Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Everyone's soup sounds good. I'll fix soup in the summer if it cools down. I'm already to warm to eat soup if it's to hot out. It kicks those hot flashes in to.

Hubby got a new/used truck today. It's a 98 S-10 chevy truck.

I called are vet in Texas and asked what we could do to make Daisy's car trips better on her. He said to give her kids dranamine. They don't make one over the counter. So I talked to the pharmacist and he told me how much to give her from the adult dose. Now were all happy when we travel. It's the city driving that she doesn't do well with until now.

Mary, It's suppose to be this weekend that Maya is coming. Which ever day her sister goes home. Glad that hubby can take the train. It sure has to make it easier on. It's nice that a co-worker will pick him up.

Linda, How did the haircut turn out?

Cindy, Way to go on all the decluttering.

Judy, Way to go on all your decluttering to. Sorry you had all the aching afterwards though.

Joanne, Glad you were able to help DD out. Poor girl. If she ever has a check engine light come on she can go to Auto Zone and they will check the code. They hook up a machine that reads it. And it's free. If you don't have Auto Zone where you live there probably is another auto parts store that will do it free.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,

Judy- The bear afghan you posted on FB is so adorable. I love the bear in pink! I'm sure that is going to be  much loved and treasured by the recipient!

Linda- I had my haircut (and colored) last evening as well. Feels great! Hope you have a good day at work today.

Marlene- Enjoy your time with Maya- and lots of luck to DH with his new truck! Thanks for the info on Auto Zone- and yes, we have them around here.

While I was getting my hair blown out last night, DD called. Seems when it rains it pours- so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. There was a fire in the building where she lives (her studio as well). No one hurt, cat ok, they were able to retrieve some of their belongings- so she has some clothes, her computer, etc. She said she has a place to stay and that all of her print shop equipment is fine. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. I'll be calling her later this morning, She wasn't sure if she needed me to come to bring her to get her car or if one of her friends is going to take her. She told me that surprisingly she almost feels a sense of relief- because of the memories at the studio.

Off to get my weekly chores/laundry done

Hi, all. The haircut was great.  I don't try to get it as short as the stylist can when she does the back of my hair..  I love having it ultra short in back in the summer.  Both Rita and Tammi wanted the latest updates on John and Kim, so that kept us occupied for a good bit of the time.  Kim was down to 99 pounds when she went to the rehab place.  They have to work with her now to get some weight back and regain some strength in her muscles before she can go home.  She was unable to stand alone, let alone walk with just one person's assistance.  This has been dragging on for about 4 months now.

Marlene, hope you enjoy your visit with DD and Maya.  I'll bet the dramamine will really help Daisy.

Joanne, hoping that all turns out okay with DD.  You are right, "When it Rains, it Pours."

Have a good day and a great weekend my friends. :manyheart

Good morning,

Judy- The bear afghan you posted on FB is so adorable. I love the bear in pink! I'm sure that is going to be much loved and treasured by the recipient!

Thanks!

Linda- I had my haircut (and colored) last evening as well. Feels great! Hope you have a good day at work today.

Marlene- Enjoy your time with Maya- and lots of luck to DH with his new truck! Thanks for the info on Auto Zone- and yes, we have them around here.

While I was getting my hair blown out last night, DD called. Seems when it rains it pours- so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. There was a fire in the building where she lives (her studio as well). No one hurt, cat ok, they were able to retrieve some of their belongings- so she has some clothes, her computer, etc. She said she has a place to stay and that all of her print shop equipment is fine. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. I'll be calling her later this morning, She wasn't sure if she needed me to come to bring her to get her car or if one of her friends is going to take her. She told me that surprisingly she almost feels a sense of relief- because of the memories at the studio.

Off to get my weekly chores/laundry done

DD's troubles are too wierd....I would be feeling a bit paranoid by the seeming coincidences. At least her cat, computer and other stuff was ok.

Hi, all. The haircut was great. I don't try to get it as short as the stylist can when she does the back of my hair.. I love having it ultra short in back in the summer. Both Rita and Tammi wanted the latest updates on John and Kim, so that kept us occupied for a good bit of the time. Kim was down to 99 pounds when she went to the rehab place. They have to work with her now to get some weight back and regain some strength in her muscles before she can go home. She was unable to stand alone, let alone walk with just one person's assistance. This has been dragging on for about 4 months now.That's not encouraging....

Marlene, hope you enjoy your visit with DD and Maya. I'll bet the dramamine will really help Daisy.

Joanne, hoping that all turns out okay with DD. You are right, "When it Rains, it Pours."

Have a good day and a great weekend my friends. :manyheart

Well, I went into NYC with my goddaughter and her mom today. We walked...walked...and walked some more. Went to a quaint tea shop for brunchand had a wonderful time walking through part of central park. The whole world was out today. I got home and jumped into a much-needed shower. It wasn't humid today, but was warm.

It's so great to have a girls day out...aka, ROAD TRIP! :lol

Hello ladies. I worked today and had a great day, work again tomorrow.

Judy, I also saw your blanket on FBI. It will certainly be a treasured gift. Glad you had a fun time out today.

Joanne, your poor dd, will definitely say a prayer for her.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Joanne - I hope things go better soon for DD.  Will be praying for her.

Really cute baby hats!!  (Can't remember who made them--didn't write anything down).

Mary - We got thunderstorms this morning and afternoon, so now it's sunny, hot and muggy.  ugh.  But at least the wind is slightly blowing (about 15 mph) which in Oklahoma is just a breeze LOL.

Sounds like everyone is busy with summer!

Went to Walmart this afternoon and got a couple of tomato plants (both cherry tomatoes).  Hoping they will do well.  Just love tomatoes!!  They will be my gift to DH for Father's Day.  DD got him a gift card and some snickers (he loves snickers).  Not sure what the GS got him, will find out tomorrow.  We have the littlest GS since last night.  He threw a huge fit to come home with us (he knew PaPa would be working in the yard putting up the pool) and he wanted to come.  DD told him he couldn't spend the night anymore during the week (they've been here the nights she goes to class) but we'll see how long that lasts.  She will want a break and then they will be here. 

Work still isn't any better.  It's so stressful.  I really dread going this next week.  I really don't enjoy working there anymore, which is sad as I've always loved it there.  I guess I'll be praying a lot about what to do.  DH hands me the classifieds every week, and I look through them but I've not found anything yet.  Most jobs are way below what I make. 

On a better and happy note--I found my yarn!!!!!  And I found DD's afghan that I'd been working on (Mary's pattern).  so now I can begin to work on that and get it done.  I have an afghan (called a ginkie) that I need to make for my Godson (he graduated from high school in May) and has worn his out.  I asked if he needed another one and he said Of Course!!  So I have the colors he wants, so I'll be working on that.  And he's 6'3", so it will definitely need to be bigger than the one I made for him when he was 3 - LOL.

I hope all of you have a great weekend and a great Father's Day.  Hugs to all!!

Yay, for a girls' day out, Judy.  Sounds like you had a really nice day.

Sherry, I'm so sorry that work is such a hastle right now.  Definitely keeping you in my prayers.  Congratulations on finding your yarn again. 

It was pretty quiet at work today.  Frank got some new signs that will hopefully bring in some new business.

I'm going to a play with some gals from my church tomorrow and we're going out to eat beforehand at Red Lobster.  The play is call The Hallelujah Girls.  I don't really know what it's about, but it's supposed to be funny.  And I haven't been to Red Lobster for a while, so am looking forward to that too.

A Happy Father's day to all of your hubbies tomorrow. 

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I seen your bear blanket on facebook to. It's precious! Someone is going to be very happy to receive it. Your girls day out sounds like a fun time.

Sherry, Sorry work is still not calmed down. Praying for you.

Joanne, Praying for DD. Your right when it rains it pours. Glad she didn't lose everything.

Linda, Have a nice time out with the girls tomorrow.

Cindy, Hope you have a nice day work tomorrow.

It was gloomy here today but nice out. It was suppose to rain but we didn't get any. Did some laundry. We went and visited are friends in the next town. There doing pretty good right now. I took Mary a couple of kitchen towels with roosters on them. She collects roosters. I brought them back so I can put toppers on them. I didn't know for sure if she would want toppers so thought I would ask first.

I hope everyone has a nice Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to everyone's DH.

I just noticed even though I separate everything it all together. I'll have to enable some Java thing and see if that is the problem. When I come on it tells me to but I have been ignoring it.

Hi ladies.

Thanks for the compliments on the hats and the bearghan!

Sherry, have fun making such a big ghan! Baby size is so much easier.... :lol

I just found out that we walked about 70 city blocks yesterday ....

...my friend asked me if I wanted to try for 100 next time :faint

I hope everyone had a good day. Mine flew by....

Have a good night my friends.

We went to the play which was hillarious.  Lots and lots of stunning one-liners.  Lunch was at Red Lobster and we ended up going to Jim & Nick's BBQ for supper.  We just beat the evening rush hour.  All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable day.

I finished a prayer shawl last night and have another to make to get caught up.  And I have several more in different patterns that I'm trying out to finish too.

Hope you're all having a good day.  :hug

Good afternoon housemates!

I got up about an hour ago.  I'm still alive!  I have my good days.

I have 10 more days and I see the doctor :yay  .

I scrolled to the post.  Thank you guys for thinking of me.

Judy, I love your ghan and hats.

:ghug  to everyone.  I'll stay in touch!

Hi Ladies,

Val, I hope the next 10 days go by fast so you can get to the doctor and feel better soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

Linda, Your day sounds a load of fun.

Hi to Judy and the other ladies.

Yesterday I dropped hubby off to spend some time with his DD, then stopped by my sisters for a short visit before meeting DD to get Maya. My sister ended up riding along with me so we had a longer nice visit. She has a man in her life and it is so nice to see her happy. I have to say Maya was a little easier to entertain when she was younger. Now she wants to be doing something all the time.

Today I tried teaching her how to chain, but it isn't there yet with the hands. But we will work on it we have all summer and many more years if it takes that long. But I got out my round knitting loom and she loves it. I'm wrapping it and she knits it. I will be buying her her own after I teach her how to wrap it and she still is interested in it. I told her she can make hats on it.

We went out on the dock and fished. I threw out and handed the pole off to her and she caught a small bass. We kept it in a bucket of water to show grandpa then put it back in the lake. We just kept catching little little ones.

I took her to the library and signed her up for the reading program and we got 8 books to read.

Daisy woke me up at 5:45 this morning so I got up started laundry.

I made a couple of granny squares today and need to make two more and send them off. There's a Lucy's facebook page group on facebook. If anyone's interested in joining it to I'll get the exact name. There's a lady on there fighing cancer again and someone started an afghan for her but she doesn't know where making one for her.

It's raining here with blue skies to the north. The rain didn't last long and neither did the blue skies. Just a little storm passing through here.

I hope everyone has a good tuesday!

Hello everyone.

Marlene, it rained here a bit about 8:30, brightened up again for an hour or so, and now it's raining hard, with lots of thunder and a little lightening. It sure cooled it off nicely.

Work went well yesterday, and then we went to DD's for dinner. Today I did laundry, some cleaning and gardening and then we had the inlaws and Dh's sister from Indiana over for dinner. She is visiting for a couple of days.

Val, hope these 10 days pass quickly and you get some help from the doctor.

Linda, your day yesterday sounds just wonderful.

Everyone must be busy, it's awfully quiet here in the house. Good night everyone.

Sounds like a good day for everyone.  I just plain vegged out today.

Val ~ Hoping that the doctor will be abble to help yo to feel better soon.  :hug

Quick good morning!!!

I've been really busy and my free time has been spent on crocheting! Started yet another project- a Granny stripe blanket...So have 32 squares done on my Sunny spread, about 25 rows done on the knit blanket and now 20 stripes done on the granny stripe.

Val- I'm on the countdown with you--have you tried to get an earlier appointment by calling each day to see if they have a cancellation?

Linda- Glad that work is going so well and that you had such a nice time at the play and lunch out and dinner!

Marlene- Enjoy your time with Maya- and hope she has fun with the knitting loom!! The older they get, the more they want to be entertained! LOL

Cindy- Enjoy the time with DH's sister! Any more de-cluttering going on? I cleaned out the cabinets in my bathroom on Sat when I was cleaning. So many things that hadn't been used in forever- Freed up lots of space!!!

Well, time to run- hi to everyone else that I didn't get to personally mention

Good morning. Cool and sunny here, but probably too wet to work outside. I need to do some weeding, but it will have to wait a while.

Joanne, I should get to my bathroom cabinets too. I'm sure I can toss a third of what's in the back of them. I have taken a bit of a break from decluttering this week. I will be getting back to it though. And you'd better be careful, before you know it, you will have as many WIPs as me!

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning housemates :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

I'm still here! Sorry I was MIA last week. My parents came in on Thursday the 6th and then my mom stayed all week through this past Sunday. So she was coming to the office with me. I basically saw my patients and then we'd be out and about running around. I surely kept her busy. So, yesterday I spent catching up on all my paperwork that didn't get done last week, which filtered over to this morning but is not complete :clap I'm now on hold with my chiro software company because my update didn't run correctly. I didn't really read through the posts since it's been over a week since I was last here so if I missed anything important, please update me :hug We got to see 2 of Sloan's baseball games and he played very well and then Averie's dance recital was Saturday. The kids are with me today and will be every Tuesday through the summer now while Ingrid works. I have a haircut appt today and then the KtB is on the schedule at the court house for public comment today. So, today is the day we get our last and final signature for the bridge :xfin Hopefully there will be no hiccups.

I think that's about it for now, but I should be on my regular schedule again now :yes

A quick hi from me.  I'm about to get ready for work.  Today is six hours and then tomorrow is  8 hours.  We had a thunderstorm and rain yesterday and last night, but nothing bad.

Marisa ~ Glad you had a good time with mom last week.  Sounds like she's doing better.

Have a good day everyone.  :manyheart

We had three down pourings of rain this afternoon.  The last one was when I was leaving.  As I was turning to go home I saw TWO rainbows in the sky!  How neat is that!?!

Good morning.

Linda, seeing two rainbows is very special.

My fil spent several hours in ER yesterday afternoon, but finally did get to go home. I haven't heard anything yet today.

Yesterday I made a Victorian costume for DD to wear to a victorian themed party this weekend. Actually i just made a long skirt, that she can wear with a blouse she already has, and i added decorations to a straw hat that we bought a Kmart for a quarter. in the evening I planted flowers and did some weeding. It was too wet before that. I never did find any marigolds, so I went out and bought zinnias. I don't know what the deal is about marigolds. Usually I can get them anywhere. Today's plan is laundry and grocery shopping.

'Morning, everyone. :manyheart   I just looked back at when I last posted - oh dear. :rolleyes   Every day has been crazy, but hopefully things will be quieter for a day or two.  Between driving DH a lot and taking care of all the things of my parents, there just aren't enough hours in the day!  Thankfully, Sue and I have eachother and we're dealing with it as best we can.  We did see the little guys on Sunday :c9  and I'm babysitting for them tomorrow while DD goes to the doctor.  Zach is officially crawling and Luke is swimming like a little fish!

Will check in later and try to catch up on posts - I'm chauffeuring DH to get a haircut and he's buying my lunch. :lol

I've missed you all and hope everyone is well. ♥♥♥

Sounds like a full day for you, Cindy.

Nice to hear from you, Mary.  I know you've been crazy busy.  Being the only driver will take some getting used to, I'm sure.  I'm glad DH isn't fighting the restriction though.

I have to get a move on, as it's getting close to time to go to work.  Have a great day everyone.  Just wanted to stop by quick this morning.

Hi, Mary, Cindy, Linda and everyone!

A flyby - had a good check up at my ortho doc. Scoliosis has not gotten dramatically worse since the last xray almost 1 1/2 years ago. I just have to make some adjustments to how I do things - and for how long.

I'm going to see the Yankees play at the Stadium tonight!! My goddaughter's mom and family are going andd had an extra ticket!! H would rather stay in our comfy house with the clicker...LOL! It's been an eventful week so far.

Thinking of all of you....hugs

Archived