Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary - so sorry for all that's going on in your family.  I'm glad that the whooping cough was diagnosed so quickly.  So sorry to hear about your BIL, will say some prayers for him and the family.

Joanne - sounds like a "good" busy weekend!  Glad you and DD got to go to HL.  I noticed ILTY was on sale but I didn't get out as it's soooo hot (again).  Glad you were able to get some on sale.

Cindy - thanks for thinking of me.  It has been a very busy and stressful time.  I have rested and done some crocheting, so I'm getting my "me" time.  Tomorrow I hope to sleep in (well at least past 7 anyway!!).  Hope your allergic reaction gets better soon.  I don't change any type of body soaps, laundry soaps, etc. unless the manufacturers decided to make it "NEW AND IMPROVED" which usually means they've added some kind of fragrance.  I hope the meds work quickly!  Sounds like you had a great dinner with DH.

Have a great evening all and a wonderful Labor Day holiday (for those that get the day off). 

Hugs to all!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sorry to hear Zach has whopping cough. Glad that it was caught early. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Cindy, Your evening with hubby sounds like a nice time. I hope your rash goes away soon.

Joanne, Your weekend sounds just like you want it to be nice, simple and easy. Nice of hubby to cook so you didn't have to.

Sherry, Sorry your not going to see the GS's this weekend. It's nice that you get to see them at the nursery school at your work. I hope things calm down soon for you at work. Be sure and take care of yourself and not wear yourself out and get sick.

Linda, I'm beginning to worry about you. I hope your okay and just busy.

Tam, Have a fun time at the fair and your little mini vacation.

Val, Hope your doing better.

Marisa, Have fun at the game. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Judy, With fall right around the corner will you be making more trips to the orchard?

Yesterday the girls and I made the cupcake cake. In the afternoon we had are little birthday party for Daisy. I took some pics with my phone so I'll see if I can post them tomorrow. Then we loaded Maya's stuff up and we were on are way to meet her parents and sister. She called me tonight. She was singing to me what she wanted to say. She was happy! But she always is.

We went up to visit Gordy and Mary. They are doing well.

I'm glad everyone like the afghan I shared.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day!

Good Monday morning, House. :)   Major lightning and thunder woke me up!  It's been weeks since we had rain, so it's a very good thing. :yes  The last two days have been 105* and miserable.

Thanks to all of you for the hugs and sweet words. :manyheart   We are going to babysit for the boys today so DD and SIL can get out and have some time together.  Zach has finished his antibiotics and feels fine, thank goodness. 

I will check in later - may try to go back to sleep for a while. :) 

Hi, peeps!

Marlene, funny you should say the Orchard...we were going to go there yesterday but had too much to do...next Sunday. We try and go every 2-3 weeks... :D

Cindy, working today puts the Labor in Labor Day! :lol  I hope the day goes fast - and without too many crises....

Later, gators....

Oh - finished the 16 ounces of Homespun and using almost every bit of it and an L hook it came to 42 inches....

Hi, everyone.  Sorry to be MIA this past week.  Ragweed has come into bloom and I'm having a hard time getting the meds right.  Sometimes I feel over medicated and sometimes under.  I guess it goes with how much I'm out and about, but that's hard to gauge most days.  I'm trying to stay inside for the most part.

I finally got up my nerve to try and warp my loom.  It wasn't nearly as hard as I was imagining it would be.  The first step went really smoothly.  Now I have to wind the majority of the yarn onto the loom (with paper between the rows of winding to keep them from tangling and keep the tension even.)  Then I'll have to do the second step of separating the double rows into individual rows.  Given the ease of the first step I'm not looking forward to any big problems with it.

GS has started school and things are going well for him.  He's a busy, happy kid.  He got to spend a day with his other grandma a few days ago and had a wonderful time.  DD is starting to plan his birthday party which is coming up in about 6 weeks.  Laser tag and bowling are both in the choice list at the moment anyway.  I picked up a board game for him at work last week.  Based on how he did with games this summer, this should be right up his alley.  DD agreed.

Joanne ~ Hooray for some time off.  Finally!!!

Marisa ~ I liked # 7 best, but they are all good photos.

Mary ~ I'm so glad to hear the Zach's whooping cough got caught early.  Like so many bugs now-a-days, we've killed off the susceptible ones only to leave the resistant ones behind, which are much harder to treat.

Have a good one.   :ghug

Happy Labor Day Everyone, 

Payton and Jocelyn went home this afternoon  and the house is quite quiet with no kids around. I talked to my sister today. Plan for supper tomorrow night. I'll be down there for a couple of days. Were having my Dad's party there so one of my brothers and I are going to help her around the yard. Are neighbor gave us some peaches so I put the flour, sugar and cinnamon (it calls for nutmeg) on them and put them in the refrigerator. I'm going to freeze them to make a peach pie later. I don't want to and leave hubby with a peach pie to himself. I did once and he ate it all. It was raspberry. I was up to DS's house babysitting and called to say I was on my way home. He was eating the last piece of pie and knew I would want some when I got home. So I learned not to leave something if I'm going to be gone very long.

Judy, You got a good size blanket for the 16 ounces. :clap on finishing it!

Cindy, Hope today was an easy day for you at work.

Mary, Glad Zack is doing good. Glad your getting some much needed rain.

Linda, It's so good to see you! You've been missed!! Sorry you've been dealing with allergies. Good luck with winding the yarn. I hope it all goes smoothly. :hug

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good morning. Work was steady yesterday, not overly busy. Some rather sad situations there at the moment. I don't work again until Saturday.

Judy, I'm impressed at the size of a blanket you got out of 16 oz.

Marlene, that's funny about hubby and the pie. My dh also has an awful habit of snacking until something is gone. Hope the grand kids all enjoy their first day of school. Enjoy your time with your sister.

Linda, it's good to hear from you. Glad the loom seems easier than anticipated. I have never had allergy problems until this year. It's not bad, but it's annoying. It seems to be affected by pollen, but it also seems to be a problem with whatever they use to wash the floors at work. My eyes itch and my nose runs like a tap. The housekeepers told me that they could use bleach in my rooms if I'd rather, but I think the .bleach smell would be a problem for some patients. The usual cleaner has very little if any odor. I guess I can deal with it.

Mary, good to hear that Zach is fine. Hope you and dh had a good day with them yesterday.

We are going camping for a few days this week. We'll be leaving later this morning and will probably come home Thursday evening. Since we have a camper, it's not much work, just pack clothes, food, lawn chairs and our bikes. Laundry needs to get finished before we go though.

I doubt we will have Internet access while we are gone, unless I use my phone. Posting from the phone is annoying though, so I probably won't.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning, all.  I'm up somewhat earlier than normal today.  The winding on of the warping strands is supposed to be a two person job, according to the directions, although my DD does it by herself all the time.  It's not bad at all with just one person.   :D   I'm getting close to the end now and will be doing the next step of the warping later today.  Or, at least, starting it.   :lol   So far the process is much easier than anticipated, so I'm hopeful it will continue that way.

Cindy, that's too bad about the disinfectant.  I hope it gets better and not worse.  At least, with the ragweed, I know it will only be in bloom for a month to a month and a half or so.   :hug   With allergies, you can develop them at any age and usually they only get worse as you get older.  All of which you probably know already.   :P

Cindy, I hope that your camping trip is lots of fun.  Enjoy your time with nature.   :manyheart

Marlene, I've been known to do your hubby's trick myself.   :D   Something I have to remember when grocery shopping.

Hope you all have a good day.   :ghug

Hi all,

Back to paradise for me today after a very nice, relaxing couple of days off. Even though the weather didn't cooperate for the entire weekend (very hot/humid/rainy)  DD and Ryan were able to go in the pool on Saturday. On Sunday, I went with DD and the boys to her friend's twins christening ceremony which was held at Rutgers Gardens. It was very hot/humid and we were in log cabin like buildings, with just fans. We stayed about 2 hours, then decided to head home when the boys were getting antsy. Good thing we did since it downpoured on the way home. Yesterday we had rain and then it did clear up later on in the afternoon. DH and I had a nice lazy day! We did go to B&N for a little while and I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Can't believe how fast the time off flew by.

Linda- Glad to hear from you and happy that the warping of the loom is going so much better than you had initially expected. Hope the ragweed allergies calm down a bit for you!

Marlene- Hope the kids had a good first day of school. I chuckled about your DH and pie! I was just telling DD that soon we'll have to plan an apple picking excursion!

Mary- Great news about Zach. Did you have fun with them?

Cindy- You probably won't see this till you get back, but have fun camping!

Marisa, Judy, Val, Sherry, Tammy and everyone- Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week. I'm hoping to finally get to CC tomorrow night. I had heard from one of the gals that they may have it Wed night to make up for Labor Day

Off to get dinner. .....

Linda - good to hear from you.  Sorry about the ragweed--it's not my friend either.  I'm really trying to stay in as much as possible cause I don't want to get sick.  That and perfumes/air fresheners are my worst allergy enemies. 

Marlene - A quiet house--that's what I have too right now.

Judy - glad you got a good size  blanket out of 16 ozs. 

Joanne - sounds like you had a good weekend. 

Mary - glad you got some much needed rain.  We had a "cool" front come in today, wasn't as hot but its still very humid.  Hope things settle down for you soon.

I got two ruffle scarves done yesterday and a small blankie for Missy.  Bought the Texting Gloves book from Leisure Arts (was on sale), so I guess I'll be trying to make some of those for the girls for Christmas.  But I'll HAVE to make a trip to HL for some new yarn.  It calls for sock yarn, hopefully it's not wool.  Will have to do some checking out on the website to see what all they have in that weight.

Well today wasn't too bad for a Monday-Tuesday.  Tomorrow is payday so I'll be busy with that and trying to tell the chairmen of one committee it will take time to correct the QuickBooks.  The lady that set it up did it wrong :( so now I get to go in and clean it up and set it up right.  And of course, they think it can be done with a "snap of the fingers" or they want to help--which I don't want or need.  so hopefully things will go well and I can get that project done and hope they will be satisfied. 

Well, I'd better go and get some rest.  Have a great evening all!!  Hugs to all of you!

Good  Wednesday morning, everyone. :)   Sorry for not keeping up too well lately, but I'm reading posts! 

Judy ~ The homespun went pretty far!  Looking forward to pictures. :yes

Linda ~ So glad to see your posts. :manyheart   It's so neat that you're able to figure out the loom - I can't wait to see what your first project will be!  How is Miss Sweet Pea?

Sherry ~ Yay for fitting some crochet time in!  I haven't been to HL in way too long. ;)  I hope work gets better one of these days...and that all the name changes and Quickbooks get straightened out soon!

Joanne ~ Your long weekend sounds wonderful!  Don't those little guys grow and change way too fast? :c9  I've been thinking about making chicken soup since I read about your DH making it. :)

Marlene ~ Your time with the grandkids always sounds happy!  I imagine you're ready for a little quiet, though. ;)  Is your dad's party this weekend or is this a "get ready" visit? 

Cindy ~ I hope you're having a wonderful time on your camping trip!

Hi to those I've missed. :ghug

Zach is doing well. :c9 DD took him to the Dr. yesterday for a quick check-up.   DH and I had a wonderful time babysitting Monday.  Luke is so good with Zach, but just can't seem to understand why he can't talk yet. :lol 

Have a good morning!

Good morning, everyone.  I'm in hurry scurry mode this morning as it's my long day at work.  Just wanted to say good morning before running off.

Mary ~ I had to laugh at Luke not understanding why Zack can't talk yet.  Watch out when he can!

Sherry ~ Did you think to tell the "helpful" chairman that "too many cooks spoil the soup"?  In this case mess up the program even more.

Joanne ~ I'm sooo glad that you had a restful and relaxing weekend.  Hopefully there won't be too many glitches to clean up as you roll that program into production.  

Step three of getting the warping of the loom done is half done.  I did manage to take a chunk out of the base of my thumb, but it's not too bad and in a spot that doesn't get constantly irritated.  I feel slightly cross-eyed doing it, but that's about the worst of it.  That and that I really used the wrong weight yarn for the warp.  It's overly big and doesn't like to go through the hole.  Otherwise not at all bad.  Will have to find out from my weaving friend what she uses and where she gets it.  I know she orders hers online.

Hope you all have a good day.   :ghug

Linda ~ Ouch!  I hope your thumb is okay. :hug   How many hours are you working now? 

Well, things just keep getting better - not really. :lol   I never should have talked about the a/c(s) and how lucky we've been. The downstairs one quit cooling last evening and the guy just left...he added freon to get us through for a week or so and then will be back to install a new unit.  Oh well, maybe this is the last of not-so-fun things for a while. :rolleyes

Crochet time for me!   I hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Good evening ladies :hi

I was just getting ready to head out and realized that I haven't been in to visit you yet this week! :eek  So, thought I'd do a quick fly by.  Thank you all for your input, now I have to go back to look at 5 again, but I think I went to 2 just because I think my head was the straightest while the rest seemed to be just slightly tilted.

I had a great weekend with a relax day on Sunday :yes  Pitt lost on Monday night :(

Tuesday (yesterday....I feel like it's much later in the week already) I went to a little ride to pick up a weight scale I bought used on ebay since I didn't have one and I'll need to take the measurements for the commercial driver exams.  Then I had some things to get together and had a dinner with other chiro's last night.  Today, well I must admit I spent the better part of the day playing Candy Crush on my mom's account to help her get past her level that she's been on for over a month :lol  She kept complaining about it and let me tell you it totally did not want her to win.  So I kept sending lives from my account to hers and finally I got her passed....she's extremely excited! 

Tonight I plan to read more of the handbook for the physicals, there's a lot of values that I need to know that I don't typically use.  And of course, I'll have reference materials in the office, but the certification exam is not open book.  Which, I'm taking next Wednesday and I'm not telling anyone else in case I don't pass the first time :blush  I could've scheduled it for today, but considering I just got my completion of training course certificate yesterday....I thought that was just too soon and I'm not ready yet.  So, study study study for me!

See y'all tomorrow :hug

Thanks, Mary.  The thumb is really not bad.  Ouch back at you for the a/c dying.

Marisa ~ Good luck on the test.  

Work went well today.  I'm still working 20 hours a week, which is just fine with me.  It gives me spending money and time out with others.

Good morning housemates :hi

Not much to report since last night.  I just headed home, ate dinner, did a little reading and then went to bed.  Although I couldn't sleep and was still up at 2 :eek  Then having my alarm go off at 4:45.....I'm surprised I'm not dozing off at the desk yet, but I think I may try to take a little nap.  I had my super early patient today and don't have the next one until 12:30, but I would like to wash my car in that time :think  We shall see how it plays out.

Hope everyone's having a great Thursday!

good morning ladies!

A cool, beautiful morning here (sorry,Mary :P )

Marisa, good luck with the test...and maybe a nap might be a good idea for you today :yes

Hi, Linda - yup, you were so lucky to find that job. It also gives you some structure to your days.

Here's the RR I made. You can see the shadings of color where I picked up another mill end from the bag. I like it...and it's staying on my chair :D

...and another pic of the furples....post-8552-0-35972300-1378382708_thumb.jpgpost-8552-0-34058600-1378382746_thumb.jpg

Good morning!  I'm up, but not really functional just yet.  Rosie and John are on their way home and should arrive sometime this afternoon or evening.  They're taking it in three days this time so they won't be quite so totally worn out when they get home.  It will be soo good to see them again.  It feels like they've been gone forever.  It's 4 months, but feels longer.

Love the RR, Judy.  And, of course, the furples are lovely too.

Marisa, you truly did have a short night last night.

Today is work for 6 hours followed by prayer shawl group.  This week has been working on the loom, so not much done crochet-wise.

Linda - Sending well wishes for John and Rosie to have a safe trip home, I'm sure they're just as excited to see you and you are to see them.

Well, no nap for me....having some lunch before my 12:30 appt gets here.  Did some online searching and then a  package came and one thing led to another I started reorganizing and straightening....then decided I should wait for the rest of my new stuff to get here :lol:shrug

Good evening!

What a gorgeous day it was today!!! I got home and then went for a nice walk! It felt so good to feel a little bit of fall in the air!

Judy- I love the RR!! Gorgeous color and looks great on the chair. I'm in the midst of making a regular ripple for my SIL--that and knitting two scarves---just not enough hours in the day---that are for me to do what I love to do!

Cute pic of your furples!

Marisa- Hopefully you get a good night's rest tonight! Good luck with the studying and with the exam- I just know you'll ace it!

Linda- Sounds like you are having fun with the loom!! Hope you had a good day at work and then fun at your prayer shawl group!

Cindy- Thinking of you camping- hope you had a blast. I think you said you were coming home today--but I can't remember for sure.

Sherry- Hope things are beginning to settle down somewhat at work. They are for me, although I'm still very busy since I'm now the administrator of this new system. Lots of little 'bugs' and glitches- but nothing major thank goodness. Looking forward to the weekend- and I'm babysitting on Saturday for the boys. Its' supposed to be a gorgeous day again so I'm planning on walking with them and going to a nearby park close to DD's house. I usually always watch them there since all their stuff is there and it makes it sooo much easier!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to go eat now, settle in with my crochet and watch a little Yankees/Red Sox...and then tune into the first football game of the season. !

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you had a nice time camping. It's certainly been good weather for it.

Linda, Can't wait to see your first project. Glad your thumb didn't have to bad of an owie. I hope Rosie and John had safe travels home. I hope John's health has improved a lot.

Mary, Bummer you need a new ac unit. This saturday is are celebration of my Dad's birthday.

Judy, I love the RR to. Great colors. Nice pic of the furbabies.

Joanne, It sounds like you had a great long weekend. Enjoy your babysitting with R&R saturday.

Sherry, I hope your on the end of settling things with the name changes. Tell everyone that wants to help you fix the books. To many chiefs and not enough indians.

Marisa, Hope you get a good night sleep tonight. I sure you'll do great on the test.

Hubby and DS had a visitor while I was gone. A black and white striped animal called a skunk.  It came from around the neighbors house and hubby threw a rock and hit it in the head and it sprayed at him. He was lucky he didn't get sprayed. I'm glad I wasn't home. That makes me wonder about them being out in the day time. I'm going to look skunks up and see what I can find out about it.

I had a nice time with my sister, but it will be nice sleeping in my own bed. I weed wacked more than I ever had and my arms a little sore. She mows probably 2 1/2 of her 4 acres so there was a lot of wacking to do. But were ready.

The grandkids all had good first days at school. I've talked to Maya every day. 

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a great friday!

Marlene - I was just thinking that today about too many chiefs and not enough Indians - had another conversation about the same thing.  I keep reminding them it's going to take time to fix all the problems. :(   Glad DH didn't get sprayed--it's an awful smell. 

Marisa - hope things are going well for you.

Judy - love the RR and the furbabies.

Joanne - hope you enjoy your weekend!  We will have both boys all weekend--DD wants a break or she's got a lot of homework, not sure which but we're so glad they will be here.  We'll be busy as littlest GS will get his bday present from youngest DD.  It's a battery powered jeep that he can ride around on in the yard.  He'll be soooooo excited to get it.  Now to get a battery for oldest GS car so he can ride in his again.

Well, the ragweed is horrible here--so much rain made them grow really big--so everyone is suffering that's allergic.  It's at the Extremely High level on the allergy charts. 

Well, I have a question--the texting mitts pattern I got calls for 1 weight sock yarn--it's all got wool in it (or at least all I've found does); a couple of brands have some 2 weight sock yarn that has no wool.  If I use 2 weight, should I use a smaller hook?  Never had made any gloves/mittens before, so I'm not sure how it would work.  Any ideas?

Have a great evening.  I'm off to take some Benadryl and hopefully will get some sleep tonight.  Have a great evening all!!

Archived