Linda, hope your dr can come up with a plan to help with your blood pressure and swelling.

The doctor put me back on the medicine I was on before.  Starting out at half a tab for a bit until my system is used to being on it again and then can go back to a whole tab if the BP is still running high.   :P   Oh well, at least it's back on track.  And even half a tab helped today.

I got half way through the prayer shawl that I frogged yesterday.  Didn't have the second skein with me today.   :)

Good morning,

Judy- Love how colorful that baby blanket is!!! Great job as always!

Linda- In no time you should be back on track with the bp...remember to take the pill the same time each day!

I finished the ripple last night- just have a few ends to weave in tonight and throw it in the wash!  I should get it in the mail by the end of the week!! Very relieved and happy that I got it done despite the crazy hours at work!

And on that note, let me wish you all a good day---it's time for me to get ready for work!

Good morning everyone. Another hot day in store for us today.

Linda, I'm glad the pill already seems to be helping.

Joanne, hope your day goes well.

I'm hoping to get some more cleaning and organizing done today. I've really let the storage areas in this house go over the past few years and its time to purge and clean them.

Well, off I go to get more coffee.

He wants me to go back on it gradually, but I'm so happy to be back on it.  No headache so far today and that is making today a great day.  Going to do a bunch of crocheting today and hopefully finish up a couple more charity WIPs.

Good luck with the cleaning, Cindy.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.  I can't believe the last time I checked in was Friday!  I hope to catch up throughout the day. :manyheart

Linda ~ Keeping fingers crossed that the new pill continues to work for you. :hug Can't wait to see your preemie 'ghan and current shawl.  Yay for a good shopping trip to Kohls. :yes

Judy ~ Your RR is so cute!  I love the happy, bright colors. :cheer   We're heading back to the 100* days after some nice days in the low 90s.  (Well, nice for us anyway. ;) )

Valerie ~ Sending hugs to you and hope you're getting used to the new meds. :hug    Are you still crocheting up a storm?

Cindy ~ Your camping trip sounds great!  It's so hard when we're not sleeping well - I hope things turn around very soon.  Did you decide to start a new project?

Part 2:   ;)  

Marisa ~ Loved seeing all the pictures - thanks for sharing. :)   Great idea to get certified for the CDL physicals. :yes

Joanne ~ Yay for finishing the ripple 'ghan! :yay    You definitely deserve some quiet time with your hook these days.  How are Robbie and Ryan?  They grow so fast, don't they? :c9

Sherry ~ Awww, your grandson's are growing up...I'm glad they've had a good start to their school year.  Congratulations on finishing the afghan! :clap

Tammy ~ Your guys are so good looking. :)   Super busy schedule for you now that school has started - how is your job going?

Marlene ~ I hope the Dr. can figure out what's going on with your Hubby. :hug  Your weekend with family sounds so nice.  Were you able to order your tractions machine?

Hi to anyone I may have missed, too.

Friday was a very long day.  There are still plenty of things to take care of, but the worst is definitely behind us.  We babysat for Luke and Zach on Saturday and I was there all day yesterday.  Zach is Mr. Speedy. :lol

Thanks, everyone!

Mary, I had to laugh at your description of Zack as Mr. Speedy! He has to be that way  if he wants to catch up with Luke! :lol

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸Evening all¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Hope everyone had a great day!

:whew... it was a busy day for me!  But had lots of fun!  God definately blessed me with my Teacher Assistant's job!   I love working with kids!

My boys are enjoying school so far.   They have no real complaints about any teachers!  Of course they are pretty easy going boys... so that helps!

I tried getting on this morning before I left ... and of couse ... NO GO.  

Oh well... I keep trying!  :U

Had a nice dinner with my guys.....  I made Cowboy Casserole (aka: tator tot casserole)  YUM!   I love the routine that I get back once school starts.  

Write out menu for the week

Grocery shop for the week

and homemade dinner every night! 

I love Summer time.. and baseball season... but it sure messes with that routine!  We do alot of quick on the run foods or eating out or concessions. 

I have a dozen baseball / softball headbands crocheted without the red stitching... I'll put that on this weekend.  So those are moving along nicely!

Then last night.... I made this...............

post-18634-0-81135000-1377049620_thumb.jpg

Showed it off and now have ordcers for them!  LOL

okay... off to read the posts and get my hook and yarn moving!  :hook

catch up more later!

Hugs to you all!  :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi Ladies!

Judy, Love your baby rr! It's bright and cheerful.

Linda, Glad to hear your already getting a little relief.

Cindy, Good luck with your cleaning and organizing.

Mary, I ordered the traction machine. Now I'm just waiting. I can't wait for it to get here. My neck needs it so badly.

Joanne, Yah for finishing the rr! 

Tam, Glad your all adjusting to your new schedule. That's a cute idea for the wine glass.

The doctor visit for hubby went well. The nurse wanted to do a biopsy first thing and we told her no, not until we talked to the doctor and got some information. It turned out he didn't need it. The doctor said there is a slight hardness, but the blood test is excellent. We will get it checked yearly and go from that. Now to get the other doctors office to schedule the surgery. They put it to late and we won't do it until next spring when we come back from Texas. We really would rather have it now. So I will be on the phone with them tomorrow.

My sister kept my three grandkids while we went for the doctors visit. When we got back hubby took a nap, the kids played some more and she and I had a chance to visit.

We lost someone else in the park last week. I don't personally know them, but they played Santa Claus and Mrs every year for Christmas. They live in the park year round. It was Mrs Claus that died. She had a massive heart attack. They are very friendly people. They live on a very busy corner of are park and they often sit out in there chairs and people/dog watch.

On that note I'm off and going to go to bed. It was a long day today and I'm tired out.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope you can schedule the surgery before you come down for the winter. ♥  But good news about Hubby's lab results today! :)   So very sorry to read about your Texas friend. :hug

Tammy ~ I'm so glad you're enjoying your job. :manyheart   Yay for crochet orders and everything going well now!

Judy ~ Yes, Zachary is always watching Luke and laughs and giggles all the time.  Grammy has learned not to get comfortable, because I can't get up fast enough to catch him before he disappears from sight. :D

Dentist at 9:30 in the morning - oh joy. ;)   See you all tomorrow. :ghug

Got the 3rd 12" square done for the baby blanket.  Just one more to go!  The brown prayer shawl is 2/3 done now, too.  Have a fair number of tails to hide, but I'm getting there.

Went to the bank and then home.  Kim finally got out of the rehab center and back home on the 14th.  Only took her 7 months to get there.   :eek   Hopefully she will stay there now.  She is one amazing woman.  She never gives up and just keeps on fighting no matter what happens.   :yes

Mary, it's great to hear from you.  Mr. Speedy sounds like a dynamo now.  Glad you got time to spend with them last weekend.  Oh, yeah, keeping up with them at this age is something else again.

Tammy, you are soo busy, but it sounds like you are having lots of fun.     :cheer    The wineglass holder is cute.

Marlene, I'm hoping you can get hubby's surgery scheduled before you leave for Texas.  It seems like you should have time to fit it in.  Got my fingers crossed.

The headache hasn't been nearly as bad today as it normally is.  Progress!   :lol  And the BP is lower than it's been for most of the last month.   :clap

Linda - glad the BP is better!  Hopefully the headache will go away soon as well.

Judy - beautiful afghan!! 

Joanne - hope things settle down soon for you.

Tam - glad you're enjoying your job and the routine of fixing dinner again.

The boys were good for me tonight, not so good last night.  Littlest one had a meltdown but I figure it's because he's schedule has changed.  It will get better as we go along.  Youngest DD (that works at HL) is going to quit.  Her feet hurt so much that she can barely walk.  they sent her to the dr and he told her a lot of people just can't do the walking on the concrete for so many hours.  She will be coming back to the day care at the church where I'm working.  It will be good to have her back but it will mean going in at 7 instead of 8 :(

I'm going to try to post a pic of the afghan I finished.  Thanks for all the kind words.  We plan to give it to him for his bday in September. Doesn't look like it's going to load this time either, grrrrrr.  Will try tomorrow at work and see if I can get it to load. 

Linda ~ You've accomplished a lot of crocheting in a short time! :yay   What wonderful news about Kim!  7 months is a long time to be in rehab and she must be so happy to be home again. :manyheart

Sherry ~ I'm glad that your DD can return to her job, but I sure don't blame you for not wanting to give up that extra hour in the morning! 

The dentist visit is over for another 3 months. :D   We ordered an IMac with the 27" monitor for DH...anything to help him continue using a computer!  It should be here Friday and the IT guy from work will come over next week and configure it.  He is very excited and remains pretty positive, thank goodness. 

We're off to lunch and then to get DH a haircut.  I hope everyone is having a good day. ♥♥♥

The dentist visit is over for another 3 months. :DThat's always a happy time for me...AFTER the dentist visit...   We ordered an IMac with the 27" monitor for DH...anything to help him continue using a computer!  It should be here Friday and the IT guy from work will come over next week and configure it.  He is very excited and remains pretty positive, thank goodness. That's great news....do you ue an Apple, too?

We're off to lunch and then to get DH a haircut.  I hope everyone is having a good day. ♥♥♥Enjoy lunch... :)

Oh! I have made 34 hexagons so far!  They're 5 ¼," so I need to decide how large the afghan will be.

Yikes! Are you going to join some of them together soon? Kind of like leaving all the saltines to attach at the end.... :lol

BTW: I've created another saltine addict! She's another WW lifetime member who I sit next to at the meetings. I've been bringing in my little projects to keep my hands busy and she loved the pink saltine ghan....asked some questions....I enabled...and voila~ :lol

Mary - wow!!!  That's a lot of hexagons!!!  I've decided I won't ever make another afghan or anything that requires a lot of sewing squares together.  I just hate doing that!  I'm glad that you enjoy it.  Glad DH is getting a bigger screen and new computer - hope it helps him.

Judy - LOL - Glad your friend can now join you in crocheting! 

Well, I'm ready for Friday!!  This was a horrible, stressful day.  I am praying for a much calmer day tomorrow.  Can't really go into it here but I'm so ready for peace.  I really just want a NORMAL day with no crisis.

Well, I'm going to try again to load the pic of "ginkie".   Yea!!  I think it's loaded!!  It's on the couch so it's not a really good pic of it but at least you finally see it.

Mary - wow!!!  That's a lot of hexagons!!!  I've decided I won't ever make another afghan or anything that requires a lot of sewing squares together.  I just hate doing that!  I'm glad that you enjoy it.  Glad DH is getting a bigger screen and new computer - hope it helps him.

Judy - LOL - Glad your friend can now join you in crocheting! 

Well, I'm ready for Friday!!  This was a horrible, stressful day.  I am praying for a much calmer day tomorrow.  Can't really go into it here but I'm so ready for peace.  I really just want a NORMAL day with no crisis.

Well, I'm going to try again to load the pic of "ginkie".   Yea!!  I think it's loaded!!  It's on the couch so it's not a really good pic of it but at least you finally see it.

post-27829-0-21788900-1377132911_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies!

Linda, Your coming right along on your projects. Great news on Kim getting to go home. Seven months is a long time in rehab. She sure is a fighter!

Mary, That's great hubby will be getting a computer and monitor to work on. Your moving right along on your hexagons.

Sherry, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. The ginkie looks great. Nice colors for a male. Sorry HB didn't work out for DD. Glad she can return back to the nursery. Sorry you have to give up an hour in the morning.

Judy, That's nice you've turned a WW friend onto crocheting.

No appointment yet, but I did put a call into them. Hubby's brother and SIL came up today for awhile. We had a nice visit. I did the invitations for my Dad's birthday celebration today and lots of laundry.

Hope everyone has a great thursday!

Quick pop in to say hi!!!!

Read up on all the 'comings and going's---pretty eye candy from Sherry!!!

Had some much needed R&R time last night after work....and now I'm off to Paradise ---day 11 in a row! Craziness.....but finally the end is in sight!

Hugs to all!

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is just busy today. Today was a play day for Maya and I. We played 6 games of sorry and she beat me 4 times. She went swimming this afternoon. I just sat on the dock and watched her. The water is down. I could barely get my feet wet. It gets like that every year though, so nothing new.

Joanne,  Glad you were able to get some R&R time. So glad you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope everyone has a good friday!

Good morning. I worked yesterday and ended up staying late. I wasn't terribly busy though. I am busy every day next week, so I plan to get a lot done this weekend. I'll catch up on laundry and do some of those chores that I've been putting off, washing floors and some weeding and cleaning of deck, porch and patio. Windows need washing too, but it may be too hot for that.

Sherry, fingers crossed for a day that goes smoothly, with no drama. Your "ginkie" looks great. I'm glad dd could go back to her old job. Btw, I detest sewing things together, although I do like making squares. I see that Judy has introduced another poor unsuspecting crafter to saltines too. I wonder if she knows what she is getting into?

Joanne, will you be off this weekend? I'm exhausted just reading about your work schedule!

Mary, hope the computer works for dh. Good to read that he has a good attitude about the vision problem. I'm not so sure I would. And good going on the hexagons. Looking forward to seeing those come together.

Linda, WTG on all your progress on projects. That's great about Kim.

Marlene, is Maya excited for school to start? Or will she miss the summer fun at Grandmas house too much? And so glad for good news about hubby's pancreas. I was worried when you posted.

Tam, you sound so excited about your job. And your boys, such handsome young men!

Val, hope you are well, getting lots of crocheting done.

Marisa, the KtB pictures are just fantastic, seeing it all put together really shows what a massive undertaking it was. That reminds me, yesterday I saw a picture of a yarn bombed camper. I can't find it back, but it was quite a sight!

Well, better get to work......Coffee first though.

Archived