Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I managed to fritter my day away without accomplishing a whole lot, but that's okay.

Cindy ~ The hot tub sounds so nice!  I like that scarf pattern and am thinking about widening to make it into a shawl.

Joanne ~ Sounds like you and the family had a good day.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon housemates!

I'm glad you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Not much going on here.

Cindy, That is a beautiful scarf.  Glad you're getting to have a nice vacation.

Linda, your weekend sounds like you got some quality rest time doing what you wanted to do.

Joanne, I'm so glad you had time with at least 2 of you DDs.  Sounds like you had the best weekend ever...2 weekends in a row.

Judy, your yard is so pretty.

Marlene, what you got on the hook?

Marisa, I hope all is going well with your mom's dr's visit.  Praying!

Sherry, praying for your strength as you go through this heavy load in your life at the moment.

Well, I guess I've procrastinate enough...on with the laundry!

BBL!

Have a good afternoon all :ghug .

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!  We had a great weekend.  Did some errands yesterday during which we stopped at dairy queen....mom's request for mother's day.  We had dinner at home since she HATES going out to eat on mother's day just due to everywhere being insanely busy.  Ingrid and her family came over for a bit.  We went to the new doc this morning and he was really nice, pretty young too.  He spent a good hour and a half with us and we never once felt rushed in any way.  He wants to try a new medication to treat the ulcerative colitis and then address the c diff after the UC gets somewhat under control.  He thinks that after so long and taking the c diff meds, that the bigger problem in the UC.  Said she could test positive for the c diff for the rest of her life.  So we'll see.  I guess the med doesn't really take full effect for about 3-4 months but she'll probably start to feel some improvement after about a month.  Since she has the worst trouble with the tapering of the steroid, he's going to keep her on it during the next couple months until this new med really gets into her system, but not at the doses she's been at.  He said it'll be easier getting off it if there's some improvement to the colon first.  So we'll see.  Since he's thinking that by now the UC is the bigger problem, he's not comfortable going straight to the fecal transplant, which as of last week is apparently being subject to FDA approval and he needs to phone them to figure out what that's all about since he received an email about it just last Wednesday, but that it was not conclusive to whatever standards they are placing :think  So we still don't have many answers.  She'll be getting weekly blood work and they'll be watching the numbers to determine her dosage.  So, only time will tell :xfin

Joanne - WTG making progress on your garage.  DD will be excited about the iPad.

Judy - How great to get a set of new needles that were your friend's moms.  Love the pictures of the yard!

Marlene - I bet that baby ghan is going to be gorgeous!

Linda - Sorry your computer was being fussy.  Glad to hear that work was busy....helps to pass the time.

Sherry - I hope the week isn't quite as crazy as you expect :hug

Cindy - It was quite chilly here this weekend as well.  My aunt called my mom this morning and said there were flurries back home!  Very pretty scarf.

Val - I hope your laundry doesn't take all day.

Marisa, it's wonderful finding a doctor who is so easy to work with! I hope his approach works....

A busy day here....CU all tomorrow sometime!

Hi all,

Busy day- and then I stopped at DD's house on the way home to drop something off that they needed. Then ended up playing with Ryan for a bit and now I'm home- another night of not making it to craft club.

Marisa- Fingers crossed and positive thoughts that all works out for your Mom! I'm glad that the doctor took so much time and it'll be interesting to find out what the FDA is saying about the fecal transplant.

Val- Hope you got all your laundry done- not my favorite job- but definitely not the worst!

Hope the rest of the house had a great day.

Hi Ladies,

Val, I'm going to be starting a baby blanket. I need to make those two scarves for Maya's friends to before school lets out.

Marisa, It's nice the doctor could spend so much time with you guys. I hope his approach will help if not work.

Cindy, That's a pretty scarf and it would be a pretty shawl to. We had snow drops here yesterday afternoon for a short time.

Linda, It sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday.

Judy, Hope you got everything done you need to.

Joanne, It sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday to.

We didn't do anything yesterday. I did talk to the kids and Maya and her sister Elaina. I did have one of my favorite meals though, chicken fajitas. We went to the mexican restaurant last thursday and we had some leftovers (which has some of the juice and spices) so we added more chicken.

Today i've been doing laundry. I had some paper work to take care of and pay some bills. Tomorrow will be an early day. Hubby has a doctor appt at the UofM.

I hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Hi all - this week is going to be crazy.  After redoing 3 cards (for the pews), I get to redo them again--sigh.  Would have been nice to know that before I did it--it could have waited but boss wants them done for this Sunday (their first Sunday together as the new congregation).  There were things said at a meeting last night that leads me to believe there may be changes coming in my job--which hasn't been discussed with me.  Not sure what is up but I really wish they'd tell me what's going on.  so prayers would be appreciated so I know what to do. 

Have a dr appointment today.  Will see what he says.  Still can't stay in that stupid brace for 6-8 hours but I'm up to 4.  Hopefully it's helping.  I hope I don't have to go for more PT. 

Marisa - hope the new dr works out good for your mom.  I think we've gone from winter to summer--the highs this week are in the 90's.  Hope it's not an indication of another hot summer.  

Joanne - hope your week is going well.

Well I'd better get busy and get to work!!  have a great day all!

Good Morning, House. :manyheart   I haven't run away from home yet! ;)   I've just read through all your posts...keeping fingers crossed that things stay calm for at least a few days.  Dad was back in the hospital for two days and is now back at the nursing center.  I have a cleaning service coming tomorrow to do a walk through...if I like them, I'll schedule that and doggie day care for the same days.  Just having my house like I like it will make me feel better. :yes

I'm driving DH to his office this a.m. - it's 50 miles each way, but for now he only needs to go once a week or so.  I'll take my crochet bag and hope I remember the scarf pattern! :lol

Sorry this is all about me...I miss you guys and love reading about everything that is going on with you. :ghug  Take care!

Good morning housemates :hi

Just a quick check in while in between patients here.  As always, I have paperwork that needs to be tended.  Otherwise, it's a pretty low key day here.  After my next patient, I'm going to put the turtles in their feeding tank to eat.  Didn't want to do that while patients are here though.  I'm so excited to have them here and the my first patient today loved that they are here! :lol

I'll check back a bit later :hug

Had a nice day yesterday and work this afternoon.  I finished the top of John's quilt and the backing for it as well.  That just leaves cutting the blanket I'm using as the batting to size and it will finally be ready to put together and quilt.  :yay  

I read all the posts but not sure that I remember everything I wanted to comment on.

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you had such a good time with the DDs.  And hooray for time with Ryan yesterday.

Mary ~ Continuing to send prayers for you and your family.

Marisa ~ Hooray for having your turtles back with you.  I'm so glad that the doctor took so much time with you and has a plan of action.  Hoping and praying that things will now start to improve for your mom.  I know that has to be very hard on all of you.  It's been going on for so long now.  Prayers continuing.  :hug

Sherry ~ Hope the changes to your job will be good ones and that the transition will be a relatively smooth one.  Hope the doctor visit has good news.

Had a wonderful visit with DD on the phone on Sunday.  I'm so proud of her and what a good mom she is.  Also talked to GS who is looking forward to my visit this summer.  As am I.

Hope you all have a great day.  :manyheart

Good afternoon housemates!

Joanne, sorry you had to miss craft club but glad you got time with Ryan.  I hope paradise is being kind to you today.

Mary, don't appologize for life.  We're here for you.  I hope the cleaning service works out.  I hired a maid when I was working on my master's degree and working...let her clean once.  She did a great job but she didn't put everything back as it was.  I had an expensive ceramic bird that fell of the shelf and broke because of that.  Continously, lifting you and your dad up in prayer.

Linda, I'm glad you're getting to see your dd and gs annually.  Looking forward to pictures of your quilts.  Have you heard from Rosie and John?

Marlene, I bet Maya is counting down the days til she can get back to your house.  We got good news today, Jaleia Mare passed her crc exams and will be going to the 4th grade.  We were slightly worried because she is not a good test taker.  My sister told her she'd pick her up for Bama next weekend.  School is out here a week from Thursday!

Marisa, This doctor sounds like he is genuinely concerned.  Continuously, praying that this is the solution for your mom.  I bet your patients are going to enjoy your turtles.  I'm glad you got your babies there with you.

Sherry, Just remember that "No weapon formed against you shall prosper."  I'm touching and agreeing with you in prayer that whatever is going on, it's good.  Also, if it's not, God has your back.  Praying for peace for you in this area until you know the deal.

Judy, hope all is well with you and yours.  :ghug

Sending hugs to all that need it :ghug .

Hi all,

Mary- Hope it works out with the cleaning service and doggy day care. That will take a load of you! Did you remember the scarf pattern today?

Sherry- Hugs and prayers that things work out with the job- it's very disconcerting to not know what is going on. How'd it go at the doctor appointment today?

I had another busy day- I feel like I'm on the verge of burnout- there is just so much to do and so little time/resources to get it done. And to think I just had some time off to visit my DD in Boston-guess it wasn't enough time off work! LOL

Hope you are all doing well!

Linda, Val and Marisa- somehow I missed your posts after I posted--but just went back and read them!

Linda- WTG on the quilt!

Marisa- I'm glad you have your pet turtles back with you and I'm sure they will be a hit with your patients!

Val- Congrats to Jaleia Mare!!! Great news!

Work was very quiet today.  I picked out a book from those we carry, bought it, and made good headway on it in between the customers. 

Judy ~ That is a lovely bookmark.

Joanne ~ I can certainly understand your break not really being enough with all the stress at work.

Mary ~ Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Val ~ Hooray for Jaleia Mare!

I'm going to grab some supper and relax for a while.

Hugs to all.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I hope the cleaning ladies and the doggy day care work out for you. Prayers for you and your family.

Val, Congraulations to Jaleia Mare! I bet she is ready to go to Bama to. How long will she be staying? Maya is excited to come and Grandpa told her he has her fishing pole ready for her.

Sherry, I'll be praying for you that all is good news on the job front. The unknown is so unsettling. How was your doctor appt today?

Joanne, Sorry your time away last week wasn't long enough.

Judy, The angel is perfect.

Linda, Congrats for getting so much done on John's quilt. I bet DD and DGS can hardly wait for  you to go there.

Marisa, Everyone is going to enjoy your turtles.

Hubby has to go back for a test in June. It's a mamometry. There going to be checking his esophagus to see if it is having spasms. They increased his omeprazole to 6 a day from 4.

On are way back we stopped to visit some friends. He and hubby use to work together.

My SIL's Dad died last night. She's the only girl. I know her heart is broken. Her Mom has passed on and Jane would take her Dad to Florida, some years she would go down for Christmas and she would fly down in the spring and bring him home.

I hope everyone has a lovely wednesday!

Marlene - so sorry for your SIL's loss. 

Joanne - hope all is going well in paradise today.

Linda - you got a lot done on your quilt. 

Judy - cute angel book mark.  What pattern did you use?  That would make cute Christmas gifts.

Valerie - thanks for the reminder.  I shall remember that when things get tough.

Thanks to all for your prayers.  Yesterday wasn't a good day...not sure today will be much better.  Dr appt was good--I go back in a month (still have to the do brace) but no physical therapy.  I still will do my exercises but I don't have to go in for knee CPR any more.  Knee is much straighter than it was 3 weeks ago.

Well I need to get ready for work!  Have a great day all!! Hugs to all.

Good morning.  Today is my long day at work so this will be short.  Wishing your all a good day.

Sherry ~ That's good news from the doctor.  Way to go, gal.

Marlene ~ I'm sure both you and Maya can hardly wait.  That's so neat that you get to spend so much time with her during the summer.  What a special relationship your have.

Have to run.  See you after work.

I got the pattern from Marlo's Crochet Corner - for some reason I'm not able to put a link here for it.

Hi all,

Another L O N G day in Paradise so this is going to be short and sweet!

Our deck was stained today and looks so nice- it was nice to see it all ready for the summer!

Linda and Sherry- Hope your day at work was better than mine :)

Marlene- Prayers for your SIL and good luck to DH when he goes for his test. Bet you can't wait for Maya!! And I'm sure your DH can't wait to take her fishing!

Cindy- Are you back from vacation?

Val, Judy, Marisa, Mary- and everyone- have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Welcome home!

Sherry, Good news from the doctor.

Linda, Sherry and Joanne I hope you have a good rest of your work week.

Mary, Val, Judy and Marisa--Thinking of you. Hope you had a good to.

I talked to my Mom today. She called to tell me when the funeral is. She said I would of called you last night after my brother called her at 8:00 but she didn't know if I was up or not. I said you mean this morninging and she said no last night.I've told two of my siblings about it. I said I'm going to ask my brother she lives with if he thinks she is doing okay. I haven't gone to bed at 8:00 since I was a kid in elementary school. I hope it's only a senior moment.

Hubby has an appt for a check up on his new hearing aids tomorrow afternoon. So we will be staying over night with my sister. And go to the funeral friday. So I probably won't be on until friday night.

Hubby isn't golfing with his brothers any more. He's mad at one of them. Blows my whole thursdays. He's going to golf at the course right across the street. They have a league that people just show up at 9 on thursday mornings and they draw names and match you up. I'm not happy with his decision. It effects me and his Mom. I wish his family knew how to get mad and get over it.

I hope you guys have a great thursday and friday!

Welcome back, Cindy!

Marlene, I hope your mom's okay.  :hug   Keeping your family in my prayers.  :hug   Hope the check-up on hubby's hearing aids goes smoothly and everything is good.

Work was slow for most of the day today, but Frank brought in a load of new dresses, so we were both busy for about an hour and a half hanging them up and getting them priced.  They are super pretty.  It got busier toward the end of the day.  I had a pair of ladies come in who spoke very little English, but I still managed to communicate with them.  They bought about 30 pens.  Then they were looking at the jewelry and I got it across to them that the jewelry was 50% off, so they went back to shopping.  :D   It's endlessly fascinating to see what people buy.  So much of the time it's totally not what I would expect them to purchase.  :lol   I visit with them and am trying to make a personal contact with them, and it's working.  The ladies who spoke minimal English all said thank you to me when I left work and were happy.  That's what brings them back.  Frank came out several times to check on things and I was right there each time, working with the customers and keeping things in control. I have to double check discounts and prices less and less each day.  Make me happy.

Hope tomorrow is a better day, Joanne.  At least you are now on the downslope of the week.  :hug

Archived