Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, everyone.  Thinking of and praying for all those who have served and/or who are serving in the military.  I've got a quiet day planned.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a quiet day here as well, Linda. We sat outside for a while today and it was so nice. Have to do that while we can before the mosquitos appear.

Know what some people say the state bird of NJ is?

The mosquito :rofl  :rofl :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  

Mary - so sorry to hear of your loss.  Will be praying for you.

Joanne - hope you've had a great weekend!

Marisa - sounds like you'll be busy!

Judy - Glad you have some nice weather right now. 

We went to see our DS and DIL this weekend.  Had a good trip except we got caught with the "rubbernecking drivers" through some of the tornado damage.  Once we got through that (took an hour to go almost 3 miles), if we'd taken the interstate it would have been longer.  It also rained most of the way.  We had a great time and Sunday went to eat at a place called Bacon's (really great food) and then went to the Stockyards.  Looked in some of the shops and I walked more than I've walked in a long time.  Came back yesterday as DH had to work.  DD and I went to eat and then did some shopping.  Tomorrow is back at work :(  Would love to have another week off but that won't happen since I've used all my vacation time with the surgery.

Still can't find my crocheting project :(  I know it's here but not sure when it got put when we moved as someone else took it out of the van.  I really need to finish that afghan as I have a request for 2, or maybe 3, more.  My godson wants to replace his "ginkie" that I made him when he was a baby (he's probably 6'3" now) and still sleeps with it.  so he needs a bigger one!! 

Please say thank you to those in your family that have served our country in the military.  Their service is what allows us to be free today.

Have a great evening all!  Hugs to all of you.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. But he is in a better place. Pain free and with your Mom. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this. :hug:manyheart

Cindy, The scarf is pretty!

Judy, Pretty soon they will the mosquitos here Michigan's state bird to. I don't know if we have a time when there not out.

Marisa, Hope your enjoying the house all to yourself. Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy while Steph and Bean are in Vegas. I pressed my ruffle yarn out. It helped a lot. My iron at home doesn't get as hot as the older style ones in Texas do so it didn't open up as much but when I get back to knitting another scarf it will be better than the way they come.

Joanne, Glad you had a nice 3 day weekend.

Sherry, It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I hope your able to find your crochet project soon.

Jeannie, My daughter lives in Portage. A nice place to live. When I was in Texas I was crocheting the ruffle scarves and Suna taught the ones who wanted to knit them how to knit them. I don't know where she came up with the pattern, but I would be glad to help you with it. We used straight needles. Do you know there building a new Hobby Lobby there on Westnedge near the mall.

We had a fun time at DD's. We went out of are way and picked up Maya's sister. She is such a nice girl. She wanted to learn how to crochet again. I showed her how to chain and sent her home with some yarn and a hook. I told her to practice, rip out when she runs out of yarn and start over again. When I see her again in 2 weeks I'll show her how to sc.

DD had to work saturday so we took the girls garage saling. There were lots but some didn't have much. Maya did find the twister game. We played that oddles of times. Oh grandma beat those little chick a dees. :lol  We found a 6 peg wooden spool spindle for 10cents. I bought it after I asked the lady about it and she told me it was 40 years old and she used to used when she was a child. Elaina spotted it and wanted it, but I told her I would buy it, find out how to use and show her how to use it to and keep it with me and she could use it any time. Her mother throws everything away and with 2 younger sister one being a toddler I could see it going in the trash. I told the girls Dad about it and he agreed with me. Maybe I can get her one or a larger one for her birthday.

Today we were ready to go to the parade and it rained so we didn't go. We did go to the nursery and got a flat of flowers and a few extra ones. Maya's school does a fundraiser with this nursery and I sent her 10.00 and I got a certificate for 10.00. DD bought the extra ones and I'll make a pot or two up for the deck.

Maya did ace her spelling test. She brought home to baggies with mini flash cards in them, one for spelling and one for math. There to help her be ready for 2nd grade. He had those almost aced. She gets a packet of math pages do for the next week and she has a week to do them, but they do them on the weekends. Her Daddy has taken over that job and he's really good with helping her learn something new.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and a great tuesday!

I stayed home and read a book, played some games on the computer, and half watched several movies.

a quiet day here as well, Linda. We sat outside for a while today and it was so nice. Have to do that while we can before the mosquitos appear.

Know what some people say the state bird of NJ is?

The mosquito :rofl  :rofl :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  

When I lived in Iowa and Minnesota, both claimed the mosquito as the state bird, too.  :lol   :lol   :lol

I work the next two days so don't plan on staying up too late tonight.  Have a good one.

Good morning,

And so it begins again--return to paradise. Thank goodness it's a short week!  We had a perfect afternoon for the bar-b-que yesterday with blue skies, sun and very comfortable temperatures. No bugs or 'state birds'!

Hope you all have a good day today- I read through all the posts, but no time to respond individually! Hugs to you all!

morning, ladies!

It looks like we all had a nice weekend!  And we're lucky that most of us haven't had an appearance by the "state bird" yet :lol  :lol :lol  :lol  

Yesterday I finished a wonky-looking face cloth using the knit stitch and this week I'll make one just using the purl stitch....then it's back to the Learn to Knit book for me :)   So far I haven't had any desire to make a new hook project....though a crochet pattern book O have with Fair Isle ghan patterns is whispering to me.... :lol  :lol  :lol

Have a good one my friends....And Mary, thinking of you and your family... :hug  :manyheart

Good morning. Gloomy and rainy here. I am supposed to take my mil shopping and out for lunch today. Not sure if she will want to get out in this weather though. She is pretty frail, but she says she can shop for a while. I'll call her in a bit.

It was cold, drizzly, and rainy yesterday, so I made soup for dinner, instead of our traditional barbecue. After dinner the grandsons payed in the rain, so they ended up leaving by 7 already, since the boys were wet.

I think the mosquitoes are exceptionally bad here this year, but it seems to be only in certain areas. They are bad at our house, but a co-worker lives only a few miles away, and she says they are minimal there.

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I had a good and productive weekend.  My patient on Saturday morning didn't show, which is annoying because I had no other reason to be over here :shrug  Anyways, then I went to JoAnn's to pick up some fabric and heading over to a knit-in.  Late afternoon I went to a cookout at Ingrid's BIL's house.  Then made my bed when I got home before crawling into to :lol  I had washed my sheets earlier in the day.  Sunday I washed all my scrubs (I don't wash the tops too often because I always wear a shirt underneath and am not working with biohazardous materials).  Went to another knit-in, but it was nice so we sat in the garden....so I guess it was a knit-out :lol  Stopped at the market on my way home and had a piece of steak for dinner.  Yesterday I went an washed Steph's car for her (she asked 2 weeks ago, but they've been calling for rain every day) then came back and did regular laundry and cooked.  So there are some leftovers in the fridge for them coming home tonight and for lunches tomorrow.

Mom had some side effects from her new medication (well, we think so far anyways).  She started to run a fever and flu like symptoms are a side effect so we called on Sunday morning and the on call doc returned the call.  We had already told her not to take it that day until we spoke to them.  So he said not to take it that day and if she showed no further symptoms to continue with it on Monday, which was the case.  So, she did take it yesterday morning and later in the afternoon she started running the fever again and this time had some nausea and vomiting, which everything went away after she vomited.  So again, I told her not to take it today and we'll call them again.  I left a message earlier with the office, but have not heard back yet and it was about 3 hours ago.  So, what would be considered an acceptable amount of time before I call back again :think  Mom went for blood work today too, but I haven't received the results yet and considering she just went about an hour ago....that's not surprising.

My neighbor had her baby Sunday morning :clap  I don't have any details though just yet and I don't want to annoy them with questions....let them have their time as new parents.  But, whenever I get any news, I'll fill you in.

Yesterday I finished the shawl I'm testing and need to snap pics today to send to the designer.  When I get the 'go ahead' I'll share pics of that here with you also.  Over the weekend at the 2 knit-ins, I finished my last 2 panels for KtB, which were small.  The deadline is on Saturday and then we still have plain black railings to work on, which are due July 1st.  We launched a fundraising campaigne on indiegogo today, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share that link here or if it violates any 'rules/regulations'.  But I did share it on fb for those of you who are on fb.  My mom is in the opening and ending shot standing next to me :)

Today.....I had 2 patients, called the doctor's office (still waiting for the return call), been emailing back and forth about KtB final drop offs and panel drives and helping to proofread the campaigne and the email that's going out.  I have things to get done at the office here.  Speaking of, let me ask your opinions about something.  So, I'm thinking about implementing a specific discount medical program in my office, which helps for patients without insurance or those who are underinsured.  Basically, it's a program that the patient buys into for $39 for the year, which is good for all of their dependents.  Anyways, then within that program it allows the office (me) to legally charge them a fee different from those that are billed to insurance companies.  I know many chiro's that charge different fees for cash patients, but technically that's not how it should be done and could get in trouble if audited because those patients should be charged the same regular fees that the insurance companies are charged.  So it's the type of the thing where the initial visit alone could be substantially cheaper than the regular fee, even after paying the $39 to join the program.  I don't want to call it insurance, because it's not....it just allows a contracted discount fee.  What are your thoughts from a patients perspective on something like this?  Do you think it would be beneficial?  It costs nothing from the providers end.

Mary - So sorry to hear about your dad, but like you said, at least he's no longer suffering now :hug  It's still hard even when we know it's coming

Linda - Glad to had a busy day, makes the time move quicker.  What did you get at the Italian/Greek restaurant?  I love bringing leftovers home too.

Joanne - :yay for getting 2 WIP's done!  Sorry it was an ugly day in Jim Thorpe, my parents said it was FREEZING there!  Good luck getting dh to clear out some clothes.  How was dd's bbq?

Cindy - Gorgeous scarf!  I love the colors.  Did you and dh get any yard work done?  How about shopping with MIL in the rain today?

Judy - Good way to practice your knit and purl stitches!  That throw is beautiful, I printed the pattern, thanks for sharing.

Sherry - Sorry about the traffic getting to ds'.  Hoping you find your afghan!

Marlene - Sounds like a great weekend and WTG with twister!  Good find on the spindle too.

It rained here all morning so my mil decided she would be better off staying at home. She still wants to go, so we'll see if we can make next week work. I am working Monday through Wednesday, and she has exercise class on Thursday, so we'll see, I cleaned cabinets and worked on cleaning the pantry today. I also knit a few more inches on my scarf.

Marisa, I hope it's just the mess making your mom feel sick. She sure doesn't need a new problem to deal with.

We got some work done outside yesterday, but it started raining early in the afternoon, so we had to quit. There's lots more to do still.

Judy, that throw pattern is really beautiful. Might have to put that one on my someday list.

Me again :)

Well, the doc's office called my mom back and they told her to stop the new medication.  Tomorrow she's going for a chest xray.  Today she was going for blood work, so they're going to call the lab to see if they can add a test onto the sample they've already gotten, but I think she'll have to go have more blood drawn and my mom didn't know what the test was for :(  Anyways, the sad part is that the medicine was doing something because this weeks blood work was better than it's been in a while :sigh

Good morning. Gloomy and rainy here. I am supposed to take my mil shopping and out for lunch today. Not sure if she will want to get out in this weather though. She is pretty frail, but she says she can shop for a while. I'll call her in a bit.

It was cold, drizzly, and rainy yesterday, so I made soup for dinner, instead of our traditional barbecue. After dinner the grandsons payed in the rain, so they ended up leaving by 7 already, since the boys were wet.tons of rain here today...good for the grass, at least.

I think the mosquitoes are exceptionally bad here this year, but it seems to be only in certain areas. They are bad at our house, but a co-worker lives only a few miles away, and she says they are minimal there.Maybe there's a hidden spot near your house where water has accumulated? My neighbor on one side hasn't done anything in her yard for 2o years and I'm sure that's where our crop of critters are breeding every year

Mom had some side effects from her new medication (well, we think so far anyways).  She started to run a fever and flu like symptoms are a side effect so we called on Sunday morning and the on call doc returned the call.  We had already told her not to take it that day until we spoke to them.  So he said not to take it that day and if she showed no further symptoms to continue with it on Monday, which was the case.  So, she did take it yesterday morning and later in the afternoon she started running the fever again and this time had some nausea and vomiting, which everything went away after she vomited.  So again, I told her not to take it today and we'll call them again.  I left a message earlier with the office, but have not heard back yet and it was about 3 hours ago.  So, what would be considered an acceptable amount of time before I call back again :think  Mom went for blood work today too, but I haven't received the results yet and considering she just went about an hour ago....that's not surprising.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom having side effects on the meds....awful how it can haelp in one way but hurt you in another,

My neighbor had her baby Sunday morning :clap  I don't have any details though just yet and I don't want to annoy them with questions....let them have their time as new parents.  But, whenever I get any news, I'll fill you in.

Awwwwww...... :)

Yesterday I finished the shawl I'm testing and need to snap pics today to send to the designer.  When I get the 'go ahead' I'll share pics of that here with you also.  Looking fwd to seeing it!Over the weekend at the 2 knit-ins, I finished my last 2 panels for KtB, which were small.  The deadline is on Saturday and then we still have plain black railings to work on, which are due July 1st.  We launched a fundraising campaigne on indiegogo today, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share that link here or if it violates any 'rules/regulations'.  But I did share it on fb for those of you who are on fb.  My mom is in the opening and ending shot standing next to me :)

Today.....I had 2 patients, called the doctor's office (still waiting for the return call), been emailing back and forth about KtB final drop offs and panel drives and helping to proofread the campaigne and the email that's going out.  I have things to get done at the office here.  Speaking of, let me ask your opinions about something.  So, I'm thinking about implementing a specific discount medical program in my office, which helps for patients without insurance or those who are underinsured.  Basically, it's a program that the patient buys into for $39 for the year, which is good for all of their dependents.  Anyways, then within that program it allows the office (me) to legally charge them a fee different from those that are billed to insurance companies.  I know many chiro's that charge different fees for cash patients, but technically that's not how it should be done and could get in trouble if audited because those patients should be charged the same regular fees that the insurance companies are charged.  So it's the type of the thing where the initial visit alone could be substantially cheaper than the regular fee, even after paying the $39 to join the program.  I don't want to call it insurance, because it's not....it just allows a contracted discount fee.  What are your thoughts from a patients perspective on something like this?  Do you think it would be beneficial?  It costs nothing from the providers end.

The plan might be good, esp in an area like Pittsburgh. Do you know anyone who is doing it already?

Judy - Good way to practice your knit and purl stitches!  That throw is beautiful, I printed the pattern, thanks for sharing.

AC Moore is having a sale on the Caron Pounders this week ...I have a store very close to where I'm going for my bone density screening on Thursday :devil

Me again :)

Well, the doc's office called my mom back and they told her to stop the new medication.  Tomorrow she's going for a chest xray.  Today she was going for blood work, so they're going to call the lab to see if they can add a test onto the sample they've already gotten, but I think she'll have to go have more blood drawn and my mom didn't know what the test was for :(  Anyways, the sad part is that the medicine was doing something because this weeks blood work was better than it's been in a while :sigh

:hug

Very slow today at work.  I bought a dusky purple (100% washable silk) shirt and a lacy gold scarf to go with it.

Tomorrow is my long day so am hoping to get to bed early tonight.

Marisa ~ I would be very happy with that kind of discount program.

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, That's to bad the medicine is causing side effects for your Mom when it seems to be helping. I think your plan would be a good idea. 

Cindy, We have rain coming for the rest of the week. We don't need any over here. We are pumping out the crawl space again. You walk from the house to the lake and it's very squishy. You accomplished a lot of cleaning today. To bad the weather didn't cooperate so you could of taken your MIL shopping and to lunch.

Judy, The throw is very pretty! I saved the link.

Joanne, I hope you were able to go to craft club tonight.

Mary, Thinking of you. :hug

Sherry, Hope work wasn't to bad today.

Val, How are you?

Linda, Was work a little slow today after the holiday?

Hubby got up from a nap and asked if I wanted to go fishing with him. I did. I caught 5 bluegils, but threw 2 back they were to small. Hubby probably caught that many if not a few more. The fish are just starting to bed so it makes it a little easier to catch them. They only bed once a year. We started in because it looked like it was going to rain and it did before we got in.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

'morning, ladies!

Boy, did I feel inept trying to purl again last night! The videos I found on YouTube appeared (to me anyway) to be English style, so I',m going to go back to making the knit stitch that way too so I don't get confused. The one site where it looked like continental defeated me when I tried it.

Anyway, the purl sample is looking really good, so I'm on the right track!

Very slow today at work.  I bought a dusky purple (100% washable silk) shirt and a lacy gold scarf to go with it.

Tomorrow is my long day so am hoping to get to bed early tonight.

Marisa ~ I would be very happy with that kind of discount program.

Ooooooh, the shirt and scarf sound soooooo pretty! You have a wonderful sense of color, Linda!

Hi, Marlene, Joanne, Cindy, Sherry, Marisa, Mary...all my peeps! Have a good day.

Good morning. It's really humid here today, so it's a good day to be inside. I have laundry and grocery shopping on my to-do list today. I also have a meeting at work this afternoon.

Linda your blouse and scarf sound so pretty. Hope your long day at work isn't too exhausting.

Judy, the thing I always had trouble with when I knit and purled was which direction to wind the yarn around the needle. In straight knit or purl, it doesn't make a lot of difference, but when you start doing patterns with yarn overs, it does. I watched a video where the instructor said that you wrap the yarn clockwise when knitting and counter clockwise for purling, and that was like a Eureka! moment for me.

Marlene, did you and dh eat fish for dinner last night?

Marisa, that plan to decrease costs would be appealing to me if I were under insured.

Well, better get moving. The laundry doesn't seem to be jumping into the washer on its own.

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I left here last night around 8.  Went to pick up Steph and Bean at the airport around 10, they had a great trip and were excited to have food in the fridge when they got home :lol  They both have off today yet and Steph took off the whole week.  They're planning on visiting our neighbor today to meet Beckett.  They brought him home from the hospital just yesterday, so I probably won't get a chance to see him until the weekend :(

Thank you all for your thoughts on the discount program.  It also seems like a good alternative choice for people who have a high deductible with their insurance.  in that case, I can give them receipts and they can submit to their plan to have that money credited to their deductible too which I think is also good.  Although people won't be excited about that extra work of sending it out, I think they'd be ok with it considering the savings involved and the double bonus of not 'losing' that amount from working up to meet their deductible.  Judy - one of the girls I graduated with had mentioned it in our closed fb group we have when another classmate asked about pricing differences with self pay rates....but, she's in Nebraska so a little different from here I'd say.  There's also an extended version of the program and for $89/year instead of the $39 it would include vision, dental, and diagnostic lab prescriptions discounts as well.  I'd probably only put that out there if I knew they didn't have insurance and saw them wearing glasses or something :think  Anyways, since I have a slow day on tap I'm hoping to get a lot of the paperwork I need to send to them and print out their contract and such.  I have to send them my fee schedule and then they print up a nice informational laminated sheet with the current prices and the savings with the program so people can actually see the difference in numbers.  And the other good thing about it is that you can set a percentage off the fees, but also label a 'capped' fee total for a visit, which I like.  OK, now I'm just babbling :lol

Judy - I wish I had an ACM out here, people here have never even heard of it :eek  WTG with your knit and purl, the purl will come back!

Linda - The scarf and shirt sound like they'll look great together :yes

Marlene - WTG with your fishing, that's something I've never done.  Although I use to cast the line in the yard :think

Cindy - We're starting to get the warm weather here too, should be mid 80's today!  I hope your meeting goes well.

Marisa, your idea of "showing" the plan to patients is a great idea....

....that's why I always choose YouTube over a book to teach me how to knit. I can read a book and remember where on a page I saw something but don't ask me to go through a "how to" batch of directions.

My eyes glaze over....

Good morning. It's really humid here today, so it's a good day to be inside. I have laundry and grocery shopping on my to-do list today. I also have a meeting at work this afternoon.Humid here too....and getting pretty warm. I was sitting out back under our awning with Sparkie and his "pacifier" (a rubbery kong toy). Lucy was banished back inside when she began eating the wet dirt/clay we have in one spot. I needed peace and quiet....it was while I was reading I saw a robin fly inside our 10 foot tall bushes by the patio and settle on a well-used nest. Then I closed my eyes and just listened to all the birds calling to easch otehr. I'm so tankful we still have a lot of trees. Too thick to actually see any of the birds, though.

Linda your blouse and scarf sound so pretty. Hope your long day at work isn't too exhausting.

Judy, the thing I always had trouble with when I knit and purled was which direction to wind the yarn around the needle. In straight knit or purl, it doesn't make a lot of difference, but when you start doing patterns with yarn overs, it does. I watched a video where the instructor said that you wrap the yarn clockwise when knitting and counter clockwise for purling, and that was like a Eureka! moment for me.

Marisa, that plan to decrease costs would be appealing to me if I were under insured.

Well, better get moving. The laundry doesn't seem to be jumping into the washer on its own.

Cindy, that Eureka moment you had was one I had only a few hours ago when I was purling! The clockwise, counterclockwise thing! Sure does make it easier to remember!

Hi everyone.  Thanks so much for all the hugs and comforting words. :manyheart   It means the world to me that you're here...and that we're here for eachother. :ghug

I've been gone each day except Sunday.  Sue and I have gone through the whole house now (we hope!)  It seems Mom and Dad stuck things that should have been in their files in every possible drawer, shelf  - even in books.  We're each going through everything we brought home because we will need an inventory for probate.  Lots to do and it will take a while to settle the estate - as usual, dear brother is no help and sleeping while we're working. :ohdear 

Enough about me - I miss you and hope to be here more often very soon. ♥♥♥

Hi all,

Hot and humid! Yuck! But it is what it is. Hit 90 degrees today! AC is going full blast!

I had an offsite Excel class today so it was nice to get home at a reasonable hour- but checked all my emails and tomorrow is going to be super busy. 

WTG on the purl, Judy!! I didn't do a stitch of anything last night- either crochet or knit. Tonight I'll do a few more rows on the knitted blanket. When I purl, the only thing I do is make sure to bring the yarn to the front, insert the needle and wrap the yarn counterclockwise. But I also wrap the yarn counterclockwise with the knit stitch. Just that the yarn is in the back before inserting the needle. . I do it like the you tube videos I had watched and I do English style.

Marisa- I think the idea of the discounted program is awesome!

Marlene- I've never done a lot of fishing- but my brother is an avid fisherman!! Sounds like something that is very calming to do- but I'll stick to knitting and crocheting!

Cindy, Linda, Mary- hope your Wednesday was a good one!

Anyone heard from Val? She hasn't posted in a few days.

I was wondering about Val too. She's been on Facebook, so hopefully that means she is okay.

Joanne, I've found that you need to wrap the yarn clockwise when doing knit stitches in lace knitting or you won't get the little holes big enough to notice. I always wrapped counter clockwise for both knit and purl, and was always disappointed in the end result. I can't tell a difference in plain knitting though.

Hi, all.  Work was busy today.  I had some breaks, but spent an aweful lot of the time on my feet helping customers.  We had the most sales that I've rung up so far working there.  Over $400 and then I bought another $100, so it was a great day for sales.  Some of what I bought today were things that I've been eying ever since the first time I went in the store.  :lol   I bought a LARGE Buhda, a dark blue Chinese style jacket with dark blue dragons on it, a saki set, a chopsticks set, and a bunch of jewelry.  Because I work there, Frank gave me an extra good deal on them, but I'd have felt happy to get them at the regular price.  Frank and Lily are really good to me.  I'm so happy with the job, and I know that I'm bringing customers back in for more than one visit.  And the word is slowly spreading that we are there.  :clap

Good morning. It's really humid here today, so it's a good day to be inside. I have laundry and grocery shopping on my to-do list today. I also have a meeting at work this afternoon.

That's a good way to remember it.  :yes 

Hi everyone.  Thanks so much for all the hugs and comforting words. :manyheart   It means the world to me that you're here...and that we're here for eachother. :ghug

I've been gone each day except Sunday.  Sue and I have gone through the whole house now (we hope!)  It seems Mom and Dad stuck things that should have been in their files in every possible drawer, shelf  - even in books.  We're each going through everything we brought home because we will need an inventory for probate.  Lots to do and it will take a while to settle the estate - as usual, dear brother is no help and sleeping while we're working. :ohdear

Enough about me - I miss you and hope to be here more often very soon. ♥♥♥

Oh, dear.  :no   That sounds like the way my mother-in-law used to keep her receipts for income taxes.  Everything went into a big drawer and much of it was totally irrelevant.  She was a sweetie so I never minded sorting it for her.  Hope things go fairly easily with the settling up.

Talk to you tomorrow.  :hug

Hi, ladies!!

Mary, when I read about all you're going through with papers, etc, it makes me happy that hubby helped me get our stuff very organized (though I did drag my feet....kicking and screaming...LOL). It makes tax time so much easier.

Linda, did you get a laughing Budda? We have a huge one in our yard that weighs a ton. Took 2 strong men and a dolly to get it in the yard! I missed what kind of shop you work at - is it a consignment store? Sounds like a great place to work. I'd spend my own money there too. :)

Well, need to get a couple of things done this AM before the heat sets in (expecting 90 today). I have my bone density test at noon and then I'm hitting ACM for the Pounders that are on sale so I can make that pretty ghan I shared the other day. I know, summer and making a ghan....never bothers me if I really want to make something.

Have a great day my friends!

Well, Steph is 40 years old today!  I picked her up a little gift at Target yesterday, nothing much but she was excited about it.  I worked on a shrug that I started at the beginning of the month and only had the first row done....I did the 2nd row last night 4 times!!! :eek  First I misscounted, then I did the wrong stitch, then I counted right and did the right stitch but it was off center with the previous row :think  So for the 4th time, I added a stitch at the start and then counted from there and the spacing is aesthetically pleasing and then numbers came out right (+1) :shrug

Judy - I hope your test goes well.  I'm sure you'll make a good haul at ACM.

Mary - Sorry about your brother not being very helpful!  Hopefully you're making some good headway on the estate.

Joanne - I hope you learned a lot at your excel class!  :yay for getting home at a decent hour.

Linda - Sounds like you made out well at the shop, you got a lot of things for the money you spent.

Archived