Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello, ladies. Went to church this morning and then visited with the inlaws for a while. It's my mil's 85th birthday today. She was really happy to see us, as she worried that no one would remember. Dd, sil and the 5 little boys stopped by while we were there.

Nothing much planned for us this afternoon. Crafting, reading and maybe a walk. It's quite cool outside, but I'd rather need a jacket than be hot.

It's back to work on Monday.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!!  Just a quick check in.  We've had so many storms and Friday night we spent about 30 minutes in the closet with youngest DD and both GS.  If the tornado hadn't turned south, it would have been headed our way.  I was really scared as we'd seen the one in ElReno and it was a big one.  In all we had 5 tornadoes that had hit from ElReno to Oklahoma City to just short of the May 20th tornado path.  Oldest DD (and mom to GS) was home alone and decided to go to a friend's house.  They ended up in a shelter because the storm turned their way.  We didn't have any damage but DD had no power.  We've had recorded rains--8 to 12 inches, so now we're dealing with flooding.  Yesterday and today are wonderful but they say Tuesday we'll get more storms.  I'm soooooo ready for this storm season to be over!!!! 

Thanks for all your prayers! 

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Glad to hear you and your family are okay. Praying those storms will let up soon.

Mary, I'm sure the boys were just as happy to see you as you were them. Safe travels this week.

Cindy, The sweater looks awesome! A little to cool for me. Happy Birthday to your MIL!

Judy, I hope the mosquitos don't last long here so we can enjoy sitting outside to.

Joanne, Glad you had time with DD and the GS. Hope DD came by for a visit and it lifts her spirits. It takes time to heal a broken heart.

Val, Hope your having a good weekend!

Linda, Hope your having a relaxing weekend.

DS left here early today with the kids to go help one of friends put his boat and dock in not far from here. So we had a laid back day here. I made meatloaf for dinner at hubby's request.

Hope everyone has a good monday!

Just getting ready to call it a day- I've been watching Yankees/Red Sox and working on my long standing WIP- the Sunny Spread. There is no way I'll make it till the end of the game---that is if I want to get a halfway decent nights rest!!

DD did come by this morning and stayed for a few hours- then she headed home to get her artwork to head out to install it for her upcoming artist reception on Friday. She's keeping very busy, but she's just herself. It's so hard to be a mom when you can't fix what's ailing one of your 'babies' .  This afternoon, we took the umbrella for the patio table out of the garage only to find that the handle was broken- and not fixable. So we headed out to BJs and got a good deal on a replacement. We also stopped and had the propane tanks filled for the grill.  Finally got all the patio furniture put back and cleaned  after having the deck stained. Slowly but surely, we're getting all set for summer. Last thing to be done is open the pool, but we need a plumber since the pipe  that feeds the faucet that's by the pool broke over the winter and that needs to be fixed first. We're hoping to get that done this week.

I did 3 rows of knitting before switching off to crochet tonight. Amazing that I got three squares done in a little more time than it took me to do 3 rows of knitting :lol  At least that's what it felt like!

Sherry- Glad that all is ok in OK! Although I'm praying that the weather cooperates and there is no more flooding or tornadoes! I give you folks in OK lots of credit for living in Tornado Alley. I don't know if my nerves could take it! :no

Marlene- Meatloaf sounds yummy- we had a roasted chicken tonight which was my DH's request! Glad you had a laid back day.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Judy- The breeze this morning was delightful--that's why we went out there early to finish setting up the deck! Glad we did it then since it did get hot later on. Temps are supposed to drop again this week and I for one can't wait!

Val- Hope you are feeling ok.

Linda- Did you enjoy your day off today? That spindle sounds great and I'm so glad that things are falling into place for you and that you were able to settle your bills

Marisa- I watched the Bruins/Pens game, and was happy that the Bruins won. I'm rooting for them since my DD is such a huge Bruins fan. Hope Steph enjoyed her birthday weekend despite the Pens loss. How was the KtB gathering(s)?

Cindy- Hope you have a good Monday at work and that your back has calmed down.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Good Morning, House. :)

Just a quick post to say Hi.  I need to leave shortly for my parents' town to meet my sister and go see the lawyer.  I'd much rather be crocheting. :yes

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

Saturday was busy, but yesterday was relaxing. At the arthritis walk on Sat monring, I bought some raffle tix and won a 30 membership to LA Fitness and also a Steelers gift basket! Then I stopped here in the office for a few minutes and when I got home Steph was heading out to get lunch, she was craving a salad. So, I went with her and then I walked over to the bistro where KtB was having a panel drive form 3-5. Walked home and showered to get ready to head out for Steph's get together with our friends. It was a late night, but definitely a lot of fun :)

Yesterday, I didn't even leave the house and it was a relaxing day of tv and crocheting. I worked on my shrug and did about 10-11 rows :clap It will definitely need to be blocked when it's finished! I'm enjoying working with the filet chart though. The cleaning people came this morning, so I didn't leave the house until around noon. And now here I sit feeling like I'm wasting the day :think Any how, after checking in here I have some KtB panels to log into the database and there were a couple people that called to see if they can bring theirs today and tomorrow, of course we knew there would be come late comers :lol

Linda - So glad you were able to pay off your hospital bills and then enjoy a mani/pedi to celebrate.

Judy - I'm excited to see your throw progress and :yay for getting your hair done.

Mary - I hope your storms die down and WTG on your scarves!

Val - I sure hope the doc can help you feel better, you've been feeling bad for quite some time now :hug

Cindy - Happy birthday to MIL!  The BICO is gorgeous!

Joanne - So glad to heat that dd is doing so well with her art and that you were able to spend time with the boys.

Marlene - Thanks for the quillow lesson!  WTG with your fishing.

Sherry - Continued prayers for you, your family, and all the others affected by these storms!  I was glad to see your post on fb to you were alright :hug

Hi, peeps!

I began working on square 1 of the LTK book. Put my knitting needles down after 2 rows to pick up the hook for th ethrow.  I'll post a progress pic on Friday! Need to getback in the photo Friday groove :)

Hi all,

Just got home a bit ago= another busy Monday @ Paradise!

My Rt wrist was bothering me today at work- not sure what is going on. Probably too much time on the computer at work! It certainly can't be from crocheting or knitting. It's not bothering me as I type on my laptop!

Judy- Can't wait to see the pics on Friday. Maybe I'll post the progress of my knitted blanket then too!

Mary Hope all went well at the lawyers today! And, I too, would much rather be crocheting than going to the lawyer about an estate.

Marisa- Your weekend sounds like fun! Congrats on the winning. Is it a 30 day or 30 month membership? I'm guessing 30 day! What was in the Steelers gift basket?

Off to eat dinner.

Have a good night everyone!

Hello, ladies. I had a steady day at work today and stayed afterwards to present an inservice. I work tomorrow too.

It is unseasonably cold here, I wasn't paying attention and missed the frost warnings last night, luckily, we didn't get any, as I did not protect my plants.

Judy, didn't you make some Ltk squares back when we were all working on them? I have 35 or 40 squares done, but I want to redo some of the first ones, which are pretty beginner looking, and make more before I see them together.

Joanne, looking forward to seeing your blanket. I also find knitting to be quite slow, but I find it relaxing too. I think because I know it will be slow, so I don't feel any pressure to accomplish a lot. Hope your wrist is okay.

Marisa, sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Mary, I too would rather crochet than visit a lawyer. Hope the visit went well.

Sherry, glad you checked in and you and your family are safe.

I had more to respond to, but I need to go remove my contacts. Might get here again later though.

Joanne, I hope your wrist feels better.

Cindy, I made 2 knit squares but threw them in with those from the Jackson ghan we made. They're now part of a huge king size blanket. So, back to square one.

Literally! :lol

Have a good night everyone!

Good morning ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert

I was up bright and early today and for no good reason (no bad reason either) :shrug Guess I was just ready to be up and at 'em. It's another slow day for me. So, I'm heading over to my chiro and lunch. Later on Steph asked if I'd pick her up and drop her off at the Jeep dealer before my KtB group. Bean is getting a new Wrangler today so she wants to meet him there and then I think they're going out for dinner or something. It's about time too, he's needed a new car for too long IMO! This would be his 2nd year without AC, last year was rough and this years just weird, you never know what's going on from day to day :eek And, he gets stuck and needing a tow about once a month :sigh So, he's just putting more into the car than the car is worth, but it definitely doesn't owe him anything!

I got home pretty late and didn't really do anything. Watched a show and then read before bed. I picked up a binder and some sheet protectors to organize my printed off patterns :lol So, if I have time to start on that today I will, otherwise it will wait. My parents are coming in on Thursday night :clap Sloan has a baseball game on Friday night, so my parents and I will probably go....I think my mom said she wanted to and I haven't gotten to one yet this year so it works out. Steph and Bean won't go because they'll have to watch the Pens game.

Joanne - Yes, it's a 30 day membership! Sorry, I guess my brain was moving faster than my fingers!  I hope your wrist is feeling better today.

Cindy - I'm glad your plants made it through and you didn't get the frost.  I had that same 'luck' last week :whew

Judy - Have fun with your knitting!

Hi Ladies ~ I hope everyone is doing well and having a good Tuesday! 

I didn't get home until 4 yesterday and drove back  down for most of today.  Sue and I are starting to go through the house and boxed up things we want to go through later when Josie (Virginia sister) is here this summer.  We will be going when we can to work at the house - dear brother is still living there and Dad made us promise he would get the house and Cadillac.  We're honoring his wishes (not in the wills,) but he doesn't get all of the contents.  Meanwhile, we're working hard and he sleeps and/or just watches us. :sigh

Tomorrow will be a wonderful break :c9  - I'm going to take care of Zach all morning while DD and Luke go to a water park with a group of friends.

I started a baby RR last evening and hope to stay awake long enough to work on it after while. :lol

See you all tomorrow.. :manyheart

Hi, ya, peeps!

I did my 3 rows of knitting just now and am back at the throw pattern. It was a busy day....

Have a good night my friends!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Enjoy tomorrow with Luke. You deserve a fun day and it can't get much more fun than a day with are grandkids. Good luck on packing your folks house up.

Marisa, Your weekend sounds like fun. Congrats on your winnings!

Cindy, I'm glad it didn't frost as we didn't cover flowers either.

Judy, Way to go on your knitting.

Joanne, Hope your wrist are better. It sounds like you had a nice weekend to.

Linda, Val and Sherry, Thinking about you!

Today is Maya's birthday. Can't believe the girls are 7. I cleaned some things off the computer today and ran across some pics of her when she was a toddler. Can't believe how the years have flown by so fast. I talked to her earlier and she said she didn't have a very good day. Someone's mother signed up to bring a treat for her child (who's birthday is in the summer) so Maya's treat got pushed to tomorrow and the mother didn't bring a treat so Maya was mad. She said the mother must of been busy with work and forgot. I told her it was her day so don't let someone else ruin it for her.

I'll be taking her shopping she wants a barbie soothing spa.

I made a turkey yesterday. So with leftover meatloaf and turkey I won't have to cook to much this week. I froze some of the turkey to take to DD's this weekend.

We went fishing this afternoon. I might of out fished hubby. They were hitting my bait as soon as I got it in the water. Hubby fished off to the side and he wasn't catching them like I was. I very seldom out fish him.

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Good morning, peeps!

Hi, Cindy - take care and I hope your day goes well.

Hi to Mary (enjoy grandson time) and Marisa, Marlene, Sherry, Joanne, Linda and everyone!

Beautiful cool weather for today again. And a Yankee game this afternoon on TV....baseball and Ice Hockey playoff games are about the only thing worth watching these days. If I had my way we would be down to one TV and basic cable. Too much money for so many channels - all with junck on. We've actually had the TV off alot during the day - DH watches old TV shows on the computer while I read or hook....it's been nice. :)

Later, gators.

Good morning ladies :hi

I am up and at 'em early today.  There were a record 15 people here for KtB last night :clap  So when we were leaving one of the young girls' car was parked in :(  The Enterprise car rental place is next door and I guess someone returned the car after hours and put the key in the dropbox.  There are 2 parking lots, that one and one on the other side (that I always use).  Anyways, they had the police come out thinking that the cop would just break into the car and move it back :think  I don't know why they would think that the cops can just do that.  Anyways, apparently I'm the only one that would be able to call for a tow truck because it is private property and I'm the business owner.  The girl takes the bus to work and understood that I really preferred not towing if we could get around it.  After all, these are my business neighbors and I don't like burning bridges.  Especially when they're not at fault.  The fault would lie on the guy that returned the car.  Anyhoo, there was one lady here that was adamant about calling Enterprise headquarters and trying to have them send someone over.  Me and the girl made arrangements and had our plan in place when I came back into the building to find that lady behind my desk and using my phone to call Enterprise!!!!! :angry  So, I didn't say anything last night because it would've been really bad.  I'm still very pissed this morning considering that the whole situation didn't even involve her.  So, now I just don't know how to go about saying something so that she knows she cannot do that and has to respect my decisions when here whether she agrees with them or not, that's irrelevant.   So, I don't know if I should address her directly or just make a general statement that nobody is to go behind the desk or use any of the office equipment without my consent.  Any little thing could lead to a HIPAA violation and that does not sit well with me at all.  Advice/thoughts?

Other than that, it was a good day.  I went to get myself adjusted and then we went for lunch.  I ran home to pick up Steph to take her to meet Bean at the car dealer before my KtB group and we stopped at Chili's for a happy hour margarita :drool  Today, I have a patient at 10.  Then in the early afternoon I'll take a ride into the city to bring the girl her car key.  I moved it to a better place on the other side (where I park) since she can't get back over til almost 8 tonight and takes the bus to work anyways.  But, I didn't want the same thing to happen.  Even if I told Enterprise and they left it open when they left for her to move it, there's no knowing if someone won't return a car and park her in again :shrug  So, she felt bad about me bringing her key to her and I felt bad that she had to leave her car.  Then, this evening we have a KtB community leader meeting at the new work space :clap

OK, I'm done babbling and venting for now :lol

Mary - Sorry your brother is being a lump on a log!  Enjoy your time with Zach, it's the perfect medicine!  I hope you were able to work the RR.

Judy - WTG on your knitting.  How far along did you get into the throw?  I hear you about the TV, there's never anything on.  Most of the things I like I watch on the iPad anyways while I'm here doing paperwork.  If I'm home on the weekend, it's often either the Food Network, HDTV, or Hallmark :lol  They are my 3 'go to' channels.

Cindy - I hope you have a good day.

Marlene - Happy belated birthday to Maya, that is upsetting about her class treat!  Why would they even allow someone to sign up on a day that someone else already has their real birthday?  WTG fishing!

Marisa, my thought is to make a general announcement about respecting your professional space. THey obviously feel too comfortable there! I have to talk to my WW leader: one lady ALWAYS gets a call and talks on her phone - briefly, admittedly - while the leader is talking! I DETEST it and want to say something to her myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi housemates!

Checking in! Feeling ok but not doing too much. Spending more time laying around than anything. Counting down...doctor visit.

Hugs to all.

:hug  :hug

Oh, I'm on row 19 of 96 for the crocheted throw...

The knitting? It's going to be  a lifelong project... :lol ...but I DO manage at least 2 rows or more every day. I don't want to forget everything the way I did last time I put it aside!

'nite

Hi ladies. I taught advanced cardiac life support class today, and I'm beat. It's not very hard work, but it always seems like such a long day. After a few hours its actually quite boring. However, I was finished early, and dh cooked dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

Judy, I have to agree, tons of tv channels but very little worth watching. Now that Detroit is out of the play-offs, we went back to basic cable. Besides hockey, I pretty much only watch HGTV and the food network. However, I very rarely watch tv, and don't care whether or not we even own one. id rather read or craft. However, dh likes to watch tv.

Marisa, my initial thought was the same as Judy's, but upon further consideration, I think that any sort of public announcement now will single her out, and possibly embarass her. I'd be more inclined to approach her privately? As for Hippa violations, I assume that no patient information was visible on your desk or computer. If any was, you may want to make sure it's all tidied away before next time. No matter what you say or do, you can never be certain that someone won't snoop when you are out of the room. As for respecting your decisions, well, it would be nice if they agreed with what you said, but evidently one woman didn't.. They certainly should respect rules regarding your space, but the car issue was separate from that. The girl whose car was blocked in was understanding, but she might have been justified in raising a fuss with Enterprise, although I'm not sure what that would have accomplished. The other woman of course was butting in where she didnt belong, since it was nothing to do with her, and definitely had no business behind your desk without your permission. I'm sorry that you are so upset about this, hopefully you can work it out without hard feelings.

Val, sounds like you still don't feel like yourself at all. Hope you get answers when you see the doctor.

Hi to Linda, Marlene (WTG on outfishing hubby!), Sherry, Joanne, Mary and everyone else.

Hi all,

Had some R&R time after work. DD texted me and asked if I wanted to come over after work and go for a walk. So all of us, including Belle went for a nice long walk- It was so beautiful out and just what I needed. I just don't enjoy working anymore- it's a chore to go to work- I'm tired and burnt out from this project. 

Judy- My knitted blanket is probably also a lifelong project. I did 2 rows the other night- but won't get anything done tonight. I just got home a little bit ago and will be heading to the land of nod very soon

Mary- Hope you had a wonderful time with zach- So sorry about brother being so lazy

Val- Don't forget to call the dr's office to see if they have any cancellations and maybe you can get in sooner.

Marlene- Love to hear that you outfished your DH!! WTG!!!! Too bad about Maya's birthday treat being put off by someone whose actual birthday wasn't even yesterday~~!

Marisa- I would be upset too- and I agree with a lot of what Cindy said. No one should be allowed in your private space at your office. Hope Bean loves his new Wrangler and it gives him years of good driving!

Cindy- I understand what you are saying about the class. When I have to train on the system, I feel like it isn't hard, but gets boring after a while. I agree with the TV- I'm a sports fan so it's baseball/football/hockey on TV. Other than that HGTV, Food Network- and I love house hunters. Other than that, I could care less if TV is on. DH on the other hand is a tv junkie.

To anyone I didn't mention specifically, I'm thinking about you eyes are getting tired, so I'm going to call it a night!

'morning peeps!

Been up for a while already...chores this AM, and I really want to tackle my closet. So much yarn is stuffed in there and junk on the wall of shelves it feels like it could serve as a bomb bunker!

Have a good day everybody!

Good morning everyone. I've been up for a while, but still need to get dressed. I knit a few inches on my scarf, and did a few rows on DD's shawl while I had coffee. Then I spent some time looking over free kindle books.

It's about time for me to get moving though. I want to get my cleaning and laundry done today. Tomorrow morning I am taking my mil shopping, (she needs to be home by 1 for her cleaning lady, as she feels a need to help her). Dh just informed me that we are going to Grand Haven after I get home from shopping. It's a cute beach town on the shore of Lake Michigan. So, a little boutique shopping, dinner and walking the boardwalk. Hopefully the weather is better that it has been for the past couple of days. It is cold, rainy, and dreary, not at all spring or summer like.

Joanne, sounds like this huge work project really does have you burned out. I'm sorry that it feels like such a burden. How much longer for the project? Any way you and dh could take a couple of days and escape from it all? Even a short break might help.

Judy, good luck with the closet. I did mine a few months ago, and it's still pretty organized. It's mostly because I got rid of the clothes that were too big, and I haven't replaced most of them. Interestingly, I have noticed that I feel like I need fewer clothes now. Not sure why though.

Have a good day, friends.

Archived