Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning Ladies,

Mary, I hope you and your family are safe with the tornados that hit last night. I got out the map and seen they were south of you. Prayers for everyone effected.

Linda, You are such an asset to the store.

Have a good day ladies!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Ladies - I read all the posts....

Looks like a couple of people need some :ghug

All my friends that go out to work - I hope it goes well.

And welcome home, Cindy!

Book club tonight and before that I'mplanning on working to finish the center panel of bearghan. What a mess of bags filled with yarn etc all over my kitchen! Even I want to see it gone :lol

Later gators

Good morning housemates :hi

Another quick check in.  I just realized I missed yesterday and it wasn't even a busy day :think Although I was out of the office for a bit with a network lunch and then met up with Steph at the hair salon for her appt.  I have a patient coming that should be here any minute and then it's a busy day on tap for me with 7 patients, one being new :clap  The rest of the week is on the slower side though :lol  We have KtB here tonight for the Bits and Pieces.  Not mech else going on here just now.  May be back later :shrug

Marlene - prayers for your family and your mom :hug

The alarm went off this morning ~ I turned it off and went straight back to sleep ~ woke up 4 hours later ~ guess I needed the sleep.  I've got a few errands to run then, will see how much crocheting I can get done today.

Linda, I'm surprised Sweet Pea let you go back to sleep this morning. I have early birds here....

Well, the main panel of bearghan is done except for the detail work (embroidery with yarn - so not my fav thing to do). Anywho....it is what it is...won't be perfect, but after all it IS handmade :lol

Good evening everyone. I've spent all day clearing up glitches on my laptop. I think I have it working now, but only time will tell. If not ds is coming home this weekend. Tomorrow I will need to attend to some cleaning. I'd rather garden since its been so nice, but I need to get the dust bunnies corralled first.

Marlene, prayers for your mom and family. And here's hoping your dh and his brother make up their differences.

Marisa, hopefully this new treatment will help your mom.

Mary, sending hugs. I know how hard it is to keep up with everything when you are being pulled in several directions at once. My house and yard are still suffering from my parents illnesses and deaths. Sending hugs.

Judy, I like your angel, and WTG on getting so much accomplished on the bear ghan.

Val, are you finally feeling better?

Joanne and Sherry, sorry work is being so difficult.

Linda, your employers are so lucky to have you. Sounds like the job is a perfect fit for you.

Cindy, that's a smart decision to get the unpleasant inside chores done before going to play outside!

...and I was rushing on the bearghan so much that I had to frog several rows...twice!. I still have a batch of ends to weave in.

Last night's book club discussion was fun (Murder on the Orient Express) and I learned that the college age daughters of a friend love the book too!

Off I go...have a good one!

Good morning.  Hope you all have a good day.  I'm up but still half asleep I think.  At least I don't feel terribly functional yet.  I ran errands yesterday, but still have a few things to pick up.  Made a little progress on the Blue Waves shawl last night at prayer shawl meeting.  I'm feeling tired today. 

Hugs to all.  :ghug

Judy, Sweet Pea knows that I don't always get up when the alarm goes off, so doesn't get to worked up about things until I actually get out of bed.  :lol   :lol   :lol   Once she's sure that I'm really up, she's ready to bounce around.  :D

Judy, Sweet Pea knows that I don't always get up when the alarm goes off, so doesn't get to worked up about things until I actually get out of bed.  :lol   :lol   :lol   Once she's sure that I'm really up, she's ready to bounce around.  :D

Dogs are soooo smart!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I had a couple patients this morning, one being new :clap  Now I have to run some errands and then I'll come back to do my paperwork, but I'd rather do my running before the Friday afternoon traffic starts :think

I'll be back :hug

Hi all,

Hope you all had a good day!  I started knitting again last night- making a baby blanket- I know, I know, what was I thinking? But I'll take my time with it and when it's done, it's done- even if it takes a year! I'll do other things in between!

Tonight I plan to relax and tomorrow I have to work part of the day which I am not at all happy about. I'm really burnt out from this project- that never seems to be done. If only I'd win the lottery! LOL

Oh, well, off to get dinner!

Hi Ladies,

We just got home a little bit ago. It was a long day. My sister, my mom, my brother, DH and I helped another 2 ladies set things up at the hall for the funeral luncheon and warm the food up and put it out when everyone arrived. I'm tuckered out and going to go to bed and watch tv and relax. I'll be around tomorrow.

I went out for supper tonight at a Chinese restaurant.  I wasn't feeling real good, but that was what sounded good.  After downing the soup I realized that my blood sugar must have been out of whack, for I started feeling much better.  I've been eating a lot of the same thing lately and guess I really hadn't eaten a lot of the right stuff today.  I'm trying to be good but sometimes I get thrown off track without really realizing it.  Better now and heading to bed.  I work tomorrow, so want to turn in at a more decent hour than sometimes happens.

Joanne, that's a bummer that you have to work tomorrow.  Hope it's just for a short time and then you can have the rest of the weekend off.  That project you're working on seems to have been going on for a very, very long time with no real end in sight.  :hug   No wonder you are getting burned out.

Sounds like you've had quite a day too, Marlene.  :hug

Good morning everyone. Looks like a nice day in store for us. It's our son in laws birthday, and they have invited us to join them and the boys for a picnic at a local park. I offered to bring a salad, and chips.

Dh and I purchased a set of patio furniture and a lot of plants last night. We have four outdoor living spaces, ( two decks, a covered front porch and a patio)' and the patio just had a hodgepodge of broken down chairs on it. Now it has a small table and four wicker look chairs. Looks much better. Ds is talking about buying a house. I'll offer him the rejects.

Joanne, I agree with Linda. Your project is beginning to sound like that annoying children's song:

"This is the project that never ends,

yes, it's going on and on my friends,

Some people started doing it, not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue doing it, forever just because,

This is the project that never ends......."

A little poetic license there!

Anyhow, I'm sorry you have to work today, hope it's not too long. Is your baby blanket pattern an easy one. I often find knitting more relaxing than crocheting. I know I'm a very slow knitter, so the pressure to finish something seems less.

Linda, hope your work day goes well. It's good you figured out why you weren't feeling well, now you'll be able to recognize when it happens again.

Good Morning!

Cindy- Loved the poem! Thanks for the smile :) you put on my face :hug

The pattern is easy- do you think I would do anything that wasn't? :lol  Anyway, I do find it relaxing,with no  deadline pressure. This is the pattern I'm using: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunny-baby-blanket

Have fun at the park- sounds like a great way to celebrate SIL's birthday!!

I was up at the crack of dawn to cloudy skies. Chance of rain today and tomorrow. I've got the 2nd load of laundry going and the kitchen is finally clean!! And the big pile of items that needed to be shredded have finally been shredded and off the table! It feels good to have that done!

Back to cleaning- just NEED to do the two bathrooms and then I'm calling it a day cleaning-wise.   Tomorrow, weather permitting, we're going to put all the furniture back on the deck and clean the table and chairs. I'm so glad that we decided to have the deck re-stained. It looks so much nicer!

Hope you all have a good Saturday!

Hi House. :)  Luke will be here about 9 and will stay until tomorrow evening.  I hope to be at "Our House" more this weekend and finally catch up with you all!

Marisa ~ Congratulations on more new patients! :clap   What fun to have your turtles at the office...how big are they?  I hope your mom is improving.

Judy ~ Your angel bookmark is wonderful!  Book club sounds like lots of fun. :yes  So sorry about having to frog part of your bear 'ghan - how much more do you have to go?

Linda ~ Wow!  You've made great progress on John's quilt. :cheer   Work sounds like it's going well - it must be a fun store with such a variety of goodies!  And I saw you have another prayer shawl in the works - can't wait to see pictures.

Cindy ~ I'm glad you all had a nice trip.  Did you get your laptop problems figured out?  Thank you for the hugs...and I'll be glad to share some dust bunnies with you. :rolleyes   Enjoy your visit with your DS!

Joanne ~ Good for you for getting back to knitting!  I hope you get to see Ryan and Robbie this weekend. :c9

Valerie ~ Yay for Jaleia passing those tests! :cheer   I think they put so much pressure on kids now - especially with all the testing.  I haven't hired a cleaning service yet.  The lady who came the other day didn't speak English - how can I hire someone I can't talk to? :lol   Are you still working on the baby items?

Marlene ~ Sending prayers for your SIL. :hug   My DH had the manometry test a couple of years ago.  It didn't take too long and they didn't find anything.  I hope they can figure out what's causing the problem.   When will Maya be coming to see you?

Sherry ~ I hope the situation at work is okay.  :manyheart   I saw the weather this a.m. - stay safe this weekend.   

Kiyo!  It was so good to see your post - come back and visit soon!

Hi all - it has been so busy at work.  Now the real problems begin as we begin to change our names with vendors and all the utilities.  Most of them will require us to fill out all new paperwork and set up new accounts--not at all happy about it.  Plus the stress of the two bosses (I now have 2 instead of 1) disagreeing on everything is not good either.  Maybe this next week will be better. 

Today we go to a graduation!!  Our godson will be graduating from high school (he's homeschooled) so the ceremony hopefully will be short.  There are only 20 seniors.  We are so very proud of him!!

Mary - yes, we'll be watching the weather.  May is a very dangerous time of year for storms/tornadoes.  My heart goes out to those in Texas that have lost their homes and family members.

Joanne - sorry you have to work today :(  Hopefully you'll be able to have some R&R time this weekend.  We will have our grandsons tonight.  Since they will be out of school next week, we'll have them more often.  DD will be going to summer school so we'll keep them the nights that she's in school.  I hear you about the never-ending project--I'm headed into one that will take months to get all the name changes done. 

Marisa - congrats on a new patient!!  Hope things are going well for you.

Well, I'd better go and get some more boxes unpacked--I'm almost done with my kitchen, then I get to start on some stuff in the boys room.  Have a great weekend all!!

Good morning.  My internet connection has been crashing a lot today for some reason.  Anyway it's working for now.  Finally!  We had rain most of the night and the air feels fresh and clean this morning.  Yay!  The temps and humidity are both lower.

I'm making slow progress on the current prayer shawl.  With 2 out of every 3 rows there's no other way to make progress.   :P

I was going to switch TV carriers, but that looks like it won't work.  The owners of the apartment complex are in the process of changing the rules on dish carriers and it will be an extremely costly switch if I do.  May just see how much more it would cost to get more channels from the current one.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Sherry ~ Keeping you in my prayers.  Having two bosses that disagree on everything is a royal pain in the tush.  :reyes

Hi all - it has been so busy at work.  Now the real problems begin as we begin to change our names with vendors and all the utilities.  Most of them will require us to fill out all new paperwork and set up new accounts--not at all happy about it.  Plus the stress of the two bosses (I now have 2 instead of 1) disagreeing on everything is not good either.  Maybe this next week will be better. 

Today we go to a graduation!!  Our godson will be graduating from high school (he's homeschooled) so the ceremony hopefully will be short.  There are only 20 seniors.  We are so very proud of him!!

Oh my ~ two bosses on top of combining two churches!  I can only imagine the number of detailed changes. :(   Have a good time at the graduation!

Linda ~ I hope your internet is back to normal soon!  Your weather sounds great - we are close to 90* with really high humidity.

Luke is such a cutie.  We've been outside all morning - riding his tractor - playing in the dirt and mulch in a bed by the garage - trying to spray Gracie with the hose...  We had Chick fil A for lunch and he announced "I want to take my nap now, Grammy." :lol   Five minutes later he was sound asleep. :c9

Hi, ladies!

Hi all,

Hope you all had a good day!  I started knitting again last night- making a baby blanket- I know, I know, what was I thinking? But I'll take my time with it and when it's done, it's done- even if it takes a year! I'll do other things in between!

For now I'll confine my knitting to practicing new stitches - and maybe getting a real patchwork ghan out of it. I have the original LTK book many of us got, but also have a new one coming her this week :devil

Tonight I plan to relax and tomorrow I have to work part of the day which I am not at all happy about. I'm really burnt out from this project- that never seems to be done. If only I'd win the lottery! LOL

Oh, well, off to get dinner!

Rest when you can :hug

Hi Ladies,

We just got home a little bit ago. It was a long day. My sister, my mom, my brother, DH and I helped another 2 ladies set things up at the hall for the funeral luncheon and warm the food up and put it out when everyone arrived. I'm tuckered out and going to go to bed and watch tv and relax. I'll be around tomorrow.

:hug  :hug  :hug

I went out for supper tonight at a Chinese restaurant.  I wasn't feeling real good, but that was what sounded good.  After downing the soup I realized that my blood sugar must have been out of whack, for I started feeling much better.  I've been eating a lot of the same thing lately and guess I really hadn't eaten a lot of the right stuff today.  I'm trying to be good but sometimes I get thrown off track without really realizing it.  Better now and heading to bed.  I work tomorrow, so want to turn in at a more decent hour than sometimes happens.

Maybe you should start keeping a food diary?? Just a thought.

Good morning everyone. Looks like a nice day in store for us. It's our son in laws birthday, and they have invited us to join them and the boys for a picnic at a local park. I offered to bring a salad, and chips.
I hope you had a good time!
Dh and I purchased a set of patio furniture and a lot of plants last night. We have four outdoor living spaces, ( two decks, a covered front porch and a patio)' and the patio just had a hodgepodge of broken down chairs on it. Now it has a small table and four wicker look chairs. Looks much better. Ds is talking about buying a house. I'll offer him the rejects.
Sounds nice!

The pattern is easy- do you think I would do anything that wasn't? :lol  Anyway, I do find it relaxing,with no  deadline pressure. This is the pattern I'm using: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunny-baby-blanket

That's a beautiful pattern - and  easy. I put it in my favs.

Hi House. :)  Luke will be here about 9 and will stay until tomorrow evening.  I hope to be at "Our House" more this weekend and finally catch up with you all!

Oh, what fun! Tiring, but fun

Judy ~ Your angel bookmark is wonderful!  Book club sounds like lots of fun.   So sorry about having to frog part of your bear 'ghan - how much more do you have to go?

I just too the ghan out of the dryer!!! FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuk!

Wonderful!

Well, I'd better go and get some more boxes unpacked--I'm almost done with my kitchen, then I get to start on some stuff in the boys room.  Have a great weekend all!!

Take care! Don't overdo....

Good morning.  My internet connection has been crashing a lot today for some reason.  Anyway it's working for now.  Finally!  We had rain most of the night and the air feels fresh and clean this morning.  Yay!  The temps and humidity are both lower.

I'm making slow progress on the current prayer shawl.  With 2 out of every 3 rows there's no other way to make progress.  

I was going to switch TV carriers, but that looks like it won't work.  The owners of the apartment complex are in the process of changing the rules on dish carriers and it will be an extremely costly switch if I do.  May just see how much more it would cost to get more channels from the current one.

Maybe you can speak to someone in customer retention like we did and explain your situation?

Luke is such a cutie.  We've been outside all morning - riding his tractor - playing in the dirt and mulch in a bed by the garage - trying to spray Gracie with the hose...  We had Chick fil A for lunch and he announced "I want to take my nap now, Grammy." :lol   Five minutes later he was sound asleep. :c9

What a big boy! He knows his limits!

Good morning everyone. Looks like another lovely day here. I got everything on my list done yesterday. Today we will be going to church, and then I will be reading or crafting. Hopefully, I can sit outside, without mosquitoes all over me. They are really bad here this year. Dh sprayed our yard yesterday, and it seemed to help, but they were back in the evening. My lower legs are covered with bites from last nights picnic, even though I wore jeans.

Mary, sounds like you had a good day with Luke.

Joanne, that knit blanket pattern is great. I added it to my Ravelry library.

Sherry, so sorry that work continues to be difficult. Hope the issues can be resolved quickly.

Good morning!

It's a rainy day here :( and of course it's on my only day off! Oh, well, can't do anything about it. Yesterday, I went into work at 2 and  I worked till 7:30 then DH met me for dinner and then I had to get on a conference call at 9PM! Crazy!

Cindy and Judy- glad you like the knitting pattern. When I saw it, I thought to myself- I can do this! :)

Heading out to get groceries in a few minutes to get that taken care of and then I'm taking the rest of the day for me. A little reading, knitting and maybe a little R&R time later on if DD is going to be around.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday!

Archived