Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh, Linda, that was an oooops! :lol  Glad it all worked out in the end.... :clap

An update on our friend Gary: it looks like they caught the melanoma early! The remaining area will be excised in about 2 weeks. TY all for your concern and prayers. :manyheart  :hug

Have a good night everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

It's the weekend!!! And I don't have to work!!!!! But I do have to work the next two weekends and then it's over. Well, there's still lots to do 'post go live' but at least it won't involve weekends.  So the next two weeks will be very very busy! I'm planning on taking it easy this weekend and resting up!!!!

I'll catch up on the comings/goings in the AM, but for now, going to do laundry to get that chore out of the way!

Hugs!

Joanne ~ I'm glad you don't have to work this weekend.  Rest lots with the next two weeks and weekends straight.  Ouch!  But at least it will finally be done.

Judy ~ I'm so happy for Gary!  That sounds so promising.

Went looking for the yarn shop that, according to the internet, carried spinning wheels.  Finally found it after driving all around it, but they no longer have the spinning wheels and fiber.  I did get some specialty yarn that was 40% off to use as extra glitz on some of my crochet work.

Now I'm home for the day.  Work tomorrow afternoon.

Joanne - Enjoy your weekend!  Hope you get some rest.  At least you have an end date now.

Cindy - thanks for the link.  Will look at it and see if I can some lighter weight yarn for it. 

Linda - glad you were able to get to the lunch almost on time!  I had one of those days today as well.  GS woke me up at 4:30 when he had a nightmare and I never could get back to sleep--both boys were up and dressed before 7:30 and we were still late to work. 

Mary - sounds like things went well for you today.  My knee is doing a lot better.  I'm still wearing the brace some (not every night but since the knee is straighter, I wear about 5 nights a week and give it rest a couple of nights.)  Hope you didn't have any nasty weather last night--we had terrible storms, flooding and a possible tornado.  Lasted forever (or at least it seemed that way). 

Glad it's the weekend!  I hope next week will be better but I'm not counting on it. 

Well I'd better get off of here and get some rest.  Have a great weekend al!  Hugs to everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, At least you were only a few minutes late and could still enjoy it. That's to bad on the spinning wheels.

Judy, Great news on Gary!

Joanne, Hope you get plenty of rest this weekend. At least you can see a light at the end of the tunnel with this project.

Sherry and everyone else wishing you a happy weekend.

We only went to one garage sale yesterday. Grandpa got pick her own fishing tackle box. It was loaded with tackle and only 2.00. I think he really wanted the tackle and he will give her the box. So they were both happy. Then we went to the store and picked up a few things.

Yesterday the girl across the street came over. She this thing she rides a cross between a moped and a scooter. I seen her out here at are place going to put it in the lake. I yelled out and told her to get it away from the lake. She told Maya she doesn't like people telling her what to do. To bad your at my house, if she doesn't like then don't do things that someone has to tell you not to do or stay home. So she went further down the road to another house she plays at and hubby happened to be out on the deck and knocked on the window and motioned for me to come out. She was down there and putting her scooter in the water backwards. I'm sure it runs on a battery so it won't be long and she won't have that. She drives it pretty fast to. I have told Maya I don't want her riding on it. She isn't safe and Maya's luck she would end up with a broken bone and unhappy parents.

Today were going to the festival in Stanton. Stanton is where my Grandpa and was born and raised (actually north of town). Were going to the parade, the car show and stop by and see Mary.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning, ladies. It's a beautiful morning here. I have to confess though, that I didn't get up until 9:30. Unfortunately, I have a lot to do today, and ought to get moving. However, I am sitting out on the front porch drinking coffee with dh, and have been for 45 minutes. Eventually I will get moving.....Dd wants to go out to lunch today, and since I was unable to go shopping with her and older dd yesterday, I will probably go. I ended up working unexpectedly. I'm not crazy about shopping so it wasn't a big deal.

We are going to a birthday party for our 1 year old great nephew this afternoon. I need to bring some sort of finger food to share. I am planning to bring this:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ranch-ham-roll-ups

I still need to wrap his gift as well.

My WIPs are getting nowhere fast. I'm bored with all of them, and would like to try something new. So far, I have resisted, but it's only a matter of time!

Well, better get going!

:sun Good Morning kids...................................

Miss me?   LOL............ My goodness... I cant believe I have been away for so long!   My life got so busy I feel like I have lost all track of time!   This year  has just flown by!   Can you believe School is about to start?!?   My youngest David will be in 8th grade... My sweet super hero Michael will be a Freshman... and my wonderful young man Patrick will be a Senior........... :sigh 

Hubby is doing well.... :whew  :D  with all the detours he's been taking ... I think he finally found the road to full recovery!

We had a couple bumps with my husband and my son... but they are both in remission and doing very good!

There is just so much to catch up on.... so much to share .... I dont even know where to start.

But for right now... I'm gonna go get a :mug refill and change over laundry... then come back here to play some more!

BBIAB

{{{hugs hugs hugs}}}

:heart

:mug

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ Your weather sounds gorgeous!  Enjoy your day...the roll-ups sound yummy and perfect for a party!

Judy ~ The RR colors sound so fun and bright. :yes   Great news about your friend, Gary!

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful weekend!

Linda ~ So sorry the yarn shop didn't have the spinning wheels and supplies.  Did they have a good yarn selection?  I hope work goes well today.

Sherry ~ Yay for your knee doing so well. :yay   No, we haven't had any rain and my rain dances aren't working, either. :lol

Marlene ~ Have fun at the festival today.  The neighbor girl seems to have quite an attitude! :rolleyes 

No crochet time yet, but plan to treat myself to that this afternoon.  Lots of time spent at the desk - the end is in sight!

Good morning!  I'm having lunch and getting ready for work this afternoon.  I woke up about 9:00, but laid in bed and read for about an hour before actually getting up.  Rose is getting rid of more of her things.  Today I got a bedside table and shelf unit.  She really doesn't want them to be sold or go to GoodWill.  I can find a place and use for these so that made her very happy.

Marlene ~ That girl from across the street sounds in need of some discipline or maybe more attention from her folks.  Sometimes parents give things instead of time and love.  Maybe her bad behavior is an attempt to get their attention.  Any attention is sometimes better than none at all.

Tammy!!!!  It's wonderful to hear from you again.   :hug   You've been in my thoughts and prayers.  It's wonderful to hear that hubby and kids are doing well.

Sherry ~ Enjoy your weekend.  I'm so glad to hear that your knee is doing so well.  Recovery from that surgery can be a bug-a-bear.  

Everyone have a great day and weekend.  Catch you all later.   :manyheart

Marlene, have a wonderful day!!

Good morning, ladies. It's a beautiful morning here. I have to confess though, that I didn't get up until 9:30. Unfortunately, I have a lot to do today, and ought to get moving. However, I am sitting out on the front porch drinking coffee with dh, and have been for 45 minutes. I think that's  a great way to ease into the day! Eventually I will get moving.....Dd wants to go out to lunch today, and since I was unable to go shopping with her and older dd yesterday, I will probably go. I ended up working unexpectedly. I'm not crazy about shopping so it wasn't a big deal.Enjoy being with your daughters!

We are going to a birthday party for our 1 year old great nephew this afternoon. I need to bring some sort of finger food to share. I am planning to bring this:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ranch-ham-roll-ups
I still need to wrap his gift as well.That looks yummy!

My WIPs are getting nowhere fast. I'm bored with all of them, and would like to try something new. So far, I have resisted, but it's only a matter of time!Oh, maybe we can *ahem* help out with the need for a new project? :devil :goodorbad  

Well, better get going!

:sun Good Morning kids...................................

Miss me?   LOL............ My goodness... I cant believe I have been away for so long!   My life got so busy I feel like I have lost all track of time!   This year  has just flown by!   Can you believe School is about to start?!?   My youngest David will be in 8th grade... My sweet super hero Michael will be a Freshman... and my wonderful young man Patrick will be a Senior........... :sigh

Hubby is doing well.... :whew  :D  with all the detours he's been taking ... I think he finally found the road to full recovery!

We had a couple bumps with my husband and my son... but they are both in remission and doing very good!

There is just so much to catch up on.... so much to share .... I dont even know where to start.

But for right now... I'm gonna go get a :mug refill and change over laundry... then come back here to play some more!

BBIAB

{{{hugs hugs hugs}}}

Hi, Tam!!  Good to see you back at the house!

Cindy is bored with her WIPs....any new ideas for her? :devil

We're going to a nearby Greek restaurant for an early dinner today - saved most of my day's weight watchers points for the good food!

Linda, that's great you could uses some of Rose's furniture....

Have a good day my friends!

Judy ~ Have a wonderful dinner out!  

Hmmm...I think I have an idea for Cindy! :idea  Knowing how much she loves joining motifs :D and weaving in lots of ends, :yes  this might be just the thing to end the boredom! :devil

post-10699-0-09364500-1376167097_thumb.jpg

Mary - I'm sure Cindy would just LOVE that pattern to end her boredom :D   That is a beautiful pattern but I would never make just because of all the color changes!  Sorry you've not had any rain, we have way more than we need and it just keeps coming.  That's why we have all the flooding now.  If it keeps going, we'll break a record of most rainfall for the year :yes  

Tammy - so good to see you again!!  Glad DH and DS are in remission.  I've been wondering how everyone was doing.  Looking forward to see some of your projects.

Marisa - hope things went well at the dr for your mom. 

Cindy - Glad you had some time to enjoy coffee with DH.  Enjoy the birthday party!  I will try not to tempt you into making anything new :D  :D

Linda - glad you could use some of Rose's things.  I know that will make her happy.

Took my friend shopping this morning - went to a much bigger grocery store and it took almost 2 1/2 hours.  I'd much rather do Walmart as it usually takes about 1 1/2 hours.  Took a nap, and now I'm going to work on "ginkie" and see how much more I can get done.  I need to make a prayer shawl for a friend (she had one that I made her a few years but a tornado took their house and all their things 3 years ago) and now that they will be moving farther away, I want her to have another one.  I know HL has their yarn on sale but not sure I can talk either DD or DH to go with me so I can get the discount.  I also need to figure out what I will lmake for Christmas presents.  DIL loves dinosaurs and have thought about making her one for one of her gifts. I'm sure both GS will want something made, maybe a dinosaur for them too, will just have to wait and see what they want. 

Well, I'd better go and get busy on that "ginkie".  Have a great weekend all!  Hugs to all of you!

HI all,

What a wonderful day it was!! Glorious weather- and lots of 'me' time!!! Went for a mani/pedi, then over to DD's house. We all went to the county fair and Ryan just loved the animals--especially the sheep!!! He also liked the alpaca! (so did I- LOL)  Later on the in the day, we came home, had dinner and then I did a little shopping and was able to get Ryan a NY Giants tee-shirt and Sweatshirt at TJ Maxx-for $20.00!!! I also picked him up a hat. I bought a few things for myself at Kohl's- and got some very good deals! Tomorrow, DD and the boys are coming over in the afternoon for relaxation and swimming.

Tam- Good to see you posting here again. I saw on FB that Patrick played for Team USA in the Dominican Republic- sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Glad that Michael and DH are doing so well.

Mary- I love the look of the hexagons, but doubt I'd ever do it. I'm more a 'one piece' afghan kind of gal! LOL. I still have the Sunny Spread with only 3 more squares to do- and then sew them together- it'll be 36 squares all together. I've had this one in my WIP pile for quite a while--that and my knitted blanket... just not enough time lately to do anything 'crafty'. I have been doing a few rows most night on the ripple for step GS, but then start falling asleep with the repetition of the stitches.

Sherry- That's nice to make another shawl for your friend. Hope you got some more done on the 'ginky' and tha tDD and/or DH will go with you to HL to get the employee discount on the yarn.

Linda- Hope your day at work went well. Too bad that you drove to the LYS only to find out that they don't carry spinning things any longer. That's so nice of Rose to give you some things- and I'm sure she is very grateful to know that they will be used and cared for.

Cindy- Hope you had a nice time at the party- the ham/cream cheese pin roll ups are delicious. My DD has made them for some of her parties!

Marlene- That girl sounds like she could sure use some discipline. Hope you had a good day today and that Mary is doing well.

Marisa- I was thinking of you today- with the KtB installation going up!! I really can't wait to see pictures.

Judy- What a glorious sky tonight- I took some pictures-  with the pink and blue it was so pretty! Hope you had a nice day- and I was glad to hear the good news about Gary. I'm hoping that sometime in Sept we can meet up at the Bux on a Saturday morning! Would that work for you?

Well, back to the NY Giants/Steelers pre-season game. Glad it's football time- The Yankees are not looking good and I'm ready for some football!!! LOL

Today was nicely busy at work.  We broke $230 just for me and more for Lily before I got there.  A good day.  I brought home a new scarf today.  We have some gorgeous ones with facing peacocks on them, which I have resisted up until now.  Today I priced one that had a dark green background and it just called my name.  I couldn't resist it.

And, of course, more rain this afternoon.  It was pouring at one point.

Marisa, I saw the pictures you posted of the KtB project on Facebook.  Wow!!!  That is really impressive!!!  I can't imagine why there was any problems getting approval for it, as it is stunning.

Have a good night all.

Tammy!  Oh, it's wonderful to see you again!  :manyheart    I've thought about you often and am so glad things sound like they're going well. :hug

Hey honey.....good to see you too! :D

Good morning!  I'm having lunch and getting ready for work this afternoon.  I woke up about 9:00, but laid in bed and read for about an hour before actually getting up.  Rose is getting rid of more of her things.  Today I got a bedside table and shelf unit.  She really doesn't want them to be sold or go to GoodWill.  I can find a place and use for these so that made her very happy.

Marlene ~ That girl from across the street sounds in need of some discipline or maybe more attention from her folks.  Sometimes parents give things instead of time and love.  Maybe her bad behavior is an attempt to get their attention.  Any attention is sometimes better than none at all.

Tammy!!!!  It's wonderful to hear from you again.   :hug   You've been in my thoughts and prayers.  It's wonderful to hear that hubby and kids are doing well.

Sherry ~ Enjoy your weekend.  I'm so glad to hear that your knee is doing so well.  Recovery from that surgery can be a bug-a-bear.  

Everyone have a great day and weekend.  Catch you all later.   :manyheart

Hey there.....so good to see you too!

Gosh I missed all of you!

Marlene, have a wonderful day!!

Hi, Tam!!  Good to see you back at the house!

Cindy is bored with her WIPs....any new ideas for her? :devil

We're going to a nearby Greek restaurant for an early dinner today - saved most of my day's weight watchers points for the good food!

Linda, that's great you could uses some of Rose's furniture....

Have a good day my friends!

Hey Judy ...... How are you?

Hmmmm..... Project for Cindy ....lets see........ Well a good ol' granny square blanket might be nice. Those are pretty simple and fun! LOL. :D

Hmmm...I think I have an idea for Cindy! :idea  Knowing how much she loves joining motifs :D and weaving in lots of ends, :yes  this might be just the thing to end the boredom! :devil

attachicon.gifHexagons (2).JPG

Ooooooh..... Those are pretty!

'morning, peeps!

Tam, I'm doing pretty good...usual stuff as you get to a "certain age" but otherwise pretty good :D

Hi, Sherry!

attachicon.gifHexagons (2).JPG

The Greek food was terrific - esp because I didn't have to cook any of it...lol!

HI all,

What a wonderful day it was!! Glorious weather- and lots of 'me' time!!! Went for a mani/pedi, then over to DD's house. We all went to the county fair and Ryan just loved the animals--especially the sheep!!! He also liked the alpaca! (so did I- LOL)  Later on the in the day, we came home, had dinner and then I did a little shopping and was able to get Ryan a NY Giants tee-shirt and Sweatshirt at TJ Maxx-for $20.00!!! I also picked him up a hat. I bought a few things for myself at Kohl's- and got some very good deals! Tomorrow, DD and the boys are coming over in the afternoon for relaxation and swimming.What a nice day!!!! :clap

Judy- What a glorious sky tonight- I took some pictures-  with the pink and blue it was so pretty!Oh, I missed it! I get a very good view from my patio window - when I remmber to look! :lol  Hope you had a nice day- and I was glad to hear the good news about Gary. I'm hoping that sometime in Sept we can meet up at the Bux on a Saturday morning! Would that work for you?That would be terrific! Just let me know what works for you....

Well, back to the NY Giants/Steelers pre-season game. Glad it's football time- The Yankees are not looking good and I'm ready for some football!!! LOL

I totally cannot watch the Yankees - too sad...

We're both looking forward to Giants football!

Today was nicely busy at work.  We broke $230 just for me and more for Lily before I got there.  A good day.  I brought home a new scarf today.  We have some gorgeous ones with facing peacocks on them, which I have resisted up until now.  Today I priced one that had a dark green background and it just called my name.  I couldn't resist it.

That's why I wouldn't dare work at B&N....my paycheck would be seriously diminished! :lol

And, of course, more rain this afternoon.  It was pouring at one point.

Marisa, I saw the pictures you posted of the KtB project on Facebook.  Wow!!!  That is really impressive!!!  I can't imagine why there was any problems getting approval for it, as it is stunning.

Have a good night all.

Hey Judy ...... How are you?
Hmmmm..... Project for Cindy ....lets see........ Well a good ol' granny square blanket might be nice. Those are pretty simple and fun! LOL. :D

There ya go, Cindy! And you can just work over the ends.... ;)

It was gloriously cool this morning when I let the dogs out! A hint of Fall in the air!

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Happy Sunday, everyone.   :ty   for the compliments on the hexagons.♥  The centers are actually taupe - they look gray in the picture, but I'm not using any gray.  It's fun using up stash - I think I'll only have to buy a couple skeins of the linen!  I've been putzing in the yard this a.m., but it's too darn hot! 

Have a good afternoon - Bbl. :)

:sun..... Gooooooooooooooood Afternoon House...........

So good to see you all!   What a lovely busy week/weekend it has been around here.   County Fair and getting ready for school... all after our trip so still trying to settle back in from that!   :whew

I posted lots of pictures on Facebook and my blog of our trip for any who are interested.

I've been keeping very busy this year with my crocheting even with working at the Elementary School and a summer full of Baseball.

Here's just a few  things ....................

This is a blanket a dear friend placed an order for me to make for her to give as a baby gift to her neighbor.

post-18634-0-79525800-1376240174_thumb.jpg

This is my "go to" baby blanket pattern.... hubby needed a baby blanket for a friend at work whos wife had a baby girl.    Love Round Ripples!

post-18634-0-09458800-1376240233_thumb.jpg

This is a WIP.......... its a knitted Chain-link scarf.  

post-18634-0-92122600-1376240370_thumb.jpg

Well..... took forever for this to load............

so now I need to make a run to the store...............

BBL  to chat more!

have a great day all.

What beautiful gifts, Tammy!  Sounds like you've been super busy.

I've read one of my books and played games on the computer so far today.  And made and had lunch.  It's hot out and I'm just not in a very energetic mood today.  Although I'm thinking of making a run to Michael's as they've got a sale on from 3 -7 day where you get 25% of your whole purchase.  That's tempting me.

Archived