Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning all!

Linda, our Lucy used to go in her crate (when we used to have to do that) when we told her we were going to the store....they can be so smart when they want to be!

Cindy, there's something about the sun shining that gives me all that energy....it's so gorgeous this morning....and yesterday I sat out back as much as possible...what a blessing after all the dark, dreary days we had.

Off to my neighbor's this AM...next week we're having a baby shower for the youngest of our book club members and 3 of us are organizing it. She's the one I made the blue gingham for.

Later, gators!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House. ♥ 

Marlene ~ So sweet that Maya can spend more time with her cousins. :manyheart   I hope DS's ex is less of a problem now. 

Linda ~ I hope you have a great day at work!  I've been leaving Gracie a lot more lately with all the trips to my parents...she has been a very good girl. :lol   Years ago, our vet told me that they have no concept of time - not sure I believe that. ;)

Judy ~ Your neigborhood sounds so nice.  Have fun planning the baby shower. :)

We have an appointment with our son-in-law this afternoon.  He is a lawyer and is taking care of some updates for us...and refuses to accept any payment.  He said it's a payback for all the babysitting. :lol   I've not seen the boys often enough lately, but I think we're going to the Children's Museum on Friday.  They are leaving for South Padre Island Sunday for a whole week...we will be checking on their cats.

And YES!  I started another scarf yesterday afternoon. :hook

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good afternoon housemates!

Joanne, glad you made it to Boston safely.  Your dinner cruise sounds wonderful.

Marlene, I'm so glad Maya and Jocelyn will get to spend some time together celebrating her birthday.  My cousins are like my sisters.  Don't overdo your Spring cleaning.  Looking forward to seeing your new scarf.

Mary, I think that animals do have a sense of time.  Our cat, "MJ" starts crying (not meowing) when my nephew stays pass 8 hours on his job.  He goes and sits in front of the door to wait for him.  Jackson worked 7-4 yesterday, came home, went to bed and had to be back at midnight.  MJ did not like that.  He knows he's suppose toe home at night.  My sister says he was growling (sometimes he thinks he's a dog) and making a big fuss when I left to pick up Jackson.

Judy, your neighborhood does sound wonderful.  I like that togetherness.  What's Lucy up to?  I know Sparkie is pretty much laid back.

Linda, enjoy your time at work.  Sweet Pea is such a good pet.

Marisa, thinking of you!

Sherry, hope all is well and the moving is flowing smoothly.

Cindy, I need some energy as well. 

Our weather is cool and windy with overcast.  I think we're suppose to get rain in a day or so.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Not too much going on here today.  Yesterday was pretty busy and then after I finished up my work I exercised here before heading home.  I had a couple patients today and not much else.  I'm feeling a bit sluggish, but am going to workout again  before heading out for the night a bit later on.

Judy and Cindy - I really wouldn't say it's the adjusting that helped my mom out :think What I was doing is Applied Kinesiology, which follows Acupunture or Chinese Medicine procedures with alarm points, meridians, energy flow....that kind of thing.  So I worked on the points that showed up as being disrupted that correlate to the large intestine.  But, maybe it's enough to break her 'cycle' that she's stuck in :shrug  At least keep her comfortable while waiting for the cause of her problem to be cured :xfin

Mary - We still don't have the final paperwork signed by the county for the bridge, but it's looking like it'll be August.  Probably earlier in the month and should be up for about 4 weeks when it does go up.  Then when it comes down it's all being laundered (a company already volunteered that service) and donated to various places.....shelters, hospitals, goodwill, etc.

Joanne - Glad you made it safely to Mass!  When will you get to see dd?

Hi all,

Quick stop in before heading out for the dinner cruise. The first day of the conference went well, and was very informative.

Marisa- I'll see DD on Friday afternoon- she is working 1/2 day and I'll meet her where I usually do- which is right by two of my fav shops- Cambridge Naturals and the Porter Book Store!

The weather here is spectacular- an nice evening for a harbor cruise!

Have a good evening everyone!

Hi again!

The baby shower planning has gone well. It's one week from today.

Mary, Marisa, Val and Joanne - great to see all of you.

Mary, I had heard that about time and dogs....might be true because when I have to run back in the house if I've forgotten something before pulling out of the driveway Lucy is usually all over me as if I was gone for hours

Val, we've begun keeping our front door closed as well as one set of blinds facing the front of the house. Lucy has absolutely no control if she sees someone. She barks like a crazy dog and nothing we try penetrates. We won't ever get a shock collar, so we've had to adapt. She still bothers the heck out of Sparkie - usually when he's laying down and half asleep.... :lol

Linda, I hope you're not too tired after your 8 hour day!

Have a good night my friends.

Good evening everyone. It's been another really gorgeous day here. I've discovered that none of last years shirts, capris or shorts fit me, so I went shopping for some today. My size has gone from XL, sometimes even 1x to medium! Dh asked me why I didn't just order something on line, as he knows ho much I hate to shop. I told him I did not have any idea what size I was.

Joanne, hope you enjoy the cruise. My guess is that the conference is also on tomorrow?

Marisa, thanks for the explanation of what you did for your mom. I'd be interested to know how long the effects last.

Judy, Sophie acts like that too. She greets you as if you've been gone for days, no matter how long you are gone. However when we were kids we had a dog that would get my mom to let him outside every afternoon about 5 minutes before the school bus dropped us off. Seems like that dog must have had some sense of time.

Linda, hope work was fun today, and that you are not too tired.

Mary, the children's museum looks great. We have a children's museum her but its not as neat as that one. The boys still like it though, although I think they prefer the zoo.

Val, are you feeling better? What are you working on?

Marlene, have you been enjoying this gorgeous weather?

Sherry, are you all set for the move?

Tomorrow both DD's and I are going to go garage saling. Dd#1 wants clothes for the boys, dd#2 is planning on moving into an apartment with a friend in a month or so. She is hoping to find stuff for setting up house. I recently took a bunch of dishes and flatware to Goodwill, because she said she wouldn't need those things for a few years yet.. She was planning to stay here until she was finished with grad school, but she has decided she can afford to live on her own.

Hi, all.  Had a busy day at work and sold the most I've sold yet.  Lots of people buying all sorts of things.  Eight hours today on top of six hours yesterday has left me tired, but a good night's sleep should help a lot. 

I'm not so sure about dogs not having a sense of time passing.  We had a Llahsa that knew to the minute when the school bus was due to drop my son and daughter off from junior high.  He'd go to the door to greet them every day.  I'm totally convinced that Sweet Pea knows the sound of my car from the others that park out front.  She always greets me at the door with her tail wagging.

Sounds like a great neighborhood, Judy.  I'm sure the shower will be great.

Hope the dinner cruise is wonderful, Joanne.

Marisa, I think there is a lot more to the Chinese methods and acupuncture than most of us westerners realize. 

I think I'm heading for bed early tonight.  Have a good one. 

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I've been enjoying this weather. This is what are winter was like.

Linda, I hope your day went by fast so it didn't seem like you've been all day. Sweet Pea is being a good girl.

Judy, I agree you live in a great neighborhood.

Mary, The boys will enjoy there time at the museum.

Val, I hope your continuing to feel better.

Joanne, Enjoy your week away.

Marisa, It's kind of a shame that you guys are putting all this work into doing the bridge and then it will only be up for a month. I hope your Mom continues to getting better.

No cleaning done here today. I paid bills then we went to get groceries. We had to get the plate for the motorcycle to. And since I just had my birthday I decided to check my license and see when it expires. It was expired. 

Tomorrow hubby golfs, I want to go to a couple of garage sales in the morning then I have a dentist appt for my cleaning.

I hope everyone has a great thursday!

Good morning,

The dinner cruise was very nice- and what views and a gorgeous sunset! We all had a great time!

Cindy- Congrats on going down to a size M! :clap  that's awesome!!! I chuckled when I read how you just recently donated household things to good will because DD said she wouldn't need them for a few years! Isn't that always the way. Hope you all have good luck at the garage sales!

Judy- I'm sure that your baby blanket is going to be the hit at the baby shower!

Linda- I hope you got a good night's rest after the two long days! I would do anything to work 6 hours one day, 8 the next- I can't remember the last time I only put in an 8 hour day! LOL You will adapt to your new schedule all in good time! Kudos for selling so much yesterday!

Marlene- Hope the dentist visit today is painless. Even for teeth cleaning, I have them put something on to numb it a bit. I must remember to schedule a cleaning when I return home.

Val, Mary, Marisa and all- have a good day! It's another beautiful one here in Beantown and supposed to be nice all weekend!!! Time to head down to breakfast and then the conference.

Good morning, just about to get up here. I want to wash and hang a load of laundry before dd arrives for our garage saling adventure. There is rain in the forecast, but right now it is clear and sunny, so maybe it will pass us by.

Enjoy the day!

Well it's cold again here--snowing in the panhandle and coming this way.  don't think we'll get snow but who knows with this crazy weather!!! 

Things are going well--I'm not all packed up but hopefully my helpers on Saturday will finish it up and get it all moved.  We did move all the boxes that were packed, so they are waiting for me at the new house!  Tonight we'll move all the electronics since they will be hooking up the new service tomorrow at the new house.  So no computer tonight or until late tomorrow.  I'm off work tomorrow so I can wait for all the installers to get there but I'll be busy unpacking.

Well, I'd better go and get busy, a long day ahead!  Hugs to all!!!

Good morning!  I have to run some errands today and have Prayer Shawl group tonight.  It's overcast, windy, and cool here.  Got paid yesterday which is going to help with the bills that I'm behind on and pays for a spindle, too, my reward.

Enjoy the rest of the seminar, Joanne.  And enjoy your time with DD the rest of the weekend.

Sherry, wishing you well with the moving and packing/unpacking.  Hope the snow stays away.

Judy, Mary, Val, Marisa, Marlene, Cindy, Christi, and Jeannie ~ Hoping you all have a good day and that the weather co-operates with your activities.  :ghug 

Hi, ladies!

I got this pic as a surprise on FB....tested the pattern and gave it to the new mom up the street! She finally fits in it!

post-8552-0-96179800-1367507993_thumb.jpg

Need to dash -- was already planting ground cover and I have a hair appointment - but need another shower first!  Later, gators!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I went to the gym this morning and watched 2 episodes of Hell's Kitchen from the DVR.  Stopped for gas on my way and now here I am....for a little while now, checked email and FB before I got here.  I have a new patient coming in about an hour, which makes # 80 for me....now I guess we start the countdown to 100 although it'll still be a few months.  KtB for bits and pieces is tonight and oh crap!!!  I just realized I missed a meeting this morning :eek  Oh well, I'll send the lady an email....it was only to brainstorm to help with an event so at least it wasn't anything critical :whew

Cindy - Well, my mom seems to be slowly increasing the amount of bathroom trips and today will be 4 days without the AK stuff :shrug  So, I'm not thinking she'll make it the next week and half being somewhat controlled or reasonable comfortable :think  WTG on the weight loss, I know how you feel about needing new things though!  Have fun at the garage sales.

Linda - I bet sweet pea is always happy to have you home :manyheart  Glad to hear work is going so well!

Marlene - WTG getting things taken care of, definitely get your license renewed!  Good luck with the unpacking.

Joanne - Have fun at your conference, I hope you learn something good :yes

Sherry - :eek snow!  And I was just thinking on my way here today that it was already too hot for me!!!  I hope your move goes smoothly.

Judy - How cute :manyheart  I saw the pic on FB earlier but just thought you shared it.  Have fun pampering your head :lol

Good afternoon housemates!

Cindy, hope you had fun garage saling. 

Marisa, glad your mom had some good days at least.  Praying she'll get a break through soon.

Joanne, glad you had fun on the cruise.  Sounds wonderful.  Enjoy your time with DD.

Marlene, glad you discovered that you needed new license plates before the police stopped you.

Sherry, sympathizing with you and the move.  I still have boxes and I moved in October.

Mary, hope all is well with you.

Linda, you're right...it's down right chilly here.  There's rain in the forecast for the weekend.  I hope you got some rest from your two long days.

Judy, I saw the picture on FB and thought it was just a share.  You did a great job!

Jeannie & Christi, thinking of you.

I'm working on a Bama ghan.  I still need to put the face on the dog hat in that diaper set.  I have 2 more monkey hats I need to face and I completed a little pink beanie with a blue flower.  Not really feeling crochet mojo...mind running with a lot or wanna do's yet knowing I need to finish up what I've already started.

Well, off I go...

Enjoy this evening!

Thanks, ladies...it was such a surprise to see the baby in it!

My hair is more brown now, but with high and Low lights....loving it! The red had gotten too coppery and I didn't like it with my skin tone.....

Have a good night my friends!

Hi

Judy- Love that cute mermaid outfit- and the baby that is modeling your work of art is so adorable! I am not red anymore either- LOL I am more of a brown with some highlights! I like it better- and it seems to work better with my skin tone as well.

Sherry- Good luck getting all the techy stuff  hooked up in your new house. You must be so excited to be moving into your new home!

Cindy and Marlene- Did you have any luck at your respective garage saling?

Val-I'm cheering you on to  get some of your crochet mojo back! I finished the green infinity scarf, but not feeling like working on the shawl for my co-worker. I may start something else tonight just don't know what!

Linda-Hope you enjoyed your day off today

I can't believe about all the snow I'm reading about in the midwest- seriously this is crazy weather. Today was gorgeous here, now it is overcast and a little cooler. Hoping for a good weekend- Can't wait till tomorrow when I'll see my DD!!!

The rest of the conference was good and I'm glad I came.

Have a good night everyone!

Hi, Joanne. Dd bought a really nice drop leaf table with two chairs for only $35. Later we saw another set, that looked nearly the same for $75, so I think she did well. I only bought a heavy blue vase. Other dd found lots of boys clothes as well as quite a few books, both for herself, and for the boys.

I need to make a start on vacation packing, since I am working this weekend, and dh wants to leave Monday morning.

As for that snow, hopefully it stays away from here. It's a lot cooler here than it was this morning, but it's still pretty nice.

Good night everyone.

Good evening.  I'm about to head for bed.  I've felt nauseated and just rather icky all day.  Went to the bank and to Walmart, where I spent $100 on meds.  Yikes!  :eek   But I'm set until next month now.  Got Sweet Pea dog food as she was almost out and a couple of other things, then called it quits and came home and essentially hibernated.  I had gotten a drop spindle on eBay last week and was not happy with it, so I did an experiment and fixed it.  Yay!  :yay   Not it works right and I've started a little yarn on it.  I was so disappointed the first time I tried it and I'm so happy that it now works.

Sounds like lots going on today with all of you.

Hi, ladies!

I got this pic as a surprise on FB....tested the pattern and gave it to the new mom up the street! She finally fits in it!

That is absolutely adorable!  :cheer 

Hope you all have a good night.  :hug 

Good morning!

Cindy- That's a great deal on the table that your DD got! Sounds like the garage saleing was a success!!! Hope you got your packing done and that your work weekend goes by quickly!

Linda- I'm happy that you were able to get the drop spindle to work the way you wanted it to!!! That must have helped your spirits after feeling generally icky all day! Did your DD get a lot of snow yesterday? I was reading about all the snow in the midwest and Iowa was one of the states! Crazy in May!

Shelly Hope all went well yesterday and that you are doing your exercises despite all that is going on with the move. Hope that the brace is doing what it needs to do.

Mary, Marlene, Marisa, Val, Judy and everyone===Make it a great Friday! So excited to be meeting up with my DD later!!!

morning, peeps!

Linda, rest up today :hug

Marlene, I hope you're doing ok....

Joanne, enjoy your time with DD!!

Hi to everyone else...after doing a few things here after lunch we'll be going to DS's office to check out the changes he made and see the digital xRay machine he now has. He's so excited about it!

BBL!

Mom's memorial service and burial in Wadena, Iowa are this morning, so I'm a little down.  But I know she's in a better place.  It's so final, is all.  The end of that generation for our family, if not necessarily for the very extended family of all the cousins.  Although even there, she's one of the last.  I guess I'm just not ready to be the oldest yet.  :cry   She's always been there.  Dad's been gone for 26 years.  Now they're together again.

Sorry.  Hope you all have a great Friday.  :ghug

Linda ~ Oh, I know today must be very hard for you. :hug   I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Judy ~ Little Miss Mermaid is just adorable. :c9   Your work is lovely!

I'm so sorry that I haven't kept up too well.  We ended up going to the museum yesterday, so I'm home today.  Zach slept in his stroller and Luke and a little friend had a ball! 

Dad isn't doing as well as he was - the physical therapist called and said he refused therapy this a.m. :(   DH and I will probably go down tomorrow.

Off to the desk!

Archived