post-8552-0-13796900-1366735791_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-08544500-1366735811_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-49259000-1366735825_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-14657700-1366735845_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Linda.

Yes, you were very blessed to have been with your mom when she was alert....remember the good times.... :heart

'Afternoon, everyone. :manyheart   Thank you for all the hugs and prayers...they are much appreciated. :ghug

Linda ~ It's so good that you have your friends, projects and your job. :hug   We're here for you!

Judy!  We've missed you a lot! :)   All of your work is wonderful - you've been really busy. :clap   However, my favorite picture is the one of the children. :lol   They are beautiful!

I've been to see Dad again - someone needed to be there when the Dr. came in so we could know what's going on.  He is doing a little better and is able to take a few steps with his walker.  No way can I keep up this driving every day, but probably won't go back until Friday or Saturday.  My sister is able to go on Thursday and we won't even discuss my brother. :no

Laundry is piled high, bills need to be paid and now I'm getting Dad's mail and paying his bills.  So, off I go!  (I hope I can remember how to crochet! :eek )

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Welcome back! We missed you! Some great projects you've made while you were gone. Love the pic of the furbabies.

Mary, Please take it easy on yourself. One thing at a time. :hug

Linda, Glad you were able to spend time Rosie and John. :hug

Val, So far we have just had a bit of rain.

Joanne, A green infinity scarf sounds pretty. DD is going to love it.

Sherry, I hope you don't have much damage if any from that hail storm.

I undecorated the Christmas tree. I left the red, white and blue bulbs. I think I will pick up some decorations. Also unpacking things. Went through a box of crochet patterns. I pulled out a few things that may go in maybe/some day pile.

:ghug

Hello housemates. Busy couple of days at work for me. I'm off until Friday now.

Judy, good to see you back.. You were missed. Love your projects and especially that great picture of Sparkie and Lucy.

Linda, continuing to pray for you. I'm glad John and Rosie helped you regroup.

Marlene, how's the water situation at your house. We are high and dry where we live, but the flooding is devastating In the Grand Rapids area. I'm sure the clean up costs will be in the millions.

Sherry, when is that merger vote? If you already said, I missed it.

Mary, Val is right, you do need to care for yourself as well.

Joanne, your yarn sounds pretty, and the scarf will be like a hug for your DD.

Thanks ladies! The furbabies act like they read each other's mind sometimes.... I just started a graph ghan for another baby gift - now that I found the perfect color I was looking for (It's going to be a Bright Pink bear, not brown ;) ) Have a good night everyone~

post-8552-0-83658700-1366757641_thumb.jpg

Good evening.  Just got back from work and walking Sweet Pea.  I'm tired, but it's a good tired.  Finished a prayer shawl and two 12" squares for a baby blanket while at work.  Four more squares and it will be time to join and border the baby blanket.

Here are the photos....

Blue and white gingham - a shower gift

Bear ghan - a big brother gift

Scrap ghan....Lucy's new blankie

Love the bear 'ghan and of course the picture of the furples.  The others are great, too, it's just that I like the bear the best. :clap 

'Afternoon, everyone.    Thank you for all the hugs and prayers...they are much appreciated.

Linda ~ It's so good that you have your friends, projects and your job. :hug   We're here for you!

Judy!  We've missed you a lot!    All of your work is wonderful - you've been really busy.    However, my favorite picture is the one of the children.    They are beautiful!

I've been to see Dad again - someone needed to be there when the Dr. came in so we could know what's going on.  He is doing a little better and is able to take a few steps with his walker.  No way can I keep up this driving every day, but probably won't go back until Friday or Saturday.  My sister is able to go on Thursday and we won't even discuss my brother.

Laundry is piled high, bills need to be paid and now I'm getting Dad's mail and paying his bills.  So, off I go!  (I hope I can remember how to crochet! :eek )

Have they decided what is going on with him yet, Mary?  Do take care of yourself.  :hug 

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Welcome back! We missed you! Some great projects you've made while you were gone. Love the pic of the furbabies.

Mary, Please take it easy on yourself. One thing at a time.

Linda, Glad you were able to spend time Rosie and John.

Val, So far we have just had a bit of rain.

Joanne, A green infinity scarf sounds pretty. DD is going to love it.

Sherry, I hope you don't have much damage if any from that hail storm.

I undecorated the Christmas tree. I left the red, white and blue bulbs. I think I will pick up some decorations. Also unpacking things. Went through a box of crochet patterns. I pulled out a few things that may go in maybe/some day pile.

There's always so much to do when you get back home after being gone for so long.  Be careful not to overdo it.

Love the picture of the bear graph 'ghan, Judy.  That will be ever so sweet in pink.

Just a quick check in so y'all know I'm still here :lol

I had a busy two days catching up and getting ready to be off tomorrow afternoon through Monday to head back to my parents house.  I'm just leaving the office now and have been here since 9:30 this morning :eek  Now I need to head home and pack so I can leave right from here tomorrow.  I stayed late tonight to be sure not to get stuck here tomorrow trying to get things done :shrug

I seriously breezed through the posts, but wanted to let Linda know that I'm sending prayers for you and your family :hug

Also, glad to 'see' Judy back....gorgeous projects :manyheart

I'll be by in the morning!

Joanne - looking forward to seeing that scarf!  I know DD will love it.

Judy - good to see you back and I love all your projects!  Great pics of your furbabies.

Linda - still praying for you. 

Mary - good that you were there when the dr was there.  Be sure to take care of yourself!!! 

Cindy - The merger vote is this Sunday.  It's gonna be a very long week.  Prayers are appreicated.

Marlene - you're unpacking and I'm packing.  We're getting excited about moving but I sure wish that "packing/moving fairy" would show up and do some stuff while I sleep!!  LOL

The cars are ok from the hail storm last night.  Fortunately we didn't get any more hail.  Some areas north of us got tennis ball and softball size hail--I'm sure their cars didn't fair as well.  Crazy, crazy weather--tornadoes in some parts of the state, sleet this afternoon and temps tonight in the 20's--and this weekend we'll be back in the 70's!! 

Tomorrow is PT day, not really looking forward to it but I know it's helping. Plus it's gonna be really cold and I have to wear my PT clothes and they are not made for cold weather :( 

Well, I hope you all have a great evening!  Hugs to all!!

Good morning, all,

Judy- Love the projects and the pic of Lucy and Sparkie is great. Your hook has been busy! The bearghan is adorable and I can't wait to see it the one you make in bright pink!

Marlene- Take it easy with all that unpacking. I'm hoping that the rains haven't flooded the area where you are

Linda- Sending you some more hugs- cause- well, we can never have enough of them! I'm glad that you got to spend some time with Rosie and John.

Sherry- Good luck at PT today!

Marisa- Safe travels home- hope everything is ok with your Mom.

Cindy- Enjoy your day off!

Mary- Prayers for your Dad!

Val- How are your allergies holding up?

Off to get ready- I have a hair appointment tonight after work, so probably won't be back again till tomorrow morning!

Good morning housemates!

Judy, :hug  :yay  :hug  :cheer  :hug .  I missed you!  I love all of your projects.  Great pictures of Sparkie and Lucy!  I'm getting ready to look at "I Love Lucy" on ME TV.  I hope all is well.  Again, so glad to have you back!

Sherry, Glad that your cars are fine.  I'm sorry you have to do all that packing with everything going on.  I'd help you if I wasn't so far away.  Hope PT goes well for you.

Linda, I'm sorry you can't travel to be with your family at this time.  God is good, as you said, you were able to see her and make some fun and loving memories.  I'll continue to lift you up in prayer. :hug

Mary, I hope your burdens are a little lighter.  Lifting you and family in prayer! :hug

Joanne, I got some script drugs and I can tell the difference this morning.  I hope paradise is good to you today.  When will your project be complete.  If I remember correctly, it was suppose to end last September. 

Marisa, praying traveling grace for you.  Are you going alone?  Praying for your mom. :hug

Marlene, I hope you're not having to deal with flood waters.

Cindy, enjoy your day off.  What's on the hook?

Have a wonderful Wednesday housemates.  BBL!!  :ghug

'morning, peeps! The weather has been so strange all over the country - I had my winter coat, scarf and gloves on yesterday to walk Lucy! Cold again this AM, but 71 later today!

That bear ghan was the first one I'd ever made...Phyllis encouraged me to try it and also mentioned that the pattern wasn't quite right in places, so I was forewarned. Just a couple of things where I had to use my judgment.... I got a kick out of it after I finished it!

A day of laundry for me today, topped off by the dentist at 4....old crown on a front tooth cracked across the back and needs to be replaced. It was over 40 years old - must be a record! ....so, with my knees knocking and after getting a hit of nitrous, I'll let him do all the cutting he needs to so he can get the old one off and start the process for the new one.... Have a great day...the sun is shining here, and that always peps me up....

Good mornihg everyone.  Not a lot of time as today is my 8 hour day at work.  I did NOT want to wake up this morning.  Have to swing by the bank on my way to work so will be out the door in a bit.  With the warmer weather Sweet Pea and I are taking longer walks.  I'm getting in anywhere from half to three quarters of a mile each day just walking her for her potty breaks.  And it's not all level either so that's another plus.

Marisa ~ Have a wonderful time this long weekend with your folks.

Sherry ~ I'm glad your cars are undamaged.  Softball sized hail is some awfully big hail.  It undoubtably did a lot of damage.  Good luck at PT today.  It will be worth it in the end.  :hug 

Val ~ Glad to hear that you are finally getting some relief with the new meds.  :hug 

Judy ~ Good luck at the dentist.  That is my least favorite place to go.  :hug 

Thank you for all your warm thoughts and prayers.  I feel surrounded by love from all my friends and it helps tremendously.

Well, 2 hours later, I finally got home from appointment one at the dentist. Blech.

I anticipate falling asleep quickly - and soon...

Judy, at least the dentist visit is over! I dislike going to the dentist as well. In the words of Ogden Nash: (slightly paraphrased, I'm too lazy to go look for the book)

"And this O Fate, is I think the most vicious circle that thou ever sentest,

That Man has to go continually to the dentist to keep his teeth in good condition

When the chief reason he wants his teeth to be in good condition is so that he won't have to go the dentist."

Quiet day here today, did laundry, grocery shopped, and knit. Now I'm reading.

Dd and the boys were planning to visit tomorrow, but she has decided to take the boys to a morning Bach concert, (its for children), followed by lunch with friends. She thought about coming here after lunch, but the two older boys have soccer practice at 6, so it would be really busy. Hopefully this means I will have a productive day.

Back to my book for me. Good night everyone.

Today was my first day at work where I both opened (my first time) and closed.  Everything went smoothly, but I"m tired and going to bed early.  I am NOT setting the alarm tonght.  :lol  

Judy ~ I'm glad the first dentist visit went well.  Sleep well.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad you got through the dentist and breathe some relief now.

Linda, Hope your day went by quickly.

Val, Glad you got some medicine and are getting some relief.

Cindy, Have a good day no matter what you decide to do.

Joanne, We got a good soaking. Things are getting better.

Mary, I hope things are going good for you.

Marisa, Safe travels to our parents. Prayers for your Mom.

Sherry, Glad your car didn't have any damage. Good luck with pt. I wish that packing/moving fairy would show up and help you to.

I had a migraine last night just before bed and the headache has been hanging on all day. I haven't wanted to move. I did have to go out to the store. Busy day tomorrow. Hubby is suppose to golf, but were suppose to get some snow (just enough to cover the grass). He has a dentist appt in the afternoon and an appt for his hearing aids again. The hearing aids came in after we left for Texas and they wouldn't send them to us. So they ended up sending them back to the insurance company. Hopefully that doesn't cause any problems now. Were going to see stepdaughter tomorrow also. And I'm going to a garage sale. It's a yearly one and I usually can find me some shirts. I need to get up real early tomorrow so I'm off to bed. I hope everyone has a nice thursday.

Thiry five years ago are weather was much warmer than it is now. Today is DD's birthday and when she came home from the hospital in her dress I striped her down to a t-shirt and diaper it was so hot out. We don't have to many years it's like that though.

Good morning!

No time for individuals-and tonight I'm going to a dinner after work so won't be home till close to 10. Wonder why it's on a Thursday night? It's not like I'm off work tomorrow! LOL

Decided to have a few highlights thrown in to my hair and I love the 'sun -kissed' look of it. Just felt like a little change up from the norm.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning. Snowing very hard here, mostly it's melting as it touches the ground. Hopefully this doesn't shock the daffodils into thinking the season is finished.

Linda, glad work went smoothly. Hope you slept well.

Joanne, I hate when I have an evening event when I have to work the next day. Glad you like your hair.

Marlene, hope your headache is gone this morning and that the hearing aid situation is easily worked out. Happy birthday to your dd. enjoy your visit with your step daughter.

Sherry, when are you moving? We've never moved, so I haven't had to pack up a house. I think it must be an overwhelming amount of work!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning!  I slept well and woke up earlier than I expected.  I had an older lady come by yesterday.  She had been in last week when Lily was there and was looking for a scarf/shawl to wear to a formal dance in about a week and a half.  She didn't have her dress with her and we didn't have anything that matched her dress, which she didn't have with her yesterday.  But, she is coming back with a friend on Saturday and we will see what we can do.  I was thinking about what to do and trying the know what I know about the color wheel and such to come up with some ideas.  I think that we might have some luck if we go to the opposite side of the color wheel (reds, oranges, or purples) or to neutrals (white - gray - black, or maybe beige/ browns).  I haven't seen the dress so we shall see.  I think there are some possibilities though.  Her friend also needs help finding something to go with her dress for that night's activities.  It's exciting when I can help someone find something special.

Today I'm planning a quiet day of R&R.

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! My headache and neck pain let up after my adjustment last Friday, then the headache was trying to creep back in on Saturday morning and I took some Ibuprofen and it's been fine since....the weather also cooled down from the 80 it was :think Coincidence?

The gift at the baby shower was the hit of the party :clap Then I relaxed pretty much the rest of the weekend. I started a shawl pattern that I'm testing for someone here at the ville and also a shrug with thread that I want to make, which I only did the first row to so far. I need to make a new copy of the pattern so I can mark it all up since it's a filet graph. My first of this type, so we'll see what happens.

Monday morning the cleaning people were in so I got to the office a bit later in the day, had a few patients and Tuesday was a busy day with several patients and KtB at night. I was at the office for about 12 hours! But I was trying to make sure my paperwork was done and getting everything in line to head home on Wednesday without getting stuck there. So yesterday I left town just before 1:00 and met my parents at Pizza Hut for the buffet dinner. Then we ran to Boscov's and I got some sunglasses and slippers on sale. I was up around 5 this morning to use the restroom and just couldn't get back to sleep so just got up after about 2 hours.

Mom is pretty much the same and not having any progress. She's decided not to go on the wine tour Saturday (she was so looking forward to it) because of the bathroom issue and since she's decreasing the Prednisone doses, the problem is flourishing again. We heard from the Dr. office in Pittsburgh today that we're having her go to and they can schedule her in just 2 weeks, which is fairly quick. They have her at the top of the list if there are any cancellations. My aunt is coming on the wine tour with us in her place so the ticket doesn't get wasted.

Today I ran some errands to the bank, dropped my mom to work and then visited with my aunt and uncle a bit. Now I'm going to play with my phone update since I had trouble with it at work but didn't have the time to spend playing around with it. Later I'm going to try some 'strange' chiropractic things with my mom to target the organs and such and see if any of it helps even just a bit. She'll be my guinea pig to practice some techniques on and see what happens :lol It can't really get worse :shrug

So again, I breezed through the posts and didn't take notes.  I wanted to make sure to check in since I've been slacking this week!  I hope all is well :hug

Good afternoon housemates!

Judy, glad you survived the dentist.

Joanne, your hair sounds pretty.

Marlene, I hope your headache is gone.  I also hope there's not problems with the hearing aid issue.

Cindy, Hopefully, you having the productive day you desire.

Linda,  Good for you taking a r&r day.

Marisa, glad you had a safe trip.  What are moms for...practicing.  Continually praying for her.

Sherry, hope all is well with you.

Not much going on here.  DGN & DNei are packing for a weekend in Savannah with Girl Scouts.

Feeling a little blah so I'll check back in later.

Have a great afternoon.

Hi everyone! :)  

I'm so sorry for not keeping up with you all lately...it's hard to "talk" sometimes, but I have been reading your posts. :manyheart   Dad is not any worse, but we're fairly sure he will stay where he is.  At home, he would need 24 hour care.

Marisa ~ I hope your mom gets in to see the doctor soon!  Have a good visit with your family. :yes

Marlene ~ How wonderful that Maya's daddy is home again!  I hope your migraine is much better today. :hug

Linda ~ I'm so happy for you :clap - your job sounds just perfect for you!  Being on your feet  for 8 hours can be rough, though. ;)

Cindy ~ Oh no - more snow!  We were in the 30's yesterday morning, which was a record for this late in April. 

Sherry ~ Have you scheduled your move yet?  (Sorry if I've missed this info. :2blush )  I hope things are okay at work and that your knee continues to improve.

Valerie ~ Hi!  I hope you're feeling better now. :hug

Judy ~ It's so good to see your posts! :manyheart

Joanne ~ Yay for having some pampering last evening.  I've gotten so bad - usually in bed by 9 lately. :lol

I have about 6 more inches on the hearts baby 'ghan.  It doesn't call for a border, but it may need one.  I'll try and post a picture soon and would love your thoughts on that.

:waving Just want to say hi and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. God is working in my life and the "home" situation. Last night my DIL talked to me from her heart. Please pray especially for her and my son concerning the drinking. My son needs help, either AA or medical help or both. Don't know if I said before but I'm certain he's a functional alcoholic. 

:manyheart

Archived