Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, peeps!

My hands are better today, but it's been so warm, despite the air con churning, that I didn't pick up my hook today at all. We just had some T/storms (poor Sparkie is attached to me like glue) and just the cloudy weather helps with the Florida-type heat. I'm never anxious for summer to start....

Cindy, your area sounds so nice!

Have a good night my friends.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Back to hot and humid here. I have a mammogram this morning and a meeting this afternoon. Laundry in between, I guess.

You know that bank that I mentioned yesterday? It was struck by lightening yesterday afternoon. I heard several fire trucks responding but don't know how bad it was.

Well, better get moving.....

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, yesterday I ended up running to the mall to return a shirt my mom and I picked up for Steph that did not look flattering AT ALL on her :eek  Then I decided to stop at Five Guys to grab lunch, which I haven't had in about a year and a half!  So, it was very enjoyable treat :drool  I worked a bit on one of the panels and then my patient got here early.  He was cut about 6 minutes short due to a power outage with a monsoon of a storm!  We had already done the 'hands on' portion.  So, there was no sense hanging around after that, typically I would've preferred to get his paperwork done and processed.  I hate leaving it for the next day and try my best not to do that, but it does happen at times especially with late patients.  But, since the computer was down :shrug  It was quite a slow ride home, but it was slowing down and then when I got on the last road it was an insane downpour again!  I parked and was on the phone with my mom, but the rain was so hard she couldn't even hear me through the cars bluetooth, then it started to hail (small pellets) and I waited that out in the car before I jumped out an ran! :rofl

I have a slow day on tap today, so after my walk in hours I'm going to head up to the gym.  Sloan has his last season game tonight, so if the weather holds out I'll go.  He was asked to try out for tournament ball and he made it!!!!  He is super excited and he really does play well!  Those games start on July 5th, but he'll be away for the holiday weekend as will several other kids. 

Judy - Glad to hear your hands are feeling a bit better.  The heat and storms are horrible here too, they kept waking me up throughout the night!

Joanne - I hope things calm down for you a bit.

Cindy - Wow!  I hope there's not much harm at the bank!  I hope your appointment and meeting go well today.

Hi House. :)   It's supposed to be close to 100* today, so I've been out watering early...we need rain!

Marisa ~ Wow!  The storms sound scary - I'm glad you arrived home safely.  Where is your garden?  It's so much fun to watch things grow - our trees have gotten so big that we don't have enough sun now, but I still have my herb garden by the back patio.  Averie and Sloan must love coming to your office!  How are the turtles?

Joanne ~ I hope the rest of your work week  goes by quickly! 

Judy ~ I'm already tired of summer, too. :lol   Gracie never seemed to care about thunder until this Spring.  At first, she was running around the house barking and crying - and then decided the back corner of our bedroom closet was a good place. :c9  

Cindy ~ Oh, boy...mammogram day. ;)   'Hope all goes well. :yes

Hi to those I may have missed, too. :manyheart

DH and I have some errands to take care of.  His Rx sunglasses broke and he can never be without those.  I think we'll plan errands around lunch time. :)

I didn't get home from DD's until after 6.  Her doctor had to leave and deliver a baby and Sarah wanted to get the procedure over with, so she stayed and waited for the doctor.  They're doing a biopsy of cervical tissue. :(   These things  are always so scary!  I know she would appreciate all the positive thoughts we can send her way. :ghug

Whatever happens today, I WILL make time to crochet a little.   Have a great day, everyone!

Back from the mammogram and grocery shopping. I drove past the bank. The outside looks okay, but its closed and surrounded with yellow tape and a construction company was working there.

Marisa, WTG to Sloan for making. tournament ball. I'll bet he's excited. Sounds like your storms yesterday beat ours. No hail here, although Grand Rapids had about yen minutes of it. It's looking like its going to storm here again now.

Mary, good thoughts to Sarah. Hope it's nothing major. So you are planning to let dh take you out for lunch today?

Judy, its really humid here today too. My back is letting me know about it.

havent been on in a long time, bt just finished a shrug and wanted to show off, hope you dont mind

Hi Christi!  Your shrug is wonderful! :clap   What yarn did you use?  'Our House' is always open - come see us anytime! :manyheart

Cindy ~ We ended up having lunch here because DH had a conference call.  He owes me. :lol   Thank you for the good thoughts...I just hope the test results come back soon. :yes

Hi, Christie - great work on the shrug!!

Mary - good thoughts, hugs and prayers for you, DD, and everyone....so hard to wait!!!

Cindy, my hands are sore again today - but am determined to work on my throw a little later on.

Marisa, isn't this weather nuts! Glad you made it ok.

Hi to Joanne, Sherry, Linda, Marlene and everyone!

Have a good night, my friends.

Mary, too bad about Lunch. Hopefully another time. How long will Sarah have to wait for results?

Judy, I'm about to do my daily 10 rows on the knit scarf. It's getting really boring, so I have to force myself to work on it. Then a round on DD's shawl. It's repetitious too, but at least I can see it growing.

I saw this pattern on Ravelry this morning and think it would be great for all the leftovers from other projects. I like its name too: Grandma's magic blanket.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grandmas-magic-blanket

I'm considering it for a break from the projects I'm sick of. I won't have to buy anything for it, and it might reduce my yarn piles. I would make baby blankets from the pattern.

Hi all

Like that pattern, Cindy.

I've been busy. Dd and sil had to take Ryan to the ER on Sunday. He had been vomiting and they were concerned he was becoming dehydrated. Turns out they had to give him some anti nauseas med and some IV fluids. He is finally getting back to himself. DD ended up with a touch of the virus and couldn't go to work on Monday. She went yesterday So far Robbie hasn't gotten sick. Nor hacpve I. Spent the whole day Saturday with them.

Finally got the pool open. Work is crazy busy. Middle dd may have found an apartment.

DH is calling so off I go.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope Sweet Pea will be okay with the antibotics. Way to go on all the crocheting your getting done. Sorry that your hands are not liking it though. Glad your going to be able to visit DD and DGS.

Mary, I'll add DD to my prayers.

Marisa, Your garden is doing great.  I wish we could grow a garden. We did try out by the lake one year but it didn't do very well. Probably the wrong kind of soil. Maybe I can talk DH into making a boxed garden next year. We do have 2 tomato plants on the deck with flowers on them.

Cindy, That's a nice blanket pattern.

Judy, Hope your hands feel lots better soon. We've had some Florida weather here to. To hot and humid.

Joanne, Glad Ryan is feeling better. Scary to have are little ones so sick. Hope DD is continuing to feel better to. Good news for DD finding her own apartment.

Sherry, I hope things will settle down for you soon.

Christi, Nice shrug!

It's been busy here with 3 grandkids here. I'm glad we had the lake to help entertain them. They all did get along really well. Yesterday and today Payton started coming around and hanging around me like he use to. Today was library day. They were showing a movie so I took all three and DS. When we got to the car hubby had put a note that he was at McDonalds. So we went there for lunch. Jocelyn said if Grandpa is buying lunch he is the best Grandpa in the whole world. She said my other Grandpa doesn't do that. I guess we figured out how he can make brownie points with Grandpa. She has said some mean things to Grandpa a couple of times this year. Her mothers streak coming out in her. Hopefully in time she will change.

DS and the kids have gone to Chicago for the rest of the week. DS won in court. The ex wasn't happy about it at all, especially since she took him to court. The friend of the court has seen her more than they would like to and know how she is and don't let her pull things on DS. Plus he has a friend who works for the friend of court in a different county and he tells DS how to handle things with her. Most important thing is she can't get a reaction out of him any more. He's learned to not let her push his buttons, and that she will bury herself on her own. And she is.

Maya is going home this weekend for a week. Her Mom is on vacation.

I'll be back tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great thursday!

morning peeps!

Marlene, with early correction from you maybe Joycelyn will outgrow her mouthiness...I wish I had been corrected. There are time I can sound like my mother too :(

Judy, I'm about to do my daily 10 rows on the knit scarf. It's getting really boring, so I have to force myself to work on it. Then a round on DD's shawl. It's repetitious too, but at least I can see it growing.
I was wondering if I'm holding the knitting needles too tightly. I'll try and hook first next time and see if it helps my hands. The weather can't be helping, either.....
I saw this pattern on Ravelry this morning and think it would be great for all the leftovers from other projects. I like its name too: Grandma's magic blanket.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grandmas-magic-blanket

I'm considering it for a break from the projects I'm sick of. I won't have to buy anything for it, and it might reduce my yarn piles. I would make baby blankets from the pattern.

I really like that - same idea as Lucy's on Attic 24 ut I think it would lend itself to the "scrappy" look better... I printed it out! TY.

I've been busy. Dd and sil had to take Ryan to the ER on Sunday. He had been vomiting and they were concerned he was becoming dehydrated. Turns out they had to give him some anti nauseas med and some IV fluids. He is finally getting back to himself. DD ended up with a touch of the virus and couldn't go to work on Monday. She went yesterday So far Robbie hasn't gotten sick. Nor hacpve I. Spent the whole day Saturday with them.I hope you stay healthy!! Glad Ryan is improving.

Finally got the pool open. Work is crazy busy. Middle dd may have found an apartment.

DH is calling so off I go.

yay! I hope DD gets the apt!

Another "Florida" day here...glad I've been letting my hair go curly...LOL!

Have a good day.

Good morning. Hot and humid again. Guess it's a stay inside day!

Judy, the pattern kind of reminded me of granny stripes too. I have a bagful of pastel colored yarns that dd picked up somewhere and gave to me. It looks like someone frogged a project and rolled all the yarn into little balls. There is a lot of yarn, but. No big skeins. I tried out this pattern with that yarn last night, and it is quick and easy.

Joanne, hope Ryan is better and Robbie and the rest of you don't get it. Fingers crossed for middle dd to get that apartment.

Marlene, good news for ds. Isn't this the second time she's had him in court recently? I guess she'll never learn.

Not sure what I will do today, ought to do more housework, but nothing needs doing badly, except the kitchen floor.

skysmom~~ thanks...i used Lion Brand Homespun color Pearls. My DD got me a couple skeins for Christmas :o)

Marpan79~~my closest storeally is 5 miles, I can't imagine being able to walk everywhere!

Cindy~~we had crazy fog a couple hours south of you this morning, did you have any? We have 3 acres, 10 would be nice anday being that close to a bigger city might be nice.

Judy~~have arthritis? Good luck working on your throway.

Good morning. Hot and humid again. Guess it's a stay inside day!

For us, too - though we had a power outage for just over 5 hours...a tree weaked by last night's thunderstorms fell and tore down the lines. All fixed now, tg!

Judy, the pattern kind of reminded me of granny stripes too. I have a bagful of pastel colored yarns that dd picked up somewhere and gave to me. It looks like someone frogged a project and rolled all the yarn into little balls. There is a lot of yarn, but. No big skeins. I tried out this pattern with that yarn last night, and it is quick and easy.

Quick and easy is good - and no sewing together...lol!

Joanne, hope Ryan is better and Robbie and the rest of you don't get it. Fingers crossed for middle dd to get that apartment.

Marlene, good news for ds. Isn't this the second time she's had him in court recently? I guess she'll never learn.

Not sure what I will do today, ought to do more housework, but nothing needs doing badly, except the kitchen floor.

Oh, my kitchen floor is a wreck - I guess that should be at the top of my to-do list for tomorrow.

skysmom~~ thanks...i used Lion Brand Homespun color Pearls. My DD got me a couple skeins for Christmas :o)

Marpan79~~my closest storeally is 5 miles, I can't imagine being able to walk everywhere!

Cindy~~we had crazy fog a couple hours south of you this morning, did you have any? We have 3 acres, 10 would be nice anday being that close to a bigger city might be nice.

Judy~~have arthritis? Good luck working on your throway.

It's arthritis - all over. I began a tiny baby hat while waiting for the power to come back on and learned that it's not just knitting that aggravates my hands...I'll keep chugging along, though.

Hi Ladies.  Thank you all for the hugs and kind thoughts for DD. :manyheart  The results should be back tomorrow - so hopefully she won't have to wait over the weekend.

Joanne ~ Oh, I hope Ryan is back to normal by now and that everyone else is okay. :hug   Did the apartment work out for your DD?

Christi ~ I admire everyone who uses Homespun. ;)   It always looks so nice and soft, the colors are beautiful - it's just hard for me to work with it. :yes

Cindy ~ Thanks for the link for the afghan!  It looks a lot like the Bella Dia Vintage pattern, but I haven't compared them yet.  Heaven knows I have enough partial skeins to make several. :lol

Judy ~ So glad the power wasn't off any longer than it was! 

Marlene ~ You deserve a break after having three kiddos for several days!  Your DS sounds very caring and obviously his ex hasn't learned anything yet...I hope she wakes up and realizes what she's doing before long!

Linda ~ Thinking of you and hope all is well. :manyheart

Valerie ~ I hope your doctor appt. goes (or has gone)  okay and that you're able to get some relief. :hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I got to the office just after noon today, went to the gym this morning and swam....I miss swimming so really enjoyed it.  Tried to do that yesterday, but when I got there the pool was full :(  It was today too, but I did about 25 minutes on the elliptical and then the pool was empty so I quick changed and rinsed off :yes  I had a couple patients and about to get going over to the KtB warehouse today.  There's also a neighborhood meeting tonight about throwing a block party, but I don't think I'll make it, Steph will have to fill me in.

Mary - The garden is against the house, so that probably gave it some shield with the rain.  The turtles are doing great and everyone loves them!  I hope dh got his sunglasses taken care of.

Cindy - That's a great pattern!  It's still raining here off and on :sigh 

Joanne - Glad to hear Ryan is on the mend and sending out positive thoughts for everyone to be healthy.  Yea for getting youro pool open!

ChristiG - Absolutely you can come give us some eye candy to look at :manyheart  Great job with your shrug!

Marlene - Glad the kids had fun and great news that ds won in court :clap

Judy - I hope your hands let up soon, but you probably won't get much relief until the humidity drops :(

Hi all,

We were going to go to the local carnival tonight and have dinner- it's at the church right around the corner- but it's too hot/humid/threatening rain, so we opted to forgo it tonight. I ended up making turkey burgers and salad.  Maybe we'll go tomorrow night- and again on Saturday with Ryan if he is feeling 100%.

I've been plugging away on the granny stripe. I'm going to give it to Ryan for his 2nd birthday- and when he moves from a crib to the big boy bed, it'll be his 'big boy' blankie. He sleeps with two of the ones I made him and that makes me feel so happy.

So far, everyone else hasn't gotten the virus! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

It's already almost 8, so I'm going to go do a few more rows. I've been weaving in the ends as I go so once I finish, all I'll have to do is put the border on.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I hope we can keep Jocelyn under control. It really is so sad that there Mom doesn't see what she is doing to the kids. After I scold her I tell her I love her and hug her. She and I are closer than we use to be but we still have a long ways to go.

I hope your weather changes soon so your hands feel better.

Cindy, DS had the ex in court two weeks ago. Her son Stephen put his hands on Payton and Payton told his Dad. The court told her Stephen must have supervised visits with both of the kids.

Hi to everyone in the house!

It looked like it was going to storm a few times this afternoon and tonight but it didn't. It did cool down though and the humidty is gone. It make sleeping nicer tonight.

DD and Maya's Dad are coming saturday and spending the night and taking Maya home with them for a week. It's really going to be quite here.

Were going to replace the carpet in the bathroom and the hallway. Both floor space is pretty small so a remant will work.

We had a spring break on one of the garage doors. Hubby and DS fixed that, then the other door went crazy. The bottom section was folded under. I thought we were going to have to get a new door. We had to call someone to fix that one. There service call was very expensive. 150.00 and I hope I never need them again.

Going to go see if Maya is still awake. This week she has been up later than usual.

I hope everyone has a nice friday!

morning, peeps.

Florida weather is here to stay for some days yet. Last night I crated Sparkie for a while till the thunderstorms passed. He gets freaked out and won't go do his business outside if he hears anything in the distance! Lucy just bugs him...and is oblivious to the weather! At least one is ok....

Marlene, I don't remember: how old is Joyceln?

Joanne the weather has been awful....sorry you missed the carnival - maybe you'll get lucky and be able to get Ryan there.  That's too cute about him and the blankets you made for him! Great idea to make this new once a "graduation" present!

Off I go - Lucy has a routine vet appointment at 10 and I KNOW her anal glands need attention....to much time with her nose where it doesn't belong.... :lol

I did finish a sportweight yarn baby hat yesterday - oooops....have 2 more rows to do. I'll leave it unfinished so I can add blue, pink or yellow as the final row for the multi color yarn hat.

Hi House. :manyheart   I've been home today, but keep getting interrupted from checking in here.

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your newest baby hat!  I sure wish you could share some of the rain with us. :lol

Marlene ~ I'm glad you were able to get the garage doors fixed - that kind of stuff is always so expensive. :(   I'll bet you'll be ready for a little quiet time!

Joanne ~ Luke sleeps with his afghans, too...and dinosaurs, trucks, stuffed animals... :lol  He loves his big bed.  At first they just put the mattress on the floor and now it's set up normally. 

Marisa ~ WTG on getting to the gym so often!  I've been back on my treadmill lately, because it's way too hot to walk now.  Have a good weekend!

Tomorrow we will meet Sue at our parent's house again.  We've taken a break the last week or so, but need to finish going through some things.  We'll have to go back once more with a UHaul to get the furniture that will be sold this fall.  We finally have a court date (July 8th)  for mom's probate and Dad's should be about 2 weeks later.

Have a good afternoon, everyone.♥♥♥

Archived