Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon housemates!

Joanne, I'm glad you're getting together with DD today.  I hope the weather is beautiful for you guys.  Take pictures.

Judy, Happy that your son's practice is doing so well.  Now, if we can only get him to commit to a relationship and give you some grandkids.

Cindy, Your daughters found quite the bargains yesterday.  Glad you had some time with both of your girls.  Hope this weekend is not too hard on you.  Did you decide where you were going or did you guys decide to just wing it?

Linda, Thinking of you and praying for comfort. :hug   Remember to take care of you.

Mary, praying for your dad and strength for you. :hug

Marisa, Sherry & Christi...thinking of you all.

Enjoy the rest of today!

Mom's memorial service and burial in Wadena, Iowa are this morning, so I'm a little down.  But I know she's in a better place.  It's so final, is all.  The end of that generation for our family, if not necessarily for the very extended family of all the cousins.  Although even there, she's one of the last.  I guess I'm just not ready to be the oldest yet.  :cry   She's always been there.  Dad's been gone for 26 years.  Now they're together again.

Sorry.  Hope you all have a great Friday.  :ghug

Aw, Linda...I truly know how you feel...sending you prayers and hugs..... :hug  :manyheart  :hug

Judy ~ Little Miss Mermaid is just adorable. :c9   Your work is lovely!

Thanks!

I'm so sorry that I haven't kept up too well.  We ended up going to the museum yesterday, so I'm home today.  Zach slept in his stroller and Luke and a little friend had a ball! That had to be a sweet day....

Dad isn't doing as well as he was - the physical therapist called and said he refused therapy this a.m. :(   DH and I will probably go down tomorrow.

He has to be feeling depressed and tired of everything....just give him a hug and a kiss and let him know you're there for him.....

Off to the desk!

Judy, Happy that your son's practice is doing so well.  Now, if we can only get him to commit to a relationship and give you some grandkids.

I'm not holding my breath.... :lol 

Good evening housemates :hi

I'm not quite sure what happened to the day :think  I had a 4 patients early and then had some errands to run.  After that I vacuumed the office and now here I sit :shrug

I do have a patient in the morning, so may check in tomorrow while I'm here.  I have the marathon this weekend that I'm helping at so wish me luck!  If I don't 'see' you tomorrow, then I'll 'see' you on Monday. 

Thanks for the thoughts, hugs, and prayers everyone.  I talked briefly with one of my brothers and the service went well.  A few of Mom and Dad's friends were there, but there aren't that many left.  After that I took myself out to the local quilt store and picked up the fabrics to make youngest brother a double Irish chain quilt in blues and golds.  Once I located the fabrics I wanted I sat on the floor and used a piece of their scratch paper to calculate how much I needed of each color.  :D   Once that was done I got it cut and got some hugs from the gals there, visited with other quilters who were there, and took myself over to Rosie and John's house for the evening.  Rosie & I ate at the local Steak and Shake and then brought some home for John.  We visited, watched some TV, and I gave John a back rub.  They leave for Colorado next week for four months.  This year they are delaying the trip a few days because of the snow between here and there, last year they had temps  between 100* and 112*.  Go figure.

Have a good night.  Tomorrow I have work and Sunday I have two functions to attend, so I'll stay busy and not dwell on things.

Mary ~ I'm sure that your Dad is really missing your Mom and it may be affecting his health.  Hope you have a safe trip there and back tomorrow and a good visit while you're there.

Marisa ~ Good luck at the marathon tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hugs and prayers for you. I know it's hard being so far away when things like this happen in are life. Have a nice day at work and at your 2 functions sunday.

Mary, Hugs and prayers for you to. Your Dad is probably missing your Mom and missing home. He will probably enjoy your visit very much. Drive safely!

Cindy, Congrats on your weight loss and being able to buy a smaller size. Sounds like the girls got some good bargins. Have a fun safe vacation.

Marisa, Congratulations on 80 patients!

Joanne, Have a fun weekend with DD.

Judy, The mermaid outfit is adorable and so is the model.

Val, Is the bama afghan for you, a gift or a sale? You'll get your mojo back. I think we all go through it.

Sherry, I hope the move goes easy tomorrow and all your help shows up.

The dentist appt went well. I showed the girls in the office how to knit a ruffle scarf. I went to a church rummage sale and ran into several people I know. I had a nice visit with them. One of my friends parents was two of the people I ran into. My friends Mom told me that one of there sons grandson who is 4 has cancer. It's a childs cancer and he is in the 3rd stage. There son was in a car accident several years ago and had a brain injury. They aren't telling him that it is cancer there just telling him his grandson is sick. My friends Dad just had hip surgery so when he gets the all clear they are heading to Tennessee to see great-grandson.

I got are cable bill and got shocked when I seen the total due. Charter is no longer bundling packages together. Are bill was 216.16. I dumped some channels and saved 10.00. I called the cable company and the guy asked how he could help. I said I hoped he could give a good price on are internet, cable and phone. He said he couldn't charter was no longer doing that. I told him I was no way going to pay 216.16 either. I've spent many hours on the internet checking out satellite, checking on buying my own modem and checking magic jack for the phone. I'm not comfortable enough with my reception here to just cancel my phone completely. But if thats what I have to do then I will. Still not sure how we will do things but I will figure it out.

Were going to Maya's tomorrow. There having a pool party for Jocelyn's birthday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good morning ladies :hi

I saw my 2 patients this morning and now my sister is on her way here.  She wants me to try the stuff I did to my mom on her.  I made the mistake of saying 'energy flow' and now she thinks I can give her energy :oops  :eek  I don't even know where to start with her :shrug  I'll be hooking with the KtB crew this afternoon and turning in early tonight to be downtime by 5am for the marathon!!!!!

Linda - continued prayers for your family.  How great to be able to hang out at the fabric shop while figuring out what you need!

Marlene - Your bill was more than mine at the office.  Mine's also a bit pricey, but I'm still reasonably under 200 and I have only the business cable channels (only about 15ish channels), but high speed internet, and 2 phone lines with unlimited long distance....one phone and one fax.  Is there a different company around there you can check out?

Good morning!

Linda- Big hugs to you and I'm glad that you were able to spend some time getting quilting supplies and time with Rosie and John on what was a difficult day! :hug

Marisa- Have fun at the marathon and with your KtB group this afternoon. My DD's office is doing a 5K next month- and raising money for American Heart Assoc so of course I donated to the cause. My Mom and Dad both passed due to heart issues, and my DH had open heart in his 40's with subsequent angioplasty about 4 years ago.

Last night we went out for a fabulous dinner which was my Mother's Day gift. It was amazingly delicious. We had a fun evening. Today is sunny and nice and we are heading to Harvard square . This afternoon/tomorrow we are going to walk around to various artist studios- it's open studio weekend in her town- which I attended last year. Can't believe my good luck that it's this weekend!

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)

Good morning!  It's overcast and gloomy here today.  We had misty rain most of yesterday and then it rained harder last night leaving standing puddles.  And today we're back to misty rain, at least at the moment.  I'm doing better today.  Thanks for all the comforting thoughts and prayers.

Marlene ~ That's a unreal cable bill!  Hope you can work something out that's not so pricey.

Marisa ~ Have a good time at the marathon.  Praying it goes off without any unwanted, violence.  Enjoy the KtB group.

Joanne ~ Have a great day with DD and enjoy the artists' displays.

Love to everyone.

We had another wonderful day- walked down to the "T" which is about a mile and then walked around Harvard Square and had lunch outside and wondered the stores. They have a "Curious George" store in Harvard Square- the only one in the country- and I got a book for Ryan and Robbie. Then we went to the Harvard Book store since they have used books downstairs there- Picked up two books and so did DD. We then took the "T" back and walked around some of the artists studios. i bought DD her birthday present- a beautiful little heart necklace that she kept talking about that we had seen at one of the studios. So we went back and i bought it for her. Her birthday is not until Aug, but I could tell how much she loved it.

Now we are just relaxing at home and tomorrow we are going to some more of the artist studios and also to the Taza festival. Taza chocolate is made right in the town where DD lives and it is so good. You can read about it here http://www.tazachocolate.com/

Hope you are all having a good day

Hi,ladies - what a gorgeous day, weather-wise. Linda, I know your area will get its turn soon!

Joanne, good move getting the necklace now - they might not have had it for much longer!

I did a little hooking today and we had chili for dinner. Yummo :D

Have a good night my friends :hug

Hello everyone. Super busy day at work, and then to DD's for dinner. We just got home and I'm ready to drop. Dh is busy packing for next weeks vacation. He tends to over plan and over think. I tossed a bunch of clothes in a suitcase and am calling it good.

I'm not 100% certain we will leave on Monday. My mil spent the day in the ER with dizziness, and sever nausea and vomiting. They think it is an ear infection. I don't want to leave until I am sure that she is okay.

Good night everyone.

Shortly after I got to work the mist turned into rain.  It varied from moderate to heavy all the rest of the day.  There weren't that many customers so Lily let me go a few minutes early.  I headed for home and stayed in.  There looked to be a bad accident at the corner of the area where the store is, so was glad I was going the other direction.  I was extra careful as the roads had lots of water running on them.  Anyway, it sounds like a good day for most of you.  Take care and have a good day tomorrow.

Happy Cinco de mayo!!! It's another sunny day here in Beantown! I'm very happy that the weather has so nicely cooperated!

Linda- I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and that you were able to get out of work a little early. Last evening we watched the Kentucky Derby and I thought of you and how you used to make the hats for John and Kim for the KD party.

Cindy- Prayers that your MIL will be ok and you'll get to head out on vacation tomorrow!

Judy- I'm glad I got the necklace for DD since it's made by an independent artisan and who knows if we'd ever find it again? She is thrilled with it!

Sherry-I'm hoping that the unpacking is going well and that your house is now starting to feel like your home.

Marlene- Hope you are having a good weekend with Maya and all! That cable bill is pricey- I am not sure exactly what we pay, but we have the triple pay- internet, cable and phone- and DH re-negotiated it a few months ago by threatening to go to satellite.

Mary- How's your Dad doing?

Marisa- thinking of you at the Pittsburgh Marathon and wishing for a very un-enventful day I bought a Boston Strong t-shirt yesterday with 50% of the profits going to the victims of the Boston Marathon incident.

Off to pour the coffee--

Hello housemates!

I didn't check in yesterday.  It was very gloomy and rained all day here.  I spent most of the day relaxing and reading.

Marlene, the Bama ghan is a baby ghan that I saw on the crochet page.  I liked it and decided to do it in Bama colors.  I'm going to make a hat and possibily some booties to go with it to put on the page for sale.  I hope you're having a great weekend with your granddaughters.  I hope you can get something worked out with the cable situation.

Joanne, I'm so glad you had got to spend time with your dd and they weather cooperated.  It sounds like you girls had a wonderful weekend.  Did you give her the birthday necklace already?

Cindy, I hope your mil is doing okay.  Lifting her up in prayer.  I do hope all is well and you can leave for your trip on tomorrow.

Marisa, I'm like your sister, I wish I could let you work on me.

Linda, I'm glad you got to spend time with Rosie and John.  What are you going to do without them for 4 months.  Your brother is going to enjoy the quilt.  Will you have to make one for your other brother?

Mary, Judy & Sherry, thinking of you ladies.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies.  The rain has stopped here but it's suppose to be back later this evening and into Monday evening.

Going to do some laundry and a little straightening in my room.

:ghug  to everybody!

Hi, everyone.  Just got home.  Went to the Methodist Church today for their 11:00 service.  The son of one of my prayer shawl buddies got baptized and confirmed today.  Afterwards there was a party for him at their house.  I managed to get totally lost on the way there and then missed one of the turns on the way back home and had to backtrack again.  :P   He's a nice young man. 

Tonight I go out to supper with a group from my church.  It's good to have support groups.

My brother Gary is getting the quilt I made for Mom, so he will have one of my quilts, and the one I'll be making goes to my other brother.  They'll both have one this way.  And they are both double Irish chain quilts, so similar in pattern if not in color.

I'm going to rest a bit now, before jaunting off again. :hug

Hi everyone

We had another amazing day today. We went for brunch and then in the afternoon, we walked over to the Taza Choc block party and went to a few more of the open studios.  We then went to a local cafe for coffee. We bought some fresh pasta at a little specialty grocer and now we are getting ready to cook dinner. I did a lot of walking this weekend and it feels great!!!  I also am almost finished with a shawl that I started the other night at the hotel.

Linda-  Sounds like you had a lovely day (of course, not the part about getting lost) Enjoy your dinner out tonight!

Val- Yes, I did give DD the necklace and she has been wearing it.

I hope everyone had a great Sunday!

Sounds like you've had a wonderful 3 days with your DD, Joanne.  It's wonderful when we can see our children growing into such talented, mature adults.  We never stop worrying about them, when they have problems, but it's also nice to see them coping well with what life throws at them.

The dinner tonight was nice.  We chatted all the way through it and were at the restaurant for 2 hours.  One of the couples is celebrating 30 years of marriage on Tuesday so the rest of us signed a card for them.  We all shared a chocolate cake dessert with ice cream as a celebration just a smidge early.  Everything was wonderful.

Hope this is the start of a good week for and everyone of you.

Love,

Linda

Good morning, all.  :manyheart   The weekend was very busy and I've just caught up on posts. 

Cindy ~ I hope your MIL is doing better now. :hug

Linda ~ Your weekend sounds great!  I'm so glad you're enjoying work and spending time with good friends. :)  

Joanne ~ Your weekend in Boston sounds wonderful!

Marlene ~ We just got the first UVerse "shocker" bill since the initial contract ended.  We called and they lowered it back where it was for another year - my DD has done this 3 years in a row.  I hope you can work something out soon!

Valerie ~ Love the idea of the matching baby 'ghan, hat and booties. :yes   I hope your family is doing well. :)

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH has been working from home and they've asked him to continue part-time.  They hired him to develop and manage a division for them and are so afraid of losing the customer base...but part-time means he will now go on Medicare and we will pay for Cobra insurance until I turn 65.  Anywho - I've spent hours and hours researching online and it sure messes with my crochet time. ;)

Thank you for your concern for Dad - we saw him Saturday and he's okay for now.

Good morning. Just checking in before we leave on vacation. I'm not sure how much Internet access we will ave so don't be alarmed if you don't hear from me. I will be checking in from my phone, but it's hard to post on it.

My mil seems to be doing okay. We plan to check on her this morning before we head out.

Hi ladies!

The usual Monday for me - cleaning, etc....

I read all the posts but need to fly now.

Hugs!!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert

The weekend was good. I ran errands with Steph Saturday and then walked over the knitting group. Then relaxed during the evening and tried to get to bed early. Was up at 4 on Sunday, got myself together and walked into town. Checked in and went to find somewhere open to get a coffee (other than the 2 McD's in town). You'd think Starbucks would open early knowing people will be around before 5am for marathon day :think Anyways, Bruegger's Bagels was smart enough to do so and they do have good coffee as well and of course it was quite busy in there!

We had our medical volunteer meeting at 6 then dispersed to our areas and then had another meeting. We had people start returning by 8:30 and coming through our tent (main medical tent at the end) for various reasons. We had about 40,000 runners and only about 100 sought care at the end. 7 of which were transported to hospitals, 2 of which refused going to the hospital and a couple left on crutches. Otherwise, it was a lot of icing, stretching, and just letting the body come back down from the high of the run. We were done around 2:30 and I took a slow walk home. Got back around 3, did my little bit of exercises that were on my list for yesterday, took a shower and then Ingrid and Averie were over to hang out so we all just relaxed and Bean made margaritas for cinco de mayo (sp?). Needless to say I went to bed early, but still feel groggy today. I'm thinking allergies since they were acting up the last 2 days. I usually just start to getting a nagging type of headache, but the last 2 days, I'm periodically having my eyes burning and itchy, watering to look like I'm sobbing! :eek

The cleaning people were in this morning. Now Sloan's at the office with me watching Jurassic Park since he has a 'free' day today from communion :shrug and Ingrid had to work. Tomorrow is Averie's talent show at school that I just found out about so will probably head there instead of meeting up with my chiro for my adjustment and lunch. Ummm, what else......I think that's about it for now.

Joanne - What did you have for your Mother's Day dinner?  My parents will be here next weekend and we'll celebrate at our house if it's ugly out or at Ingrid's if it's nice out (they have better outdoor space and we have better indoor space :lol )  WTG getting dd's bday present already and for the progress on your shawl!

Linda - I hope the rain has passed for you and glad you were careful getting home.  I enjoy support groups too :yes

Judy - I love chili!!

Cindy - Safe travels for your vacation.  Glad to hear your MIL is doing better!

Val - WTG on your laundry.  I did sheets today while the cleaning people were there.

Mary - Glad to hear dh can work from home and be PT.  That's a good compromise when someone doesn't really want to retire.

Good afternoon.  I'm planning a quiet day today after the busy weekend.  My second drop spindle purchase arrived in the mail today, so I may try it out on some of the new fiber I got a week or so ago.  Or maybe I'll work on one of the quilts.  Not sure yet.  And then again maybe I'll just read and snuggle with Sweet Pea.

Mary ~ Sounds like an ideal situation for DH to work from home part-time.  Glad your dad is stable for now. 

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful time on vacation!

Hi, Judy!

Marisa ~ I'm so glad the marathon went well.  Hope the day goes well for you.

Hi, to everyone else.  Hope the day and the week treat you well.  BBL

Archived