Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning all.  I did finally start in on the rearranging of one end of the living room/craft room.  I got the big, heavy chair in one corner moved to the bedroom for the moment.  (Can't decide if I'm going to have it recovered or pitch it.)  It's a lazy boy and the frame is perfect, but the padding is shot on the seat and arms.  Decisions, decisions.   :think   With it out of there, I can rearrange things so that there is room for the loom to have a spot other than in the middle of the room and a place for the shelving unit that Marisol gave me.  Also a better place for the sewing machine.   :yes

It's a gray day here with light rain.  We can use the rain.  I just hope it isn't the start of more rain every day for weeks on end.

Joanne, I'm so glad that you listened to your body and are getting more rest.  You had such a long haul with this project.   :hug

Judy, congratulations on your commissions.   :clap

Cindy, you are so right about real estate pictures not always being accurate.  They can show what they want and at the best angles.  Hoping that isn't the case for your son.    :xfin

Marlene, you are right not to "give it away."  Surely housing and property will rebound eventually.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne ~ Today sounds like so much fun!  Good for you for spending your week off relaxing and getting some much needed rest. :yes   Sorry :blush - I've forgotten what pattern you are using for Sil's afghan?  I'm still working on hexagons, and started a scarf as a take-a-long project for DH's appointments this week. :)

Judy ~ Congratulations on the commissions! :cheer   WTG on getting the refund - it's so frustrating when the knots keep showing up. 

Linda ~ I just know you'll figure out how to make the move to Iowa! :yes   Good luck with rearranging your craft area...and don't overdo! :manyheart

Cindy ~ How exciting for both your DS and DD!  I hope everything goes smoothly with your DS's home inspection.  Yes!  We had lots of rain and today is the coolest it's been since last April - about 75 and gorgeous.  It won't stay this cool, but we'll take it for now!

DH and I celebrated Cheeseburger Day a few days late. :lol   Then we ran errands and now I'm ready for crochet time!  I hope you're all having a good day. :ghug

I alternated between reading and crocheting on a blue prayer shawl while in between customers at work today.  I also started my Christmas shopping.  I was able to get gifts for all three sisters-in-law, my son and daughter-in-law, and one of my brothers at the store.  I realized I had better get started, as pretty much everything has to be mailed which cuts off almost a month of the time between now and then.  I want to spread the expense out over several months, too.

The light misty rain of the morning got progressively heavier throughout the day and it poured down for almost an hour about 3:30 or so.  Thankfully, it had quit by the time it was time to come home.  That let me stop at the grocery store and do some stocking up, mostly on dairy products.

Have a good night!   :manyheart

Good morning

Linda- Wow- you sure did a good start on Christmas shopping! I can't even believe it's time to start thinking about Christmas already.

Cindy-Did the condo you and DD look at live up to the pictures online?

We had a fun day baking- and the hot apple crisp with vanilla ice-cream was a delicious treat!! We took a nice long walk yesterday with the boys which was nice. Ryan is talking up a storm now- and he was singing 'happy birthday to daddy"- And my SIL wasn't even home! :lol Guess we'll be hearing that song alot today!! :yes  It's so exciting to see little ones develop- it's so different being a grandma- you really appreciate all the milestones- and get to have all the fun!

Going to enjoy every second of my last day of vacation so on that note, I'm off to pour coffee and make a nice breakfast!

Have a good day--and Go Giants! Please win your game today!

Hi, all.  I slept late again today.  It's mostly cloudy, but not raining outside.  I plan on working some more on my rearranging.  And, hopefully, will get in some crocheting later, too.

Your baking sounds so good, Joanne.  I can almost smell it from here.   ;)

Good morning everyone. Another chilly gloomy day here. Surprisingly, I am kind of enjoying this fall like weather, despite the cold.

I ended up not going with dd to look at the condo. Dh went instead. Dd liked it a lot and put in an offer on it. However, there were multiple offers, so it's hard to say what will happen. The realtor called last night to say that the current owners were looking for flexibility in the timing of closing and possession, which works for dd since she is living with us. Hopefully that will make her offer, which was higher than the asking price, more attractive.

Linda, WTG on all the Christmas shopping. I'd start now too, if only I knew what to buy!

Dh and I are heading out for a walk in a bit. It's cool enough for a brisk walk to be enjoyable.

I ran some errands this afternoon and took myself out to lunch.  Then I am slowly working on the craft room.  I cleared out a box of yarn and found some that I had forgotten about and then in the bottom I found the afghan that all of you made for me a while ago; when I was low and things were pretty bad.  I felt so surrounded by all your love yet again.  So, thank you again.  It's gorgeous, and the love crocheted into it touched me all over again.   :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Congratulations on your commissions.

Joanne, It's sounds like you've had such a great and relaxing vacation. And your baking sounds delicious. Sorry paradise is only a few hours away. You have some awesome times coming with Ryan talking. The things they will say.

Linda, Good for you arranging your craft room around. Are you getting the rain from the hurricane? I haven't watched the weather channel in days. Glad you found your blanket and can still feel are love and hugs. Way to go starting your Christmas shopping already.

Cindy, Congratulations on DS becoming a home owner. Best of luck to DD on the condo. The weather has been really nice.

Mary, Have you decided how many more hexagons you have to make? I did 2 rows on Zach's blanket while we were at the VA. I need to make DD a ruffle scarf. She's an MSU (Michigan State fan) and there colors are green and white and Premier Yarns makes Starbella Stripes in green and white. I picked it up on sale today. I should do it this week so I can give it to her next weekend.

Sherry, I hope your having a good weekend and were able to see the GS.

We had a great time with Maya and her parents. We really enjoyed watching her cheerleading. She really enjoys it. Since I have an Iphone I video a bunch of them. She and I played connect 4 and candy land a bunch of times. Today we went grocery shopping. I take the back roads to there house and home. There is a little bit of color but when it has all changed it will be a pretty drive. Hope everyone has a great monday!

Quick stop in to wish you all a Happy Monday--back to paradise for me today :-(

We had a lovely day yesterday and my middle DD even surprised us all and came down to celebrate SIL's birthday too! It was great to see her!!! Unfortunately the Giants lost (again) and are now 0-3---not boding well at all ......But despite the loss, we all had a wonderful afternoon!!! And Ryan thoroughly enjoyed singing Happy Birthday and helping his Daddy blow out the candles.

Off I go.....Have a good one!

Good morning. It's a work day for me, but I got the first four hours off, so I won't have to go in until 11 at the earliest. It's still dark, but it's quite chilly at the moment.

Linda, WTG on all the organizing. Glad the afghan still brings you pleasure.

Joanne, I sure hope work settles down now. I'm glad you were able to have a fun relaxing week off,

Marlene, I went for a walk around the lake yesterday at the Fred Meijer Nature Preserve, and the trees are beginning to show some color there. It ought to be really beautiful in a few weeks.

Marisa, sure hope you are enjoying your time with your parents and friend.

Mary, Judy, Sherry, Val, and everyone else, hope your Monday is wonderful.

Hi House. :hi   We've had a beautiful weekend weather-wise and even had windows open!

Our brother-in-law passed away Saturday evening.  He held out longer than the doctors thought, but said he was planning his last game of golf. :)   The visitation is this evening and the service is tomorrow afternoon, so we will be going to those.  He will be missed by all.  We have two guests for a couple of days, so I may not be at Our House too much.

Marlene ~ I decided to start joining the hexagons to see how it goes...then will decide what squares are still needed. :yes   Using up stash has been a lot of fun!

Have a good Monday, everyone! :manyheart   I'll check in when I can. :)

Hi House. :hi   We've had a beautiful weekend weather-wise and even had windows open!

Our brother-in-law passed away Saturday evening.  He held out longer than the doctors thought, but said he was planning his last game of golf. :)   The visitation is this evening and the service is tomorrow afternoon, so we will be going to those.  He will be missed by all.  We have two guests for a couple of days, so I may not be at Our House too much.

Hugs to you, hon :hug

Marlene ~ I decided to start joining the hexagons to see how it goes...then will decide what squares are still needed. :yes   Using up stash has been a lot of fun!

Have a good Monday, everyone! :manyheart   I'll check in when I can. :)

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hugs to you and your family, Mary.   :hug

Took myself out to lunch after going to the bank.  Now to get busy on the crib quilt.  I'm pleased with the organizing I've done and think I'll continue with some more in the near future.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.  Catch you all later.   :manyheart

Mary sorry for your loss.

Joanne sorry its back to work for you. We went to the state fair saturday with both DD and both GS. Had a great time but i got sunburned :(

Read a lot but i am on my nook so its hard to remember everyones posts

Work is still stressful and now we get to add the end of year meetings and reports, hope i can survive everything.

Did start on gs afghan he wanted red white and blue granny squares so will be doing that plus little gs wants one too. I will bd busy doing grannys for a long time little gs wants blue yellow and white

Have a great evening all,

Hugs to all

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Sherry, Maybe next year will be better.

Joanne and Cindy, Hope you both had a nice day at work.

We went up to see Gordy and Mary tonight. She fell today and hit her head. They called 911 and they came and checked her over. I told her to let her doctor know she has fallen. Last week when we were there for a visit they said her legs were giving her problems, feeling weak again like they did before she started falling before the surgery. Her daughter is coming for a visit tomorrow. She don't live that far away but she babysits the grandbaby so she is busy. 

It was a cool day here so we had chili for supper. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good morning,

Mary- :hug Sorry for your loss! I think you asked what pattern I was doing for my sil's blanket- I'm making a regular ripple- except you go into the back loop only- which is making for some nice texture. I went to craft club last night and made some more good progress on it. Hoping to get it done this weekend!

Marlene- Chilly here this morning too Chili sounds perfect for fall weather! Hope that Mary will be ok.

Cindy- Hope your day at work went well. I left on time and was able to eat dinner and then head out to craft club. It was wonderful!

Time to get ready for work- Have a good day everyone :ghug

Good Morning, everyone. :) 

Thank you all for the hugs and condolences. :manyheart   We will leave again about 11:30 - lunch with our nephew and his wife and the service is at 2.  Hopefully, I can catch up more this evening!  Have a good Tuesday.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, of course I just breezed through the posts and didn't take notes, so probably missed some things.  We had a great weekend.  We got to the fair early and were done by the afternoon and we missed the rain!  :clap  Sunday was a relaxing day and we went to the movies to see Grown Ups 2, which was funny!  I did finish the baby ghan to leave with my mom, it was 3 shades of blue and white in an octagon pattern (I can't remember who asked).  I did snap a pic with my phone, but need to transfer it to share here.  I also have the other baby ghan still in the works, which needs to get finished quickly as well.  I'm having a little crochet gathering with a couple of girls tonight that I met through KtB.

Steph and Bean are going to London on Thursday, the Steelers play there this Sunday and then they'll be going to Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest.  One of my sisters employees just had a family catastrophe, so prayers for her family would be greatly appreciated.  Her sister's husband beat her in the head with an aluminum baseball bat!!!  There was a lot of blood with a bashed in skull, but she is currently considered stable; however, they'll have to wait for any prognosis until they can get all the inflammation under control.  It also seems as though he drugged their kids prior to doing this :eek  I just don't understand why people can't just walk away from a relationship when it's not working for them!

The giant rubber duck making its way around should be here on Friday :lol  Guess I'll have to go pay him a visit.

Mary - I'm sorry for your loss :hug

I'll try to check back later on before I leave.

Hi, gang!  I'm a little under the weather today.  Not sure why.  Nothing serious, just feel punk.

I took my car to the shop this afternoon.  Had the oil changed.  I also need two new tires, fluids all swapped out, etc. to the tune of around $800.  I'll have to get it done a bit at a time.  They're going to work with me.  Sigh!  It never rains but what it pours, it seems.

Sherri, thinking of you.

Marisa, my heart goes out to that woman and her kids.  Why are so many men like that?  I just don't understand such uncontrolled rage.  Beating another person senseless isn't the way to prove yourself better, smarter, stronger, or whatever to others.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, How awful for the lady and her family. Prayers for all of them.

Linda, Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you. Be careful of those auto places. They like to take advantage of women when they think they don't know anything about cars. Don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion. Check your phone book for coupons for the fluid changes. Also we get a little catalog from surrounding areas and they coupons for different car things. Do you get any thing like that? You could look online to at car dealers with winter coming some them run specials on changing your fluids.

Daisy is in heat. This will be her first and last time. Were getting her fixed on the 4th. Glad we don't have any males near us. Hubby is packing his clothes for Texas. We don't leave until after Christmas, but he always packs early. Not much going on around here.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Hi, ladies!

Linda, I agree with Marlene....get another opinion on your car! ...and I know what you mean by just feeling punk :hug

Marisa, I hope the cops put the handcuffs on that cretin.....VERY. TIGHT. :angry  Cops dtest "men" like that....to a point you would not believe. Prayers for her and the poor kids....

Cold toes weather here this morning....I love it :)

Am testing a pumpkin baby beanie pattern....will share pic soon :D

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Cute pumpkin hat!

Hubby and another couple went golfing and I rode along with her. It was a fun time. I use to golf a little bit, but it never was my favorite thing or something I would call someone and ask if they wanted to go golfing. But since the neck issue I wouldn't even think of it.

I never received the neck traction unit and was finally able to contact to the lady who I faxed the prescription to and she said she never received it. So I faxed it again. If it isn't here by Monday I will call again. She said I will have it in a few days. I hope so I could of used it this morning.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

I've got a long history with this company with my cars and trust them not to steer me wrong.  They'll work with me as I get things done a bit at a time.

Work was slow today, but there were quite a few people in looking for the unusual thing for Christmas and weddings.  I think at least some of them will be back.

I have the nine-patch squares all pinned together and just one more seam to have them ready to go in the crib quilt.  Then I'll have to cut the large squares.  Then it's sewing the rows together and the then the rows to each other.  It should go together pretty fast since the nine-patch squares take the most time and they're almost done.  :D

Archived