Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

I'm home safe and sound! I was sad to leave my favorite city- and my DD, but I made up for the sadness by getting some R & R time after I got home. I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home since I pass right by the exit and picked up some things and then came home- unloaded the car and headed right over to DD's. We got a nice walk in and some fun outside in the back yard.  I have my laundry going now and tomorrow is back to reality.

Marisa- I had pan seared scallops for dinner and let me tell you, they were delicious. My DD had swordfish which was equally as good! It was  a terrific dinner. The entire weekend was just what I needed- but it also made me realize how much I want to live somewhere where you can walk  places. I feel so much more invigorated.

Cindy- Hope you have a great vacation!

Linda- Your day sounds wonderful. I finished a summer wrap last night- and also made two coffee cup cozies for DD and her roommate- they had asked if I could make them some new ones- and wouldn't you know, I just happened to have brought 2 skeins of cotton yarn with me! LOL

Mary- Hope it all works out with your DH and the part time- Cobra can be so expensive!

Val, Judy, Sherry, Marlene and the rest of the crew----have a good evening!

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, There is only one cable company available. Unless we go to satellite. We have a friend who uses/used Magic Jack. It expired when we were it Texas and she couldn't update it. But she was happy with it and I have looked it up online and almost everyone is happy with it. It would reduce the bill by 55.00. You only have the initial purchase price. Right now that will be the plan, but I have to wait until next month to do that.

It sounds like you had a really nice weekend. You would think Starbuck's would open up early with an event that big going on.

Cindy, Glad your MIL is doing well enough for you to go on your vacation. Safe travels and have a great time.

Val, I think the Bama baby ghan with hat and booties will be a good seller.

Linda, Glad you have your support groups to. I have been in a couple of them and they were so helpful. Your brothers are two lucky receipents to receive a quilt from you. Your work is so lovely!

Judy, Chilli sounds good. I have been hungry for goulash.

Joanne, Your time with DD sounds wonderful. How nice to get the necklace for her now. I enjoy walking around town to. When we lived back home we did several times a week. When we were there last week and it was so nice out, I told him I wish we lived back there so we could walk and ride are bikes. He said you can at home. And I said and get ran over. The speed limit on are street is 25, but the people who live past us which is many don't do it.

Mary, That's great your DH will be able to work from home pt. Be sure and know how much he can make on social security. After a certain amount they take start taking money away. Hope your able to get back to your crocheting.

We had a great time with the family. We met up at the hotel and the kids went swimming. We left and DS called and said Jocelyn wanted to come and spend the night with Maya. Ended up both kids wanted to come and stay. They helped me blow up the air mattresses and make the beds. I got them tucked in bed and they said were hungry. So they got up and ate a bowl of cearl then went to bed. Sunday they broke open a pinata, had cake and ice cream. Jocelyn and Emme (DS GF) went and got there nails done. Payton stayed with us and played with the little computer they just got and was as good as gold. That is until his dad, Emme, and Jocelyn got back and then he was back to being a brat. Maybe if he's around this summer when there dad has them for a week at a time every other week I can change him. I know a lot of what he's been through is some of the cause of his actions but he can't continue forever.

I finished Jocelyn's ruffle scarf and gave it to her and she loved it. I forgot to get a picture of it or her wearing it. Hopefully she will bring with it one day and I can take a pic then.

Daisy didn't enjoy the ride either way. She drools constantly and got sick twice.

Hope everyone has a great tuesday.

I had a nice day today.  Spun some of the Yak and silk fiber into yarn this afternoon.  Worked on the quilt for Rosie's John.  Got the last three strips finished and sewn together.  Need to iron them and attach them to the previous 6.  Then add the borders and the top will be done.  Then have to figure out what has to be added to the backing piece to get it to the correct size.  Also trim the batting blanket to the right size.  And finally put the sandwich together.  One step at a time and it will eventually get there.  Work tomorrow.

Joanne ~ Glad you made it home safe and sound and had some R&R time with the grandkids.

Heading for bed soon.

Love you all.

Hi All!!!  Finally got the internet going.  It's been an ordeal.  Stayed home on Friday so they could come and install it, plus the phone line and the dishnet.  Well, the only thing that worked was the dishnet.  Internet was "supposed" to have a connection, all I'd need to do once the computer was hooked up was get online and register--well couldn't get onlline.  Said there was no connection and needed a dsl filter on the phone lines :(  So I called and the guy came at 6:00 p.m. and finally got it going at 9:40.  First guy just hooked up the modem to a line that wasn't working.  And the phone installation guy was only going to hook up one phone jack and it wasn't where the phone was going to be.  but it's all supposed to working now--or least I hope so.

Slowly unpacking the kitchen boxes.  I rest after unpacking 2 or 3 boxes.  It will be slow going but at least it's getting done.  We almost have everything out of the old house, so hopefully we can turn in the keys to him this weekend.

Joanne - sounds like you had a great trip and time with DD.  Sorry you have to return to Paradise tomorrow!  I'd like to have a few days off at my job. 

Read the posts but can't remember what all I read - I'm soooo tired.

Well, it's time to go and put on the brace.  I have a lot of trouble sleeping with it on--or rather I can't sleep when I have it on.  Any suggestions on how to sleep with it on?  I'm supposed to be up to 6-8 hours a night but I can't wear it more than 2 or 3 hours and then I just take it off cause I'm so tired and needing to sleep.  I don't take any pain pills so that won't help me sleep.  Hope some of you have some suggestions.

have a great evening!  thinking of all of you and hugs to all of you!!

Happy Nurses Day (a day late) to all the nurses!!  They are fantastic people!! 

Also this is Teacher Appreciation Week!!  Thanks to all that teach!!  You have an extrememly difficult job!

Good morning housemates!

Just a quick drop in to say hello and wish everyone a terrific Tuesday!

Joanne, glad you made it home safely!

Sherry, I'm sorry you're so tired and having problems with the brace.  I don't have any suggestions but I'm praying for you.

Marlene, glad you had time with grandkids.  I hope you get to spend more time with Jocelyn and Payton this summer.

Linda, you're really making progress on your projects.

Mary, when my dad retired and was first home all the time, he about drove my mom crazy :lol .  She slowly adjusted.  I hope everyting works out for you guys as far as the insurance goes.

Judy & Marisa :hug .

Have a good day all.

BBL!

Hi, ya peeps!

Linda, I can hardly wait to see a pic of the finished quilt!! I was off for a while - how has Rosie's John been?

Marlene, your issues with cable had me calling our company yesterday and we did get 25 off our bill (for a year) - better than nothing, esp since we've been good customers since 1981 :eek Next year we'll reassess the plan we have.

Sherry, when I had a cast on my lower arm I never slep much at all....at least in the beginning. Later on I was just so exhausted I think I finally just passed out at night....though never slep as well as without it. Like Val, I'll keep you in my prayers that it'll get easier for you...

Joanne, I grew up in the city and I still miss not being able to walk everywhere. When I worked in Manhattan I would get off the train before my stop and walk the remaining 10 blocks to the office....I miss the energy!

Hi to Marisa, Mary and all my buds....have a good one... :hug

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I'm supposed to go see my chiro to day for adjusting and lunch, but Averie has a talent show at school at 1 and asked if I'd like to go.  How could I say no :shrug:lol  I have KtB here tonight, but otherwise, it's a pretty quiet day.

Happy nurse's week to all our nurses both current and retired :hug

hi all,

I'm home safe and sound! I was sad to leave my favorite city- and my DD, but I made up for the sadness by getting some R & R time after I got home. I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home since I pass right by the exit and picked up some things and then came home- unloaded the car and headed right over to DD's. We got a nice walk in and some fun outside in the back yard.  I have my laundry going now and tomorrow is back to reality.

Marisa- I had pan seared scallops for dinner and let me tell you, they were delicious. My DD had swordfish which was equally as good! It was  a terrific dinner. The entire weekend was just what I needed- but it also made me realize how much I want to live somewhere where you can walk  places. I feel so much more invigorated.

Yummy!  Sounds wonderful!  Glad you made it home safely

Hi Ladies,

We had a great time with the family. We met up at the hotel and the kids went swimming. We left and DS called and said Jocelyn wanted to come and spend the night with Maya. Ended up both kids wanted to come and stay. They helped me blow up the air mattresses and make the beds. I got them tucked in bed and they said were hungry. So they got up and ate a bowl of cearl then went to bed. Sunday they broke open a pinata, had cake and ice cream. Jocelyn and Emme (DS GF) went and got there nails done. Payton stayed with us and played with the little computer they just got and was as good as gold. That is until his dad, Emme, and Jocelyn got back and then he was back to being a brat. Maybe if he's around this summer when there dad has them for a week at a time every other week I can change him. I know a lot of what he's been through is some of the cause of his actions but he can't continue forever.

I finished Jocelyn's ruffle scarf and gave it to her and she loved it. I forgot to get a picture of it or her wearing it. Hopefully she will bring with it one day and I can take a pic then.

Daisy didn't enjoy the ride either way. She drools constantly and got sick twice.

Hope everyone has a great tuesday.

I hope you get the cable and internet figured out.  Sounds like everyone had a great time!

I had a nice day today.  Spun some of the Yak and silk fiber into yarn this afternoon.  Worked on the quilt for Rosie's John.  Got the last three strips finished and sewn together.  Need to iron them and attach them to the previous 6.  Then add the borders and the top will be done.  Then have to figure out what has to be added to the backing piece to get it to the correct size.  Also trim the batting blanket to the right size.  And finally put the sandwich together.  One step at a time and it will eventually get there.  Work tomorrow.

Heading for bed soon.

Love you all.

Sounds like you made some good progress :clap

Hi All!!!  Finally got the internet going.  It's been an ordeal.  Stayed home on Friday so they could come and install it, plus the phone line and the dishnet.  Well, the only thing that worked was the dishnet.  Internet was "supposed" to have a connection, all I'd need to do once the computer was hooked up was get online and register--well couldn't get onlline.  Said there was no connection and needed a dsl filter on the phone lines :(  So I called and the guy came at 6:00 p.m. and finally got it going at 9:40.  First guy just hooked up the modem to a line that wasn't working.  And the phone installation guy was only going to hook up one phone jack and it wasn't where the phone was going to be.  but it's all supposed to working now--or least I hope so.

Slowly unpacking the kitchen boxes.  I rest after unpacking 2 or 3 boxes.  It will be slow going but at least it's getting done.  We almost have everything out of the old house, so hopefully we can turn in the keys to him this weekend.

Well, it's time to go and put on the brace.  I have a lot of trouble sleeping with it on--or rather I can't sleep when I have it on.  Any suggestions on how to sleep with it on?  I'm supposed to be up to 6-8 hours a night but I can't wear it more than 2 or 3 hours and then I just take it off cause I'm so tired and needing to sleep.  I don't take any pain pills so that won't help me sleep.  Hope some of you have some suggestions.

Glad to hear your taking your time and not pushing yourself!  As for the brace, I'm not sure how you can be more comfortable with it on.  My mom didn't have a problem, but she mostly slept in the recliner for a while with the brace on and support of a pillow under the knee.  Could be worth a try :think

Mary and Judy - Have a great Tuesday!

It was pretty quiet at work today, but did sell quite a bit in brief bursts.  Managed to do quite a bit on the blue prayer shawl until my shoulders finally seized up.  Then I switched to a book.  Tomorrow is my long day.  Just going to relax tonight.

Joanne - sounds like you had a great trip and time with DD.  Sorry you have to return to Paradise tomorrow!  I'd like to have a few days off at my job. 

Read the posts but can't remember what all I read - I'm soooo tired.

Glad you finally got all the parts of the internet, phone, etc. working.  Unfortunately, I had the same problem with the brace.  I think I just eventually was so tired that I slept in spite of it.  Sorry you're having problems and that I don't have any good suggestions.

Hi, ya peeps!

Linda, I can hardly wait to see a pic of the finished quilt!! I was off for a while - how has Rosie's John been?

Marlene, your issues with cable had me calling our company yesterday and we did get 25 off our bill (for a year) - better than nothing, esp since we've been good customers since 1981 :eek Next year we'll reassess the plan we have.

Sherry, when I had a cast on my lower arm I never slep much at all....at least in the beginning. Later on I was just so exhausted I think I finally just passed out at night....though never slep as well as without it. Like Val, I'll keep you in my prayers that it'll get easier for you...

Joanne, I grew up in the city and I still miss not being able to walk everywhere. When I worked in Manhattan I would get off the train before my stop and walk the remaining 10 blocks to the office....I miss the energy!

Hi to Marisa, Mary and all my buds....have a good one... :hug

John is doing better, but far from being back to where he was before.  Thus he's pretty discouraged.  They left for Colorado for four months yesterday.  I'm hoping that being around his only grandson will give him an emotional boost.  Braden adores his "Poppop" and the feeling is mutual.  Braden has a very bubbly personality and an adorable smile that just sucks you right in.

Thinking of you all.

Hi all

Linda- I agree, reading sounds like a good option for tonight! Hoping that John's visit with his grandson will give him that boost that he needs- I know how good I feel after visiting with my 2 GS!

Judy- I missed the walking already today! By the time I got home from work it was drizzly and now we're supposed to get rain for the next few days---I really want to walk every day or evening if I can.

Sherry- I have no real advise for sleeping with the brace- but I think Marisa's suggestion might be worth a try!

Val- How's the bama ghan coming along?

It was tough going back to paradise today- the craziness has begun again!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I don't have no suggestions on the brace, but I would give Marisa's idea a try. Good luck with the unpacking.

Linda, Can't wait to see the yarn your spinning. Your making progress on John's quilt. I hope John feels just like his old self when he returns after spending 4 months with his GS. I sure do. Sounds like a night of reading is needed for your shoulder.

Joanne, I bet it was hard to go back to work today.

Judy, Glad you were able to get some discount.

Val, Hope you had a nice day to.

Mary, Thinking about you.

Cindy, Hope you have arrived at your destination and are having a great time.

Today I defrosted the freezer. I got out some burger for supper and thought I would check and see how the ice cream DD sent home with me faired and it was soup. So I checked the gallon I bought last week and it was soft. We have a screw in thing that you put a light bulb in one end and screw it in a light socket and you can plug something in. That's where are freezer is plugged in and that is all controled by a light switch that has a note don't turn off. I checked and it was on. Turns out the screw thing went bad. Thankful for that as that freezer is full. The ice cubes hadn't melted so I caught it just in time. Glad we didn't have to buy a new one to. It's pushing close to 20 years old so we probably should think about doing it some time in the near future. I don't know how long there suppose to last.

DH and DS put are dock in. Hubby said the swans have 2 babies. There really early this year. They don't usually have them until mid summer here.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great wednesday.

'morning!

Like Joanne said....rain....rain...and more rain for us here in NJ. We certainly need it though. Boomers in the distance (Sparkie's ears are up - he's petrified of it) and it's as dark as nighttime out there. Normally at 7 AM the sun is already bright!

Marlene, wow - good thing the food in your freezer was ok! And will you run over to see the swan babies? I thing they're called cygnets?? That's probably not right, but for some reason the word just popped into my fuzzy head....

It was pretty quiet at work today, but did sell quite a bit in brief bursts.  Managed to do quite a bit on the blue prayer shawl until my shoulders finally seized up.  Then I switched to a book.  Tomorrow is my long day.  Just going to relax tonight.

I'm looking to work on some shawls soon...the bear graph ghan is almost at the halfway point and I feel like starting another WIP :D  We're lucky we can turn to a book when our body rebels at holding the hook!

John is doing better, but far from being back to where he was before.  Thus he's pretty discouraged.  They left for Colorado for four months yesterday.  I'm hoping that being around his only grandson will give him an emotional boost.  Braden adores his "Poppop" and the feeling is mutual.  Braden has a very bubbly personality and an adorable smile that just sucks you right in.

Thinking of you all.

I think when we're older and suffer through a very dangerous health crisis our bodies don't ever get back to quite what they were before that...we just have to read the signals we get and adjust. Easier said than done, but I think, based on what I've seen in my own house, men have a much harder time dealing with this than we women do.

After all, we are the stronger sex! ;)

Off to get the permanent crown put in this morning! I'll be glad to be done with that. The only thing left on my agenda is an annual blood work and an overdo bone density test. No rush on either one :D

Have a great day my friends :manyheart  :hug

Not a lot of time this morning as I open the store so have to be in early.  I watched TV and worked a bit on John's quilt.  I've got the top blocks all together and got the first strip of the border attached so I'm happy.

Woke up to blue skies and sunshine!  I think that's the first time in two weeks.  The birds are singing like mad.

I think you are right, Judy, about women adjusting better than men.  I have a feeling that I'm not going to make it all the way back to where I was before last summer either.  But I'm a lot better and I guess that will just have to do.  John hasn't given it nearly that much time yet.  Hopefully the summer will help him out.  He is not handling not being able to do what he's used to at all gracefully.

Marlene ~ I'm glad that you caught the freezer problem early.

Better run for now.  Hope you all have a good day.

Hi all,

Linda- I hope your day at work went well- and glad you finally had some sunshine! We're in for the pattern of rain that you had, but not for as long I don't believe.

Judy- Hope all went well with your appointments today. I've been on a shawl kick lately- Thinking of starting the Persephone one. I had voted for Graceful Shawl on the Shawl CAL, but think I do like the Persephone one better. Decisions, decisions!

Marlene- Glad that you didn't lose the food. Guess it is time to start looking into a replacement!

To the rest of the crew- thinking of you- but it's already 8PM- I didn't get home till almost 7:30 tonight and to say I'm tired is an understatement.

I think it's time to veg a little! LOL

Hi All!  Just a quick hello--storms are moving in.  We need the rain but not the hail and high winds. 

I'll try sleeping in the recliner.  I plan to put it on as soon as I go back in there and at least I'll have it on for 3 hours before I go to sleep. 

Hope all of you are having a great evening!  I'm off to put on my brace and crochet some dishcloths for our day care director that's leaving.  She always requests them for Christmas, so I figured I'd give her some for her farewell party. 

Hugs to all!!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I hope everything went well today. I'll check the swans out when they come by. Are lake isn't really that big so they will be around.

Linda, Hope you had a good day at work.

Joanne, It's to bad you have such long days. It's almost friday if that helps.

Sherry, Hope you get some relief in the recliner.

We are suppose to get some rain to late tomorrow afternoon. Hubby golfs tomorrow and I'm going to go see my cousin. She and one or both of her sisters come up and go the mother/daughter banquet with there Mom.

I went to a couple of stores today to pick up a few things. Also had to stop at the at&t store. Hubbys phone wouldn't make a call out or in. It said invalid card. They said it happens every day, someone comes in and says that. It must be something in are area. They replaced his sim card anyways.

I talked to Maya for awhile tonight. I hope everyone has a nice night and a great thursday!

Hello housemates!

Joanne, the Bama ghan is going great.  However, I only work on it when I'm in the car waiting for my passengers.  I think I only need to do about 5 more rows and then I can put on the border.  It's fairly easy...1 row of doubles, ch 3, sk 2 dc, shell, sk 2 dc across, dc, ch 3(change color).  It's 2 rows per color.  I'm doing crimson, white, crimson, gray, crimson, white.  When will you be finished with your project and return to normal work?  I hope you get a good night's rest.

Marlene, I've had a couple of okay days...just not as productive as I would like to be.  I'm glad you caught the screw thing before you lost a freezer full of meat.  Enjoy your new dock!  I hope you enjoy your time with your cousin(s).

Judy, you're probably getting all of that rain we had a few days ago.  We've had partly cloudy/sunny for the last 2 days but full clouds are suppose to come back tomorrow and more rain for the weekend.  We've had so much rain, the lakes here in Georgia are back up to full.  We've gone several years with them very low.  Looking forward to seeing your bear graph ghan.

Linda, don't get too happy, we've got rain in the forecast for the weekend.  Hope your work day was not so hard.

Sherry, praying that you don't get any high winds or hail.  Enjoy your crochet time.  Hope you can get some rest tonight.

Mary & Marisa...thinking of you both!  Hope all is well.

Good night housemates! :ghug

It was mid 70s today and is supposed to get to 80* tomorrow, before more rain moves in again.  Today was busy in spurts.  If I picked up my book to read customers came in.  At least that's how it worked a good bit of the time.  A gal came in just before closing with her daughters.  The 16 year old had an older man following her around and looking at her in the Goodwill store and had her pretty freaked out, so mom asked me to keep an eye on the girls while she tried on dresses for a party.  Frank said I could go at 7:00, but I told him what had happened and stuck around so that everything was cool.  And because of that we found mom a really nice dress and jewelry for the party.  And I felt good because she was relaxed enough with me there to look and try on things without feeling rushed.  She left saying that she would be back again.  I felt good because we not only made today's sale, but will have her as a repeat customer in the future.  When I explained things to Frank he let me handle it.  I'm not really a clock-watcher, that has to punch out the minute I can, and I really liked helping her.

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you got a nice break over the weekend before getting dumped back into the craziness at work.

Have a good night all.  See you tomorrow.

Good morning,

Linda- It sure sounds like you have found a nice niche with your job- and that the owners are so very lucky to have hired you. Enjoy your day off today!!

Marlene- Wishing you a good Thursday as well. Hope DH enjoys his round of golf today- and that the weather allows it! Raining here again today.

Cindy- Thinking of you and hoping that you are having a relaxing, enjoyable vacation!

Val- Sounds like the Bama ghan is going to be very neat.  It sounds like a nice easy, pattern with dramatic results with the color changes.

Tonight we have a 'team building' dinner after work so won't get home till later.

Hope you all have a good day.

Hi, ya peeps!

Linda, I'm glad you were there for that lady and her daughters - not that we need a reminder, but after watching the news yesterday it was a wake up call to the fact that there are a lot of creeps out there!

Well, there were a couple of issues with the crown....color match to the other front tooth the most important!!! So, we're going to see what can be done before resorting to replacing the crown entirely :( Blech.....

I do have a baby shower tonight - the mom-to-be who will be getting the blue and white gingham blankie I made....plus many of us have donated books and money toward a gift card. It should be fun!

I'm making a huge bowl of fruit salad as my contribution to the food side of things.

Havea good one!

BBL!

Good afternoon.  I got up late and am taking it easy.  I do intend to work on John's quilt today.  Not sure what else, but relaxing is a big part of it. 

Hello House. :)   Way too long since I posted last...with so much going on, something has to give and lately it's been computer time.

Dad is doing okay and I've been going at least twice a week.  DD and "her boys" are having a ball at the coast and I'm checking on the cats each day.  Luke is swimming like a fish in the pool, but will only put his feet in the gulf. :lol   He's really into building sand castles this trip.

Sherry ~ Oh, it sounds like you're doing the best you can with the brace. :hug   I can't imagine trying to sleep with it on!  Are you mostly unpacked and enjoying your new home?

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're continuing to enjoy your job. :yes   Have you decided if you're going to Iowa this summer?

Judy ~ So sorry you're having to deal with the crowns. :hug   I've had them on my front teeth since I was 11 - rollerskating accident.  I think they've been replaced 3 times over the years and it's never fun. :no  Have fun at the shower!

Valerie ~ Looking forward to seeing the afghan!  I hope all is well with you and your family. :)

Joanne ~ Your week sounds like a super busy one - I'll bet you're ready for the weekend! ;)  

Hi to Marlene, Marisa and anyone I may have missed.  We're under a tornado watch and t'storm watch...oh joy. :lol   Better unplug my laptop for now - have a good afternoon. :ghug

Good afternoon housemates!

Linda, I'm so glad your job is working out for you.  It appears that you're enjoying it and there's mutual respect between you and the owners.  Your great customer service guarantees a return customer.  Enjoy your day off.

Joanne, I was flipping through one of my pattern books and I ran across the one I made from Cindy's pattern.  I think they are almost alike.  I got this one from one of the crochet groups on FB.  There's a couple of small differences but pretty much the same.  Have fun at your dinner tonight.  You only have one more day and then it's the weekend again.

Judy, fruit salad sounds delicious.  You guys are going to have one proud and happy mommie tonight.  Enjoy.

Well, we have a cloudy/sunny dual day here.  We're suppose to get rain this weekend.

Not much is going on here.  Guess, I'll get back to hooking.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

BBL!

Archived