Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:sun ...... Good Morning House .......

Hope all is well with you all!   I'm good... you know me ... headache... but thats my life.... LOL   I've manage to get it to a dull roar so I can focus on todays chores/errands.    Shoot... if I didnt have a headache... I would know I must have died.   LOL

I dont know what is up with me being able to get into Crochetville... but it took a while before I could again this morning.... hmmmm?

So today... boys and I are going to scrub top to bottom.. inside and out my sons Jeep to get it ready for School on Friday.   Then we're going to go get my Jeep from the mechanic.... So I can start my first day back to work tomorrow.

This year the High School has gone "iPad"  so all their text books and homework will be done on iPads that were checked out to them for the year.  This will be interesting!  

Wow.... School already.... my summer just flew by!

And I cant believe how grown up my boys are and how big my grandbabies are getting!   :sigh

Fall Baseball will be starting here in a couple weeks.   I cant wait!  I love Baseball... and I really love watching my boys  play baseball!

I really need to get my backside busy with my yarn and hook... I have orders to fill.. and Christmas is coming quick!!!   132 days till Christmas.... :faint

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary..... have fun today with Luke and Zach!!!   Thanks for the compliment!!! :U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay kids... off to get a few things done!

catch ya later!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning housemates :hi

I had a new patient this morning :clap and another new one scheduled tomorrow :yay  I'm going out to dinner tonight with Steph and some friends and plan to make a stop at HL since it's across the street, which means I have to get there early because they'll be closed when we're done.  My friend asked me if I'd make a baby blanket for her nephew that's due in Oct/Nov and I said yes, after the bridge was done.  So, she might meet me early to look at yarn.  Which reminds me I have to look up some patterns for her to check out.  She's thinking something lightweight.  And I want to check out the ILTY colors for the PO's ghan....although, I gave him my email and I hope he realizes that he has to contact me, I should've taken his to let him know when it was done....but I was exhausted at that point and not really thinking :think :shrug

Linda - I hope you're feeling better soon :hug

Marlene - Sounds like Payton's birthday was fun for him :yes

Tam - Wow, iPad's for school!  That's great.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Enjoy your day with the boys.

Tam, Those headbands are cute. Good luck on your first day of school. The summer has flown by here to. School doesn't start here until the day after labor day.

Marisa, Glad to hear you have two new patients. What pattern and yarn did you pick for the baby blanket?

I did some cleaning and laundry this morning. I was on the phone this afternoon taking care of things. I also called the doctors office since we haven't heard from them. Still waiting for them to call back. I called are insurance company to find out about getting my own traction machine. Are insurance pays for it. I faxed my prescription and they should be shipping it to me. I can't wait!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi all,

Love the baseball headbands, Tammy! Hope all goes well for the first day of school

Marlene- That's great that the insurance will pay for you to get the traction machine!

Marisa- WTG on 2 new patients!! I sure hope the PO will contact you--it'd be a shame if you couldn't reach him to give him the afghan when it's done. Have fun at HL and dinner!

Mary- Hope the boys didn't wear you out too much!! I'm babysitting Friday night for my 2!! Then have to work on Sat at 8--I'm sure I'll sleep well though!

Had another busy, busy day- and I 've got the urge to knit tonight. But not the baby blanket. I'm thinking of starting a scarf or something--but what I really should do is work on the blanket for my step grandson. We'll see once I'm done with dinner what I end up doing.

Val, Judy, Cindy, Linda--hope your day was a good one. Cindy- sure hope you are having good weather while you are away camping.

Tammy ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you're still battling those headaches. :hug   Have a good "first day back to work" tomorrow!  I've just read recently that some of the area school districts are using iPads, too.  Fort Worth ISD is so large - it may be cost prohibitive.  And thank you very much for the reminder about Christmas...I think. :D

Marisa ~ Yea for more new patients! :yay   It sounds like you'll be busy with afghans for a while. :yes

Marlene ~ Great news about the traction machine. :manyheart   I hope you hear back about DH's surgery very soon.

Joanne ~ Enjoy your evening, whether you crochet or knit. :)

Linda ~ I hope the edema is a bit better today. :hug  Have you done any more with the weaving?

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

It's been a long day, but a good one.  I was at DD's for almost 6 hours - Luke takes long naps, but Zach likes power naps better. ;)  He's starting to pull up to furniture - and crawls very fast. :lol

DH is in Houston until tomorrow night, so I'm going to crochet this evening. :yes

Marlene - thanks for the link to the dragon scarf!!!!  It's soooo cute.  Might try to make one for DIL.  I think she'd wear something like that.

Mary - hope things went well for you and your boys.

Joanne - hope you get some rest tonight.  My days are long and hectic as well.  And the tension is horrible.  I'm not sure anything is going to get settled soon.  I just hate conflict and that's about all we have now :(

Tammy - I didn't realize Christmas was soooo close--keep us posted on the countdown!!  LOL.  I usually want until November to start on Christmas projects--maybe this year I'll start early??  LOL  The headbands are so cute! 

Marisa - congrats on the new patients!  I saw that bridge on Yahoo and wondered if that was some of your handywork!!  It's awesome!!  So beautiful!  Hope it's enjoyed by all that pass by it every day.  Did you get to HL?  Pick out some lovely ILTY? 

Had the boys last night, be the last time during the week until fall break or Christmas break.  School starts on Friday.  Littlest one will be in kindergarten and it's not an all day class, only 2 1/2 hours.  Most schools here are all day but not this school.  He will be in the afternoon class, so I get to take him after he eats lunch at day care and then either I or DD will pick them up after school.  She's got 3 evening classes, so I'll be there 3 nights a week.  So not looking forward to the drive every day but at least I'll get out of the office for an hour!

Worked on "ginkie" tonight.  Any suggestions on an edging or do I just leave it as it is (it's a giant granny square).  There's 3 colors in it, peacock, white and orange.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated--it's for a guy so nothing frilly  LOL.

I have a meeting tomorrow night, so I won't get to work on anything as I'll be too tired to do anything once I get home.  Well I'd better get some rest, have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you!

Quick stop in to wish you all a good day!!

Sherry- How about edging it in a row of sc followed by a row of reverse sc (crab stitch). Simple, but finishes it off...just a thought

Gotta scoot----have a good day friends!

Good morning, all. :manyheart   It's raining again!  I have to leave by 8, so sure hope it lets up by then.  Today should be the last time I make this drive for a long time - if ever.  Sue and I have papers to file with the county that we sent to our sister in VA to sign, transfer the house deed and close all but one bank account.  Then it's just doing the final accounting stuff and I will do that in the next few days.  Then I can relax and take care of a list of neglected things at home!

Thinking of you all and hope you have a good Friday. ♥

Mary, you're getting so close to finishing up.  Hooray!

I slept late since I don't have to work today.  It's down right chilly outside.  I needed a light sweat shirt when out there.  It's cloudy, too.  I finished a 12" square for a baby blanket yesterday.  Just 3 more to go.  Then I can sew them together and put on the border and it's finally done.  I started this sooo long ago, but ran out of one of the colors and couldn't find more.  The first substitute I tried failed miserably.  I finally came up with a good one so can finally get this out of the WIP category.  Worked on a prayer shawl and have that between 2/3 and 3/4 done.  My goal during this month's charity CAL is to finish as many WIP prayer shawls and other items as possible.   :hook

Hope you all are having a great Friday.   :manyheart

We are home from camping. We had a great time and terrific weather. Cool nights and sunny warm days with no humidity.

We have the camper mostly cleaned up and laundry half done. I'm quitting for now though, since I have to work tomorrow and Sunday.

Good night everyone.

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I think I missed Thursday and Friday again :eek  Wednesday night I stopped at HL and picked up yarn.  ILTY in royal blue and black for the PO's ghan, so much softer than RHSS or Caron.  And my friend picked her yarn for the baby blanket, which is that baby bee's (?) in blue and off white.  I brought a few patterns for her to look at and she just loved this one   http://www.michaels.com/Loops-Threads%E2%84%A2-Lilac-White-Crochet-Baby-Blanket/e08024,default,pd.html?cgid=projects 

We had a great dinner with friends and on Thursday I had another dinner....this one hosted by a dr at the Ohio Valley Hospital looking to work more in conjunction with chiros.  It was a great discussion with a decent turnout, although I don't know how many people were invited :think

Yesterday I sat and watched 2 modules of an online training course I'm doing to get certified to perform CDL physicals, which is coming up soon that only the certified dr's can perform them an physically certify truck drivers.  When my parents were here, we were over at Ingrid's and Clay (her husband) asked me about it and when he looked to get his done, there were only 2 in the area.  So of course we all thought it was a great idea and I told them I had looked into it but the course was a couple hundred (something I don't have), so of course my parents were all about it and dished out their credit card for me to do the course.  I registered on the 8th before the left and did the first 2 sessions yesterday, which ate up about 5 hours of my day.  Now I'll review all of that info before I go to the 3rd.  I really should've reviewed 1 before doing 2, but I have to do it on the regular computer to get the credit for the course.  For some reason it won't register you if you watch the webinar on the iPad.  So I figured I'd blow through 2 and then I can pull up the notes and info to review on the iPad whenever I have some downtime.  I have 4 more to go.  Then need them to send me the certificate of training and completion so that I can then sit for the examination and it takes up to 45 days to receive that info from the school. 

For those you that are bored :eek (I know, I know....what's that)  or if you don't have time now, save for later.  I'm going to share the link with you to the bridge public database.  There is a 'walking tour' feature that you can see pictures of every panel on the bridge (you would be able to use this as you went across to follow along) and the artists names are provided only if they checked that it was ok to make their name public (which was most people).  Or if you know others that participated, you can search the person's name from the 'find someones panel' link on the left to see theirs specifically. 

http://knitthebridge.com/ktb-pub/Tour.ktb

There is a mobile version of the site as well.

Marlene - WTG getting your own traction machine :clap

Joanne - What did you decide to work on....blanket or scarf?

Mary - I hope all is going well getting all the financial stuff in order.

Sherry - I did get ILTY...it's so soft!  I agree with Judy and Joanne about the reverse sc for your border....I use it on just about all my ghans.

Val - I hope you body gets 'callibrated' to the meds soon.

Linda - WTG on your baby blanket and WIP's

Cindy - Sounds like you had perfect camping weather!

Marisa  - glad you found some ILTY you liked.  I use it for almost everything I make.  Hope your online course goes well.  Sounds like a great thing to do.

Mary - hope things go well for you in getting everything in order. 

Joanne - hope your day went ok. 

Cindy - glad you had a good time camping! 

Valerie - hopefully you will soon be adjusted to the meds.  sometimes it just takes longer to get adjusted to them.

Yesterday was the first day of school--both boys did great.  Little one didn't even cry (which I think made DD very sad).  Thanks to all for the suggestion on the edging.  I think I know how to do it.  I think I've only got one or two more rounds and then I can do the edging and be done with this huge project!  Got new glasses yesterday (haven't worn them in about 10 years, had lasik surgery and finally need glasses again).  Getting used to no-line bioficals again :(

Well, I'd better go and get busy.  Have some boxes to empty out.  Have a great weekend all!!

Hello friends. I had a very busy, and very enjoyable day at work. Unfortunately, I only had about three hours of sleep last night, so I'm really dragging now. I think it will be an early to bed evening.

Marisa, sounds like that course is pretty rigorous, good luck with it. I like the pattern your friend picked out.

Sherry glad the boys enjoyed their first day of school. I know I always did. In fact I still like to buy school supplies! I just got new glasses, also no line bifocals and it took a bit of time to get used to them. I usually wear contacts, so it probably took me longer than it would take someone who always wears glasses.

Val, hope you get used to those meds soon.

Hello to everyone else, hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hey,Marisa - that's a nice blanket pattern! Looks like a translation,, though. Could make you pause at times....lol!

And TY for the link for the bridge panels! I just looked at one scetion - and found yours :)

Sleep well, Cindy!

Have a great night my friends :hug

Marisa, that's a pretty baby blanket pattern.  Good luck on the course work.  I'm sure you'll do great!   :cheer    :cheer    :cheer

Glad you had a good time camping, Cindy.

We were busy at work today, so I spent most of it on my feet, and didn't get much crocheting done.  I had to frog the brown shawl I was working on back to the starting chain.  It's a better width now and I'm close to getting back to where I was when I frogged it.

I called yesterday and got an appointment with the kidney doc for Monday afternoon.  So hopefully I'll be getting my BP back under control soon and getting rid of the edema, too.

Good morning,

Just to let you all know that I'm still here---working hard----and not having too much time for 'fun' things--but this too shall pass....

I did babysit Friday night- and had a ton of fun with the boys. Worked yesterday and have to work again today so not much time for fun. Hoping DH will go to the grocery store today. I took care of basic cleaning and laundry yesterday after work before settling in with knitting and crocheting. I worked about 10 rows on a knitted scarf I started and then worked on the ripple. Only a few more rows to go on that one!! So hopefully, I'll get it done during the week and be able to wash it and mail it my stepdaughter by weeks end/beginning of next week

Hope all goes well with the doc, Linda- High BP and edema are not good--but you know that. Hugs, my friend.

Marisa- I love that baby blanket pattern! Glad you were able to get the yarn at HL. I have some ILTY I bought in my stash and will be using that to make a blanket for my son-in-law. I'm aiming to give it to him for his birthday which is end of Sept- but we'll see. Still haven't decided on a pattern.

Cindy Glad you had a good time camping and that your work day was a good one yesterday. Hopefully you slept well last night. With all these hours I'm working, I was astonished that I woke up so early today--I'm hoping that we get out by 2 and then I may come home and take a nap.

Tam, How did the boys first day of school go?

Marlene- Is Maya still with you or has she gone back home to start school?

Sherry- Glad that the boys had a good first day of school.

Val, Judy, Mary, and everyone--time to get ready for another day in Paradise (that shouldn't be happening on a Sunday- LOL)

Hugs!

'morning, Joanne! I hope you plow through work quickly and smoothly today so you can relax tonight! Yay for time with the boys!

Marisa, that's a pretty baby blanket pattern.  Good luck on the course work.  I'm sure you'll do great!   :cheer    :cheer    :cheer

Glad you had a good time camping, Cindy.

We were busy at work today, so I spent most of it on my feet, and didn't get much crocheting done.  I had to frog the brown shawl I was working on back to the starting chain.  It's a better width now and I'm close to getting back to where I was when I frogged it.

Do you have a "frog" to keep you company when you do that like I do? ;)

I called yesterday and got an appointment with the kidney doc for Monday afternoon.  So hopefully I'll be getting my BP back under control soon and getting rid of the edema, too.

I hope you get everything back on track after you see the doctor :hug  :manyheart  :hug

Have a great day, everyone....cloudy here this morning but the temps have been awelcome break from Summertime norms. We'll be getting back to the 80's and maybe low 90's this week, but the end of all that is in sight!

Later, gators!

Joanne, I hope today at work goes smoothly and quickly so that you can have part of the day to rest.   :hug

Hi, Judy.  I used to have a frog, but I'm not sure if I still do or not.  If yes, then it's still in one of the unpacked boxes.  (Yeah I still have some of those.   :P)  Many of them hold lots and lots and lots of pictures, some of which are in albums and some of which aren't.  I'll be doing some more unpacking soon so that I've got places for the new "toys" I've gotten.   :lol

It's overcast and cool again today.  It rained all day and night yesterday and feels like it could open up again at any minute.  I'm going to do a few errands after church and then see where the day takes me.   :ghug

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸    

How are you all doing?   I'm good......lots to do to keep me busy.  :U

I dont know what issue I'm having logging on to the 'ville... but darn :(

Oh well.... got on now!  :D

Anyway... been busy getting ready for the first day of school... for me and the boys!   New little ones for me to help teach this year.. and new stuff for my boys to learn!

I cant believe how time has just flown by.  The last of my three babies are 8th grade... Freshman and a Senior this year.  Seriously... I cried all day at school!

post-18634-0-98818100-1376846809_thumb.jpg

Fall Baseball season is here..........Games will be starting in the next couple weeks.   A friend showed me a picture of an ear-warmer that she thought I could make.... Well................ I did............. and now I have orders for them.  LOL  

Looks like I'll be busy!

post-18634-0-37838800-1376844758_thumb.jpg

I've made Softball ones too!

Oh .... pretty blanket Marisa

Your camping trip sounds wondeful Cindy!!!

So glad the boys had a good first day at school Sherry!  Mine did too!

Oh Val............... :hug feel better soon

Have a great day Judy

You have a great day too Joanne and eveyone else!!!!!

:heart

:mug

WooHoo!!!  I got the afghan finished!!!  Couldn't sleep so I decided to work on it and finished it early this morning. Did the reverse sc for the edging.  I really like it.  I have all the tails hidden and it's ready to give to my Godson. Trying to upload the picture of it, not sure why it's not loading.  May have to try it again. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!  We stayed in today, since I was up almost all night, didn't want to get up and go anywhere.  we've gone through several boxes.  We plan to bring all the stuff from storage next Saturday and then we'll have more to go through.  But hopefully this wi

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I hope things went smoothly for you to be almost finished with your Dads estate.

Sherry, Glad the grandsons had a good first day at school. Congratulations on finishing the afghan for your godson.

Joanne, Glad you had a fun night with the boys. I hope this week isn't to stressful and you get to relax in the evenings. Maya is still with us. The count down is on. Less than 2 weeks and she will be going home. Although we are at here house right now. She is going to do cheerleading and it starts tonight. She has to be there tonight for the measuring.

Marisa, I'll check out the link for the ktb later. Thanks for sharing it. Good luck with the course. I'm sure you'll do just fine. That's a pretty baby blanket pattern. 

Cindy, Glad you had a time camping. Hope you got some good sleep last night. I like buying school supplies to.

Linda,  Hope the doctors visit ends with  quick results.  Sorry you had to find your way to the frog pond.

Val, Hope you feel better real soon!

Judy, Are august has been cool, but it is changing this week. We are going to be complaining as it is to hot again. Upper 80's this week.

Tam, Glad you and the boys had a good first day at school.

We went to hubby's sisters and bil's  (Melaine and Brian's) this weekend. We had a cookout with there daughter and her family, and the neighbors and they had there granddaughter with them. We had two 6year olds and two 7year olds. They played very well together. We parked hubby's truck at my sisters so I dropped him and Daisy off so they could go home. Hubby works on Mondays. Tonight after Maya's cheerleading I will be taking her sister home and then spend the night at my sisters. Hubby has a doctor appt. tomorrow. He's having to have a checkup on his pancreas. When he had his physical are doctor said something isn't right. So off to get it checked out. The only thing I know about his surgery date is end of October. But that isn't for sure yet.

A new Hobby Lobby opened up here by DD's so I'm going to check it out today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Archived