Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Tuesday morning, all. :)

Joanne ~ A belated Happy Anniversary from me, too. ♥  Your Sunday sounds like a beautiful day!

Sherry ~ I hope your work week is going well.  Busy weekend with the boys!  I hope you've had some rain - we may get some this week. (fingers crossed!)

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope your DH, Maya and her mom are all better now. :hug  I'm glad Daisy did okay in the car. :yes 

Linda ~ Yay for designing another quilt pattern!  Good for you for taking it easy on your days off.  Has Rosie been to the doctor about her knee yet?

Hi Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds great!  Lasagna soup sounds yummy - I may google it and see if I can find it. :)

Judy, Valerie and the rest of the House - HI!

DH has an appt. this a.m. and I desperately need to get my hair cut.  That's the plan for the day so far...hopefully there will be some crochet time, too. :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,

Mary- Here's hoping you get a little 'hook' time in today-and that all goes well with DH's appt. The pic you had posted a few days ago of Luke and Zach is adorable, by the way!

I finally got to craft club last night! It was great to go and see everyone. Phyllis had a bunch of squares she made and they were in  such pretty colors- all muted- blue, pink, dusty purple, gray,yellow and all  with white in them. I was working on my son-in-law's afghan- and his birthday is Sunday- I doubt it will be done in time, but I'm making good progress on it.

Today I'm planning on going through my closet and weeding out some clothes. It's time to change to the fall wardrobe and if there are clothes I haven't worn this summer, they will get packed up and donated. I'm not going to pack them up for next summer. There's probably a reason I haven't worn them so off they go.

There's quite a chill in the air this morning, and I love it.  It's nice to open the windows and gt the fresh air in--and the germs out!! LOL

Hope you all have a good day!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not too much going on here today.  I have a couple patients today and met with another local chiro to discuss vitamin companies :lol  Now am getting more paperwork done...it never ends :shrug

I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday :hug

Hi, all!  I've been taking it easy.  Reading books, working up another quilt pattern, watching TV, and running a few errands.  Went over to Rosie and John's yesterday.  We watched the movie, "Now You See Me."  It was great.  It's one of those where no matter how many times you watch it, you still something new each time.  Rosie saw and orthopedist last week.  He gave her a shot of cortisone in the knee which is helping.  He thinks it's a torn meniscus, so probably orthoscopic surgery in the not-too-distant future to fix it.

Hi everyone. I had a relatively quiet day at work today. I ran a few errands after work, and did some housework after dinner, so it turned into a pretty busy day. I'm off for the next two days. Hopefully this cleaning bug will last for another day or two! I have been neglecting the house, it looks clean, but I haven't done any deep cleaning in a long time, except for kitchen cabinets. Maybe I'll do fall cleaning to make up for the spring cleaning that I didn't do!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope things went well for DH at the doctors today. Hope you were able to get your haircut and some crocheting done to. Everyone was is feeling better now.

Joanne, I bet the ladies were surprised to see you at craft night.

Linda, Glad Rosie got a temporary fix for her knee. Your quite the talented lady being able to design your own quilts. :clap

Marisa, Glad your business is still growing and it keeps you busy enough to have paper work to do :clap .

Hi to Judy, Cindy, Val, Sherry and Tam!

I have a busy day tomorrow. The little girl who died last week her funeral is tomorrow and there having the luncheon at my niece's. I will be there all day with my sister, and two other ladies. We will be watching 4 little ones all under 3 and do what ever has to be done for the luncheon. My niece was suppose to have help from the sister in law but she was a no show, so my sister went to help her tonight so she is spending the night there. So I will just go earlier than planned on. Thursday I'm babysitting my great niece at my sisters. I may not check tomorrow night. Have a good Wednesday and Thursday!

Hi all!  Looks like everyone's been busy this week. 

Mary - we got more rain yesterday and today, and possibly more tomorrow.  The state fair's going on and it always rains during the fair LOL. 

Joanne- hope you're feeling better now. 

Marisa - glad your business is growing!  The oldest GS can ride his bike with no training wheels but needs to learn to slow down some until he learns how to control the bike.  Littlest one can do it but when he knows no one is holding on, he freaks out and tries to jump off the bike.  It just takes time. 

Marlene - hope things go well for you tomorrow.  So sad.

Cindy - glad your work was quiet today.  Enjoy your time off.

Well, so far no "normal" day has happened and probably won't this week :(   It's been busy and the name change for the day care has been a mess--they tell us one thing, and then change it and we have to do more work :(   Plus a lot of other stress is going on as well.  Maybe someday it will settle down.

My oldest GS requested an afghan for Christmas, and then little one said he wanted a new one too.  Oldest wants granny squares of red, blue and white (white will be the border), littlest one wants blue.  So I guess a trip to HL is in store (and ILTY is on sale this week).  I'm hoping to go Friday night so I can get started on it.  At least the granny square one can be taken to work so I can do some in the mornings before work.  Plus I need to get some sock yarn for the texting gloves.  I'm really wanting to try the patterns I got for those.

Well, it's late and I'm tired, so good night all!!  Have pleasant dreams and restful sleep!!  Hugs to all!!

Hi House. :waving

Marlene ~ Your week sounds very busy!  Sending prayers for your friends and family as you attend the little one's funeral. :hug

Hi Judy!  Yes, we always want to know you're okay. :manyheart

Sherry ~ It's so neat that your grandsons requested afghans. :)  Looking forward to seeing the progress!  No rain here yet, but they're saying a good chance tomorrow and Friday.

Cindy ~ Like you, I missed Spring cleaning completely and Fall isn't looking much better. :lol   Don't overdo and enjoy your days off!

Linda ~ You are so talented!  When I was quilting, I always needed help with colors, fabrics, etc...but you sure have the eye for those things and design, too. :yes

Joanne ~ Your weather sounds sooo nice!  I'm seriously cleaning out clothes, too.  DH is another story, though. ;)

Marisa ~ Hi!  I hope you're not too buried in paperwork - but it's great to have more patients! :clap

Hi to those I may have missed, too.

The a.c. people are replacing the downstairs central air and furnace.  The attic access is in our closet, so we covered everything tightly with drop cloths since they will be up and down a hundred times.  Very nice people and they love Gracie...that's the most important thing. :lol

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I spent the morning....you guessed it....doing paperwork :lol  Now I just ordered some wings for lunch (I've been craving them) and will go pick them up in a bit.  Then I'm going to crochet.  My mom asked me if I had a baby ghan laying around and I don't....so just started one last night to see if I can get it done before I come back to Pitt on Monday :xfin 

Looks like everyone's having a pretty good week so far and today's hump day! ;)

'Evening, everyone.  The a.c. install went very well and they were gone by 2!  They covered all flooring and left me with only about 15 minutes of clean-up. :)  It's always wierd to spend so much money on things that no one else can see. :lol

Marisa ~ Have a safe trip to your parents'.  I hope your mom is doing okay. :manyheart

Okay.  I've put off joining hexagons long enough :eek ...time to do that before I see what else I need to make. 

I know it's not officially Fall yet, but when it's 96* I'm willing to pretend it's here. ;)

Have a good evening!

Hi, all.  I was a fairly quiet day at work today, although I forgot to take my pills before I left which threw me off a bit.  Took the essential ones when I got home.  The last customer of the day and I got to talking.  She's a crocheter and we have similar backgrounds.  She's going to give me call and we'll get together for lunch and more getting to know each other.  I think there's a firm friendship in the offing.

Mary, it's been getting a little cooler here lately.  Hope it heads your way soon.

Sherry, hope things get a bit easier at work soon.

Marlene, hope things went well for the funeral.  It's soo sad when little ones die.  Glad you were able to help.

Hi, Joanne.  Glad to hear you are okay and just busy.

Marisa, hope you have a safe trip to your folks' and a good time while there.

Good morning,

It's another gorgeous weather day here in NJ! I couldn't have 'ordered up' better weather for my vacation from work! Yesterday, my DD, SIL and GS went apple picking. The orchard had honey crisp (my favorite apple) and gala apples available for picking. DD and I plan to make apple crisp and some apple strudel muffins tomorrow. Ryan had fun and was actually able to pick quite a few apples on his own!  After SIl went to work and the boys woke up from their nap, we headed to Kohl's since DD had 30% off coupon. I was able to finally get a new comforter set for my bed for a great price. Then we went out to dinner to celebrate "National Cheeseburger Day"- LOL.

Planning on heading to the outlets at the Jersey Shore today and then head over to the beach for a while.

Good morning. Gloomy, dreary and drizzly here today.

Yesterday was a very productive day for a change. I did 5 loads of laundry and hung them either outside, or in the basement when I ran out of room outside. (Hanging laundry is a task I really enjoy.) Also dusted, vacuumed, cleaned refrigerator and oven, and more. I need to mop floors still, I finally ran out of steam. I don't think the clothes in the basement will be dry yet, as it was pretty late when I finished laundry.

Linda, how wonderful to meet someone that you have a lot in common with. Hope the encounter blossoms into a beautiful friendship.

Marlene, I'm sure that was a hard funeral. It was so nice of you to help out.

Joanne, I saw your pictures on Facebook. The boys are sure getting big.

Mary, it seems to me that your life is awfully busy. I know what you mean about spending money on things that don't show. We had our furnace fixed a couple of weeks ago. Dh thought I was being ridiculous, insisting we get it taken care of in August, but we have needed the heat on quite a few mornings already.

Judy, hope things slow down a bit for you.

Sherry, I'm sorry work is still being annoying. At least you have yarn shopping to look forward to.

Marisa, more paperwork must mean a growing practice! Hope you enjoy your time with your parents.

Ds is going to make an offer on a house today. The house itself is nothing special, at least in pictures. it's neat and clean, and the layout is functional, but the decorating looks like my mil did it. However, it sits on 8 or 9 acres of land and the property looks gorgeous. Lots of trees and a ton of beautiful perennial gardens. He's pretty excited, but also kind of nervous. I haven't been there in person, but dh says it is surrounded by very expensive homes.

Arrrr......Shiver me timbers matey's

An early morning today with my 6 am patient and am waiting for another scheduled at 9:30 :clap  I have a couple phone calls to make that I've been avoiding because I know I'll end up on the phone for a while.  I'm having trouble with emailing directly from my software program and I've been on the phone with them several times already and to no avail so I've almost given up :(  I'll crochet some then in hopes of whipping out a baby ghan for my mom to give as a gift to a cousin.  And I have 3 patients tonight :yay  Tomorrow morning I have a patient at 8am and should be heading out around 10:30 to my parents.  Maryann is heading to my parents Saturday morning and we are going to the Bloomsburg fair :bounce  Not much else going on.

Cindy - When I saw that you missed National Cheeseburger Day I was sad that I missed it too....then in retrospect, I'm guessing that's why my mom told me a website to go to for a coupon for a free burger at Ruby Tuesday and I did it, but didn't pay attention to it since I was in the middle of doing other stuff and that's what it was all about......so I guess I didn't miss it, I just didn't know about it :lol

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope things go well for DS on his house buying. Boy you sure accomplished a lot in the cleaning dept. Smart move getting the furnace repaired before it gets really cold and they can't get to you for awhile.

Sherry, At least you have yarn shopping to look forward to Friday. How nice that the boys want grandma to make them new blankets.

Marisa, Safe travels to your parents. Have a fun time with them and MaryAnn. Hope you get the baby blanket done before you have to come home.

Mary, We will be having fall temps this weekend.

Joanne, It sounds like your enjoying your vacation. Apple crisp and apple strudel muffins sound yummy!

Judy, Don't forget to breathe in your busy times.

Hi to Linda, Val, Tam!

Yesterday was a very long day, but it went very smoothly. I seen a couple of people I knew from where I use to live. They asked how I knew the family and I told them. The are related to the mom who lost the little girl. She is a great niece to them. Small world. Since it was a nice day and we had food outside we had lots of bees around. One of the other ladies and I tried something and it worked. We put a dryer sheet in are pocket and it kept the bees away from us. I've seen this on facebook, but for mosquitos. We thought it was worth a try.

Saturday were going to go to Maya's and watch her be a cheerleader. Can't wait to see her!

Are friend Karen had her aneurysm surgery and is doing well.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Good morning, peeps!

Things have calmed down now. For at least 2 weeks we'll have normalcy, then the kitchen and dinette area get the pergo flooring installed.

Lucy does NOT like people (strangers) doing work inside the house...or outside....or....you get the idea. Miss watchdog has a very hard time stopping her mouth. :reyes

Marlene...I remembered to breathe :lol

Cindy, we have a service contract for our Heating and AC....October is our service call month  to check the heat. It's worth every penny so we can have the reassurance, though we replaced the heater some years ago, so compared to the age of the house it's probably going to outlive us :lol

Marisa, good luck getting the baby ghan finshed. What pattern are you using? And YAY for all the patients! Sounds like your practice is really picking up. Enjoy being with your family.

I finished the thread scarf....sort of. I had 2 balls of the Aunt Lydia's Bamboo thread and there were several knots in each ball! I guess I lost yarn in the process of cutting and weaving in the knots because I had enough for a border on the 2 narrow sides and no more. My edges were very god, so not an issue. I wrote Coats and Clark, though and told them.....color is out of stock so they are sending me a refund :D

Laundry is going and need to water grass seed that was planted in back, so off I go! Have a great day, my friends

Good morning, House!

It was another wonderful day yesterday- I got a nice outfit at Chico's outlet- it's my early birthday present to myself! Found some great deals at Oshkosh for Ryan- he's skinny and OshKosh pants fit him the best since the waist is adjustable! Spent some time at the beach reading- totally relaxing and wonderful!

It's another perfect weather day here again today! This afternoon, DD and I are going to do some apple baking and tonight I'm going to babysit for the boys so that she can take SIL out to dinner for his birthday.  The afghan is not finished- but I've been plugging away--slow and steady---and of course the knitting bug keeps getting in the way. So I alternate between the two. I'll show him the afghan and hopefully it'll be done by the time the weather gets really cold and he actually needs to use it!

Judy- Glad things are back to 'normal'- how nice to get new floors installed. You must have had your hands full with Miss Lucy!!

Marlene- Have fun at the game. Glad to hear Karen came through surgery well.

Cindy- Wow- you sure have been on a cleaning streak. Part of me wanted to do that this week, but the other part (that won out) was to take this week to just relax and re-energize! Which I think was a very good choice!!!

Marisa- Have fun this weekend and say hi to MaryAnn for me!

Linda- Sounds like you may have found a nice new friend!

Mary- Have you had a chance to get any crocheting in?

Well, I think I'm going to get ready and head outside on the deck to enjoy the glorious weather!

Have a good Friday everyone!

Hi, all.  Yesterday I worked like mad on a variegated brown prayer shawl in a lattice pattern that I made up.  When we sent out the 17 shawls last week we wiped out our supply of shawls for guys and really put a dent in the ones on hand for gals.  I finished the brown one at Prayer Shawl group last night and it's on its way to a gentle man who was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  We had three shawls come in and go out last night, two of them for guys.

I've got to do some rearranging in my craft room so that I can get busy sewing.  I have a crib quilt in pinks and lavenders to get made for my church's Red Door Festival next month.  It's our big outreach fund-raiser of the year.  It's an all day event and we have a number of items in baskets that get raffled off.  The nine patch pattern isn't hard to make, but at the moment I can't get at the sewing machine.   :P

Joanne, I'm so glad that you are spending your time off relaxing and recharging you batteries.  This has been a long haul and it always takes time to get all the glitches ironed out, to say nothing of getting everyone up to speed on how to use the changes.  Apple picking is one of the things I miss here in the south.

Cindy, your cleaning binge puts me to shame.  It's one of those necessary things that I tend to put off as long as possible.   :lol

Judy, I've got another one who doesn't like others doing things in the apartment.  Although she usually shuts up after sniffing them thoroughly.  Not always though.  She reacts much more negatively to guys than to women.  Might have something to do with the fact that she has been around women a lot more than men since I got her.

Marisa, have a wonderful time with your mom and dad.  Give mom a hug from us.   :ghug

I'm seriously thinking about moving back up to Iowa when my lease is up next summer.  I really don't like the winters, but the pull of family is super strong.  I would love to be much more a part of GS's life.  Seeing him once a year for a week or two just doesn't cut it any more.   :no   So I'm just doing some looking at what's available up there to see if it's even possible.  And it looks like it may be.  At least I don't have to decide for a while yet.

Hope you all have a great Friday.   :manyheart  

Hi Ladies,

Linda, It's hard being away from Maya after having her here every day all summer. I wish we lived closer to each other. I wish we didn't own so we could just move closer. Selling just isn't happening around here. I have two neighbors that have there homes up for sale. One they have been trying for 3 summers and the other one just put hers up for sale this summer. Lake property isn't cheap and any more and none of us are going to give it away either. Follow your heart and you will be were you want to be as long as you can afford to live there. What about doctors? Will doctors you need to see be near by or will you have to drive to a larger town?

Joanne, Your week off sounds just perfect!

Judy, Our Daisy is like Lucy with some new people to.  Your new floors will be awesome.

Hubby had an appointment at the VA yesterday. I was crocheting on Zack's blanket and the receptionist asked what I was crocheting. She told me she crochets, but nothing more than potholders. She looses stitches and adds some. I told her to mark her ends and she will see the difference. She was glad for the tip. Maya's Dad wants a hat so I need to make that up.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good Saturday morning, House. :)   The last couple of days have been extra busy, but hopefully we'll have a quieter weekend.  We finally had a rain event Thursday night and yesterday...over 4 inches! :cheer

I may go back to bed, or maybe brew some tea and crochet until hubby gets up. Have a good morning!  :manyheart 

Good morning,

Happy Saturday!

Marlene- It must be hard to have Maya every day in the summer and then once school starts not being able to see her all the time. Quite an adjustment. I don't blame you for not selling if it would mean 'giving' it away!

Cindy- Forgot to ask-has DS heard anything about the offer he put in on the house?

Mary I just got up- I'm getting more sleep this past week than usual so I guess my body was telling me it was time to slow down and rest up! I worked on SIL's afghan yesterday.

We didn't end up baking yesterday. My SIL decided to take the day off for his birthday so he and DD and the boys went to visit his brother in Hoboken and have dinner with him. So we'll be baking today instead. It all worked out, and DH took 1/2 day off and we went to the beach for a few hours and then out to dinner.

I could get very used to this not working thing---ah well, 2 more glorious days off till it's back to Paradise!

Have a good one, friends!

'morning, peeps!

Linda,, how exciting to plan to move near DD and GS! You'll miss your friends, but I know you'll make new ones easily. :yes

Joanne, you sound so energetic! I'm so happy you're enjoying your time off. :hug

A friend stopped by yesterday and I have 2 commissions! A shell with flower hat for a 2 yo (I need to find my pattern for the hat to see about making it bigger! Or else borrow a neighbor's toddler and measure their head :lol . The other is a baby boy blankt in 2 shades of blue and soft white. Sort of like saltines, but the squares will be bigger so I can get this one fast for her. Yarn shopping! :D

Hi, Marlene, Mary, Cindy, Sherry and everyone. Have a good day!

Good morning. It's a cool pretty day here, and we're seeing the start of fall color. No big plans for today. It's township clean up day, which means we can take trash to the township hall. Two loads have gone, mainly the metal from the pool we took down last summer. We had planned to take it in for recycling but it didn't happen, so we will let the township take care of that.

Ds's offer on the house was accepted, subject to results of a home inspection. Today dd is looking at a condo. I'm probably going to go with her. In pictures this condo is really beautiful, but I've noticed that real estate photos can be misleading.

Other plans for the day include laundry and vacuuming.

Linda, how exciting to make plans to be closer to family.

Mary, wow, 4 inches of rain in such a short time! It must have really come down.

Archived