Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies. :manyheart   I hope it's a good Monday for you all!

Valerie ~ Oh, take care of you and feel better soon. :hug

Marlene ~ I was so sorry to read about your friend's passing.  Those kind of phone calls are never easy. :(  I'm glad you had a good birthday! :yes

Linda ~ Please send some rain our way - it's been hot and dry here and it's not even May.  :hot   

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you are finally able to enjoy the outdoors again!

Hi to all of my friends at Our House. :ghug

What is everyone working on?

Dad is amazing - he is doing really well!  My sisters and I are praying he will agree to stay at "the Home" because he should never live alone at home - and having my brother there doesn't count. :no   If things stay like they are, I think going twice a week is plenty.  His mail is being forwarded to me temporarily, so the bills are paid on time, etc. 

My house, yard and crocheting have all been neglected - the neighbors are asking when I'll be planting flowers. :lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary -

I hope your dad agrees to stay in full time care. :hug

And I printed out that pattern - it's a gorgeous blanket! Did you use a bigger hook?

Wow... Zack looks so precious! :manyheart

Linda, enjoy your book :)

Off I go...

I had a great day at work today. Now I'm off until Saturday. Well, except for a short meeting Wednesday morning.

We are going on vacation next week. We don't have any firm plans, except for visiting with my siblings and then seeing what else we can find to do and see. We're pretty easy going, we like to hike and see the sights. We don't require much in the way of actual entertainment. We will go to Niagara Falls, because my sister lives near there.

I'm still knitting on my scarf, and am hoping to have it finished before we leave.

Marlene, sorry to hear about your friends passing.

Linda, I read much of yesterday too. I hope to finish the book this evening. I'd like to start another book, but I should probably resist. I have cleaning and vacation packing to do this week. Ever since I got a Nook and a Kindle, I've had tons of reading material. Amazon has new free books every day, so I often pick up free books. Lots are self published and many are not worth reading, and I delete in that case. However, quite a number of them are interesting and well written. Barnes and Noble has way fewer free books, but they lean more heavily toward established publishers. I have Nook and Kindle apps on both of my iPads as well as on my iphone so I always have reading material handy.

Good evening ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

I just breezed through the posts again, but am back in Pitt now so should get back on track tomorrow :xfin I got back around 4 and then unpacked at home then came here to unpack and get things ready for tomorrow, it will be reasonably busy :clap

Well, my mom has had all good mornings and today only ran to the bathroom 2x! Thursday morning she didn't make it to the toilet in time :( and that morning and prior she was going 8-12 times through the morning before her gut would calm down. So we started our playing around Thursday night and I think Thurs through Sun she went about 4x each morning, but made it every time. Today she only went 2x this morning and we even went out to breakfast. AND, she didn't even take any imodium today! So we'll now see how she does for the next 2 weeks before this dr. I don't know how long the treatments we were doing will 'hold'. But we did skip Saturday and she still did well on Sunday so :xfin

Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm back home now :hug

Oh and Mary, that picture of Zach is just too cute :manyheart

Marlene - :birthday belated (although I think I was on time on FB :lol )

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Busy week ahead for you. Thanks for the birthday wish.

Mary, Beautiful blanket! Zach is a cutie! And six months already. Time flys. I hope your Dad will stay at the home

Linda, Enjoy your reading.

Val, I hope you fell better real soon.

Chrisie, Hi!

Marisa, Thanks for the birthday wishes. It sounds like your treatment on your Mom sure helped her.

Cindy, Enjoy your vacation!

Judy, I did a load of laundry here to.

Joanne, I hope you got out of work early enough to go to craft club tonight.

Besides the load of laundry I am doing some spring cleaning. Everything is gathering in are dining room to wait it's turn to find it's place. After being gone for 3 months you come and see lots of things that need attention and wonder where to start first. So I kind of bounced around today. I'll be back at it tomorrow to. Hope everyone has a nice night.

Hi, all.  Got 4 loads of laundry done in 1 1/2 hours at the laudrymat.  It sure goes much faster there, and it wasn't as busy today as it was when I went on the weekend.  Needed  underwear for work tomorrow.  :lol

Mary, I can't believe that Zach is already 6 months old.  He's certainly a sweety.  Love the blanket.  :clap   :clap

Hi, Christi!

Sounds like you'll have lots of fun, whatever you decide to do on your vaction next week, Cindy.

I'm really glad your mom responded so well to what you tried while you were there, Marisa.  Hope it continues to help now that you are back home.

Hope you feel better soon, Val.  :hug

:manyheart

Hi all,

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go. I'm going into work for a few hours, then heading up to the conference.

Mary- Love how that blanket turned out- beautiful! And Zach, well, what can I say? He's a real cutie! Hope your Dad goes back to the home-

Cindy- Oh, vacation time coming up! Have fun whatever you decide to do!!

Marlene- I need to get some spring cleaning done- but not till I get home from Boston!  It's amazing how things start to pile up! Good luck with the rest of what you have to get done.

Linda- Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow!

Marisa- I'll keep fingers crossed that your Mom continues to feel better. And that the doctor appt in a couple weeks gives her some answers!!!

Judy- Anything on your hooks? I'm going to do the Shawl CAL here on the ville. I picked Graceful Shells, but I was intrigued by others.

Off to get some rest- it'll be a long day tomorrow

A quick Good Morning!  Another busy day!!  Today IS the day!!!  We are signing the closing papers this afternoon!!!!  And of course, we have a big funeral scheduled for this afternoon but I can't change the closing, so they will just have to manage without me.  Got my brace last night.  Will wear it before bedtime for the next 4 days and then I get to sleep in it.  Was told if I'm in pain to lessen the tension on it.  So far so good on the pain but I was in it just for an hour last night.  will have time to crochet or read tonight as I have to be in it for 3 hours.

Marisa - good news on your mom, hope it continues.  Glad you are home!

Mary - What a cutie you have!!  Afghan is beautiful!

Joanne - Enjoy your conference!  Hope you're able to rest some as well.

Linda - Glad you got your laundry done!!  Gotta have those unmentionables :)

Well, I'd better go and get ready.  gonna try to be at work early since I have to be off this afternoon--I get more done before the boss gets in.

Everyone have a great day today!!!  Hugs to all!!

Hi, Sherry! You sound like a good patient....using the brace, etc....

Cindy - have a great, relaxing vacation!

Val, I hope you're feeling better. :hug

Well, my mom has had all good mornings and today only ran to the bathroom 2x! Thursday morning she didn't make it to the toilet in time :( and that morning and prior she was going 8-12 times through the morning before her gut would calm down. So we started our playing around Thursday night and I think Thurs through Sun she went about 4x each morning, but made it every time. Today she only went 2x this morning and we even went out to breakfast. AND, she didn't even take any imodium today! So we'll now see how she does for the next 2 weeks before this dr. I don't know how long the treatments we were doing will 'hold'. But we did skip Saturday and she still did well on Sunday so :xfin

That's such great news about your mom!! How does her doctor feel about chiro, though? Some aren't fans of it to put it mildly....even if the evidence of it's efficacy is staring them in the face!

Besides the load of laundry I am doing some spring cleaning. Everything is gathering in are dining room to wait it's turn to find it's place. After being gone for 3 months you come and see lots of things that need attention and wonder where to start first. So I kind of bounced around today. I'll be back at it tomorrow to. Hope everyone has a nice night.

Spring cleaning....everyone around us is doing it too - their garages, it seems. When I went to schedule a bulk trash pick up for us yesterday, the appointment was for a month from now!

Hi, all.  Got 4 loads of laundry done in 1 1/2 hours at the laudrymat.  It sure goes much faster there, and it wasn't as busy today as it was when I went on the weekend.  Needed  underwear for work tomorrow.  :lol

Hmmm.... might not be comfy going commando :lol  :lol

Laundromats have such great high efficiency machines it does go fast!

Judy- Anything on your hooks? I'm going to do the Shawl CAL here on the ville. I picked Graceful Shells, but I was intrigued by others.

I have the graph bear ghan going right now. And I voted my choice in the shawl CAL...if the lace one wins I may not have the patience to do it, however,  because I STILL have a thread one (butterfly) as a WIP :P

Have a good day at work.

CU all later....

Good afternoon housemates,

Just got up.  Thanks for your concern.  Feeling a little better but not 100%.

Mary, I love your projects.  Zach is so handsome and growing so fast.  I hope things go well for your dad's situation.

Marisa, I'm so happy for your mom.  I hope that this improvement continues for your mom.

Joanne, Praying traveling grace for you.  Enjoy your conference and time with DD.

Sherry, I hope the brace works for your leg.  Wishing you well with your closing and moving.

Cindy, I hope you have a wonderful vacation.  It sounds like fun...just going and being.

Judy, Waiting for pictures of your new afghan.

Marlene, I hope you get all your cleaning done so you can relax and crochet.

Linda, that's the only thing I do like about the laundromat...it all get done quickly.

Enjoy your afternoon housemates!

BBL!

Hi all.  It's almost time to head to work.  I did a trim on my hair this morning to get it off my neck.  It feels a lot better.  May have to do a little evening out tonight, but it feels pretty good, just one section that feels a bit long in the middle.

I too voted on the shawl cal.  I think my favorite is in third place right now, but I like the two that are in the lead.  There were just two that I didn't like and one of those hasn't received any votes at all and the other is near the bottom, so don't think I'll have to worry too much about them.

Hi all,

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go. I'm going into work for a few hours, then heading up to the conference.

Hope you have a great trip.  Give DD a hug from all of us.  :ghug 

A quick Good Morning!  Another busy day!!  Today IS the day!!!  We are signing the closing papers this afternoon!!!!  And of course, we have a big funeral scheduled for this afternoon but I can't change the closing, so they will just have to manage without me.  Got my brace last night.  Will wear it before bedtime for the next 4 days and then I get to sleep in it.  Was told if I'm in pain to lessen the tension on it.  So far so good on the pain but I was in it just for an hour last night.  will have time to crochet or read tonight as I have to be in it for 3 hours.

Well, I'd better go and get ready.  gonna try to be at work early since I have to be off this afternoon--I get more done before the boss gets in.

Everyone have a great day today!!!  Hugs to all!!

Hooray!  Hope all goes well with the signing.  I'm glad the knee brace is going smoothly so far.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  BBL  :manyheart 

Good afternoon, everyone.  Thank you so much for the compliments.♥  Zach and Luke are so different!  Zach is built like a miniature football linebacker (95th percentile in height and weight!). :lol   Luke is very lean and average height.  Luke loves his "Baby Z"  and keeps him entertained quite often.

Hi Christi!  Thank you and it's so nice to see your post! :yes

Sherry ~ 'Happy New Home' day is here! :cheer   I hope closing goes smoothly and you'll be able to get in after that!

Valerie ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better. :manyheart  

Judy ~ Yes, I used an "I" hook instead of H. The pattern was fun to make, except for weaving in all those pesky tails. ;)   Can't wait to see your newest graph 'ghan!

Marisa ~ I hope your mom continues to improve.  She must be so worn out after all this time. :hug   Have they set a final date for the bridge project?

Cindy ~ Your vacation plans sound great - I love taking unscheduled side trips and just relaxing. :)

Joanne ~ Safe travels and have fun with your DD.

Linda ~ I hope your work day is a good one!   Looking forward to seeing what shawl pattern you all will be working on.

I've been gone since about 8, so I'd better get something done.  May start another scarf later. :idea   Have a great afternoon! :manyheart

Marlene ~ How is Maya?  I hope your "rearranging" is  going okay. :)   My sister and BIL used to own a marina at the coast and every year they would leave Dallas the day after Christmas for several months.  She always came home to Christmas decorations and lots to do. :yes

Hi all,

I'm safe and sound in Mass! Going to relax tonight and crochet and watch a little tv after getting something to eat from the hotel restaurant. The weather is beautiful and the drive went well until the last 45 minutes or so of traffic. Tomorrow will be a long day with the conference starting at 8- and dinner is a Boston harbor cruise which should be nice. Then more work Thursday all day and after that, I'm on vacation and will meet up with DD mid day on Friday!

Val- glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Linda- Hope you have a good day at work!

Sherry- Congrats on the closing!!!! Hope the brace does what its supposed to do!! Very exciting purchasing a home--but not so exciting the moving part.

Mary- So, did you start a scarf?

I brought two wips up with me- one is the green infinity I"m making for my middle DD and the other is a very basic triangle shawl with Red Heart Shimmer that I'm giving to a co-worker- just because she's been such a great asset to the project! I'm going to surprise her with it on Tuesday when I return to work.

Marisa- Hope your Mom is still doing well--and you must have had a busy day at the office since you didn't post today- but that 's a great thing!!!! Do you have Knit-A Bridge tonight?

Marlene- How's the de-cluttering coming along? I can't wait to do that when I get home--

Judy- Wow- a month for bulk pick up? I should call when I get home- there is some stuff in the garage that I really want to get rid of. Maybe I'll remember to tell DH later when I talk to him to call and schedule

Have a good night all!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad you arrived safely. No decluttering here today. I was a little sore today from moving things by myself yesterday so I started knitting a ruffle scarf instead. I will be back at it tomorrow. Have a good week. The cruise sounds like a nice way to relax after a busy day at work.

Mary, Maya is doing good. She called this morning on her way to school. I've actually talked to her 3 days in a row. Sunday she called me for my birthday, yesterday I had to call her Mom and she answered the phone then this morning she called us. We will see her this weekend as sunday is Jocelyn's birthday and she wanted to spend it with Maya. The girls are thinking alike. Maya use to ask how come they never spent there birthdays together. I could only tell her I didn't know. Now that DS is divorced we get to spend these special times together again.

Did you get a chance to crochet?

Linda, I hope you had another nice day at work.

Val, Glad your feeling better. How's the weather?

Sherry, By now you've signed your papers. Congratulations! Now to just get the move past you to. I hope the brace works out for you.

Judy, Everyone has spring cleaning fever. I have a garage I would like to tackle to before it gets hot and I don't and won't want to be out there.

Cindy, Are you packed for your vacation yet?

I said above what I did and didn't do today so I won't repeat it. Hope everyone has a nice night and great wednesday.

Good evening everyone. It was a beautiful day here, even though it started with rain, thunder and lightening. I spent a lot of the day outside, but I did do some cleaning and laundry as well. Tomorrow I have a morning meeting at work, and then will run some errands.

Marisa, it's interesting to me that chiropractic methods helped your mom. Seems like ip that would be something very low tprisk for a patient. Certainly better than steroids.

Joanne, that dinner cruise sounds like a very relaxing time. Hope the conference is interesting, and you enjoy your time with dd.

Val, hope you continue to feel better and better.

Sherry, WTG on closing on the house. Lots of work ahead with moving and settling in, but it will be worth it.

Marlene, I have just barely started packing. I have a pile of clothes sitting on the love seat in our bedroom. I was too lazy to drag out the suitcases. Dh will get them out tomorrow. Enjoy the birthday celebration this weekend.

Judy, could you send a little of that spring cleaning energy my way?

Linda, work must be keeping you busy. How is Sweet Pea adjusting to your absences?

Hi, Christie.

Mary, hope life can settle down a bit for you now. Did you start a scarf?

I also voted in the shawl CAL. Dd asked me to make her a shawl that she can use when she sits outside. Her only requirement is that it be triangle shaped.

Work went well although I ended up being a little late getting there as there was a line at both the bank and Arby's where I picked up a sandwich to eat while there. It won't happen again if I can help it. Sweet Pea is adjusting well to the working schedule. I tell her I'll be back after work and she settles in one of the chairs until I get back. No messes to clean up.

Good morning!  :manyheart   Hope you all have a great day.  I work an 8 hour shift today so will catch up with you all then.  It's a little chilly today, very overcast, and rather windy, but otherwise a fair first day of May.  Will catch up with you all this evening.  :ghug

Archived