Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

I went to DD's after work and had a nice homemade lasagne dinner and some quality time with R&R! Ryan and I played outside for a bit and he made me a hot dog on his grill! LOL

Mary- I'm glad that you have your sis to help you get through all that has to get done!  How was your lunch?

Cindy- I've been meaning to get some marigolds- I like them because they look great in the fall!! LOL I haven't looked yet- planning on doing that this weekend.

Linda- Hope your day went well at work

Marisa- Been reading all about the approval for the KtB project- how exciting and fun!!!

Judy- Hope you enjoyed your time at the yankee game- perfect weather for a ball game today. Just checked the score and sorry to see they are losing :-(.... I've been watching the Bruins hockey game.

Off to do some 'hookin'....have a good night everyone.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, that is exactly why I wanted marigolds. I've given up the search though. However, I would still buy some if I happened to come across them.

I made it through my to do list today, but it took me all day, and I'm pooped. I used to be able to whip through my chores and have time and energy left for fun. This evening I just sat and played solitaire on my iPad! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Good night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope your FIL is doing better now and nothing to serious is going on. The zinnas will be pretty. I wonder what the deal is with marigolds. My hometown Grand Ledge has victorian days the first weekend in May. I've never went to it. It's usually cold and or rainy. I bet DD will be a hit at the party.

Joanne, Your dinner at DD's sounds yummy. Glad you had time with R&R.

Judy, Hope you had a nice time at the ball game.

Marisa, It sounds like you had a nice time with your Mom.

Linda, Hope you had a good day at work.

Mary, Glad Sue is there to help you through things. Fair trade lunch for a ride. Enjoy your time with the boys.

Maya had library day today. They have a lady who comes to the library one time out of the summer program and tells a story. Today's was about gardening. We had two kids one who was a teenager dressed as a pink bunny (that was to funny, but he was a good sport) and a bear who slept and didn't work his garden. She never opened the book to tell the story. She is very good at it.

After library time we picked grandpa up and went for lunch then shopping and got home in time to make dinner. We had a fun time. I hope everyone has a great thursday!

Hi all.  Today was super, super slow.  Sigh!  Not good for the owners.  We're still getting far more people in who have never been in before than those who are returning regulars.

Judy, hope your game turns around before the end of the game.

Joanne, hope you have a good rest of the week.  R&R time is always good.

Have a good night.

Wow- that was strange with the Ville being down.....Went to log in on Friday and got the error message.

I had a nice day off on Friday. In the morning I went and had my car serviced- first routine maintenance, then went for a mani and in the afternoon my step-grandson graduated from HS and then we all went out to dinner to celebrate. Today we went out to breakfast with DD and the boys so SIL could sleep in quiet!  We got all the chemicals and things for the pool and drained the cover. Tomorrow we hope to open the pool ----finally!  DD and the boys came over and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with us. It was a nice, relaxing time.

Hope you are all having a nice, relaxing weekend!

Hi Ladies.  Yes, I know we're all glad to see the 'Ville back!  DH has a trade show in Dallas today and tomorrow, so I will drive him there this a.m. and he will come back on the train tomorrow evening...no trains on Sunday.  'Hope to have more time catching up with you all for the next couple of days! :)

hi, my friends!

Joanne, I'll bet R can't wait for the poop to open! He'll have to show little R what it's all about.

Mary  - no trains on Sunday? Enjoy your alone time :)

Hotter than H... here today. Humid too. I was just out back watering the flowers and am thankful my hair has a natural curl and doesn't frizz... :lol

Not much hooking lately. When I have the time I can't do as much as I would like because my hands and fingers ache a lot. This much discomfort is unusual for me, but I have projects to finish so I'll still be hooking - and knitting. Even if it's a little at a time.

Have a good one, everybody! :hug

Joanne ~ Your three day weekend sounds like a nice one!  I hope you're able to get the pool ready for summer. :yes  

Judy ~ Yep, summer time is here!  We're in the mid 90's with winds from the southwest...which means things are drying out quickly.  I'm sorry about your hands.  :hug   Does the weather make them worse? 

Donna said some posts were lost with the server issues - I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

The train goes between Fort Worth and Dallas with a few stops - but only runs Mon-Sat.  Long round trip this a.m., laundry in, vacuum sitting staring at me, and my crochet bag is calling me. :lol   Better get back to work.

I am soooo glad to be able to get back into the 'ville.  I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on and blaming it on my old computer.  And it happened on another site, too, which made me even more sure that it was my computer.  Today both sites are working.  Yay!!!!!

Yesterday was a busy day at work.  Very little off time.  Which is good.  I really want them to succeed at this location.  And not just because it means I get to continue to work there.  ;)

I have finished another prayer shawl and am half way through another one.  I'd really like to get this one and another one done in the next few days.

Have a wonderful day.  :manyheart

Judy ~ Yep, summer time is here!  We're in the mid 90's with winds from the southwest...which means things are drying out quickly.  I'm sorry about your hands.  :hug   Does the weather make them worse? 

I strted paying attanetion and the weather may be a contributing factor - when rain is coming withing a day or so it seems to be worse or even when it's very humid. Or it might just be  a normal progression of arthritis, too - I have it all over my back, etc....  One of our friends (who just turned 70 and has had his own health issues) said...and I sorry for repeating myself if I mentioned it before: Getting old isn't for sissies.

Donna said some posts were lost with the server issues - I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart  I checked on FB and saw it was a server issue...so I just waited.

The train goes between Fort Worth and Dallas with a few stops - but only runs Mon-Sat.  Long round trip this a.m., laundry in, vacuum sitting staring at me, and my crochet bag is calling me. :lol   Better get back to work.

I am soooo glad to be able to get back into the 'ville.  I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on and blaming it on my old computer.  And it happened on another site, too, which made me even more sure that it was my computer.  Today both sites are working.  Yay!!!!!

Yesterday was a busy day at work.  Very little off time.  Which is good.  I really want them to succeed at this location.  And not just because it means I get to continue to work there.  ;)

I have finished another prayer shawl and am half way through another one.  I'd really like to get this one and another one done in the next few days.

Have a wonderful day.  :manyheart

looking fwd to seeing the finished shawls!

Have a good night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I hope you get some relief soon from that pain. It's hot and humid here to. I don't like it this hot.

Linda, Can't wait to see your shawls.

Mary, It's nice DH can take the train sometimes to.

Joanne, Congratulations to your step-grandson on his graduation. It sounds like you had a nice family day. I hope you were able to get your pool open. The lake water is warm here. A little unusual  for this time of year.

We had a good weekend. We went to the parade with my sister, a niece and 4 of my sisters grandkids. There was a sadness over the parade though. There was a house fire and someone who was trying to put it out got hurt and was taken to the hospital. I don't know any more about him. The house was loss. The parade was a short one without all the emergency equipement in it as usual. We went to the scout park and Maya played in some bouncing houses. She had fun doing that. That had a duck race so we bought 3 tickets and I won a prize with three free ice treats, which we used two of after being in that hot sun all day. I one 15.00 certificate on the cruise boat toward a cruise or dinner. They have two riverboats that cruise the Grand River. And I won a book full of $ amounts off oil changes, air filter, many different things I would never have done to my car.

We had a nice visit with my sister. I talked to my Ma today. I don't understand that women. One of her cousins (his family)  gave him an 80th birthday party a couple of weeks ago. She never called any of us kids and told us. I asked her why. She said because there having a reunion the first sunday of august. Poor answer. I probably would of gone. I have been after her to show me where my great grandparents are buried and etc and it just don't happen.

DS will be here shortly with the kids. He has another court date tomorrow afternoon. We have a couple of things that we need his help with. A spring broke on the one of the garage doors and I'm no help with that at all.

I hope all is well with everyone who hasn't been around. I hope everyone has a good night and a great monday!

Hi all!  I guess I missed the problems with getting on the 'ville--I've been MIA for a few days.  Work is still very stressful and a lot of changes still coming.  Had to go to a meeting today (yes on Sunday) and it was 3 hours long.  Everyone was ready to leave at 3 but we kept on for a while longer.  Tomorrow will be busy again as I got a "new" company for the church and day care and need to enter all the info so we can do payroll on Wednesday. 

On a good note - I was able to crochet for a couple of nights.  Finally gave up on one skein-it was hopelessly tangled.  So I decided to cut and start a new skein.  So far so good on it. 

Well, I'd better go get in my brace and do some crocheting before I call it a night.

I hope all had a good weekend!  Hugs to all!!

Linda ~ Pictures? :)   I'm so glad you're still enjoying your job!  And I saw your post about trip plans for July - Yay!

Marlene ~ Your weekend sounds so nice.  You sure won some great prizes...I've never won anything in my life. :lol   I hope your DS's court appt. goes well.

Sherry ~ Hi!  Good news that you're finally getting a little crochet time. :yes  Are you all settled in your house now?

Hi to Judy and the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart   I never touched my hook today, but sure got a lot accomplished.  Almost bed time for me - have a good evening, everyone.

HI, Sherry and Mary,  good to hear from both of you.

I got a bunch of crocheting done tonight while watching some of my favorite shows and the premiere episode of Devious Maids.  Verdict is still out on the Devious Maids.  It's got some potential, but I need to see how it progresses before I give my verdict.

Sweet Pea has a vet appointment early tomorrow morning.  She needs a teeth cleaning and the removal of a cyst on her left shoulder.  Hopefully everything will go well and the cyst will be benign.

I got my tickets to and from Cedar Rapids a couple of days ago.  Talked to Joy the next night and we are all looking forward to seeing each other again.  Just under a month to go.  :D

Wishing you all a good Monday.  :ghug

Good morning. I'm on call for work today. It's gloomy, hot and humid here, good day for crafting.

Judy, I find the weather increases my joint pain, mostly my back, hips and knees. Luckily my hands are not affected. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda, glad for the shop owners sake that your work day was busier. Its good to hear that you will be going to visit Joy next month. Sending good thoughts for Sweet Peas cyst to be benign. I also thought that the vile being down had something to do with my iPad.

Sherri, I sure hope work settles down for you, or you find something else.

Mary. You sure keep busy, hope you find some hook time this week.

Val, only a few more days until you see the doctor.

Marlene, you sure had a good weekend. Congrats on all your winnings.

Joanne, so glad you finally had a relaxing fun weekend. Did you get the pool open?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ It's always hard to take our pets to the vet - I hope everything goes well for Sweet Pea. :manyheart   WTG on getting lots of crocheting done over the weekend.  I know you'll be counting the days until you see Joy and GS!

Cindy ~ It sounds like summer time has found you, too. ;)   I hope you get some crafting time in today - is there a time frame for when you're officially not on call for the day?

Marisa ~ How is the bridge project coming along?  Sorry I can't remember the dates...or a lot of other things right now. :lol

Valerie ~ Thinking of you and hope you're okay.  Is your appt. still for the 27th?  Have you been crocheting lately?

Happy Monday to everyone at the House. :)

I've been out watering and doing a little more work in the beds - it's already too hot! 

Good morning, all.  Dropped Sweet Pea off at 7:45.  Ugh!!  :yuck   I hate getting up early, especially that early.  It was going to cost an extra $300 to get the cyst taken off today, which I didn't really have, so we are putting that off for a while, but they will be giving her antibiotics to be sure that she doesn't get an infection since the cyst burst on it's own a few days ago.  That will buy us several months for me to save up for the cost of having it removed.

I've gotten in too much crocheting recently I think since my thumb and wrist are giving me fits today.  Either that or the weather is in flux again.  Or a combination of both.  I think it's both since my shoulders and hip are hurting too.

Hope you all have a good day.

G'day, my friends!

Outside today it feels like Florida came up north. Blech!

Marlene, you always seem to know how to have fun!!

Cindy my hands are a little stiif today but I don't have any pain to speak of - and we had a downpour last night. I think the weather is a trigger in my case.  It does help when I pay attention to those little detais.

On a good note - I was able to crochet for a couple of nights.  Finally gave up on one skein-it was hopelessly tangled.  So I decided to cut and start a new skein.  So far so good on it. 

I've done that....cut a skien that I gave up on....life's too short...LOL!

Well, I'd better go get in my brace and do some crocheting before I call it a night.

I hope all had a good weekend!  Hugs to all!!

Hi to Judy and the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart   I never touched my hook today, but sure got a lot accomplished.  Almost bed time for me - have a good evening, everyone.

When DH used to travel for work I would always get a lot of decluttering and stuff done - when the house can stay messy till I'm finished it always helps - plus not having to stop and make a real meal...lol!

HI, Sherry and Mary,  good to hear from both of you.

I got a bunch of crocheting done tonight while watching some of my favorite shows and the premiere episode of Devious Maids.  Verdict is still out on the Devious Maids.  It's got some potential, but I need to see how it progresses before I give my verdict.

Sweet Pea has a vet appointment early tomorrow morning.  She needs a teeth cleaning and the removal of a cyst on her left shoulder.  Hopefully everything will go well and the cyst will be benign.

I got my tickets to and from Cedar Rapids a couple of days ago.  Talked to Joy the next night and we are all looking forward to seeing each other again.  Just under a month to go.  :D

Wishing you all a good Monday.  :ghug

Poor Sweet Pea...

...and let the vacation countdown begin!

Good morning, all.  Dropped Sweet Pea off at 7:45.  Ugh!!  :yuck   I hate getting up early, especially that early.  It was going to cost an extra $300 to get the cyst taken off today, which I didn't really have, so we are putting that off for a while, but they will be giving her antibiotics to be sure that she doesn't get an infection since the cyst burst on it's own a few days ago.  That will buy us several months for me to save up for the cost of having it removed.

I've gotten in too much crocheting recently I think since my thumb and wrist are giving me fits today.  Either that or the weather is in flux again.  Or a combination of both.  I think it's both since my shoulders and hip are hurting too.

Hope you all have a good day.

Vets up here are exorbitant...I feel for you. Would your vet allow a payment plan?

I hope you feel better!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Hmmm, I thought I posted on Thursday, but I didn't see anything :think  I also tried getting on Friday and encountered the issues :sigh  The weekend went pretty quick again.  Saturday morning Steph and I went for a walk over by Heinz Field and it was like a parking lot in the streets already at 9AM for the Kenny Chesney tailgating parties :eek  Then we walked down by the river and the boats were partying too, some of them were there by Tuesday to get a front docking spot!  We walked over into town and got a Starbucks then walked over to the Strip, which is where we always get our produce...local and cheap!  And the fish market is over there too so we walked back with an extra 10 pounds....5 of swordfish and 5 of ice LOL.  When we got back near home, I took all that and headed to the house while she branched off over to the post office to pick up a couple packages they had for her.  Then we went across the street to visit the neighbors for a little while.  Ran more errands, then did some gardening.....all by 2:30.  Then it was shower and relax time!  Yesterday I went over to our KtB space and helped work on panels.  It's amazing how many people submitted theirs that don't actually know how to measure.  I brought 2 with me to work on as well....I have to add 8 inches to one of them!  In the evening I finished the edging for my shrug that's been waiting for a week or so.  Now I just need to hide my tails before taking some pics.

That brings me to today and of course I just breezed through the posts again :blush  So I don't have individual comments yet again :(

Hi, Marisa!

I know all about having to alter stuff when measurements are off! I hope you can salvage everything.  I love hearing about how much you walk everywhere - I moved from NYC when I was 25 and I still miss that part of being in a city!

Have a good night everyone....closing early.

I picked Sweet Pea up at 2:15.  She did fine.  I'd been home a few minutes when the telephone rang.  I had forgotten her antibiotics.  :P   Went back and got them and filled up the tank on the car.  I've been trying to fall asleep in the chair for the last hour, so I'm giving up for the night.  See you tomorrow. :yes

Good morning, everyone. :hi

Linda ~ Good news that Sweet Pea did so well at the vet's. :yes   How are Rosie and John doing?  I hope they're not close to the wildfires.

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds really nice!  I agree with Judy - being able to walk in town would be wonderful.  Our closest store is 5 miles away so driving it is!

Judy ~ I got more done in two days with DH gone than I usually do in a week. :lol   I hope your hands are better today. :manyheart

I picked up DH at the train station at 5 yesterday and we had a pasta vegetable salad for supper.  I'm babysitting for both little guys at 1 today - DD has to have a small procedure done at her gynecologist's. 

Time to get busy - Have a great day!

Good morning everyone.

Regarding getting places by walking, we live on 10 acres in the country. However within a half mile we have a grocery store, our vet, a car repair place, both a nice restaurant and a sandwich place, a bakery, a bank, and lots of other small businesses. Our county offices and the county fire station are also within easy walking or biking distance. Since Sophie gets car sick at the drop of a hat, having the vet so close by is great for us. We live very close to a lake that is surrounded by year round homes, and I think that's why all these businesses exist and thrive out here in the country. We are only about 10 minutes from Grand Rapids, and about 3 miles from another town, but we appreciate the fact that we have these places so conveniently located, so we try to patronize them regularly.

It's cool and rainy here today, which is a welcome change from hot and humid. Thunder woke me up this morning, but the storms were pretty mild.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today, I slept poorly, and I'm dragging.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I had an early morning today and have Averie and Sloan, we just finished watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (the 3rd one).  They are enjoying them.  We have our first cucumber popping up on our plant, many tomatoes, several bell peppers and jalepeno's :D  The green bean plant seems to have plateaued in size so I suspect the beans will start to sprout soon.  Other than that, not much going on.  The kids will be leaving soon and then I have some computer work to do and then another patient at 7!  I think I'll work on one of the panels I brought with me as well.

Judy - I really do enjoy being able to walk to so many places :yes

Linda - glad to hear that sweet pea did well :clap

Mary - I bet you're having a blast with the boys and I'm hoping your dd's procedure is uneventful :yes

Cindy - That sounds like a wonderful location there :yes

Archived