Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Sherry, I'm so relieved to hear that you and your family are safe, and that your friends daughter was found. The devastation there is surreal, almost unbelievable. I'm praying for everyone affected by this tragedy. Because we seldom have really strong tornados here, we tend to sort of take warnings and watches lightly. That will change in this house.

Joanne, I haven't started a shawl either, even though I had every intention do doing so. Dd had asked me to make her a shawl, so I probably will, eventually. Like you, I got out the pointy sticks. Hope your work week goes quickly, and smoothly.

Well, better get some work done around here. Be back later.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. :manyheart   A sleepless night thinking about and praying for all the victims of the tornadoes...and too many little ones lost.  We are always on high alert when storms are predicted, but no one can ever be in a truly safe place when big ones come. :(  In 2000, a tornado went right through downtown Fort Worth and our wholesale business was 2  blocks away from the worst of the damage - I'll never forget the sights and sounds!

Sherry ~ I'm so glad your family is okay and your friend's little girl was found safe. :hug

Linda ~ The shawl pattern and yarn sound lovely!  I remember reading Mrs. Pollifax books and really enjoying  them. :)

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds great!  The turtles are bigger than I expected...obviously you've taken good care of them! :yes   How is your Mom doing?

Joanne ~ The Waverly yarn is so nice.  No one here carries it since the initial introduction.  Looking forward to pictures!

Marlene ~ I hope your DH is much better today. 

Better get busy again.  Have a good day, friends. :ghug

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I just breezed through the posts and am grateful for Sherry and her family to be safe, but at the same time am still heartbroken at all of the deaths and remaining unaccounted for people :hug  Continued prayers for all those affected :hug 

It ended up being pretty busy here.  I had a patient this morning, and then another walked in, and a 3rd called for her and her mom to come in.  I have all the paperwork done and in the computer.  Now I need to vacuum before KtB tonight, answer interview questions for Amanda for KtB, get the turtles situated since they are currently in their feeding tank, have a couple phone calls to make, and a webinar to watch!  If I get it all done, I'll be surprised :xfin  Wish me luck.

Be back tomorrow :hug

Marisa, you are one busy lady! Yay for more patients!

I had a busy day today and tomorrow a friend and I are going to visit a lady we haven't seen in about 2 years! She doesn't live terribly far away, but our schedules just never dovetailed. This 80 -something lady has also been a life long "hooker" and talented pianist.

Anywho - letting you know I probbaly won't be here tomorrow at all.

Have a peace-filled night my friends.

It was very quiet at work today.  Typical of Tuesdays.  Those few who bought did buy quite a bit.

Sending prayers for all those in OK affected by the tornadoes.  Hoping that those missing will be found safe.

Worked on my shawl and read a book between customers.

Stay safe everyone.  :ghug

An update -- not sure how the ME's office made this mistake but so far there's only 24 dead instead of 51.  Of that, 9 are children which breaks my heart.  The searching continues but they think there is no one else left in the school that was hardest hit.  We have several friends that lost their homes but they are safe, and that's what counts. 

DD car got hail damage yesterday.  She was going for an interview at HL and it started hailing on her right before she got there.  Will need a new windshield and there's damage on the body too.  Get to take it in tomorrow for  an estimate.  hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Another very long day at work.  :(    Very tired as I didn't sleep well last night thinking about all that happened.  Maybe tonight I'll sleep better.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!  Hugs to all.

Good morning,

Judy- Enjoy your visit with your friend today!

Sherry- Oh, my, when it rains it pours! Hopefully, DD's car can get fixed quickly and fingers crossed that hopefully she at least got the job she was interviewing for.  The resiliency of the Oklahomans is simply amazing to me. I was watching an interview with a couple who lost everything in the 1999 hurricane and here they are having to start all over once again. It's the people reaching out to help other people at such a difficult time that gives one hope that there are so many more good people than bad.

Mary- They don't sell the Bernat Waverly around here anymore either which is a shame. It's a nice yarn with some nice colors. I have some in my stash from when they used to sell it when it first came out.  I'll share pictures when the pattern starts to emerge--I did two more rows last night- Like I said, it's going to be a slow going afghan! I also did a few more rows on a shawl I had started a while ago in Red heart shimmer- that is nearing completion. This is for my friend at work.

Val- How's things in your neck of the woods? Hope all is good with you and yours.

Marisa- you sure are busy now- that 's a great thing- to see your business really starting to grow!!! How's your Mom doing?

Linda- Enjoy your day off! You, too Cindy!

Hugs to all!

Good morning ladies :hi

We had a great turnout at KtB last night with some new people.  We have about 220 panels logged into the system as being in our possesion.  I had a couple patients this morning and then picked up Averie and Sloan from school because they had a half day today so they are here now and Averie is watching the first Harry Potter, while Sloan is playing with my exercise ball....his arm surely has to be tired by now from all that bouncing :think  I had a patient scheduled at 12:30, but she didn't show which is totally not like her so I left a message.  I'm guessing she ended up working a double and I was probably the last thing on her mind.

Other than that, not too much going on today.  I got most of my list completed yesterday....well, I still have the phone calls to make and the webinar to watch :shrug

Me again....not a very busy day :lol After the kids leave, I will watch my recorded webinar :yes

I wanted to share this link with you for KtB and my interview....FYI, in the first pic we are playing london bridge and my mom is the right side of the bridge!

http://knitthebridge.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/meet-the-ktb-team-marisa/

Wonderful interview, Marisa!! I love seeing your face again..... :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I never did find any waverly yarn back when you first using it. Your in no hurry so it doesn't matter if only knit two rows at a time or not. It will still grow row by row.

Judy, Hope you and your friend had a nice visit with your friend.

Sherry, So glad your friends found there daughter. I hope DD gets the job. It would help her feel better about her car damage. Praying for everyone in OK. The devastation is unbelieveable.

Linda, Your shawl is going to be pretty. It's a pretty pattern.

Marisa and Cindy, I seen the Grand Rapids Press online that there yarn bombing the trees in Lowell. There is an event in July and there hoping to get the trees bombed (there in a certain area). I hope I remember to take a drive over there and check it out. Lowell isn't to far from Cindy or I.

Val and Mary, I hope your having a good day.

I've been doing laundry and a little cleaning. I need to pull all my yarn out and sort it and repack it in totes. Maybe inventory it to so I know what I have. I have some in the house, some in the rv in a box, and some in the garage. And I really don't know what I have. Hubby mentioned going to DD's this weekend. So we probably will.

We've had some rain here everyday this week, but tomorrow there they 90% chance of rain so looking forward to a full day of rain. And are temp won't get to 60 either. But after tomorrow it is going to warm back up.

I'm going to make me a swiffer cover. I looked online for the pattern but couldn't find it. I found one I started awhile ago so I'll just start one over as there isn't enough yarn left to keep going.

I made venison sloopy joes for supper, there were good.

Off to crochet. Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great thursday!

Good evening.  What a day!  Took DD car in--they totaled it!!  Couldn't believe it.  The body really doesn't have a lot of damage but they won't fix it.  I guess we'll keep it and fix the windshield.  She will get enough to almost pay it off.  Then she can save for something she wants.  Then when I went out to get in my van, someone had been in it.  It was locked--the windows were down (I never drive with the windows down) and all the doors were unlocked.  I refuse to park it in that parking lot again.  I will park out back of the building where there are enough people that can see what's going on.  I used to park in front but my boss told me I couldn't park there because I block the electronic sign--which it wasn't. 

DD goes back tomorrow for the second interview which usually means you'll be hired.  We know she'll pass the drug test and background check.  So hopefully in a couple of weeks, there will be 2 from this household that works at HL warehouse.

So many people lost their homes again (and some of them, this is the 3rd time that they lost their homes in the same area).  But most of them will build back in the same place. 

Marisa - can't watch the video now but will try to later. 

Mary - hope you're doing well and staying safe from storms.

DH and I will be going to see our DS and DIL this weekend~~ woohoo!!!  We need some time away.  Don't really look forward to too paying the high price for gas but we've not been down to see them in a long time. 

Well, both GS are here tonight and tomorrow since we won't see them this weekend.  So I'd better go and see why it's sooooo quiet!!

Hugs to all!

Hi everyone. We had a gloomy rainy day today, but I spent much of it at work. I had two meetings and also spent some time catching up on mandatory education. Technically I had the day off, though.

Marlene, that's interesting about the yarn bombing in Lwell. I'll have to look that up.

Marisa, I saw your interview onbfacebook. Nice write up.

Sherri, fingers crossed for dd to get the job. It doesn't take much to total a car. We had a nearly brand new van totaled a few years ago, after it was hit on the drivers side. It still ran fine, but apparently the frame was bent too badly to make it worth fixing.

Hi, all.  Today was my long day at work.  I opened the store at 11:00 and worked until 7:00.  Both yesterday and today were super slow and when there was activity it came in spurts with 3 to 6 people in the store at once.  Followed by and hour or more of nothing happening.  Today was also the first day the the A/C was turned on.  It sure did help.

Sherry, I'm keeping you and your family and all those affected by the tornadoes  in my prayers.  Hope you have a good time this weekend.

I'm continuing to make progress on the two shawls I'm working on.  I've almost reached the end of the 1st skein of yarn with the cream colored one and I'm partway into the second skein of yarn on the blue one.  I hope to get a camera battery tomorrow so I can show you pictures of them.

Love to all of you.  :ghug

Good morning!

Last night I stopped to see R&R and ended up staying for a couple of hours!! Had a lot of fun with the boys and we took we walk and played outside for a bit. Perfect way to end the day. Didn't get home till 9 or so.

Marisa- Great article and great pic of you! The KtB sounds like so much fun!!

Sherry- That's too bad about DD's car being totaled. I hope you enjoy your visit with DS!! It seems like the visit couldn't come at a better time after all that you've been through recently!

Marlene- The yarn bombing in Lowell sounds interesting. I know there are mixed feelings about yarn bombing but I think of it as art.

Judy- How was your visit with your friend?

Val, Linda,  Mary--hope your Thursday is a good one.

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, the little guys must be soooo cute together!

Marlene, I used to have a stash like yours - never knew what I had! :lol

Linda, yay for a/c at work! Don't know how we survived without it as kids....

Sherry, that stinks about someone being in your van! I agree with parking it in a safer place....

My visit went really nice yesterday, and fast as always - I was just thankful that the 3 of us went out to a diner for lunch. Our soon to be 87 yo friend didn't have her a/c on and when I snuck a peek at her thermostat it was 82 inside her place...and humid. I gave my other friend a hairclip, I had a scrunchy, and our hair went up. Ugh.

Lots on my to-do list for today since I've been out a lot this week and "tasks" have fallen by the wayside.

BBL!

Good morning. Cold and rainy here this morning, and as a result all my joints hurt and I don't feel like doing anything much. However, I'm going to go run errands and get groceries. I'll be fine once I get moving. Usually I like rain, and it doesn't bother me, but every once in awhile, it seems to affect me. I need to get a couple of baby gifts while I'm out, and work on getting them in the mail.

My knit scarf is about 2 feet long, and I am getting the urge to start another project. I have resisted so far, but I may stop at Michaels while I am out and about, so who knows how long my resistance will last! I read that they are having a yarn clearance in anticipation of new yarns coming in June.

Well, better get moving. BBL.

Oh, I miss so much by not being here often! Again, I thank you all for your prayers...God is definitely working in our lives! I believe I had mentioned a some time ago that I was looking for work. I worked in admin support for Kalamazoo Public Schools before I retired in 2000. They schedule their own temps and I have my first assignment tomorrow!!! It's just for tomorrow and the following Friday but it's a start! Also, I just started as an Avon rep and hope that will begin to bring in some income. Does anyone know if it's okay to share my website here?

Here is some not so very good news...around 7:30am on Monday, May 6, I blacked out and my son's fiancee, Sarah, called 911. The EMT's got a BP reading of 76/23! Needless to say, I was out of it for several hours and was a hospital guest that night. The doctor who discharged me said I couldn't drive for 6 months! I had hoped my doctor could remove that restriction but she says she can't even though she said I was fine.

I know the BIG reason for this episode was news that my 16-yr old granddaughter had made an attempt on her life...her boyfriend broke up with her--via text--the Saturday before. She was with me at that time and we even went to the mall Sunday afternoon where she got the most adorable white dress and planned to wear it to school on Monday.

So what happened Monday morning was that Sarah, in a panic, abruptly woke me up saying that Kayla had taken a bunch of pills and cut her wrists. At this time, we didn't know that she was okay. She had taken over 20 Ibuprofen during the night...she had not cut her wrists. But, thank God, she woke her mom and told her that she had done something stupid. But after being woken up with that news, I'm sure that I was in shock. I got up and proceeded immediately to get dressed. I had no idea what we were going to do and since Sarah's hair was wet, I washed my face, brushed my teeth, etc. Once I was dressed, I sat down at the laptop to see if Kayla had posted anything on FB...why would I do that? That's when I started feeling awful...worse than when you feel faint. Thankfully, I was sitting down and my son was right there when I collapsed against him.

Two more reasons for this episode was that I've lost 30 lbs since last July and my blood pressure meds had not been reduced accordingly. I have another appt with my doctor a week from today and intend to ask her about that. Please, please, please PRAY that the driving restriction can be removed. I do know that nothing has been reported to the State of Michican but even State Farm is telling me it would be very serious if I was to get in an accident and God forbid that I would harm someone. So, on Saturday, I'm going for a ride on the city bus. Woo Hoo!

Again, Kayla is doing okay. I believe she was more upset about having to face the kids at school than she was about the breakup. This past Sunday, she spent the day with a new guy and had a great time. Being 16 is so tough! And now since I can't drive until November, I won't be able to move to the small town of Paw Paw, which is about 20 miles west of here, so she can live with me.

Jeannie, On the ruffle scarves I crocheted 2 scarves. I folded the end over lining the holes up for 4 or 5 holes. I skipped every other hole, worked in the second row of holes but you don't have to. I worked 6 sc's and a ch 1, turn. I also pressed mine flat (open). I watched about 8 videos on you tube to find the pattern I liked. I also knit one and it actually goes quicker. I need to make 3 more and I will knit them. Some one in Texas showed me they just tied a knot in the end then picked up the next hole and went on from there. Then knot the opposite end. Prayers for your family.

Thanks, Marlene. I think I just now got it how to ch 1 and turn. It has to be that you ch 1 using the whole width of the yarn. I put it down a long time ago because I couldn't figure it out. I've learned that I don't like the ruffles around my neck but I like how they fall. Maybe I could leave an unworked section for around the neck...somehow. I'll have to try the knitted one now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Tomorrow is my daughter's 46th birthday...she is getting so old!  :lol 

:ghug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I slept great last night.  The temps dropped in the evening and I was able to keep the windows open until I went to bed, which made the room very comfortable and then the ceiling fan was able to do its job :lol  I slept in until 9 this morning!  I had a couple patients that just left a little while ago.  Another couple coming at 4:30 and then one later at 7 :clap  Steph and Bean go to Vegas tomorrow, so it'll be an early day...I think we're planning to leave the house around 6 for the airport :think  I have a few patients in the morning, then a luncheon with an attorney and then I'll play the day away I think!

Thank you all so much for your compliments on the interview (Sherry, it's just an article...no video attached :whew )  We just secured a warehouse location to use for all the pre-installation prep work we need to do, which we were having trouble finding, so that's exciting news for us.

Marlene - I always love organizing my yarn and seeing what I have.  I love venison!!!

Sherry - Oh boy, dd's car must have really got a beaten from that hail!  Sorry to hear that your car was broken into :hug

Cindy - How were your meetings and your continuing education classes?

Linda - I'm really glad that this job worked out so well for you.  WTG on your shawls.

Joanne - :yay for R&R time!

Judy - Love the picture and great idea to go out for lunch.  My grandma would also never turn the air on :shrug

Jeannie - Prayers for you and your family.  I hope everything starts turning up for you :hug

Hi, Ladies.

Jeannie, I don't know about sharing your Avon site here...better check with admin. Be careful with the BP meds. IMO, you should always have it checked when either your diet changes drastically (staying away from junk food) or had a big weight loss like you did. Need to stay hydrated too....

I've had the pointy sticks out today after all the cleaning I did,  and I have not been good about practicing....I once again have a death grip on the needles. Back to practicing with cotton.....at least my mistakes won't matter since I'm making facecloths!

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Sorry your car was broken into. I would park some where else to. Have a safe trip and a fun time with DS & DIL's. It couldn't come at a better time.

Joanne, Glad you got some time with R&R last night.

Judy, My MIL's place is always so hot. Glad you had a break and went out to lunch.

Marisa, Glad you found a warehouse to put your panels together.

Linda, Wtg on the shawls.

Cindy, Here comes the sun at 8pm. Did you get any yarn today?

Jeanne, I hope things get better for you. Good luck with the new job. On the ruffle scarf to ch1, you just wrap the loop over like you do for a stitch. Hope that helps. My daughter lives in Portage.

It's been cold and rainy most of the day. I finally turned the heat on around 4. Maya called this morning. She gave me her spelling words and then spelled them for me. She had trouble with one so I gave her some advice. Spelling was my favorite class in grade school. I told her when we had spelling bees we would pronounce the word then spell it. I told her that would help her hear the letters. And it did. Her word was silent. She also told me sometimes you don't hear letters to. I told her your right. We talked for awhile and she could spell silent by the time we got off the phone.

Hubby needs my help. I hope everyone has a great friday!

Quick good morning and TGIF!!!! :clap

Love the picture, Judy, and glad you had a good visit with your friend!

Marlene- Spelling was one of my favorite classes too!!! I'll bet Maya aces her spelling test today!

Will try and get back on later but for now- it's time to get ready for Paradise!

Hope it's a good day for everyone!

Good morning ladies :hi

Looks like a slow one here so far :think  I've been up since 5ish.  Took Steph and Bean to the airport and they should arrive at 11:55 I think....I think Vegas is a 2 hour difference anyways :think  Well, they land at 9:55 local time.  I had a couple patients this morning and my 10 is running late so called to ask if he can come at 11.  Then I have my lunch meeting with an attorney at noon....then I plan to feed the turtles and take a little nap :lol  I may see if a friend wants to go out for dinner tonight :think  I have knitting groups tomorrow and Sunday :clap

Judy - knit, knit, knit :lol

Marlene - Maya is one smart cookie, I bet she aces her test today :yes  It's rainy here too, and the temp dropped to a high of 50s, but is in the 40s now!  The weather is just crazy....it was just pushing 90 earlier in the week :eek  I prefer the cooler temps, so if the rain lets up it'll be perfect for me :lol

Archived