Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Well, Steph is 40 years old today!  I picked her up a little gift at Target yesterday, nothing much but she was excited about it. surprises are good! hard to believe how the years fly by....I wish her many,  many more! I worked on a shrug that I started at the beginning of the month and only had the first row done....I did the 2nd row last night 4 times!!! :eek  First I misscounted, then I did the wrong stitch, then I counted right and did the right stitch but it was off center with the previous row :think  So for the 4th time, I added a stitch at the start and then counted from there and the spacing is aesthetically pleasing and then numbers came out right (+1) :shrugMaybe you were too tired?

Judy - I hope your test goes well. Thanks....I'm sure it will be a while before the doc gets the results. I'm sure you'll make a good haul at ACM.I got all 4 colors for that gorgeous throw pattern...going to start it tonight when Yankees are on.

Mary - Sorry about your brother not being very helpful!  Hopefully you're making some good headway on the estate.

Joanne - I hope you learned a lot at your excel class!  :yay for getting home at a decent hour.

Linda - Sounds like you made out well at the shop, you got a lot of things for the money you spent.

I already worked on my knitting today. The purl stitch facecloth is finished and now I've started one where I alternate each stitch. I think I'm ready to graduate to acrylic yarn now...and maybe try using the beautiful metallic needles I was gifted. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sorry your brother is no help to you and Sue. Good luck with the estate.

Cindy, We had the fish tonight for dinner. Hubby cleans them then they sit in the refrigerator in water over night then he bags them up and freezes them. The clockwise and counter clockwise sounds like a good way to remember how to purl or knit.

Judy, Hope you get good test results back. I should be having one of those soon since I haven't yet. I see the doctor in July. What colors are you using? I was by the rv which is by a pine tree and we have some birds that nest there and she was on the wire just a chattering because I was there.

Marisa, Happy Birthday to Steph! Good luck with the shrug.

Joanne, :clap for getting home on time. I use to go fishing with my dad and grandpa when I was a kind. It is quite relaxing.

Linda, Your blouse and scarf sound great together. It would be hard to work at your store and not purchase things.

We was going to go fishing today after hubby came back from golfing, but it looked like rain so we didn't and it didn't rain. I did get a load of laundry done and some cleaning up on the laptop.

When DS had his visit with the kids yesterday Jocelyn called me and asked me if I would make her a blanket. She wants Hello Kitty on one side and pink on the other side. I asked if Payton wanted one and he wants army on one side the other side he don't care. I'll make them Quillows like I did the other kids. I won't start them until I finish a couple of projects first.

I hope everyone has a great friday!

My legs cramped up on me last night to the point that I slept in my rocker/recliner with my feet in my desk chair.  Today I went out and got some stuff done.  Got a microwave to replace the one that died last fall and got a printer for my computer, something I haven't had since moving to the apartment.  Got some bills paid and got the repeat blood work done for the thyroid that was off last time.

Hi, ladies!!

Mary, when I read about all you're going through with papers, etc, it makes me happy that hubby helped me get our stuff very organized (though I did drag my feet....kicking and screaming...LOL). It makes tax time so much easier.

Linda, did you get a laughing Budda? We have a huge one in our yard that weighs a ton. Took 2 strong men and a dolly to get it in the yard! I missed what kind of shop you work at - is it a consignment store? Sounds like a great place to work. I'd spend my own money there too. :)

Well, need to get a couple of things done this AM before the heat sets in (expecting 90 today). I have my bone density test at noon and then I'm hitting ACM for the Pounders that are on sale so I can make that pretty ghan I shared the other day. I know, summer and making a ghan....never bothers me if I really want to make something.

Have a great day my friends!

Judy, Yes, it's a standing, laughing Budha.  I work in an asian import store.  I've collected oriental statues & wallhangings & dragons for about 40 years.  Just pick up those that really appeal to me, which are frequently expensive, so I have to save up for them.  I've been eyeing the Budha since the very first time I walked in the shop.  :D

Sending love and prayers out to all of your.  :hug

'Morning all. :)  I hope everyone has a good Friday! 

Judy ~ The afghan pattern is wonderful!  I love that it gives multiples - it would make an adorable blankie for a little girl. :yes

Linda ~ Ooh, your new goodies sound great!  I know you've missed the microwave and printer! 

Joanne ~ Your work schedule has been crazy busy - I hope you have a relaxing weekend. :)   How are the little cuties?  Zach is sitting up and has his first two teeth - the middle bottom ones.  Way to go on the knitting!

Marlene ~ It won't be long until Maya comes, will it?  Are you working on any projects now? 

Marisa ~ Your practice sounds like it's going really well. Sorry about the rough start on the shrug, but all will be good now!

Hi to Cindy, Valerie and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

I'm starting to feel more like myself and less stressed - it's about time! :lol   Sorting out feelings and learning to cope with all the changes in our lives and then both parents passing away has been overwhelming, but we're getting there!  Thank you again for being here. :ghug

Good morning housemates :hi

We had a great turnout for KtB last night and we now have passed the 300 mark for panels received and in our posession! :clap  I have a few patients today, some in the morning and some in the afternoon.  Tonight there's a social for the Sprout Fund, which is one of the funds we got for KtB so I'm going to try to make it there.  Tomorrow morning I'm helping at the Arthritis Walk and then we're having a panel drive for the deadline and will be at 5 different locations in different areas of the city that didn't already have drop off points.  In the evening we're celebrating Steph's birthday out with friends while watching the Pens game.  Not sure what's on the agenda for Sunday just yet :think

Judy - WTG on your knitting and your purling!  Maybe I was too tired the other night, hoping to do more this weekend on the shrug.  What colors did you get for the throw?

Marlene - How cute of Jocelyn and Payton to want blankets....what is a quillow?

Linda - Be careful with all that cramping!  Sounds like you were quite productive :clap

Mary - Zach is getting so big!  Such a cutie pie he is :manyheart

Hi, everyone.  It's a beautiful day out today with some sun & some clouds.  It's supposed to be in the low to mid 80's for the next week.  Prayer Shawl was fun last night.  I wore my new jacket as it gets really cold in the church.  And I got rave comments on it.

Happy Zach!

attachicon.gif20130529_145550-1.jpg

What a wonderful picture!

Hi, everyone!

Spent all morning at the hair salon at Ulta....good for 2 months now after the ends were trimmed and had highlights and conditioning treatment done. Love the lighter accents :)

Hi, Mary! I hope you're getting a handle on things now so you can finally take a deep breath! Love, Love that Zack!!

I visited the 3 mo old grandson of a long time neighbor/friend the other day. What a doll...and it was funny how all of the little things I used to do with Philip at that age came back to me. I had him laughing!

The colors of the throw I'm making are the same as what are suggested...I don't choose subtle colors very well. When I tossed them into the basket I loved how they complemented each other....

Caron Pounders:

Pale Green

soft sage

Lavender Blue

Lilac

Sherry ~ I hope you all haven't had any storm damage this week - it seems like everyday there have been more warnings in your area. :hug

Judy ~ Yay for a morning of being pampered! :)   I love the colors in the afghan picture...so glad you were able to find the same ones. :yarn

Linda ~ Your prayer shawl group always sounds so nice. :yes   Are you still thinking of going to Iowa this summer? 

Marisa ~ Happy Birthday to your sister. :cake   Tomorrow sounds super busy - enjoy your weekend!

Joanne mentioned Excel earlier in the week - I used to use it all the time and haven't needed it in a very long time.  Well, it's all coming back to me and I've put most of my parent's bills, expenses, etc. on spreadsheets. :clap   Slowly, but surely...

Hello Housemates!

I read through all the post but did not take notes.

Mary, lifting you and your family up in prayer...so sorry about your dad.  Luke is soo cute!

Judy, I love those colors and also the picture of the blanket you posted.

Cindy, I love the scarf you're working on.

I've been feeling lousy.  I had an appointment with the financial counselor (I don't have insurance) for the doctor I'm going to see.  God is so good...I qualify $10 copay for medical and dentist, $50 copay for emergency room visit.  I have the Drs appointment on June 27th.  I'm dealing with on/off pain in legs as well as allergies and headaches.  27 more days!!!

I went to my cousin's for Memorial Day...came home and barely ate before I passed out.  I'm not sleeping well so I'm napping more than I'm awake.

Marlene, Joanne, Sherry, Linda & Marisa :ghug .

Hi everyone.

Mary, glad things are settling down a bit for you. That is a great picture of Zach.

Val, I'm so sorry that you are still feeling sick. It's been a long time. Glad you got the financial details of a doctor visit worked out.

Linda, your prayer shawl group always sounds like an enjoyable time. I like the things you bought at work, at least the way I picture them in my head!

Judy, looking forward to seeing your afghan.

Marisa, happy birthday to Steph. Hope you have a great weekend. What's the latest on your mom?

Joanne, hope you get the weekend off.

Marlene, are you doing anything special this weekend? Will you be seeing Maya? We are expecting rain but I am hoping to go to the local farmers market in the morning.

I was on call for work yesterday and today. I didn't get called in, but I did go in today to present an in service. Yesterday I finished a BICO that I started a few months ago, and I read an entire book. Today I cleaned and did laundry. I even got caught up on ironing.

Well, better go, dinner should be about ready to take out of the oven.

Thanks, everyone, for the sweet comments about Zach.♥  DD had the same color hair as Zach does at this age.  Luke calls him "Baby Z." :)  We plan to spend part of Sunday with them - it's been way too long.

Valerie ~ Oh, we want you to feel better very soon. :hug   I'm so glad that things worked out with low co-pays for the doctor!

Cindy ~ Hi!  You sure have accomplished a lot on your days off. :cheer   I hope to spend some time outside this weekend - my yard is calling me. ;)

I started another scarf this evening.  This one is the Surreybelle pattern in a dusty rose color.  I washed and dried the 7 I've made since Christmas and need to get those in the mail next week - talk about being behind on everything!

Hi all,

The weekend is here and I'm not working! Didn't get out till about 6:30 and went to DD's. Having some R&R time was just what I needed!! Robbie has found his fingers and his toes! He's starting to smile so much more! My DD asked for a baby picture of herself- I agree with her that he definitely looks more like her. Will have to dig a picture out tomorrow. Ryan definitely looks more like my SIL.

My middle DD has an art opening at a gallery in Park Slope Brooklyn- opening reception is next Friday night. She's really doing great with her art and I'm glad she has it to keep her more than busy! Her work will be up until the 30th so I may not go out to see it until the weekend. I would like to try and get to the opening reception, but we'll have to see.

Thinking of Sherry and all the folks in OK- I can't believe all that's going on in that state with all these tornadoes! There are 50,000 people w/out power and quite a lot of devastation. Lots of prayers being said.

Mary- Zach is adorable!! How cute that Luke calls him Baby Z. Ryan is really starting to say more words now. Tonight he said knee for the first time, elbow and arm. I guess it was "name body parts' night tonight!  :lol

Marisa- The KtB is really coming along! Have fun celebrating Steph's birthday.

Val- Glad you could work out the financials for Dr visits- prayers for you that you start to feel better. I would keep calling to see if there are any cancellations before the 27th of June. Glad you checked in. :hug

Cindy- WTG on reading a whole book!!!

Linda- I agree with the others- your prayer shawl group sounds great and your buys at the shop sound so neat!

Judy- I had highlights the last time I went- I go back again on Wed night and may get a few more. I love how it looks!!! Love the colors of that afghan and glad you were able to pick them all up-and on sale too!

Hi, all.  Went to the hospital and got those bills all paid off.  Whew!!!!  Then I treated myself to a manicure/pedicure.  All that massage really helped with all my aches and pains.  Got a office chair for work and some more games for the computer and started a new prayer shawl while watching TV tonight.  All I can say about the prayer shawl is that the yarn I was given to make it out of is extremely LOUD!  :lol   It's the no brainer shawl that's my go to shawl for something quick and easy.  Just takes two skeins of Homespun yarn and a P hook.  Oh!  I almost forgot.  I ordered a weaving loom off eBay and a couple of extra shuttles.  I got to try one out when I was at DD's last December and fell in love with it.  I'm using some of the money mom left me to get a bunch of things I've wanted for me as well as paying off bills.  It's the Kromski 32" loom.  It's very user friendly.  One of the extra shuttles is from here in the USA, so it and the loom should arrive sometime next week.  The other shuttle is from Europe and could take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to arrive.  They have a number of cool looking shuttles, so I'll try one and see if I like them and if I do, will probably get some more.

Mary, you are doing great on getting all the paperwork organized.  :clap

Val ~ Glad to hear from you.  I was getting worried about you.  Glad you've got an appointment and have the financial end of it figured out.  We really want you well.  :ghug

Judy, those colors sound like they will be great together for your throw.

Hi, ladies!

Val, it's good to hear from you! Glad you have the doc appt scheduled too.

Linda, so glad you were able to pay off your bills...and the mani pedi - heavenly....

Hi to everyone else - have to run!

BBL

Good morning everyone. I have no real plans for today. Laundry is caught up, house is clean. The only thing on my to do list is to pot the herb plants I bought yesterday. I suppose I could weed of something, but my back is bothering me, probably from all the cleaning and vacuuming I did yesterday. I'm also hoping to get to the farmers market this morning.

Linda, yay for getting those bills paid off and getting yourself a few treats. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the loom. Last fall I was at a big craft show, and one of the weavers had a small loom set up and was making a shawl type item on it. She had some gorgeous wraps for sale in her booth, they were much too expensive to be an impulse purchase for me, but others were buying.

Sherry, hope you are okay. I read about the tornados last night.

Joanne, it's good to hear that your dd is keeping busy and moving on. Hope her art does great at the gallery.

Mary, my gardens are calling me too. Hopefully a little Motrin and some stretches will straighten my back out and I will be able to get out there later.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad things are starting to calm down for you. Great pic of Luke. He sure is growing. Maya will be coming next weekend when we come home from her house. Her birthday is tuesday and we will celebrate it next saturday. I'm working on a baby blanket for a friend and I'm going to finish Zack's blanket before I start anything else. A dusty pink surreybelle scarf is going to be pretty.

Linda, Yah for paying the bills off and being able to treat yourself. Can't wait to see your weaving. Prayer shawl group sounds grand.

Marisa, It sounds like your having another busy weekend. Have fun celebrating Steph's birthday! A quillow is like a quilted blanket. You have a top, bottom and batting in the middle. You use an 18inch square and sew it on the top of the quilt, then sew a line off each corner of the square to the end. Then you fold it on the lines and tuck it into the pillow (you leave one end open). You have a pillow and a quilt all in one.

Judy, Yah for treating yourself.

Val, Sorry your not feeling well. Glad your able to get the medical taken care of with reasonable co-pays to.

Cindy, DS is here with the kids this weekend. Grandpa was taking them fishing, but I just checked and it looks like there coming back in. It's probably to windy for them. Nope they forgot the bait.

Joanne, Enjoy your weekend! It's good that DD has her art to keep her busy.

We went fishing for many hours yesterday. I'm burnt, but it don't hurt today. But my hands hurt this morning when I got up. I took some ibuprofen and feel much better now. Daisy is loving the kids being here. Payton actually is wearing her out.

Have a good day everyone!

Happy Saturday, everyone. :manyheart

Sherry ~ I hope you and your family are safe. :hug   

Joanne ~ You deserve a quiet, relaxing weekend!  So glad you had time with the little ones yesterday evening. :c9

Linda ~ How exciting to be getting a loom!  I'm still in awe of those who can deal with Homespun. :lol

Cindy ~ I hope your back is okay. :hug   What yarn and color is the BICO?

Marlene ~ Your time with DS and the kids sounds so nice.  Be sure and tell Maya "Happy Birthday" from us, too!  Looking forward to seeing your baby 'ghan and Zack's blanket. 

Hi Judy!

We're supposed to have storms this afternoon, so I'm staying home and may crochet a little later.  Have a good afternoon!

That is so cute, Cindy!  It looks super soft and cozy. :c9

The storms missed us, which is a good thing.  But I was looking for an excuse to stay in and crochet. :hook

Just checking In housemates!

Cindy, love your Bico. Hope your back is better!

Mary, glad the storm missed you!

Thanks everybody for your concern.

Hugs to all my housemates.

I'm outside on my niece's tablet and she's reaching for it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!

Hi all,

The BICO is so adorable, Cindy. Hope your back eased up some!

It was hot today- and I spent most of the day with DD and my GS.  I did go and get a pedi/mani though this morning! Didn't get too much done, but that's ok, it was better to spend it with the two boys! We did go to the library's annual book sale and got quite a lot of books for them for very little $.

My middle DD called tonight- she was having a mini meltdown- she is still hurting but knows she is doing good with her art and keeping busy. She may come down tomorrow for a little bit before heading to install her art for the show this upcoming weekend. My heart hurts for her.

Hi to  Linda, Val, Judy, Marlene, Mary, Marisa, Sherry and everyone in the house! :ghug

Morning!

I`m out back on my nook tablet. The nice comfy breeze confirms what the forecast has said: a cool front is coming.

Cool...it's a relative term, i'm sure.....

Sherry....sooooo glad to hear you are ok. It hhas to be so frightening!

Bbl.....

'Morning, House. :)

Valerie ~ I hope you're feeling okay and are taking it easy. :manyheart   Have you been crocheting much?

Joanne ~  Your DD sounds like she is really trying to get over this jerk  guy.  She has great support from her family and I just know she will find the right person! :manyheart

Hi Judy!  Enjoy your morning. :)   Did I miss Sherry's post? Oh, I'm so glad they are okay!

We're going over to DD's this a.m.  I haven't seen them in almost two weeks and this week is looking really full again.  Sue and I meet with the lawyer again tomorrow and I will be driving DH quite a bit.

Have a good morning, everyone. :yes

'Morning, House. :)

Valerie ~ I hope you're feeling okay and are taking it easy. :manyheart   Have you been crocheting much?

Joanne ~  Your DD sounds like she is really trying to get over this jerk  guy.  She has great support from her family and I just know she will find the right person! :manyheart

Hi Judy!  Enjoy your morning. :)   Did I miss Sherry's post? Oh, I'm so glad they are okay!

We're going over to DD's this a.m.  I haven't seen them in almost two weeks and this week is looking really full again.  Sue and I meet with the lawyer again tomorrow and I will be driving DH quite a bit.

Have a good morning, everyone. :yes

saw Sherry on facebook. Don't think she posted here yet.

Archived