Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

Yep, had my early patient today already :clap  So, looks like I fell off the wagon again not being here since Friday (or something like that :think)  Anyways, I spent Monday and Tuesday here studying and watching through all 6 modules for my course again (12 hours in 2 days :eek )  I went for the test yesterday morning and PASSED!!! :yay:woo  Not with flying colors, but there were several questions with specific medications that I didn't know....I just reviewed the med classes :shrug  I should be getting a shipment in today and then I just ordered the exam forms and driver certificates yesterday, not sure how long that will take.  And then I do need to order a screening spirometer to test for lung function, which doesn't need to be done on everyone, but does need to be done in smokers over the age of 35 and dealing with commercial drivers.....I assume it will be a fairly large percentage :think  Then I'll need to get a screening audiometer as well, but don't NEED that right now since I can always refer out for it to be done and not everyone needs that either....only if they don't hear me with a 'forced whisper' from 5 feet behind them, which I don't think will be quite so often :xfin  Other than that....I'm good to go!  Now to market that I do them. 

Then I spent the day yesterday running errands, came here for about 2 hours and then headed out to a friend's house for an evening of crocheting (insert calming/serene smiley here).  I do have some errands to run today as well with the bank being at the top of the list.  My bills are cutting it close this month, but that's because I just switched clearinghouses and am still getting everything in order with them.....so yep, a phone call to them today is on the menu.  Aside from that, not much else going on for now :think

Oh, do any of you ladies know where I can find a shoulder strap padding piece?  We've been looking for a new lunch bag for Bean for quite a while....just couldn't find the size and shape he likes that holds his lunch, snacks, and his water/coffee thermos'.  So Steph finally found one that fit the bill, but it doesn't have a shoulder strap, which he prefers but was not a deal breaker considering how long we've been looking.  So as you've guessed....I've been elected to add a shoulder strap to the bag.  I picked up the hooks and strap yesterday at JoAnn's but thought it would be great to add one of those pads onto the strap as well.....any ideas?  I thought about making one, but I'm not confident about that idea.

Hi, peeps!

Marisa, congrats on passing the test! I knew you would! :clap  :clap

About the padded piece....have you thought of looking at car accesory places for something like a pad for seat belt straps.

Hi, Linda! My best to Rosie....thinking of her....

Sherry, Cindy and all my outside the home workers - have a good day.

Yesterday at work one of the ladies commented on how nice my manicure was and wondered where I got it done.  I did it myself!   :D   Boy, did that ever give me a warm fuzzy.  I did it watching TV the night before.  It's usually pretty obvious it's not a professional job.

Marisa, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   :clap    :clap    :clap   I knew you could do it.  That is wonderful.  I'm so proud of you.

I work again today and have prayer shawl afterwards.  The brother of one of my friends there died on Sunday.  He's also the uncle of another of the ladies.  I'm not sure if they will be there tonight or not as the service is on Friday or Saturday.  But I got them each a pashmina scarf at work yesterday.  Still have to wrap them and put cards with them.  They are dear friends and the mom is not doing too well dealing with it.  She's spread too thin right now.  She's the one taking care of her 97 (?) year old father with Alzheimer's disease.  He's getting worse and worse.

Wishing you all a great day.  

Thanks Judy, I'll have to check those out....I think I briefly thought about it, but just as quickly forgot about it :shrug

Linda - I hope Rosie's knee is alight :hug  The pashmina scarves are a wonderful idea, prayers for your friends!  On a better note....WTG on your manicure :yay

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Adorable picture of the boys.

Judy, Are summer is leaving and most folks here in Michigan will have there furnace on. We could get frost in some areas. It doesn't even sound good.

Sherry, Glad your having it a little better at work. Hopefully it continues to improve. Have a fun time with the GS this weekend.

Marisa, Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Good luck with the padding.

Linda, I hope Rosie's knee isn't as bad as it looks. Now the fun begins and you get to start making things. Sorry for your friends loss. The scarves will be lovely gifts to them.

Cindy, Get out the blankets it's going to be cold this weekend. Hope you start sleeping better soon.

My sister surgery went well. She is home and resting. She told me in the hospital she was going to try and quit smoking. The first thing she did today was smoke a cigarette. I laughed. She said the ride home was rough.

My niece's husband (Mark), his brother Matt wife and daughter was in a really bad car accident yesterday. Matt lost his 4 year old daughter. His wife is still in the hospital. The other people in the other car are okay. The saddest thing about the whole thing is that little girl might not of died if her mother would listen to all the people who tell her to fasten those kids in seat belts. I bet she is hearing every voice telling her to do that. My niece went with Matt to make the arrangements. Which was really hard on her as the anniversary of her sons death is just a few weeks away. He was a baby when he died. He was born with a muscle disease that effected all of his muscles and he lived for 38 days. Matt and his wife have 5 other children. If you would keep them in your thoughts and prayers they need all they can get. Thanks!

Marlene - glad your sister's surgery went well.  So sorry to hear of the loss.  It's so hard to lose a child.  Will be saying prayers for them all.

Marisa - congrats!!!! 

Joanne - hope things are going well for you this week.

Mary - hope things are cooling off for you.  It's supposed to be much cooler (well, high 80s and low 90s) here for the next few days.  We got some much needed rain today (the fair started, so of course it rained LOL). 

Linda - Your friends will appreciate your thinking of them during this time.

Well, It's been a very, very long day :(  Had the meeting tonight but it was only 45 minutes long but could have been much longer.  Will have the GS tomorrow night and some on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that.  Wish I had tomorrow off--I could so use a day to just rest. 

Hope you all have a great evening!  Hugs to all.

'Morning, all.

Marlene ~ Such a tragic accident...I can't imagine losing a child. :(   Keeping your family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Sherry ~ Yay for getting some rain.  We are high and dry and sure hope it cools off a little here, too!

Marisa ~ Congratulatons on passing the exam. :clap

It seems like I'm always leaving and never catching up very well.  Off to babysit again and then get my hair cut on the way home.  Someone else from DH's office is coming today, so it's fine with me if I'm not here. :yes  Thank you all for the sweet comments (and 'likes') about Luke and Zach. :manyheart  

Good morning. It's gloomy here today and cold, after we had record highs earlier this week. I have grocery shopping and housework to do today.

Marlene, how very sad to lose a child. Thoughts and prayers going out for that family. I'm glad to hear your sisters surgery went so well. Too bad her quitting smoking isn't going as well.

Mary, have fun with the boys.

Linda, the pashminas are a wonderful idea for a gift. Glad the weaving is going so well for you.

Marisa, WTG on passing the exam. I know you worked very hard for it. I think Judy's idea of an automotive store for the shoulder pad is a good one, but I don't think it would be too hard to make one either. Another idea would be to see if you could find a lunch bag at a thrift store and just remove the padded piece from it. Many of them are just threaded on the shoulder strap through two big "buttonholes".

Sherry, good to hear that work has been slightly less stressful this week.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm waiting for a new patient to get here so figured I'd get a quick check in!  I had a few patients this morning already :clap  I have to run errands for Steph this afternoon then and my new patient is running late :sigh

Well, she's here now....just gave her the paperwork!

Thanks for the ideas ladies....I will check it out during my travels today :yes

I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday :hug

Marlene - Glad to hear your sister is doing well after her surgery!

Woke up late after not sleeping well last night.  4 hours of leg and foot cramps.  Finally got up and read until they finally let up.  I bought some bananas today and have already had one.  

The SASSE (Socially Active Senior Single Episcopalians) at my church had our monthly luncheon today at a Greek restaurant that is new in the area.  It was good, but not my first choice.  I had a gyro pita with a side salad and brought half of it home for another meal.  Not my idea of a Greek salad, but not a bad salad.  I've got another Greek & Italian restaurant nearby that I like much better.  Still it was a good time.  There were 8 of us and we all had a good visit while eating.  I'm one of the youngest gals, but not by much.

Marlene ~ I'm so glad sister's surgery went well.  How sad to lose a 4 year old and for such a stupid reason.  I'll bet the guilt will haunt them forever.  Hope the wife pulls through okay.

Sherry ~ Enjoy your weekend with the GSs.

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I've been scarce--I ended up with a doozy of a cold- I would come home from work and then eat and go to sleep. Yesterday, I went to work, called the Dr- and was able to get an appointment. I was started on antibiotics- had the start of a sinus and ear infection.  Already feeling better- which is a good thing since this is my vacation week!!!

Going to rest and relax today- it's gorgeous outside so will probably sit out on the deck with a book and read for a while. We're closing the pool today- so it's official- another summer is 'in the books'. I'm loving the cool fall weather we have today!  Perfect!

On that note, I'm going to go grab a cup of coffee and my nook and go sit outside for a while. I'll try and catch up with all the 'comings and goings' later on.

Back again. It's cold here, 44 degrees in the sun. However it's a gorgeous day. Dh and I will be either going for a walk, or bike riding this afternoon. We are going to DD's for dinner tonight.

I did not get to any housework yesterday. I ended up going to the zoo with both DD's and my five grandsons. It was a great day for the zoo. It was cool so the animals were very active. We watched them feed the chimps and work with the bears. Working with the bears is really just getting them used to following some commands, and being touched (through the fence), so that they can be moved if necessary. The keeper said that sometimes a medical condition can be checked just by observation, if the bears can be trained to stay at the fence and made to move in certain ways. The keeper and bears are always separated by a very tall fence. They have a female brown bear, and she was really into the training. The male grizzly, however was having a lazy day. When she called him, he just looked at her, and then laid down and rolled over onto his back with all four legs in the air. Not even the promise of treats made him move. It reminded me of a two year old.

They also told us that chimps have pretty good memories, and recognize people, particularly their keeper. They have several chimps that they got from a zoo in Ohio. These chimps have been here for four years. This past spring their Ohio keepers visited and those chimps immediately recognized them. I also found it interesting that the zoo staff can immediately recognize which animal is which. They all looked pretty much the same to me, but the keeper said that they have very distinct faces and personalities.

Joanne, I'm so sorry you are sick. Since next week is vacation, maybe you can make this a free weekend for once, and give your body time to recover. Hope you feel much better soon.

Linda, sure hope you slept better last night.

Well, I suppose this is enough of the procrastination...better start on my chores. Although......sitting on the deck and reading sounds better. Probably a good thing that its a little cool for that yet.

I've got the next three days off and I intend to relax as much as possible.  It started out slow today and got progressively busier as the day went on, so I've been on my feet a lot.  

Glad you got in to the doctor today, Joanne, and got on the antibiotics quickly.  Should make for a much nicer week off.  Hope you enjoy yourself tremendously.

Good Sunday morning, House. :)  I woke up at 3:30 and have been cleaning the kitchen cabinets. :lol

Joanne ~ Oh, I hope the cold is about gone now. :hug   Enjoy your vacation!  Do you have any special plans?

Cindy ~ Your day at the zoo sounds great!  44 degrees sounds heavenly.  If it ever cools off, DD and I plan to take the boys.  Another new baby elephant has arrived and it will be fun to see her!

Linda ~ Yay for 3 days off!  What are you working on now? 

Marisa ~ Did you get the strap thing figured out?  I know they sell similar things at "sports and outdoor" stores.

Hi to Marlene and the rest of the House, too!

Today is desk day for me.  With DH's working from home, it's hard for both of us to be in the office at the same time. ;)

Good morning ladies.

Mary, I am sometimes awake at 3:30, but it has NEVER occurred to me to clean kitchen cabinets at that time! :)

No big plans here today. I haven't gotten up yet, but it doesn't feel as cold as yesterday. I hope it warms up a bit yet. I have a lot of green tomatoes and half grown peppers in the garden still.

My head wouldn't turn off last night so finally got to bed about 6:30 and then only slept 'til noon, so I'm rather out of it today.  Just relaxing.  Oh, well.  I did finish up a quilt pattern today.  May play around with it some more.  It's a symmetrical pattern that could go several different ways, depending on where I put the various colors.  Three shades of mottled orange and three shades of mottled green with mottled brown as the dividers between the other colors.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Sure hope your feeling better so you can enjoy your vacation.

Cindy, It sounds like a fun time at the zoo. We still have green tomatoes so I hope it warms up enough for them to ripen.

Mary, Sometimes I wake up at 3:30 to but I don't clean my cupboards out. I might start laundry though.

Linda, Enjoy your 3 days off.

Sherry, How your work keeps being less stressful from here on out.

Hi to all the other ladies to.

I picked Payton and Jocelyn up Friday. Saturday afternoon I took them to the park. There was a group of 6 kids there with potty mouths, so we left and went to a different park. Today the got to watch there dad ref soccer. He called and told us it was live and where to get it at. I like soccer so it was pretty neat watching a live game.

Today, hubby, Maya and her Mom don't feel good. Hope they all feel better tomorrow. Catch you all tomorrow.

Hi all - just a quick hello.  Had a busy weekend, both GS were here and we played most of the weekend!  They are learning to ride their bikes without training wheels--I'm not helping with that because of the knee.

Hope all are had a good weekend!  Hope your week goes well.  I'm just praying for 1 (yes, one) normal day!!

Hugs to all.

Good morning,

Yesterday was our anniversary- and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! Just like it was 12 years ago!! We decided to head to New Hope, PA and then to Peddler's Village. It was such a lovely day to be out and walking around. We had a lovely lunch on an outdoor deck and simply had a nice, relaxing day.  Once we got home we turned on the Giants game- so other than them losing, it was a perfect day! Robbie turned 6 mos old already yesterday as well.

I've still got congestion- I thought by now it would be gone, especially being on the antibiotic. At least no ear/sinus pain, just the congestion. Today, it is supposed to rain and it is quite overcast out now, so I think today will be my stay inside, rest and be lazy day. I do have to run to the grocery store since that didn't get done over the weekend so I think that's what I'll do now before the rain comes.

Have a good day!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

I haven't actually worked on the shoulder strap yet, so nothing to report there....I probably won't deal with it until after I come back from my parents, which I'm heading out there Friday to Monday.  Bean is currently layed off so is not using the bag yet anyways.  We had a great weekend.  The game on Saturday afternoon, which we won! Then in the evening I went out for a friend's surprise 40th birthday party :yay  Yesterday was spent relaxing and I didn't even leave the house.  I worked on the baby ghan, pruned the plants in the garden, and made lasagna soup :drool I saw the recipe in the current Food Network magazine and figured we probably had everything, well....close anyways but I did improvise a bit.  Did some errands earlier today and received my order for the exam forms and driver certificates AND I'm now listed on the NRCME's registry website!!!! :woo

Linda - I hope your feeling better and got caught up on your sleep!

Cindy - Thanks for the tutorial link...I will definitely use it I think :hug  Glad to hear you had fun at the zoo.

Joanne - Happy belated anniversary.  I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully that congestion will be kicked out in no time as well.

Mary - Thanks for the idea about the sports store....I'll give it a go.

Marlene - That's a bummer when some 'older' kids ruin nice places for the younger ones by acting up.  I hope Maya and mom are feeling better!

Sherry - How are the kids doing without the training wheels!?  That's a big accomplishment :clap

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Hope you can get rid of the congestion soon. Happy belated anniversary!

Sherry, Payton learned this summer to ride without the training wheels, but the girls haven't accomplished it yet.

Marisa, Have a nice time at your parents this weekend.

It was laundry day here and tomorrow will be to. I needed to go to the store and daisy wanted to go along. She did well for the short trip, she only drooled. I covered the tomatoes up tonight, it's suppose to be 34 tonight. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Archived